Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #121
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

im glad someone mentioned knocked up as the # 4,

ive been trying to pimp that movie out in this thread, and no one ever mentions it or replys back to my posts.

also, for the poster that is asking what megatron transforms into.

I know in the cartoon, it was a gun. But not a gun in the movie. Ive seen pics of like some weird looking alien thing. No idea what he is when not erect. ha
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #122
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Two thumbs up for transformers. The movie was cool. Exactly what you'd expect from an 80's cartoon in a grown up body.

I can't go see Rata-whatever. I like Pixar, and I've loved a couple of their movies. But I'm just sick of them. Get another style or two already.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #123
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw Die Hard...Big thumbs up from me. Pure escapist fun. Lot's of good shoot 'em ups and wisecracks.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #124
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
I can't go see Rata-whatever. I like Pixar, and I've loved a couple of their movies. But I'm just sick of them. Get another style or two already.
Just curious.... what style is that? The computer animation? You prefer the 2D animation? On the point of Pixar's work in this film, what has always bothered me about their work is the hair. Although it's not perfection in this one it's pretty dang close. They finally got it right. This was the first animated movie where I actually felt like I was there. In Monsters, Incredibles, etc.... there was always something that made it felt fake (in most cases this was mostly caused by the hair).... but this one was incredible.

I think I know what dude was talking about, and I have to say I agree with you, but the overall movie was fun. Plus a kiddo doesn't think like that, and that is the intended audience.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #125
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Just saw Die Hard...Big thumbs up from me. Pure escapist fun. Lot's of good shoot 'em ups and wisecracks.
Here here! I was definitely among the happy fans to see Bruce cutting it loose and playing cool like only he can.. I heard Die Hard 5 was greenlit as well, so hopefully they get the wheels turning on that sooner rather than later!
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:11 PM   #126
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
im glad someone mentioned knocked up as the # 4,

ive been trying to pimp that movie out in this thread, and no one ever mentions it or replys back to my posts.

also, for the poster that is asking what megatron transforms into.

I know in the cartoon, it was a gun. But not a gun in the movie. Ive seen pics of like some weird looking alien thing. No idea what he is when not erect. ha
Megatron transforms into a Cybertronian Jet, like most Decepticons do. He never picked up an alternate mode for Earth, so he kept his original transformation.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #127
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

thx.. don't know if I will be able to see it on the big screen. having a baby has made going to the movies very unpredictable.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #128
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Just curious.... what style is that? The computer animation?
You know - that Pixar look - the big, cutsey eyes, everything so rounded and friendly, clean, clean, clean. You see a single still frame and you know its Pixar. Think of all the ways you can draw a picture. Their way is ok, I'm just saturated as a market of 1.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 AM   #129
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Just saw ratatouille.... Couldn't quite reccomend it.

wow...shocking that an intelligent human being didn't like it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #130
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

saw transformers last night... what a great, great 2 or so hours spent in the theater. Great action, good humor, hot chicks (how come computer chicks are almost always hot? why am i worried about that aspect of realism when the movie is about transforming cars?).

It is most certainly worth your money to see - this should make a lot of money, simply based on word of mouth (i know it was marketed, but now people can actually say it was a good movie).

I can see people having some problems with it if they're focused on realism, but it think the movie actually did a good job of trying to make it as realistic as possible. Like i said, it's a movie about transforming cars, yet it was able to somehow have some shred of believability.

And i absolutely cannot see how someone could not have been entertained - and that's coming from a huge transformers fan (of the toy and original cartoon).
Old 07-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #131
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

two thumbs up for transformers. DAMN MEAGAN FOX IS HOT! Made for an awkward moment on a date when i said that under my breath but still worthwhile.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #132
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

just saw transformers, go see it. It was awesome.

Do it.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #133
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Knocked Up was solid.... not great, but I'd recommend it.
Katherine Heigl using the 'f' bomb just doesn't sound right though.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #134
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

still waiting....
Old 07-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #135
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

waiting on what? to see it or to know what megatron transforms into?

Kirobaito posted it up above, if it's the latter.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #136
Nemesis
Diamond Member

sorry, wrong thread.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:49 AM   #137
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Transformers 2..... Unicron.

They can easily top F4's Galactus.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #138
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
Transformers 2..... Unicron.

They can easily top F4's Galactus.
We can only hope. Get David Kaye, the voice of Megatron in Beast Wars, to do his voice. I personally think that Hugo Weaving is a better fit for the part of Unicron, but he already has a part.

Unfortunately, if you too closely follow the plot of the first movie with regards to Unicron, rebuilding and renaming everyone, it will get confusing for non hardcores. I don't think people are smart enough to remember that Megatron and Galvatron are the same dude.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:53 PM   #139
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Transformers was FREAKING awesome.

I never allowed myself to expect much, even with the great previews, but WOW was I blown away.

I'm ready to see it again.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #140
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Transformers was FREAKING awesome.

I never allowed myself to expect much, even with the great previews, but WOW was I blown away.

I'm ready to see it again.
good boy =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #141
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw transformers and liked it very much. Lot's of laughs.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:27 AM   #142
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

the potter was the bomb. enough said

Last edited by Ninkobei; 07-13-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:41 PM   #143
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Bourne Anyone?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #144
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Bourne Anyone?
I'm mildly looking forward to it. I'll definitely see it in the theater at least.

I'm really hoping the Simpsons is good though. I think it will be.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #145
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

SPOILERS...

Transformers - excellent movie, loved it!! One thing that I haven't been able to stop trying to figure out though is what the creators had in mind with the tranforming concept... for example, could they transform into whatever they wanted just by scanning it? Could optimus have transformed into a miata if he had scanned that instead?? And what did optimus look like as a robot before he scanned the truck with the blue paint and flames?

And you have bumblebee, who took on the look of the new camaro... when he transformed back into a robot, he still had the scratches and such of his old beat up camaro form...

Like I said, I loved the movie, but I kept thinking of this throughout the whole thing and it was just something that was driving me nuts... any ideas?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #146
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

It was fate that they transformed into the cars they did. They had GM in their minds.

Contact Me
Old 07-15-2007, 09:58 PM   #147
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
SPOILERS...

Transformers - excellent movie, loved it!! One thing that I haven't been able to stop trying to figure out though is what the creators had in mind with the tranforming concept... for example, could they transform into whatever they wanted just by scanning it? Could optimus have transformed into a miata if he had scanned that instead?? And what did optimus look like as a robot before he scanned the truck with the blue paint and flames?

And you have bumblebee, who took on the look of the new camaro... when he transformed back into a robot, he still had the scratches and such of his old beat up camaro form...

Like I said, I loved the movie, but I kept thinking of this throughout the whole thing and it was just something that was driving me nuts... any ideas?
When the Autobots landed, they were what TF fans call 'protoforms'. In Beast Wars continuity, a protoform cannot leave its pod before choosing an alternate mode. This was different in the TF movie, where they were able to go back to their Cybertronian robot modes upon landing, prior to selecting an alternate mode.

(this is the image of a Protoform from Beast Wars, and is not from the movie)

They took their robot forms upon landing, and selected their alternate mode, which could have been anything. Beast Wars teaches us that the only thing similar between their Cybertronian robot mode and robot mode on Earth is the head. Everything else changes upon selection of an alternate mode. So yes, Optimus could have chosen a Pinto had he chosen to. But he's Optimus, he's kickass, and he chose a semi.

As for what he looked like before choosing the semi...

Obviously this picture is from Beast Wars, and not the TF movie. Yes, it looks similar.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 07-15-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:29 AM   #148
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

What a knowledgable post on TF. Thanks!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:31 AM   #149
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the trailer for Rush Hour 3 for the first time tonight during the ESPY's. Good stuff? or final flop? =/

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:14 AM   #150
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
They took their robot forms upon landing, and selected their alternate mode, which could have been anything. Beast Wars teaches us that the only thing similar between their Cybertronian robot mode and robot mode on Earth is the head. Everything else changes upon selection of an alternate mode. So yes, Optimus could have chosen a Pinto had he chosen to. But he's Optimus, he's kickass, and he chose a semi.
Right on, thanks a bunch for the detailed explanation, Kirobaito... I was a huge fan of transformers back in the day, but I never followed beast wars at all...
Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #151
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
I saw the trailer for Rush Hour 3 for the first time tonight during the ESPY's. Good stuff? or final flop? =/
eh, it wont be great, but it probably wont be terrible either. that seems to be the way of movies lately..none of them take any real risks in their production, thus they are always playing it safe in order to appeal to the masses.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 07-16-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #152
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i think that last picture (from beast wars) isn't truly his protoform. Beast wars used that look to make sure people knew who Optimus was - rather than just use a grey protoform. You can definitely see that he's the transformed semi in that picture.

In the movie, he has the same head design, but his body/head are grey.

personally, i think this is probably the best picture of optimus' protoform:

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 07-16-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #153
irontoad
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i think that last picture (from beast wars) isn't truly his protoform. Beast wars used that look to make sure people knew who Optimus was - rather than just use a grey protoform. You can definitely see that he's the transformed semi in that picture.

In the movie, he has the same head design, but his body/head are grey.

personally, i think this is probably the best picture of optimus' protoform:

Optimus PrimeRib??

Last edited by irontoad; 07-16-2007 at 11:13 AM.
irontoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #154
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Saw transformers yesterday....soooooo much fun. And Megan Fox - good GOD. So hot.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #155
FreakNasty

FreakNasty will become famous soon enough

The gf is making me go watch Hairspray this weekend.......... I kinda deserve it for draggin her to watch transformers 3 times.
FreakNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #156
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ratouille was good, but it wasn't great. It didn't have the same....connection, most Pixar movies have.

Also, I agree that the final 20 minutes or so were funny, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking...this is gross!

Also, I find it fascinating that this is the first Pixar movie that is going to be pretty much impossible to market in the toys/clothes department. I mean, what kid is going to want a Ratatouille action figure? Very odd for Pixar to go a direction like that.

I mean, maybe some kids will, but just using my kids as my two person focus group, it just didn't captivate them the same way, and I doubt they'll be begging me for Ratatouille toys.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-16-2007 at 03:27 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #157
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Ratouille was good, but it wasn't great. It didn't have the same....connection, most Pixar movies have.

Also, I agree that the final 20 minutes or so were funny, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking...this is gross!

Also, I find it fascinating that this is the first Pixar movie that is going to be pretty much impossible to market in the toys/clothes department. I mean, what kid is going to want a Ratatouille action figure? Very odd for Pixar to go a direction like that.

I mean, maybe some kids will, but just using my kids as my two person focus group, it just didn't captivate them the same way, and I doubt they'll be begging me for Ratatouille toys.
Think of the $$ you'll save.

They're doing a favor for the parents.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #158
alby
Guru

yeah the rat movie is overrated. it wasnt even close to the best pixar movie

Contact Me
Old 07-20-2007, 09:05 AM   #159
Murphy3
Guru

No, it wasn't overrated. A few of you just have really bad taste.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #160
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

anyone seen the die hard movie?

Tags
someone stoled shag's cat