Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-25-2005, 12:09 AM   #121
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas at Clippers gameday thread

Finley has just been godawful.

He looks like he's 80 years old.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2005, 12:09 AM   #122
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas at Clippers gameday thread

We are sucking tremendously at def. rebs. Can someone pull up our league standings on def. rebounds?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:10 AM   #123
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
What a bunch of bitching on this board.. good grief.
It's a game thread in which the Mavs are playing like garbage. What do you expect?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:11 AM   #124
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Another injury..
Old 01-25-2005, 12:11 AM   #125
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Windmill360°
We are sucking tremendously at def. rebs. Can someone pull up our league standings on def. rebounds?
The guards and SF's are giving the Mavs very little on the glass.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:11 AM   #126
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Im not a guy, but I felt that knee
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:11 AM   #127
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor stackhouse, that must have hurt....
Old 01-25-2005, 12:12 AM   #128
Murphy3
Guru

...walk it off...
Old 01-25-2005, 12:15 AM   #129
Murphy3
Guru

Armstrong, how can you be so stupid? You're wide open for a shot and you decide to dribble into the lane and let the shot clock expire without getting a shot off?

Stupidity...
Old 01-25-2005, 12:16 AM   #130
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

well Nowitzki and Finley sure played hot-potato
Old 01-25-2005, 12:16 AM   #131
Murphy3
Guru

great...let's lose a game to the rockets and grizzlies... and the kings...and the lakers.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:16 AM   #132
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Man... Spurs are gonna lose. Someone needs to let the Mavs know at least.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:16 AM   #133
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What a bunch of bitching on this board.. good grief.
Yep.

We've got to have the ultimate cheer!

I'm thinking

Cold coolin' at a bar, and I'm lookin' for some action
But like Mick Jagar said, "I can't get no satisfaction"
The girls are all around, but none of them want to get with me
My threds are fresh and I'm looking def
Yo, what's up with L-O-C?
The girls I sawjokin' at the other end of the bar
Havin' drinks with some no-name chump
When they know that I'm the star
So I got up and strolled over to the other side of the cantina
I asked the guy, "Why you so fly?"
He said, "Funky Cold Medina"

Funky Cold Medina

This brother told me a secret on how to get more chicks
Put a little Medina in your glass
And the girls will come real quick
It's better than any alcohol or aphrodisiac
A couple of sips of this love potion and she'll be on your lap
So I gave some to my dog, when he began to beg
Then he licked his bowl and he looked at me
And did the Wild Thing on my leg
He used to scratch and bite me
Before he was much, much meaner
But now all the poodles run to my house
For the Funky cold Medina

You know what I'm sayin'? I got every dog in my neighborhood
Breakin' down my door, I got Spuds McKenzie, Alex from Stroh's
They won't leave my dog alone with that Medina, pal

I went up to this girl, she said, "Hi, my name is Sheena"
I thought she'd be good to go with a little Funky cold Medina
She said, "I'd like a drink, " I said OK, I'd go get it
Then a couple of sips, she sold licked her lips
And I knew that she was with it
So I took her to my crib, and everything went well as planned
But when she got undressed, it was a big old mess
Sheena was a man
So I threw him out, I don't fool around
With in Oscar Meyer weiner
You must be sure that your girl is pure
For the Funky Cold Medina
You know, ain't no playin' with a man
This is the 80's and I'm down with the ladies, ya know?

Break it down

Back in the saddle, lookin' for a little affection
I took a shot as a conteatant on the Love Connection
The audience voted and you lnow they picked a winner
I took my date to the Hilton for Medina and some dinner
She had a few drinks, I'm thinkin' soon what I'll be gettin'
Instead she started talkin' about plans for a weddin'
Said wait, slow down, love, not so fast, says "I'll be seein' ya"
That's why I found you don't play around
With the Funky Cold Medina
Ya know what I'm sayin', that Medina's a monster, y'all
Funky Cold Medina

Old 01-25-2005, 12:18 AM   #134
Murphy3
Guru

Stack...should have given the ball back..
Old 01-25-2005, 12:19 AM   #135
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

That 3 is game. It's over.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:19 AM   #136
Murphy3
Guru

Stack? What in the f' was that?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:19 AM   #137
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

stick a fork in them.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:19 AM   #138
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Kayman is way better than Damp. Unbelievable.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:19 AM   #139
NoHeartIncluded

NoHeartIncluded is on a distinguished road

ballgame

-Jimmy Valvano
NoHeartIncluded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:20 AM   #140
bernardos70
Diamond Member

San Antonio losing by 4 with 1 min. to go, and we manage to lose to the clippers. In-effin-credible.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:20 AM   #141
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road

dammit! we gotta win this one! it's a chance to pull in close to the spurs!! dammit! anyone else notice we lose whenever the spurs lose??
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:20 AM   #142
Murphy3
Guru

Fin shouldn't be on the court....
Old 01-25-2005, 12:21 AM   #143
bernardos70
Diamond Member

thanks murph.....
Old 01-25-2005, 12:21 AM   #144
Murphy3
Guru

Armstrong should have gone to the other side of the rim...use the rim as your friend....
Old 01-25-2005, 12:22 AM   #145
Murphy3
Guru

...live and die by Dirk...then Stack...instead of trying to make sure that the shot distribution is relatively equal
Old 01-25-2005, 12:23 AM   #146
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Finley 1-9 FGM with 4 points total. Kayman is looking better than Damp isn't he..
Old 01-25-2005, 12:24 AM   #147
Murphy3
Guru

...died by dirk.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:25 AM   #148
Murphy3
Guru

Dirk's two missed FT's could be costly....What has gotten into him?

Maybe I was wrong about Fin....nice to see him showing up at some point.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:25 AM   #149
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Finley can't buy one for 38 or so minutes then makes two in a row, including a 26-foot three pointer. Can we wake up now?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:26 AM   #150
Bayliss

Dirk needs to hit his free throws. Fin makes a shot. The Mavs still have a chance.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:26 AM   #151
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Windmill360°
Finley 1-9 FGM with 4 points total. Kayman is looking better than Damp isn't he..
A bit..but they're both having nice games. The game is being won and lost at the guard spot.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:28 AM   #152
Murphy3
Guru

How do you have a 3 on 1 in the halfcourt set?

Old 01-25-2005, 12:28 AM   #153
Murphy3
Guru

I"m glad Fin has 11 shots while Dirk is hot but only has 15.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:29 AM   #154
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road

if fin heats up, and dirk catches up where he left off we can still win.

Jet and Damp have done their jobs today, though not quite as we had hoped their box scores are what we need from them on a consistent basis.
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:30 AM   #155
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Blazers win 107-99. We are cursed.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:31 AM   #156
Murphy3
Guru

I have no problem with saying that this group on the court is losing the game largely because of lack of intelligence at least tonight...

stupidity.
Call timeout and make them play with a little damn discipline.

I'm sick of whoever jacking up a shot from wherever.

stupidity, stupidity, stupidity, stupidity, stupidity.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:31 AM   #157
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Well, I like the pick up in defensive intensity in the 3rd quarter. Too bad they had no intensity in the first half. They played harder to no avail thanks to some missed key defensive rebounds.

I predict if they keep it up in the fourth quarter that the Mavs can be in the game at the end.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:31 AM   #158
Bayliss

The Mavs will lose. But Avery needs to go ahead and take Dirk out and give him some rest. He's averaging 42 minutes this month.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:32 AM   #159
bernardos70
Diamond Member

The shot selection has been horrible, playmaking non-existent, and we can't really stop them enough to make a run to boot.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:32 AM   #160
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Damp looked really good in the 3rd quarter.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote