Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #121
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
What are they going to do with all those 19-0 t-shirts?
After the USC-UT Rose Bowl 2 years ago, they were selling USC 'Three-Pete' shirts in the parking lot for $1.

I'd imagine a similar fire sale went on outside the stadium in Glendale tonight.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2008, 12:19 AM   #122
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

This is for Underdog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Wrongo, bongo! The AFC may--may--be a bit deeper than the NFC, but it is certainly not deeper at the top. There were six or seven teams that were legitimate contenders, and the NFC had three of them.

The Cowboys would have kicked the shit out of all but two or three teams in the AFC, and the others would have had to survive a battle if they even survived at all.

I give much credit to the Giants. They were playing well when playing well mattered a great deal. But it certainly doesn't make the NFC a weaker conference. In fact, I won't be surprised if the Giants whip that Patriots ass in the title game.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #123
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
After the USC-UT Rose Bowl 2 years ago, they were selling USC 'Three-Pete' shirts in the parking lot for $1.

I'd imagine a similar fire sale went on outside the stadium in Glendale tonight.
I thought I saw some pictures of kids in third world countries running around with "Bills - Super Bowl Champions" somewhere online once. That would be my guess as to where they end up.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:27 AM   #124
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
This is for Underdog.

Thanks, Chum - I was going to do an "I told you so" if the Patriots won too...

Here's the reality today:

The 90s Cowboys dynasty is still secure from the Patriots...

Don Shula - 1 // Cheaters - 0

The NFC is back (hopefully the Cowboys can make this a trend...)

The Giants defensive line is freaking amazing - Strahan, Umenyiora, & Tuck should have shared the MVP tonight (even Plaxico didn't think the Pats would only score 14!!!)

Tom Brady & Bill Belichick can't win a Super Bowl without Vinatieri...

[Oh, and I'll believe God exists when Romo & T.O. hoist the Lombardi trophy over their heads...]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-04-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:08 AM   #125
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Eli: 1

Romo: -2
Old 02-04-2008, 03:46 AM   #126
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Eli: 1

Romo: -2
true.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:30 AM   #127
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

F*ck the Patriots!
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #128
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

This is SUCH a good day. I just found out I won $100 of devastated Pats fans' money in the office pool. I started to feel bad, but then I remember how they didn't honor my week of mourning when the Cowboys lost & my boss felt the need to email me from the Garden when the Celtics beat the Mavs last week.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #129
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
This is SUCH a good day. I just found out I won $100 of devastated Pats fans' money in the office pool. I started to feel bad, but then I remember how they didn't honor my week of mourning when the Cowboys lost & my boss felt the need to email me from the Garden when the Celtics beat the Mavs last week.
Suggestion: Buy pizza for everyone in the office. (New York-style pizza).
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #130
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I think Bill broke something.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #131
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Oh this is great, Patriots lose and Belichek looks like a complete ass. Doesn't even stay after the game to shake hands or even field a defense on the last play.
It's perfectly acceptable to leave the game early when you have an injury that needs to be checked out. Bill broke both his middle fingers. X-Rays showed multiple compound fractures, and they're going to do an MRI today to see the extent of the damage.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #132
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I didn't really care which way the game went, on one side it would have been cool to watch a historical event... on the other it was also one of the most improbable upsets ever, you couldn't really lose by watching this game (unless your a Pats fan). I think I would have enjoyed it more if the Pats had won though, like Windmill said in a way it gave me a weird deja vu of the Mavs, but it wasn't of the finals, it was of Golden State.

In other news, Bill Simmons was found crying like a little girl underneath his desk at ESPN. I like the guy, but i'm glad his Patriots superiorty ramblings have finally been put to a halt. Time to start writing more basketball articles now...

Last edited by Tokey41; 02-04-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #133
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Oh this is great, Patriots lose and Belichek looks like a complete ass. Doesn't even stay after the game to shake hands or even field a defense on the last play.
to be fair, he ran across the field when he thought the game was over (1 second left). Shook coughlin's hand and gave him a hug. he didn't just run to the locker room without congratulating coughlin. he just did it too early.

man, simmons is gonna catch hell. he wrote a "best boston team ever" article last week comparing the 86 celtics and this year's pats. he put in caveats like "if the pats win the super bowl", but what a ridiculous article. i like his stuff, but he deserved the jinx.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #134
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question.

I hated that challenged play that allowed the Pats a first-down via penatly for that player who was CLEARLY trying to get off the field, and was not particpating or attempting to participate or attempting to appear to participate in the play. Now I hate having to leave calls to the judgment of officials, I really do, but why isn't that type of play left to the official's judgment, and thus, unreviewable?

And really to the heart of the matter, is this:

If THAT play was reviewable, why wasn't the utterly bogus offsides call on DeMarcus Ware in the game v. the Giants ALSO reviewable?

That play, even though it went in the Patriots' favor, told me that they were spilling stinkies in their pants.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #135
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Shortly after the review that gave the Pats a 1st down, they went for it on 4th down instead of kicking an FG. It would have been about 50 yards, but it seemed like they wanted a TD instead of just taking the 3 points. I remember the commentator saying that the NE kicker was hitting 52 yarders during warmups, so it's not like it was an impossible kick for the guy. Wonder if they would have just kicked if they had Vinateri still.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #136
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
man, simmons is gonna catch hell. he wrote a "best boston team ever" article last week comparing the 86 celtics and this year's pats. he put in caveats like "if the pats win the super bowl", but what a ridiculous article. i like his stuff, but he deserved the jinx.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/080204

Here is Simmons response to last night. After reading it all I could think is, "You lost. Just STFU, you spoiled Boston brat."
Old 02-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #137
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr
I have a question.

I hated that challenged play that allowed the Pats a first-down via penatly for that player who was CLEARLY trying to get off the field, and was not particpating or attempting to participate or attempting to appear to participate in the play. Now I hate having to leave calls to the judgment of officials, I really do, but why isn't that type of play left to the official's judgment, and thus, unreviewable?

And really to the heart of the matter, is this:

If THAT play was reviewable, why wasn't the utterly bogus offsides call on DeMarcus Ware in the game v. the Giants ALSO reviewable?

That play, even though it went in the Patriots' favor, told me that they were spilling stinkies in their pants.
Quote:
The NFL replay system currently only covers the following situations:

* Scoring plays (except field goals)
* Pass complete/incomplete/intercepted
* Runner/receiver out of bounds
* Recovery of a loose ball in or out of bounds
* Touching of a forward pass, either by an ineligible receiver or a defensive player
* Quarterback pass or fumble
* Illegal forward pass
* Forward or backward pass
* Runner ruled not down by contact
* Forward progress in regard to a first down
* Touching of a kick
* Other plays involving placement of the football
* Whether a legal number of players are on the field at the time of the snap
Wikipedia

I don't think the players rule is supposed to be based on the intent of those on the field. It's just counting how many there are. Peyton sometimes early snaps in order to catch the defense in a substitution, and I like those kinds of heads-up plays. But in those situations, people are also trying to get on/off the field. Keeping it as a strict numbers thing is probably cleaner than trying to glean each individual player's intent to participate in the play.

I too wish those Demarcus Ware offsides penalties were reviewable because they are clearly wrong.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #138
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
I like that "we believe". That´s typically american, i think.

Yes ! 2 Titles for one City is enough, i think
so who won???
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #139
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

As i heard yesterday, 14 Million people were watching the superbowl. This is twice the most popular soccer show on saturdays.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:05 AM   #140
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-12-2008, 05:34 AM   #141
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The vomit is a nice touch.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #142
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
lol @ the blood on Terry's head.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #143
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice
Default Patriots fans: "We was robbed"!

http://giantscheated.com/GiantsCheated.htm
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #144
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz

A Patriots fan accusing the Giants of CHEATING??? That's rich...