Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-31-2019, 06:21 PM   #121
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler View Post
So I heard the Mavs did something neat today.
One of my all time favorites... was wondering if this trade might bring some people back to the site.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2019, 06:23 PM   #122
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
One of my all time favorites... was wondering if this trade might bring some people back to the site.
You were the first name I looked for in this thread. Good to see you my friend!
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:24 PM   #123
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW. I'm stunned and excited about this.

Since everything else has pretty much been mentioned, who will become Rick's new hard on to take Messleys place? I get the feeling C. LEE will because I cant see Hardaway chucking his way into Rick's favor.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:26 PM   #124
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler View Post
You were the first name I looked for in this thread. Good to see you my friend!
And you... would be nice to see the Mavs and this board alive and kicking again. Plan Powder almost killed both.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:27 PM   #125
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Real question:

What do we call Doncic and Porzingis?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:30 PM   #126
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Ha, they'll end up with a maxed Demarcus.
Think big: Cousins AND Kevin Love.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:31 PM   #127
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Real question:

Mavericks.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:31 PM   #128
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
And you... would be nice to see the Mavs and this board alive and kicking again. Plan Powder almost killed both.
I went through a lot the last 8 years since I was last active here. Moved out of Dallas, 3 kids including twins, started a business. Basic Life crap.

But this Luka dude made me buy League Pass for the first time in 6 years. Now this? I’m fully torqued and needed to find a place to discuss these feelings again. Glad to see that there are still names I remember on here as well.

Hope you are doing well Murph.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 01-31-2019, 06:35 PM   #129
Murphy3
Guru

Doing well... 1 kid up on you...what type of business? I’ve got a small accounting services business in the side.. looking to make it a full time thing in a couple of years.

But yeah, I’ve been here throughout for the most part.. it’s been rough to see the Mavs screw up the remaining years of Dirk. But things are obviously headed back in the right direction. It’ll be huge for the Mavs to add a couple more nice pieces before Luka is out of his rookie contract.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:38 PM   #130
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Real Estate Appraisal. Moved to the central Texas hill country to get away from the city and stuff that was getting me down.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:38 PM   #131
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
And selfishly (for me), I think this increases the chances that Dirk comes back IF he is healthy and feels that he can help the team. You can always use another shooter off the bench.
Bingo!!!!

I had to comment as I was reading through the thread. My wife told me that the Mavs made a trade with NY and the guy's name was Por-something. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I am so pumped for the Mavs. Still gotta work through the QO options, but Erica is usually bang up on that stuff, and I liked her analysis.

Wow. Now just pray he heals up and recovers nicely, and the next several years are guaranteed to be as much fun as we've had in years.

Man, I'm so psyched about this trade. KP was on my wish list of players that I never would've guessed the Mavs would ever have a shot at.

Thank you DSJ for that nifty triple double last night and a good showing by Wes with the 3's!

Last edited by turin; 01-31-2019 at 06:39 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:39 PM   #132
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Super pumped about the trade - without a doubt I love Donnie as exec of the year!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:41 PM   #133
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
This is beyond huge... I'm extremely pumped. With KP and Luka, the Mavs are going to be extremely attractive to any free agent.
Agree! Wow. Just Wow.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:42 PM   #134
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Super pumped about the trade - without a doubt I love Donnie as exec of the year!
It's certainly a swing for a home run. It may whiff, but he's thinking big.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:45 PM   #135
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Sure, they could absolutely swing and miss but this was a no brainer. You gave up a couple of older guys that weren’t part of your future and a young guy that might not have been either.... for a top 10 under the age of 25 player.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:50 PM   #136
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Cap is severely overrated. It's potential-- potential that is rarely used unless you overpay. Striking out can also make you overpay anyway because of league minimum salary.

I like that we still have a max contract for a young guy (less than 6 years in the league) to offer. That gives me hope we can get another big fish or a few small fishes.
Great point about cap space.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:50 PM   #137
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Sure, they could absolutely swing and miss but this was a no brainer. You gave up a couple of older guys that weren’t part of your future and a young guy that might not have been either.... for a top 10 under the age of 25 player.
First rounders are the only thing of consequence that worries me

Cap is overrated
Smith is trash
Matthews and Jordan were over-the-hill and never going to be a part of a competitive team
Old 01-31-2019, 06:54 PM   #138
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First rounders are the only thing of consequence that worries me

Cap is overrated
Smith is trash
Matthews and Jordan were over-the-hill and never going to be a part of a competitive team
Yeah, waiting to hear the protections on those

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:55 PM   #139
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Real question:

As long as it's not something like the "DP Boys," I can live with it. :-O
Old 01-31-2019, 06:56 PM   #140
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
As long as it's not something like the "DP Boys," I can live with it. :-O
Towers of White Power?

probably not that either
Old 01-31-2019, 06:59 PM   #141
FiZth

FiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of light

Just coming to watch my first Mavericks home games in April from Estonia. Fan since our only NBA player Martin Müürsepp played in Mavericks and also long time Dirk fan. We planed to just come watch maybe Dirk last games but now Luka Doncic has taken over and our neighbour country star Kristaps is already playing for the Mavericks. Damn... thank you Donnie Nelson.
FiZth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:06 PM   #142
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I see very little risk with sky-high reward here...

Worst-case scenario: KP's knee is shot and we let him walk in 2020, but we're not on the hook beyond that... Sure, we had to take on a couple bad contracts, but we also got rid of a couple older players who no longer fit our plans and a disgruntled DSJ who no longer wanted to be here.

Best-case scenario: Luka/Durant/Porzingis

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:14 PM   #143
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I need to get my facts straight on this trade. I am confused towards who is no longer a Mav and who will be joining us from the Knicks.

One place I read that we waived Ray Spalding to help make the trade possible. I was really disappointed by that. I am less disappointed if we waive Salah Mejri even though I do like his shot blocking when he's feeling it.

All that really matters is... we got Porzingis AND Dončić!
Old 01-31-2019, 07:15 PM   #144
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, I see very little risk with sky-high reward here...

Worst-case scenario: KP's knee is shot and we let him walk in 2020, but we're not on the hook beyond that... Sure, we had to take on a couple bad contracts, but we also got rid of a couple older players who no longer fit our plans and a disgruntled DSJ who no longer wanted to be here.

Best-case scenario: Luka/Durant/Porzingis
I like your Best-case scenario, but I'd rather the Mavericks land one of Durant's teammates. Cousins would be a nice fit now.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:19 PM   #145
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I need to get my facts straight on this trade. I am confused towards who is no longer a Mav and who will be joining us from the Knicks.

One place I read that we waived Ray Spalding to help make the trade possible. I was really disappointed by that. I am less disappointed if we waive Salah Mejri even though I do like his shot blocking when he's feeling it.

All that really matters is... we got Porzingis AND Dončić!
Mejri is with the Mavs tonight, Spalding got waived...

In: Porzingis, Hardaway Jr, Lee, Burke
Out: Smith Jr, Matthews, Jordan, Spalding

Last edited by Underdog; 01-31-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:26 PM   #146
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Yeah, waiting to hear the protections on those
2021 unprotected

2023 1-10 protected

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1091117998084161542
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:28 PM   #147
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Mejri is with the Mavs tonight, Spalding got waived...

In: Porzingis, Hardaway Jr, Lee, Burke
Out: Smith Jr, Matthews, Jordan, Spalding
Most sources don't have Burke
Old 01-31-2019, 07:30 PM   #148
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Quote:
Most sources don't have Burke
Mavs and Knicks official press releases include Burke.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:32 PM   #149
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Real question:

Doncingis
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:34 PM   #150
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Real question:

Co-MVPs.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:37 PM   #151
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

I am curious who our starters will be until Porziņģis is healthy. Also once he is healthy I wonder how our lineup will change. I'd love to see Dončić, Porziņģis, and Nowitzki on the floor together.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:40 PM   #152
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I am curious who our starters will be until Porziņģis is healthy. Also once he is healthy I wonder how our lineup will change. I'd love to see Dončić, Porziņģis, and Nowitzki on the floor together.
Comes down to Powell or Kleber starting at the 5.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:41 PM   #153
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Doncingis
Pordoncic
Old 01-31-2019, 07:43 PM   #154
Underdog

Talking

@JonnyAuping: Knicks fans gave Dirk a standing ovation and he took their franchise player with him on his way out...

Old 01-31-2019, 07:44 PM   #155
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Comes down to Powell or Kleber starting at the 5.
Is there no rule against having that many white guys in a starting lineup? Dončić, Porziņģis, and Kleber. Better not see Broekhoff on the floor with them. Only joking. Actually, look at the Pistons right now!
Old 01-31-2019, 07:51 PM   #156
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Real question:

Euro Duo
or
Euro Dynamic Duo

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-31-2019 at 07:53 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:54 PM   #157
Underdog

Quote:
Real question:

Hopefully we'll be calling them a championship dynasty.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:54 PM   #158
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

What's the 2nd best bit of news in regards to this trade?

1. Wesley Matthews is gone
2. We made DSJ happy
3. Dirk's sacrifices are finally being rewarded
4. Mavs cashed in on another DUST chip (DeAndre Ultimate Sign & Trade)
5. We don't have to worry about being too attached to 3 (near) future rookies that we draft since they won't start their careers with us
6. Inevitable Dončić contract extension
7. Salah won't be the tallest Mav
8. Dončić and Porziņģis will attract another superstar!
Old 01-31-2019, 08:10 PM   #159
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
@JonnyAuping: Knicks fans gave Dirk a standing ovation and he took their franchise player with him on his way out...
LOL!
Old 01-31-2019, 08:15 PM   #160
Underdog

@Shippyfunsports: Luka at 19 already the best recruiter in Mavs history https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/sta...85632312590336