Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #121
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
Having a backcourt that's both aging and relatively unathletic (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way), I realize its a bit different for Mavs fans to see so many foul calls. LIke I said, Mavs backcourt players simply are not aggressive. They drive and shoot floaters or pass out to open perimeter shooters. There's a reason the Mavs are near the bottom in the NBA in FT attempts - because they aren't aggressive. OKC gets FOULED. That's a fact. Is every call spot on accurate? No, but OKC isn't getting to the line because of some big conspiracy or scheme or love from the refs. Anyone who claims such is completely ignorant and should be ashamed to claim to know much about basketball.
points in the paint :

mavs 38
thunders 28

no way man,it's all about bad calls.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #122
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry guys, I don't get the whining. I believe the game should be called the same on both ends of the floor, but Dallas doesn't even play remotely the same offensive game that OKC does. How can you even make the comparison? You can't say well OKC is getting these calls and Dallas is not. Dallas doesn't even put themselves in the position to get the calls in the first place. If Dallas had the athletes to be able to attack the rim OKC does, they'd damn sure get the same calls. So what are we pissed at here? That OKC gets all the foul calls and Dallas doesn't, or that OKC has players on the floor that are capable of playing in a manner that draws fouls from the defense and Dallas does not? Why does Dallas attempt nearly the fewest FT attempts of any team in the NBA? Hatred from refs at every game?
Look D hole. It's clear to every human with eyes that Mahinmi did NOT foul Ibaka on the play where he "fouled out". You know this, you saw it. It sucks but it happens. That was the straw that broke the camels back in this particular game, the timing of a blown call couldn't have been much worse. It was hard to recover from that one.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #123
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Did not notice anymore grabbing of Dirk than I noticed grabbing of KD. I'm just being honest. No, Mahinmi did not fould Ibaka. Seriously, if I thought the refs were atrocious I'd admit it. I saw a couple of blantant fouls committed by Dallas players that were no calls - one a loose ball foul on Terry I believe it was..but that's life. Joshi - good stats. Now I could be wrong, but just having seen Dallas I would assume there's some pretty good differences in the manner of those shots taken. Lots of floaters taken by Dallas. They shoot a lot of them. OKC does not. Dallas is the best passing team in the NBA. I bet a lot of those "at the rims" are dunks off of very good finds from Dallas guards. RW doesn't pass the damn ball. We don't get a lot of easy flushes by our big mean. Its usually RW, KD, Harden driving it themselves and getting fouled. They don't shoot floaters and they dont pass it much once they get going in the paint.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #124
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Look D hole. It's clear to every human with eyes that Mahinmi did NOT foul Ibaka on the play where he "fouled out". You know this, you saw it. It sucks but it happens. That was the straw that broke the camels back in this particular game, the timing of a blown call couldn't have been much worse. It was hard to recover from that one.
I'm absolutely unphased by being called a "D hole" or any other name you can conjure up. No, it was not a foul.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #125
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry guys, I don't get the whining. I believe the game should be called the same on both ends of the floor, but Dallas doesn't even play remotely the same offensive game that OKC does. How can you even make the comparison? You can't say well OKC is getting these calls and Dallas is not. Dallas doesn't even put themselves in the position to get the calls in the first place. If Dallas had the athletes to be able to attack the rim OKC does, they'd damn sure get the same calls. So what are we pissed at here? That OKC gets all the foul calls and Dallas doesn't, or that OKC has players on the floor that are capable of playing in a manner that draws fouls from the defense and Dallas does not? Why does Dallas attempt nearly the fewest FT attempts of any team in the NBA? Hatred from refs at every game?
Watch the fucking game you stupid tool. It's not about who's "capable" of what (and by the way, besides Westbrook's wild forays into the paint, no one on your team is really "capable" of drawing fouls without massive flopping).

How about the fact that Ian is called for a game-changing shooting foul on a CLEAN block?

How about the fact that on the very next play after that BLOWN call, Dirk is hit on the arm with no call?

How about the fact that Terry is called for a foul guarding Harden on the post-up (which resulted in FTs) for doing 50% less than what Collison and Ibaka were doing to Dirk EVERY time down the floor, yet weren't called for it once?

How about the fact that there were FOUR goaltend calls/non-calls tonight, and ALL four of them went OKC's way, despite the fact that three of them were undeniably the incorrect call?

How about those facts?

Last edited by CadBane; 03-06-2012 at 03:21 PM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #126
thunderfan

Really? You're going to sit there and claim 4 non calls on a goaltend against OKC? I don't even know what to say to that. That's inaccurate to say the least. You mentioned a "how about" on a handful of plays in a 48 minute NBA game. Big deal. There's "what ifs" and bad calls in every game since the beginning of time.

How about a 3-1 victory in the season series? Good luck in the playoffs. Hope the refs come around for you guys.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #127
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really? You're going to sit there and claim 4 non calls on a goaltend against OKC? I don't even know what to say to that. That's inaccurate to say the least. You mentioned a "how about" on a handful of plays in a 48 minute NBA game. Big deal. There's "what ifs" and bad calls in every game since the beginning of time.

How about a 3-1 victory in the season series? Good luck in the playoffs. Hope the refs come around for you guys.

Uh...no, it's not inaccurate, it's just a fact.

The Mavs had two shots which were BLATANTLY goaltended and weren't called. The first was by Marion, it already hit the glass before it was swatted. The 2nd was by Terry, and the ball was on the way down.

On the other-end, the Mavs were called for two goal-tends. One was an absolute laugher of a continuation call for Harden (who wasn't even really fouled). Even your dumbass announcers admitted that this was a horrible call. The second was on what should have been an offensive foul (your dumbass announcers actually thought it was!)

That's four calls. Three of them dead wrong (not counting the offensive foul, bc it might have been a goaltend...even though the call choice was wrong).
Old 03-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #128
thunderfan

Why don't we just all go rewatch the game in 5X slow motion and document every little damn thing every player did? I'm not claiming the game was called perfectly or that any game is, but there's a very legitimate reason why OKC goes to the foul line more and it has nothing to do with love from the refs or any other type of ridiculous conspiracy people want to come up with. I'm a person that will flat out say when I disagree with a call, even if it goes against OKC. I said to my buddy during the end of that game "that wasn't a foul" when it was called against Mahinmi. I really don't see that the game was called that poorly, but to each his own opinion.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #129
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Why don't we just all go rewatch the game in 5X slow motion and document every little damn thing every player did? I'm not claiming the game was called perfectly or that any game is, but there's a very legitimate reason why OKC goes to the foul line more and it has nothing to do with love from the refs or any other type of ridiculous conspiracy people want to come up with. I'm a person that will flat out say when I disagree with a call, even if it goes against OKC. I said to my buddy during the end of that game "that wasn't a foul" when it was called against Mahinmi. I really don't see that the game was called that poorly, but to each his own opinion.
Because you're a blind homer. If you honestly think OKC earned 24 more fts last night, and they didn't get 4 goal-tend calls in their favor, then you're watching with rose-tinted glasses.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #130
thunderfan

Dude, I rewound the offensive foul/goaltend thing about 5 times because it was so hilarious that Brian Davis called it that way. GO watch it again. Williams goaltends and Davis was like...oh, he had his feet set, we're going the other way, that's a charge. We were like..WTF is this guy thinking? Williams was the only guy around Harden. Clearly, you can't have your feet set and goaltend at the same time. lol
Old 03-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #131
thunderfan

Well, either way, waht's done is done. Enjoy the season. No point in arguing with people who feel so victimized.

Last edited by thunderfan; 03-06-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #132
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Thunder fans getting a little overly defensive about how the game was called? Must have hit a nerve there. No team gets babied forever, so OKC better hope it can start winning without a ridiculous advantage.

Funniest part of last night was the the POS Thunder announcers were getting irate about the lack of calls OKC was getting.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #133
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

They come on pretending to be honest observers but they cannot help themselves, they transform into trolls.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #134
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I do like the way cadbane is laying it on the troll, needs to be much more of this from the board
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #135
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Dude, I rewound the offensive foul/goaltend thing about 5 times because it was so hilarious that Brian Davis called it that way. GO watch it again. Williams goaltends and Davis was like...oh, he had his feet set, we're going the other way, that's a charge. We were like..WTF is this guy thinking? Williams was the only guy around Harden. Clearly, you can't have your feet set and goaltend at the same time. lol
Uhh...that was the ONE goaltend I was conceding you. What about the other THREE?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #136
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Durant fluke buzzer-beater from another arena, a win with 8 on 5, yeah great job...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #137
thunderfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Durant fluke buzzer-beater from another arena, a win with 8 on 5, yeah great job...
Old 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #138
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is what it's like to be on the other side. You will find out. See, we used to do the same thing to the Spurs. Go in and beat them in the regular season a few times, win the regular season series...slowly start to hold up our end of the "rivalry" only to get beat in the playoffs.

Now, When you win a championship like we have, when you put us out of the playoffs like we have put OKC out, then you might have something worth reading. Until then GL with your regular season glory holmes!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #139
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
They come on pretending to be honest observers but they cannot help themselves, they transform into trolls.
Yep. Trolls come in all shapes and sizes. This guy showed his true colors pretty quickly though.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #140
CadBane
Banned

(Explain, slowly) "I came off and I drew two defenders and looked to pass it back to Dirk, wasn't there. Thought I had a lane, but it closed up pretty quickly. Thought I had a good look at it. Couldn't ask for anything better than that. I've been begging for the ball at the end of the game. They finally gave it to me and I didn't take advantage of my opportunity. But I'll do it if they give me another one, I can guarantee you that.''

Oh Jet...
Old 03-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #141
CadBane
Banned

(On Nowitzki's raising of Arms after made Threes - pure Showboating and disgusting, right Coach?) "I don't particularly care for it, but that's part of the game. In order to stop the celebration, you've got to just stop ’em. There’s no celebration after a missed shot."

-----------------

Really? I mean...really? What idiot asked Scott Brooks that? Coming from the Thunder? Uh...you sure you want to go that way?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #142
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #143
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
(Explain, slowly) "I came off and I drew two defenders and looked to pass it back to Dirk, wasn't there. Thought I had a lane, but it closed up pretty quickly. Thought I had a good look at it. Couldn't ask for anything better than that. I've been begging for the ball at the end of the game. They finally gave it to me and I didn't take advantage of my opportunity. But I'll do it if they give me another one, I can guarantee you that.''

Oh Jet...
RC in the huddle just before this:
"Ok, We're gonna run the PnR with JET and Dirk on the right side and JET let's just pass the ball to Dirk OK?! Go get it done!" "Remember we want Dirk to have the last shot, if he comes back to you, then shoot it but lets get Dirk that touch."

Old 03-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #144
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it has nothing to do with love from the refs
That's what the media coverage and the NBA throwing out fines to keep everybody's mouth shut does to the common fan. People start to assume referees have no impact whatsoever and everybody who criticizes is just searching for an excuse...

It's legitimate to evaluate and comment on officiating, in other countries and sports it's a regular part of the coverage.

Last edited by j0Shi; 03-06-2012 at 05:16 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #145
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The Lakers won the regular season series last year against the Mavs ...
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #146
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post
The Lakers won the regular season series last year against the Mavs ...
True

Additionally, wasn't the officiating horrible as well the last game? That buzzer beater game? The refs keeping OKC in the game? I might be wrong there, but somehow I recall it (at least some crazy comments on realgm where only OKC fans called the reffing even and the entire rest of the people over there called it biased in favor of OKC). The first two games during the season against OKC I recall as solid officiating though.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 03-06-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #147
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
That's what the media coverage and the NBA throwing out fines to keep everybody's mouth shut does to the common fan. People start to assume referees have no impact whatsoever and everybody who criticizes is just searching for an excuse...

It's legitimate to evaluate and comment on officiating, in other countries and sports it's a regular part of the coverage.
The nbas lack of transparency can only cause someone to conclude that it is fixed or they are so incompetent (my take ) that they are afraid to evaluate their miscues because it would be so embarrassing.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #148
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Congrats on the season series, it almost makes up for that 4-1 ass kicking you got in the playoffs last year. Have you hung up your 3-1 series banner yet or will you wait until next year?
Old 03-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #149
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I try not to harp on officiating too much, since at the end of the day I think it's up to players to try and overcome whatever biases there are, but I'll remind everybody of the following:

Game 6, 2011 NBA Finals

Dallas: 12-18 on FTs (including intentional fouls)
Miami: 20-33 on FTs

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #150
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

^absolutely.

Blaming refs is inherently a losing position.

Mavs need to control the things they can. Terrible ball movement and weak defensive rebounding are the real culprits in this loss.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #151
Firnen

Firnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really nice

maybe Dirk should start to sell him being fouled a bit more. Can't remember Mahinmi shooting FT prior to his loud screaming every time he gets fouled. I hate this flopping/acting but if you watch how these guys in OKC or Miami cheat themselves to the charity stripe to get their calls it might be the only way to to let justice prevail.
Firnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #152
thunderfan

Hey I tipped my hat to Dallas for winning the title and I recognize them as champions until they are dethroned. Sorry for poking the 3-1 series win comment out there. Lighten up, damn. Have a little fun without getting all pissy and resorting to calling people D holes. I have my opinions. I'm not trolling. I hate whiners and excuses - with a passion. Nothing personal.