Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #121
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

HELL YEAH !!!

FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN Players rule...

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #122
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Heh, I think Turkey played an overall better game, or at least they were more fun to watch. Now it's going to be a boring Germany vs. Russia, or even worse and more boring Germany vs. Spain.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:45 PM   #123
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
Heh, I think Turkey played an overall better game, or at least they were more fun to watch. Now it's going to be a boring Germany vs. Russia, or even worse and more boring Germany vs. Spain.
BOOOOOOOOO!

Who cares???

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #124
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
HELL YEAH !!!

FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN Players rule...

Bragging time

Bauern !!!

Well done team !
Old 06-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #125
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

And it's Ze Germans!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:15 PM   #126
yao1860

yao1860 will become famous soon enough

i guess if Germany play the final game,Dirk will see the match,he is a football fan,

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
yao1860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:22 AM   #127
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Don´t believe the hype. Do you go by what others write or say in the media or do you actually watch the games? In the KO round both German matches have been pretty exciting. Germany is no longer the team they were in the 80´s and 90´s. Now they score more goals but they also get scored on more. Makes for fun games.

And Russias last two games (vs Sweden and Netherlands) were the best two games of the tournament simply because russia played the best soccer of the tournament. Anyone who actually knows something about soccer should have been able to spot this.

So how would a Germany vs. Russia matchup promise to be boring? (The only argument for a boring final is that finals are boring most of the time because so much is on the line and teams are very carefull. But that argument would be the same no matter who plays the final).
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #128
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel
Don´t believe the hype. Do you go by what others write or say in the media or do you actually watch the games? In the KO round both German matches have been pretty exciting. Germany is no longer the team they were in the 80´s and 90´s. Now they score more goals but they also get scored on more. Makes for fun games.

And Russias last two games (vs Sweden and Netherlands) were the best two games of the tournament simply because russia played the best soccer of the tournament. Anyone who actually knows something about soccer should have been able to spot this.

So how would a Germany vs. Russia matchup promise to be boring? (The only argument for a boring final is that finals are boring most of the time because so much is on the line and teams are very carefull. But that argument would be the same no matter who plays the final).
No offense, but Germany is boring to watch. Even the Portugal v. Germany match was relatively boring. Spain is a hell of a lot worse, but still. My interest dropped from 100% to -30% now that Turkey is out. Big countries don't always mean the best matches.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #129
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No offense, but Germany is boring to watch. Even the Portugal v. Germany match was relatively boring. Spain is a hell of a lot worse, but still. My interest dropped from 100% to -30% now that Turkey is out. Big countries don't always mean the best matches.
Somehow true. Germany chose a lineup with one striker. I expected them to act carefully but is didn´t expect that crappy %ages in passing and shots on the goal.

Anyway
Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #130
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No offense taken. But IMO this is just based on expactations and image. Why is Turkey more "exciting" to watch? Because they scored late twice? That was mostly luck.

To me great soccer is exciting. And unlike most that doesn´t mean Ronaldo or Ronaldinho to me. The perfect system soccer the Russians play is much more exciting to watch. Germany is another team that´s very strong on the tactical side and team game. That´s why they are successfull. What you mean by "boring" is in fact great soccer being executed. Germany vs. Portugal was one of the best matches of the tourney with both teams denying each others strenghts to a certain degree. That´s what soccer is about. If you think this is boring you are probably missing out on alot of subtle things that make soccer interesting.

Last edited by Fidel; 06-26-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #131
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm torn here, I'd like Germany to win because I fraternize with my German friends here on the board, but Russia is a lot of fun to watch! Did I mention they're fast?!?! The Netherlands were more fun to watch IMO before, but the Russians beat them and made it look good. I haven't watched most games of the tournament, but I know good soccer when I see it, and what Russia has been playing is VERY good soccer.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #132
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Looking at the current satloop, i doubt this game will end regularly

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-26-2008 at 12:14 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #133
bernardos70
Diamond Member

you mean it'll go to OT?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:39 PM   #134
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
you mean it'll go to OT?
Possible. I´m not sure if Espana feels like playing soccer today.

They never saw anything metal except our spurs ;-)

No, i thought about intermission because of severe thunderstorms. Current conditions in Zagreb are similar to Kansas City during springtime.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-26-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #135
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Go Spain~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #136
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i think russia is playing with the first game in their minds.. when spain won 4-1

they are not advancing the ball whatsoever... reminds me of dallas vs. golden state

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #137
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

hey, spain 1-0 now!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #138
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

game over 2-0

Contact Me
Old 06-26-2008, 03:26 PM   #139
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Wow, a, then I'll pick germany for the finals! 3-0 now.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-28-2008 at 09:53 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #140
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

True. Paul Breitner´s favorite wins. The Spaniards have some stabilizing factors in their roster. German D has lots of homework to do.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-28-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #141
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Well I was almost rite ...but now I am only half rite. Soo

GOOO SPAIN

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:43 PM   #142
Caseman
Golden Member

Boring.

What did I tell ya? The finals is gonna be a snooze fest with forwards coming back to help on defense and midfielders never joining the attack. It's probably going to be 1-0 or possibly 2-0 with a late-game clincher. Yawn... go Germany I guess.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:51 AM   #143
Fidel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Boring.

What did I tell ya? The finals is gonna be a snooze fest with forwards coming back to help on defense and midfielders never joining the attack. It's probably going to be 1-0 or possibly 2-0 with a late-game clincher. Yawn... go Germany I guess.
Just a couple quick facts. Spain has the most attacks per game of all teams. Spain is first and Germany second in goals scored. They are 2nd and 3rd in goals per game. 7 of Germany´s 10 goals were scored by midfielders. Germany commited the fewest fouls per game of all teams.

Don´t believe the hype.

Edit: What you said about the midfielders is proven wrong by the numbers alone. Your remark about the forwards: A team where the the forwards don´t help on defense doesn´t even make it to the euros these days, much less has a chance to win the tourney.

That said Finals tend to be on the boring side cause teams usually play carefull with so much on the line. Doesn´t matter which teams are involved.

Last edited by Fidel; 06-27-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #144
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Go Spain

Go Turkey 3rd place : )

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:21 AM   #145
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

There are no 3rd place games on the Euro. ;]

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #146
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Torsten Frings will kick the crap out of the Paellas
Old 06-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #147
alby
Guru

Ballack doubtful for the champ game.

Contact Me
Old 06-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #148
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

and Villa is out. Should be even

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #149
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Crazy stuff. 600.000 german supporters are watching live outside on a huge screen in a city called Berlin or so.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #150
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

MB is in !!!

so no more tears please !

all I need is this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbdJ2ScdUnI

just do the freakin' sh!t again!!!

I DO BELIEVE !

GOOOO GERMANY! get the cup home.
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #151
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Go Klose!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #152
alby
Guru

Should be 2-0

If Germany comes back to win this game, there will be a lot of Spaniards jumping tonight

Contact Me
Old 06-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #153
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Klose just got kicked in the kids.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 06-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #154
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Klose just got kicked in the kids.
Not enough as wake up call. Deserved it. Such a looser.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #155
alby
Guru

Dirk got second
Ballack got second

sigh.

Contact Me
Old 06-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #156
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

spain outplayed the germans all game, and outplayed everyone in the tournament. well deserved, bravo spain

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #157
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

FELICIDADES ESPAÑA
CAMPEONA DE EUROPA
¡ Enhorabuena !

very strong and absolutely deserved!

nevertheless I feel sooo sorry for Michael Ballack
and of course for the German team.
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #158
Caseman
Golden Member

Obviously this proofs that Pau Gasol is better than Dirk.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:30 PM   #159
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Some BS, I tell ya. I gotta say though, that goal was pretty...... Germany really should have won it, I think.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:13 AM   #160
ty
Diamond Member

The ref was retarded for both sides. Let the men play futbol...sheesh.