Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #1561
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

This was a down year for House. Up until about the 3/4's point last year, it was probably the best and my favorite show on network TV.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 AM   #1562
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i actually think LOST is extremely well-acted. In fact, that was one of the reasons i still thought LOST was better than HEROES, even though LOST was having a down season when heroes burst onto the scene.

I don't think LOST has any weak points, acting-wise. Sure, Fox/Jack can be a beating sometimes, but i think that's just because shows center on him too much. It's not his acting that's bad, it's the whininess of the character.

but as far as strong actors, i think emerson/ben, o'quinn/locke, holloway/sawyer, and cusick/desmond are the best on LOST. They've all had scenes that are absolutely riveting.

well, Perrineau/Michael was also a beating ("WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAALT!"). but we don't have to worry about that anymore. but again, i believe that's more of a character thing, than an acting thing.

Even the minor characters have all been pretty decent. There's never been any actor on LOST that i've cringed any time they deliver a line.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-17-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #1563
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no major issues at all with the acting on Lost.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #1564
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, my post was more of a response to ProdigyDub.

i mean, come on... House has Omar Epps! he wasn't even good enough to be the original Willie Mays Hayes!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #1565
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Even the minor characters have all been pretty decent. There's never been any actor on LOST that i've cringed any time they deliver a line.
Boone was pretty bad...and Pablo made me cringe.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #1566
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i didn't think boone was bad, honestly. and pablo and nicki never existed.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #1567
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i didn't think boone was bad, honestly. and pablo and nicki never existed.
but they got buried with all "them" diamonds!?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #1568
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

With Comic con coming up this week, the producers are giving little interviews here and there....nothing too interesting...

From E!
Quote:
Damon and Carlton also were asked about diversity issues, with an implied reference to Harold Perrineau's speculation about how race might have played a role Michael's death, and Damon said, "The show has to be an equal-opportunity murderer...We've killed a lot of white people. And I can almost guarantee we will be killing more white people this season."

Also, they keep reiterating that season 5 will be about how the Oceanic 6 get back to the island.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #1569
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

is there speculation that Locke will come back to life once they bring him back to the island?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #1570
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
is there speculation that Locke will come back to life once they bring him back to the island?
just speculation....but yeah.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:51 PM   #1571
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The word from comic con is that, like last year, they just showed another mind-F@#$ of a video involving Dr Candle/Wikmund/Haliwax/whatever his name is.

I'll post a link when the video becomes a available.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #1572
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
The word from comic con is that, like last year, they just showed another mind-F@#$ of a video involving Dr Candle/Wikmund/Haliwax/whatever his name is.

I'll post a link when the video becomes a available.
flaco, knows the word on the street from comic con. How nerdy are you?

post that link, dang it!

Old 07-27-2008, 04:52 PM   #1573
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

also waiting on link

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #1574
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

http://livelost.blogspot.com/2008/07...dr-candle.html

It's a little bit...well it's pretty crappy quality. Watch the whole thing....they present it as a video that a fictitious nerd at comic con stole...kind of weird.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #1575
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
they present it as a video that a fictitious nerd at comic con stole...kind of weird.
kind of genius?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #1576
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Major spoiler!!!

Vincent will make it to the end of the series.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #1577
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Major spoiler!!!

Vincent will make it to the end of the series.
Did we really think they would kill that beautiful dog? This aint "No Country".

Old 07-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #1578
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Vincent = smoke monster.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #1579
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Vincent = The Island.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #1580
sike
The Preacha

Vincent = Locke's real father.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #1581
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Vincent = Locke's real father.
Locke's mom = kinda kinky
Old 07-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #1582
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Locke's mom = kinda kinky
kinda kinky = come get a taste

Old 07-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #1583
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

We could make this into another game...

(p.s. Go LOST!)
Old 07-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #1584
sike
The Preacha

We could make this into another game = future Parker Bros?

Old 07-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #1585
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Vincent = Boone's papa?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #1586
sike
The Preacha

Boone's papa = Tim Allen

Old 07-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #1587
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I'm currently making my way through Season 2. I just got done with Fire + Water... man, that's a horrendous episode.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #1588
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
I'm currently making my way through Season 2. I just got done with Fire + Water... man, that's a horrendous episode.
Yes...that is probably the worst episode of LOST ever, imo.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #1589
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes...that is probably the worst episode of LOST ever, imo.
I remember thinking how bad it was at the time. It was only the 2nd or 3rd episode I saw new at the time. I think "The 23rd Psalm" was the first one, though I mighta snuck a peek at "What Kate Did" while I furiously finished downloading season 2.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:43 PM   #1590
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I am going to tell you the title of the first episode of season 5.

I hope that you in no way take this as a spoiler, because seeing as how we don't even know in what tense the story will be told, what year, or if there will be flash forwards or flash backs...or if it will even have a present tense at all (my guess is nay on this)..... there is no way in hell this could possible mean anything to anyone.

The title of the first episode of season 5 is:
[highlight]
"Because you left"
[/]

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-13-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:34 AM   #1591
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
This was a down year for House. Up until about the 3/4's point last year, it was probably the best and my favorite show on network TV.
Going to have to completely disagree with you here. There were lots of strong episodes this year, and the finale was probably the best House episode ever (or, at the very least, in the top 2, along with the 2-parter from Season 2 where Foreman gets sick and almost dies).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 08-13-2008 at 01:35 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:40 AM   #1592
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i actually think LOST is extremely well-acted. In fact, that was one of the reasons i still thought LOST was better than HEROES, even though LOST was having a down season when heroes burst onto the scene.

. . . .

I think Lost has some great actors and some subpar actors. Emerson is absolutely fantastic, probably one of the best actors on TV. Matthew Fox is not bad. I think the guy who plays Sayid is fairly mediocre. He's had a few good moments, but most of his performances are fairly "blah" for me. The rest of the major characters fall somewhere in between for me.

However, I do think a lot of the minor characters are pretty bad. Boone sucked, as did Shannon. As mentioned earlier, Nikki (Nicki?) and Pablo were absolutely terrible. And Michelle Rodriguez (Anna Lucia) is one of the worst Hollywood-level actresses I think I've ever seen.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 AM   #1593
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Nikki and paulo don't count. They never existed.

I really didn't have major issues with Boone and Shannon, nor Ana-Lucia. Are they good actors? no, i wouldn't say that at all. But like i said in my original post, i never cringed anytime they delivered a line. I also think that their characters contributed to the dislike shown towards them. All 3 characters sucked, but that didn't mean they were horrible actors.

i can't believe i just somewhat defended michelle rodriguez. what is wrong with me?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #1594
LonghornDub

Quote:
Nikki and paulo don't count. They never existed.

I really didn't have major issues with Boone and Shannon, nor Ana-Lucia. Are they good actors? no, i wouldn't say that at all. But like i said in my original post, i never cringed anytime they delivered a line. I also think that their characters contributed to the dislike shown towards them. All 3 characters sucked, but that didn't mean they were horrible actors.

i can't believe i just somewhat defended michelle rodriguez. what is wrong with me?
She's really bad. I mean, it didn't help that her character sucked, as you said, but she's not a good actress, that's for damn sure.

You may not have cringed, but I certainly did a few times. It doesn't help that she's ugly as sin (by TV/movie standards, anyway).

Last edited by LonghornDub; 08-13-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #1595
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

oh you won't have an argument from me there. don't find her attractive. and i have had the misfortune of seeing her in other movies, and i will agree that she is not a good actress overall. Within the confines of LOST, however, i thought she was passable.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #1596
LonghornDub

Quote:
oh you won't have an argument from me there. don't find her attractive. and i have had the misfortune of seeing her in other movies, and i will agree that she is not a good actress overall. Within the confines of LOST, however, i thought she was passable.
Fast and the Furious? *shudder*

Old 08-13-2008, 10:45 PM   #1597
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

She's not lady like. She's always scowling, her voice is too deep, and she's kind of man-ish and aggressive...forceful.

Sorry if it's misogynistic or chauvinist, but I like my women to be more feminine on television.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:33 PM   #1598
LonghornDub

Quote:
She's not lady like. She's always scowling, her voice is too deep, and she's kind of man-ish and aggressive...forceful.

Sorry if it's misogynistic or chauvinist, but I like my women to be more feminine on television.
All true, and all exacerbated by the fact that she possesses some rather masculine physical qualities as well.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #1599
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Here is a little video...that I guess is going to be on the Season 4 DVD, and Lindelof gives some background on the hieroglyphics found on the island. Apparently they're Egyptian.

No spoilers, don't worry.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/200...oglyphics.html
Old 09-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #1600
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

the sci fi channel is playing Lost Season 1....Charlie's battling his H demons