Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-15-2015, 12:34 AM   #121
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Could it be that you are being a tad partisan?
On a DALLAS MAVERICKS forum?? I'm absolutely shocked.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2015, 12:43 AM   #122
melvind
Banned

melvind can only hope to improve

Still in it.........Game 7 Sunday
melvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:07 AM   #123
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I gotta say I would love to see the Clippers go down. That team is full of players that are punks.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:20 AM   #124
xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
bump
Bump.

Win or lose game 7 I think we have found out the kind of team they are in the second round.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:22 AM   #125
xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
Because losing a series 2-4 is way better than losing it 1-4.
Well at the least its gonna be 3-4. And even with a sweep we'd at least have 4 more games of watching our team play than our first round opponent.

Don't you think losing 1-4 in the first round is better than not having made the playoffs at all?

Last edited by xtruroyaltyx; 05-15-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #126
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Time to eat crow. Crazy game. They fought back and took advantage. Although most rational fans can put to rest Harden's "MVP" season.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:31 AM   #127
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:38 AM   #128
melvind
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

YUP! And what a great role they played last night! Game 7!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #129
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Well at the least its gonna be 3-4. And even with a sweep we'd at least have 4 more games of watching our team play than our first round opponent.

Don't you think losing 1-4 in the first round is better than not having made the playoffs at all?
You're absolutely right, at least in my opinion. Give me the extra playoff games, even if there's no title at the end.

That being said, why in the world are you here?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #130
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You're absolutely right, at least in my opinion. Give me the extra playoff games, even if there's no title at the end.

A peaceful and well-meaning troll is still a troll. These people won't ever post here again once Houston is eliminated.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #131
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I was wondering the same thing... Shouldn't they be trolling Clippers boards? Continuing to post on a forum of a team that you've already defeated in the playoffs totally reeks of insecurity. C'mon, Houston fans of the internet generation -- act like you've been there!

Last edited by Underdog; 05-15-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #132
melvind
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I was wondering the same thing... Shouldn't they be trolling Clippers boards? Continuing to post on a forum of a team that you've already defeated in the playoffs totally reeks of insecurity. C'mon, Houston fans of the internet generation -- act like you've been there!
How does it reek of insecurity? This thread was dead for what 17 days and for some reason it was brought back to life(bumped) just to dump on the Houston Rockets after their initial shortcomings in the Clipper series. Its easy to dump when someone else is doing the job for you. In my opinion that reeks of insecurity and being a sore loser. Pretty sure if the talk about Houston stops then this thread will die?

And you were right everyone did get to see what type of team Houston is win or lose Sunday. They didn't just get destroyed by a "real" team, they aren't an average playoff foe. You were right about it being more a challenge in the second round than the 1st round as it should have been since the team was much better. Yup we are struggling but so are the Clippers....

Last edited by melvind; 05-15-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #133
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvind View Post
How does it reek of insecurity?

Old 05-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #134
melvind
Banned

Old 05-16-2015, 08:06 AM   #135
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Still in it.........Game 7 Sunday
Quote:
Bump.

Win or lose game 7 I think we have found out the kind of team they are in the second round.
Quote:

Old 05-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #136
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Rockets are a really good, damn near great team. I'm so happy to see my man Jet still contributing at his advanced age, love that guy. I hope they take the Clippers out tomorrow.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:25 PM   #137
xtruroyaltyx

Quote:

Why are you here?
Old 05-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #138
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Still won't win the finals. But keep trying houston trolls
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:38 PM   #139
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

@mcuban: Congrats to the Rockets. Gotta admit I was wrong. A lot.of guys stepped up. Congrats @dmorey

FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #140
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
@mcuban: Congrats to the Rockets. Gotta admit I was wrong. A lot.of guys stepped up. Congrats @dmorey

That bothers you? It's good to stay classy versus having a gun to the horse's head tweet no?

Old 05-17-2015, 06:03 PM   #141
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That bothers you? It's good to stay classy versus having a gun to the horse's head tweet no?
No it doesn't bother me. I was just surprised that he used the w word about himself. It must have been Fonzie like while typing it.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #142
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
No it doesn't bother me. I was just surprised that he used the w word about himself. It must have been Fonzie like while typing it.
Cuban has admitted he was wrong about a lot of things...most recently saying he should have kept Chandler after 2011.

But yeah, I suppose saying it to Morey does sting a bit. They still have little shot at beating GS, but perhaps the momentum of the Clippers series will help.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:08 PM   #143
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

DLord with an interesting tidbit.

Doc Rivers is the only coach in NBA history to lose not one, but two playoff series after being up 3-1.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:16 PM   #144
LonghornDub

Quote:
Why are you here?
The Houston-LA game ended around 5pm CT, putting the Rockets into the conference finals for the first time in 18 years. Instead of celebrating with friends, family, or fellow Rockets fans, you are here posting on a Dallas Mavericks message board less than 30 minutes later.

Time for you to re-evaluate some things.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-17-2015 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:19 PM   #145
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

edit

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-17-2015 at 07:01 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #146
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to see the Clippers lose. Get ready for a long summer of "DeAndre to Mavs??" headlines
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #147
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Happy to see the Clippers lose. Get ready for a long summer of "DeAndre to Mavs??" headlines
Gonna be a brutal summer of DeAndre + LaMarcus rumors, which will almost certainly end with the Mavs getting neither.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:14 PM   #148
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gonna be a brutal summer of DeAndre + LaMarcus rumors, which will almost certainly end with the Mavs getting neither.
TBH I don't really want either of them at the price they're going to cost... but it is going to be all we hear this summer.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #149
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
TBH I don't really want either of them at the price they're going to cost... but it is going to be all we hear this summer.
Remember Spree at cost adjusted for inflation 20million is the new 15. Or something like that.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:47 PM   #150
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes, most likely. Used for negotiating leverage/ego gratification once again. Wouldn't shock me though if DeAndre wants away from L.A. And closer to home
Old 05-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #151
melvind
Banned

Quote:
Classy would have been Cuban not saying anything negative in the first place so he wouldn't have to apologize for being wrong. He is the owner he is supposed to have more respect than that.... great to see him admit he was wrong as were many others..
Old 05-18-2015, 09:57 AM   #152
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Remember Spree at cost adjusted for inflation 20million is the new 15. Or something like that.
That's if you sign them to that dollar amount and not a true max contract (which we can pretty safely assume both guys will get). If they sign real max contracts, the dollar amount increases as the cap increases.

And even if one of those guys does sign here at $20M, that means that we get LMA/DAJ and probably lose every one of Ellis, Tyson, Aminu, and Amar'e.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #153
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Classy would have been Cuban not saying anything negative in the first place so he wouldn't have to apologize for being wrong. He is the owner he is supposed to have more respect than that.... great to see him admit he was wrong as were many others..
Riiight...nice to see you gloss over what your team did...which was as classless as it gets.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:42 AM   #154
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot wait until the Warriors destroy the Rockets so all these Rockets fans can scurry back to being passive/aggressive on ClutchFans. Rockets were swept by GS during the regular season. Four double digit losses, at least two complete blowouts.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #155
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's sports, dude. He was just talking trash, to give writers something to write about. It's pretty obvious those two like each other.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #156
Samurai

Samurai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A peaceful and well-meaning troll is still a troll. These people won't ever post here again once Houston is eliminated.
In other words, no Houston fans allowed under any circumstances, or, for that matter, any non-partisan poster, even if they can provide information or add to the debate.

Last edited by Samurai; 05-18-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:24 PM   #157
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Was going to check out on the playoffs. But now I'll watch. Don't mind to see the warriors represent the west this year. Especially to see houston lose.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:25 PM   #158
Underdog

Quote:
In other words, no Houston fans allowed under any circumstances, or, for that matter, any non-partisan poster, even if they can provide information or add to the debate.
Yes, posts such as the following are "providing excellent information" and "adding to the debate":

Quote:
Yep, no trolling here!

Old 05-18-2015, 10:38 PM   #159
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Yes, my reference to Houston trolls really mean't all non-partisan posters.

Wat?

Old 05-18-2015, 11:27 PM   #160
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Quote:
Strange use of "in other words." Green! In other words, purple!