Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you expect the 2011 Western Conference Finals to go?
Mavs in 4 9 6.29%
Mavs in 5 52 36.36%
Mavs in 6 61 42.66%
Mavs in 7 9 6.29%
Thunder in 7 2 1.40%
Thunder in 6 7 4.90%
Thunder in 5 1 0.70%
Thunder in 4 2 1.40%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #121
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Westbrook might be the second best Rose in the league.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #122
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Remember the last time Tyson Chandler went against a player similar to Perkins in the playoffs? *cough* Dampier *cough* Chandler completely dominated him, and Perkins is arguably less athletic than Damp on a bum knee. I like this match-up a lot.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #123
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm surprised at all the hand-wringing about Westbrook. I don't think he's that elite at all. He made second-team All NBA, but he's absolutely not the second-best PG in the league. He made the team because CP3 was injured for much of the year, and D-Will was the victim of two horrible teams and one franchise meltdown in Utah.
Actually D Will's shooting numbers was poor because of his wrist injury
Old 05-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #124
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Remember the last time Tyson Chandler went against a player similar to Perkins in the playoffs? *cough* Dampier *cough* Chandler completely dominated him, and Perkins is arguably less athletic than Damp on a bum knee. I like this match-up a lot.
Chandler has a career FG Pct of 63.8 against OKC while Perkins has a career FG Pct of 56.4 against Dallas.

Looks to me as if Dallas has had a much easier time containing Perkins then OKC has had containing Chandler.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #125
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Chandler has a career FG Pct of 63.8 against OKC while Perkins has a career FG Pct of 56.4 against Dallas.

Looks to me as if Dallas has had a much easier time containing Perkins then OKC has had containing Chandler.
And all those Perkins games came with the Big 3 in BeanTown where he was left wide open under the hoop for dunks.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #126
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
And all those Perkins games came with the Big 3 in BeanTown where he was left wide open under the hoop for dunks.
Glad you mentioned that for some reason while typing that up I forgot Perkins was not traded to OKC until after we last played them.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #127
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Actually D Will's shooting numbers was poor because of his wrist injury
That may be true as well, but it doesn't change what I said. Dude was screwed by circumstance.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #128
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Glad you mentioned that for some reason while typing that up I forgot Perkins was not traded to OKC until after we last played them.
My guess without too much practice, he's probably fumbled a couple of dump offs for dunks, and put up a few rushed shots in his time with OK City.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #129
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
My guess without too much practice, he's probably fumbled a couple of dump offs for dunks, and put up a few rushed shots in his time with OK City.
Agreed, it does take time to gel with a new team.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #130
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

And Adrian "The Hater" Wojnarowski once again picked the Mavs to lose. In 5! Either he's pulling a Mary or he's a first class hater. I tend to believe he's the latter. Let's make him look like a fool again.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #131
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
And Adrian "The Hater" Wojnarowski once again picked the Mavs to lose. In 5! Either he's pulling a Mary or he's a first class hater. I tend to believe he's the latter. Let's make him look like a fool again.
So that guy has now picked Blazers in 4, Lakers in 5, and Thunder in 5, which means through three rounds, he's picked the Mavs to win two games in total.

"Hater" is probably apt.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #132
Raphiel

Raphiel is a jewel in the roughRaphiel is a jewel in the roughRaphiel is a jewel in the rough

I Pick MAv's in 6. if going to 7 its's hard for us.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #133
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
So that guy has now picked Blazers in 4, Lakers in 5, and Thunder in 5, which means through three rounds, he's picked the Mavs to win two games in total.

"Hater" is probably apt.
Wojnarowski picking against us makes me like our chances even more.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #134
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
I'm surprised the Harlequin romance novel writer had time to make a Mavs prediction. Seems to me that he spends 24/7 writing "LeBron is a big loser" columns while sitting in the dark masturbating and wearing his "We Are All Witnesses" t-shirt.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #135
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

OU sucks.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #136
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
OU sucks.
Instead of Hook em Horns it should be Stomp em Mavs!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:33 PM   #137
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Still wondering why seemingly all sports websites are so into letting their "analysts" and "experts" pick the winners of every playoff series considering that it makes 90% of them look much less like either analysts or experts.

One would think they'd at least want to keep the facade shiny.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #138
ajk822

ajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really nice

Two related things
1: While from the numbers it appears that the Mavericks bench is only marginally better than OKC's, I think one key factor is WHEN that production comes. RC likes to play the bench well into the 4th quarter, which at first absolutely scared the crap out of me, but I now realize it's why we own crunch time. When the starters come back with 7 minutes left they all can exert maximum energy on every play, which helps immensely on defense and leads to easier baskets on the other end. It also allows Chandler to crash the boards a bit harder and leads to (at least by what I've seen) a few extra tip outs for extra possessions.

2: Comparing JJ to Maynor is interesting, but I think the debate on who runs the offense better depends on what that means exactly. From what I've seen, our offense when JJ is on the floor is essentially "run pick and roll, then either finish at the rim or create and kick" which he does perfectly. He's a difference maker, which I haven't seen out of Maynor. So who you would take all depends on what you want from your backup point guard. Personally, I'm taking JJ.
ajk822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #139
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

JJB is incredible on the pick and roll the only thing I fear from him on offense is when he decides to take a shot from behind the arc. For his career he is 35.5% from behind the 3PT line.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #140
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
According to what metric?
Westbrook is better than Kidd at everything except passing.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #141
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Had to turn off NBA tonight I can't take any more of the Mavericks bashing. OKC has to many weapons for us to combat? In what reality?
Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 AM   #142
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Westbrook is better than Kidd at everything except passing.
What? You need better glasses.
Kidd is better passer, blocker, stealer, has less turnovers, fouls and has better 3P%.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:01 AM   #143
OSU_MAV

OSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Had to turn off NBA tonight I can't take any more of the Mavericks bashing. OKC has to many weapons for us to combat? In what reality?
This is the type of stuff I've been hearing on a daily basis since the playoffs started. It's unbearable.

I'm taking Mavs in 5. Explanation simply being the Mavericks are a better basketball team.
OSU_MAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:58 AM   #144
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
What? You need better glasses.
Kidd is better passer, blocker, stealer, has less turnovers, fouls and has better 3P%.
1. Westbrook had more blocks and steals than Kidd did during the regular season.
2. Yes, Kidd has less turnovers. But that, IMO, is included in passing.
3. Are you trying to imply that Kidd is a better defender than Westbrook because he commits less fouls?
4. Kidd shoots 34% and Westbrook shoots 33%. That difference is really huge - just completely blew me away...
Old 05-17-2011, 05:06 AM   #145
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That difference is really huge - just completely blew me away...
end of discussion
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #146
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This matchup has me wondering too. Two completely different players. I don't think Perkins has a chance in hell at scoring the ball. All Chandler has to do is put his arms straight up. Perkins can barely leave the floor. Perkins is obviously a lot bigger and stronger than Chandler, but I'm curious to see if Chandler's huge advantage in athleticism will trump that.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #147
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

go mavsssssssss

kidd is a real PG,RW is a stupid player but an incredible athlete.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #148
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
1. Westbrook had more blocks and steals than Kidd did during the regular season.
2. Yes, Kidd has less turnovers. But that, IMO, is included in passing.
3. Are you trying to imply that Kidd is a better defender than Westbrook because he commits less fouls?
4. Kidd shoots 34% and Westbrook shoots 33%. That difference is really huge - just completely blew me away...
Again what? It's PO, forget about RS.
1.Westbrook 1.3 SPG 0.4 BPG, Kidd 1.6 SPG 0.5 BPG
2.Yeah then I will say Kidd is much better passer, because this is big difference: Westbrook 4.5 TO, Kidd 2.5 TO.
3.Kidd is better defender in clutch.
4. Westbrook 32%, Kidd 36%.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #149
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Again what? It's PO, forget about RS.
1.Westbrook 1.3 SPG 0.4 BPG, Kidd 1.6 SPG 0.5 BPG
2.Yeah then I will say Kidd is much better passer, because this is big difference: Westbrook 4.5 TO, Kidd 2.5 TO.
3.Kidd is better defender in clutch.
4. Westbrook 32%, Kidd 36%.
Playoffs are too small sample size to be considered significant. Kidd has played 10 games while Westbrook has played just 12.

However, if you insist on this playoffs thing, can I include last year? Then Westbrook is 34% and Kidd is also 34% in shooting 3s. Again, no difference there.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #150
deamon
Golden Member

Quote:
Playoffs are too small sample size to be considered significant. Kidd has played 10 games while Westbrook has played just 12.

However, if you insist on this playoffs thing, can I include last year? Then Westbrook is 34% and Kidd is also 34% in shooting 3s. Again, no difference there.
WHAT?
In 09-10 Kidd was 42.5 % in 3P%. Westbrook 22.1%.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #151
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
WHAT?
In 09-10 Kidd was 42.5 % in 3P%. Westbrook 22.1%.
Read my post again. I am talking about the playoffs. Do I really need to break this down for you?

Westbrook
09-10 5-12
10-11 12-38
Total 17-50 (.340)

Kidd
09-10 9-28
10-11 22-62
Total 31-90 (.344)
Old 05-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #152
deamon
Golden Member

Ok we will see in this series. Go Kidd!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #153
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
And Maynor is clearly the better backup PG as well.
Clearly...

Maynor - 0 points (0-1), 2 assists, 2 rebounds in 10 minutes.
Barea- 21 points (8-12), 1 assist, 3 rebounds in 16 minutes.

(no worries, I still love your graphs!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #154
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

To the victors go the bragging spoils:

#41, 41mvp, alexamenos, Alykhan04, beatLA, bobbyfg7, Cabbage, captred, CATCH-17, chumdawg, Darke, Day1MavsFan, dayman, df_helgor, digit, Dim499, Dirkgreatness, Eman, Five-ofan, Funkman, ghazi, JeffViggiano, joemoeschmoe, jojo, kenny_817, kg_veteran, Kirobaito, Lestat_1795, Lor20, mavs777, mavsfanforever, mpb319, nashtymavsfan13, nowhereman, OSU_MAV, PAF, peppersquad, rabbitproof, rmacomic, roadrunner, robz, Romus, sbibi, Scott McGuire, Shiraste, stoble, tdn, thurst0509, twelli, valek500, vinylstar, Zki41

What the hell? Romus is still visiting but not posting?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #155
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Blazers in 4 - check
Lakers in 4- check
Thunder in 4 - check

Im doing the Adrian Warjonski and its working.

Heat in 4

Last edited by sefant77; 05-26-2011 at 12:15 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote