Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #121
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Include Carter in keepers.
He was already included by anyone who watched him this season.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #122
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You take an old Brand. I'll take Ian. Mavs had a bad year with Brand and he's not getting younger.

Dirk, Marion are keeper vets. Brand, M. James and Kaman are a waste of minutes.
I'll take an older version of an MVP candidate any day over a career backup, thanks. Ian would be the fourth stringer on this current Mavs team.

I'm not too impressed with his 10.8 PER and his 13.2 rebound rate.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 04-17-2013 at 09:41 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #123
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You take an old Brand. I'll take Ian. Mavs had a bad year with Brand and he's not getting younger.

Dirk, Marion are keeper vets. Brand, M. James and Kaman are a waste of minutes.
With Brand = .500, no playoffs
With Mahinmi = 65 wins, championship
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #124
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
With Brand = .500, no playoffs
With Mahinmi = 65 wins, championship
This is also why Mike James > Jason Kidd

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #125
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

jarrett jack and jj hickson would be good free agents 2 pick up

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #126
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

We should keep Dirk, Wright, Marion, and as much as I hate to admit it, Carter. However, if Carter ends up being our best player next year, I will personally drive to Dallas, find Mark Cuban, and shit in his pillowcase. Brand would make a nice 3rd string big, Collison would be a nice 3rd string guard / change of pace type player for a minimal contract, and I am still interested to see what Morrow could bring. Everyone else on the team could roll around in barbwire with Magic Johnson for all I care.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #127
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
We should keep Dirk, Wright, Marion, and as much as I hate to admit it, Carter. However, if Carter ends up being our best player next year, I will personally drive to Dallas, find Mark Cuban, and shit in his pillowcase. Brand would make a nice 3rd string big, Collison would be a nice 3rd string guard / change of pace type player for a minimal contract, and I am still interested to see what Morrow could bring. Everyone else on the team could roll around in barbwire with Magic Johnson for all I care.
Why would you "hate" to admit to wanting Carter back? He is easily the most valuable contract to production player in the NBA. The dude has been nothing short of a steal for us.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #128
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Why would you "hate" to admit to wanting Carter back? He is easily the most valuable contract to production player in the NBA. The dude has been nothing short of a steal for us.
I have issues with Carter. I hate that he was our best player, and I still don't trust him in the clutch. I don't hate Carter as a person, I just think if he is our best player we will not compete for anything.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #129
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I have issues with Carter. I hate that he was our best player, and I still don't trust him in the clutch. I don't hate Carter as a person, I just think if he is our best player we will not compete for anything.
I agree with you he not clutch enough yet he was taking all the clutch shots all year and choking badly.

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #130
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

What makes you even think Vince would be our team's best player next season? Is Dirk gonna die or something?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #131
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
JJ Hickson, who the Trail Blazers recently publicly said wasn't a starting-caliber center on a championship team. The Blazers.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #132
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

The nerve of that Vince Carter, being arguably the best player on the team.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #133
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
His production has been outstanding relative to his pay but there are better values out there, unless you aren't counting players on rookie deals. Kenneth Faried is making something like 1.3 million. Chandler Parsons less.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #134
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
hickson please no...we need a defensive C.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #135
nowhereman
Diamond Member

If everyone's just going to say no to every single player, we're never going anywhere

Quote:
Old 04-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #136
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
hickson please no...we need a defensive C.
We badly need guys who rebound too.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #137
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Personally, I felt like I withstood some things a lot of players can't withstand. I had a lot of point guards come in and start in front of me. But I put my head down and kept working. It's good to leave on a good note." --Darren Collison
He could be talking about the season coming to a close, but that's rather poor phrasing if so... Sounds like a decision has already been made, either by Collison or the Mavs.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-18-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #138
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Carter and Dirk really play well together. One of the few players on the team that are in sync with the big German. From a chemistry standpoint, I don't think Mayo, Collison, Kaman, Brand, and Mike James did work well with Dirk. We need players who are not just talented, but who like playing with each other and are on the same wave length with Dirk.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #139
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

We just need smarter players. Dirk, Shawn, Vince know how to play. As much as folks like to bash James, he knows how to play as well..

Jae crowders biggest assett is between his ears. He doesn't have a lot of athleticism but he's pretty tough and I expect will get better and stay in the league because of his smarts.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-18-2013 at 10:23 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #140
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He could be talking about the season coming to a close, but that's rather poor phrasing if so... Sounds like a decision has already been made, either by Collison or the Mavs.
My first thoughts were "he gone". He wants to be a starter somewhere.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #141
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Too many directions for the FO to go this offseason to draw any conclusions, but being replaced by D. Fisher and Mike James would leave a sore taste in anyone's mouth. He deserved it though. What irritates me the most about Mayo and Collison is that they had a zillion opportunities to prove their worth this season. No excuses.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #142
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
If everyone's just going to say no to every single player, we're never going anywhere
Yeah it's strange. I guess it comes from guys having their favs in the league or maybe from playing fantasy that some very questionable options are being recommended like they would be huge upgrades over what we have now. The fact is if the Mavs had a first 1/2 like the second, we'd be sitting at 6th in the west. And there were 3 big differences between the 1/2 half and second IMHO, in order of impact:

1. Dirk's return.
2. Playing Wright 20+ minutes
3. Collison coming off the bench.

When you look at it from this perspective, it's easy to see the team on the whole just wasn't as bad as their record suggests.

So what were the other issues?

Center was clearly a problem as almost every team in the league was allowed pretty clear walks to the hoop and we got killed on rebounds. As such, Brand and Kaman need to go as Brand is really a PF and I'd rather play Wright there and Kaman despite his offensive strength just isn't a good fit for the Mavs. We good forward with Bernard James off the bench and shoot for Bynum in hopes he'll sign short and cheap. Or give James the start and draft a rookie C who hopefully can be productive.

Mike James started at PG, I think that's solid evidence of how desperate we were at that position. However, Collison's "success" off the bench is rather intriguing. I mean, if we're talking about scenarios in which the lion's share of his minutes are played when Dirk is not on the floor he could be an effective part of the system.

Shooting guard was another huge problem. Due to our lack of depth at guard, Carter had to play backup for both the 2 and 3 which created scenarios in which Mayo had to play way more minutes than he really should have been playing. Now if Crowder develops offensively a bit this offseason, then perhaps Carter can slide over to primarily be the 2 guard off the bench, or even play Crowder at the 2 and Carter at the 3. either way, I think Mayo's got to go. I'd much prefer someone more consistent in their effort.

All that said, I strongly feel our biggest need is starting PG and Cuban needs to do everything in his power to do something big here. Second priority is center. Given the number of top 20 projected centers this year, I say roll the dice in the draft and start Sarge. At SG, just shoot for a role player 3 point specialist. Maybe we've already got that player in Morrow.

So what I predict will happen is the Mavs go for broke on Chris Paul. If we can't buy him outright, they'll try to trade whatever assets (Marion, presuming he opts in) we have plus cash and our pick to try and get a sign and trade. And when that fails, look at Jack and Calderon and try to gauge which is a better fit.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #143
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
We badly need guys who rebound too.
of course but Hickson isn't our man...please watch the game not the boxscore.
he is a mediocre player,maybe a good back-up.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #144
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Would you stay in Dallas after RC playing you behind Mike James?
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #145
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Mayo just said he will opt out!
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #146
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
He also said he hopes to sign a long-term deal with the Mavs...

Old 04-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #147
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Lawd have mercy.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #148
Underdog

Also according to BG, Mayo said he talked with Rick and Donnie today and they seem to want him back... I think it's just a matter of price at this point.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-18-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #149
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Link?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #150
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Link?

Old 04-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #151
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also according to BG, Mayo said he talked with Rick and Donnie today and they seem to want him back... I think it's just a matter of price.at this point.
Of course, it's all relative. Imo, he's not worth more than the 4 mil he would have been due if he opted in. 8.5mil for 2yrs? 11.5-12.5m for 3yrs ?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #152
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Also according to BG, Mayo said he talked with Rick and Donnie today and they seem to want him back... I think it's just a matter of price at this point.
Say it ain't so. Please say it ain't so.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #153
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Of course, it's all relative. Imo, he's not worth more than the 4 mil he would have been due if he opted in. 8.5mil for 2yrs? 11.5-12.5m for 3yrs ?
3 years at roughly MLE money with a player option in the third year, maybe? Reasonable stability and a fast track to Bird Rights? If his best offers come in only slightly above the MLE (and I don't really know whether it's reasonable to expect that), he might prefer a deal like that - over one including a fourth year - even if the starting dollar amount comes in a little below the highest bid.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #154
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, just sign him after Paul/Dwight/Smith/Iggy/Peko are locked up
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #155
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Well, just sign him after Paul/Dwight/Smith/Iggy/Peko are locked up
He's onto something.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #156
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mayo is a solid piece.

I remember when it was Jason Terry and Devin Harris were matched up from 04-05 to 07-08 and there were at least three dozen threads in those four years about how we needed to trade Jason Terry because he wasn't clutch, was too inconsistent, played poor defense and turned it over too much (as well as his inability to play PG and his lack of size). A few years later, when we had a true PG, we won the championship with large contributions from him.

I'm not saying Mayo is necessarily the future of this franchise-- that is a scary thought, but with the right supporting cast, Mayo could be a very nice piece.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #157
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
He's easily not. Parsons is getting like 700-800K, and signed for 3 more years after that.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-18-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #158
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
The Pistons likely offers him a bigger contract imo, at around 7-8 million per year. They need wing help badly, and Mayo is still relatively young. I'm sure there other candidates out there, no way he won't get bigger offers than 4-5 million. Which is a shame, because of our cap situation, but if you take a look the market, there are dozens of worse players than Mayo, who are getting 4-5 millions. So i guess, 6-7 would still should be considered fair price if we go by market value. And i'm really not that high on OJ, but the market says he's worth more than borderline MLE money.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-18-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #159
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Rumors still going on of Kaman to Blazers. @KJ_NBA twitter guy
Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #160
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Rumors still going on of Kaman to Blazers. @KJ_NBA twitter guy
Good riddance... I really like Kaman as a person, but he might be the worst fit I've ever seen next to Dirk - he made me pine for the days of Erick Dampier (and I was never a fan of Damp).

Tags
murph's teats are oily, murphy's troll subsidy, smc rulz, wanna be my lover, you wanna be my lover