Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-04-2005, 11:29 PM   #121
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas @ Lakers GameDay Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Quis is a poor man's Wade. He's a natural 2, but can pass well for his position. He only played the point last year because of our depleted depth at that position
...but can't lead the break.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #122
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dallas @ Lakers GameDay Thread

You cant swipe down on a superstar.

everytime.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #123
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Man this board is depressing.... Score is 42-40 and nothing but negativity.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #124
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Don't just foul him Josh...

And f you kobe. Shove Dirk? You really want to do that?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:31 PM   #125
PepperTheMavsFan41

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394

What does that say about the Lakers?
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:31 PM   #126
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's see if the German can get some touches. Is Nellie intelligent enough to run the ball through him? He hasn't been so far.....
Old 03-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #127
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers board is a lot more positive...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #128
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again a sorry team. Yeah, that's depressing.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #129
PepperTheMavsFan41

FT keeping us close.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #130
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Can you honestly say that we shouldn't be negative?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #131
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Kobe bryant...definitely getting superstar calls
Old 03-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #132
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs are playing so stupid on both ends of the court.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #133
PepperTheMavsFan41

Quote:
Originally posted by: PepperTheMavsFan41
You cant swipe down on a superstar.

everytime.
Even a superstar cant do it to another one.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #134
Murphy3
Guru

12 shots for Bryant...5 for Dirk. How many did Dirk have against the Clippers? 15?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #135
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Finley was interviewed by Jim Grey and he said he was kicked by Brad Miller about a week ago. He continued to play on it and the swelling has gotten worse each day. The training staff want to see what happens with a days rest. He's day to day.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:34 PM   #136
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Where the hell is Dirk lol. Everybody and their mama is getting touches but the one whose suppose to be getting them. This team acts as if they forgot how to play. Daniels and Josh know the majority of their scoring comes from inside. Why they want to shoot jumpers is beyond me. I thought the days of scrubs having career days against us were over. Hopefully this is just a phase that will disappear once Damp comes back.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:34 PM   #137
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

at least van horn can get to the line a litttle and convert.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #138
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Finley was interviewed by Jim Grey and he said he was kicked by Brad Miller about a week ago. He continued to play on it and the swelling has gotten worse each day. The training staff want to see what happens with a days rest. He's day to day.
Maybe that's the reason for his poor play of late?

1996-2005
Old 03-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #139
PepperTheMavsFan41

What does Dirk have to do to get a shot?????

-EDIT: I see Im not the only one thinking that!
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #140
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
12 shots for Bryant...5 for Dirk. How many did Dirk have against the Clippers? 15?
Dirk's defensive responsibilities are taking a lot out of him.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #141
dude1394
Guru

Typical lakersground post:

"Mavs now get their 14th free throws in 8 possessions... can't win this way guys... This time Slava is the guilty party... Van Horn makes both throws... 46-44 us."
Old 03-04-2005, 11:36 PM   #142
Murphy3
Guru

Stackhouse, Daniels and Howard all have more attempts than Dirk.

Why does this happen?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:37 PM   #143
dude1394
Guru

Maybe they are open.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:37 PM   #144
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
Don't give me that b.s. Post him up and run some of the damn offense through him. The Mavs go through stretches where everything becomes one on one offensively. Dirk's not even touching the ball.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:38 PM   #145
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Maybe they are open.
dude, you're smarter than that...
The Mavs are shooting below 39% from the floor. Call a damn play for your superstar. Post him up. Get him some touches.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:38 PM   #146
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk has seemed a little timid since that hard foul, and who knows what's going on with the finger.

He'll show up soon, though.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:39 PM   #147
PepperTheMavsFan41

I guarente Stack wants to be aggresive cuz Kobe is in the building.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:39 PM   #148
Bayliss

Woohoo! Perhaps the Mavs still need to spread the wealth.

Stackhouse: 2-6
Daniels: 3-9
Howard: 2-6
Van Horn: 0-5

Old 03-04-2005, 11:39 PM   #149
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Timid? he hasn't touched the ball.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #150
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Yea Dirk was icing his finger so maybe that's why he's not shooting.

1996-2005
Old 03-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #151
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Dirk has seemed a little timid since that hard foul, and who knows what's going on with the finger.

He'll show up soon, though.
B.S. This occurs from time to time with the Mavs. They simply get to focused on creating solely off of the drive. The offense stagnates. It's not because Dirk is being timid. He's not getting touches.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #152
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Don't give me that b.s. Post him up and run some of the damn offense through him. The Mavs go through stretches where everything becomes one on one offensively. Dirk's not even touching the ball.
I was kidding.

Yeah, let's see Dirk get the ball in the post some. He needs to get to the free throw line a lot in this game.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #153
PepperTheMavsFan41

Good LORD SIt Quesy down.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:41 PM   #154
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Timid? he hasn't touched the ball.
Wide open 15 feet from the bucket calling for the ball and Daniels forces the shot.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:41 PM   #155
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

nellie says he doesn't want dirk to lead the league in scoring. he says dirk does not deserve mvp. i suppose he's trying to prove everyone he's right.
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:41 PM   #156
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

KVH has got the right idea, you can tell that. He just can't convert.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:41 PM   #157
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Woohoo! Perhaps the Mavs still need to spread the wealth.

Stackhouse: 2-6
Daniels: 3-9
Howard: 2-6
Van Horn: 0-5
They are all taking the place of Finley tonight. Goodness.

1996-2005
Old 03-04-2005, 11:42 PM   #158
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Stackhouse, Daniels and Howard all have more attempts than Dirk.

Why does this happen?

Not to mention the fact that those 3 are a combined 6-21...sigh
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:42 PM   #159
dude1394
Guru

They look open to me...I'm not completely in love with the dirk one-on-one play. I have no issue with that being more reserved for when we go to a half-court game.

I would like to see a center out there however but bradley's line looked pretty sad.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:42 PM   #160
Murphy3
Guru

Honestly, it's about matchups. Nellie believes that everyone can drive on their man. So, he's calling for that. No, it's not nearly as efficient as Dirk doing his thing, but hey...it's matchup ball. That's just how that dumb fatass Don Nelson rolls.