Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-05-2008, 01:43 AM   #1561
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see Guerilla back in the green rep....

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2008, 01:44 AM   #1562
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

BaD is reporting Thursday as well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:44 AM   #1563
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Good to see Guerilla back in the green rep....
Pos rep for everyone that stayed up for this game.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:45 AM   #1564
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

My replay showed a schedule with Thursday as Game 1. Friday is the Pens-Flyers game.

Man, we're gonna need every day of rest.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:49 AM   #1565
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
BaD is reporting Thursday as well.

Thats good. Get some rest boys
Old 05-05-2008, 01:49 AM   #1566
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

I'm going to have to drink alot of starbucks for this. I have to get up at 6:45. But it was worth every minute of it.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:50 AM   #1567
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

H-E-double-hockey-stick YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 05-05-2008, 01:51 AM   #1568
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Ok folks...I guess I need to go to sleep

Don't know how Im going to do that, but....

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
Old 05-05-2008, 01:58 AM   #1569
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

According to this, nobody showed up:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...008&gameType=3
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:58 AM   #1570
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

That game was officially the 8th longest game in NHL history. Only made possible by both Nabokov and Turco for making some historic and terrific saves and making this a memorable night. I am very grateful the good guys won this one.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:00 AM   #1571
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Great FREAKING GAME!!!

I just went on and bought my tickets for the 2nd home game...nose bleed, but I'll be at the Western Conference Finals!!!

By the way...in case nobody was aware..."Red Wings SUCK!!!"
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:03 AM   #1572
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Okay, I had to succumb to the Stars signature trend.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:03 AM   #1573
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan

bwahahahahah

"Other facts"

ahahha

Last edited by Windmill360; 05-05-2008 at 02:04 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:40 AM   #1574
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Attendance: 0

haha... i saw 20k strong going all night! That sort of slip up id expect from the AA hockey team down here in my town.

They reported that the trinity (was it?) bridge had a hole in it and traffic had to be directed other way... hows that going up there?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 05-05-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:03 AM   #1575
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Exhausting game. I hate being so supersticious. After the first OT went well, I decided not to change anything I did while watching it. So I didn't drink my Dr. Pepper, I sat on my left foot, and I chewed on a chip bag clip. I guess it worked..
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:08 AM   #1576
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Update: 18532 people showed up after the game.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:18 AM   #1577
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I am surprisingly not all that tired today. Probably still running on adrenaline. Just watched the winner again. Twice. It will never get old.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:28 AM   #1578
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

hey flacolaco, did you get any sleep last night?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:59 AM   #1579
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a little .wav file for you to assign for different actions/alerts on your computer. It will set the tone just right...

http://mysite.verizon.net/res72si9/D...dwingssuck.wav
Old 05-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #1580
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
hey flacolaco, did you get any sleep last night?
Yeah, some. I haven't even left the house yet. I texted my boss last night and informed him I'd be in a little late.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #1581
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Here is a little .wav file for you to assign for different actions/alerts on your computer. It will set the tone just right...

http://mysite.verizon.net/res72si9/D...dwingssuck.wav
It's playing in WMP on repeat.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #1582
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Yeah, some. I haven't even left the house yet. I texted my boss last night and informed him I'd be in a little late.

good work bro. You have crossed the line that separates man and bum. You are now a bum.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #1583
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Rambling:

Well, what can you say about that one? Or the series for that matter? The look on Brett Hulls face up in the GM box really said it all last night.

I always think 6 game series are a bit misleading. A 4-2 series win looks a lot better on paper than it feels before it’s over. You won twice as many games as they did, you took away their home ice. 4-2 looks good, but in reality you were inches away from game 7 at their barn, in a desperate situation. The use of the phrase “historic collapse” would be really picking up this morning.

61 saves for Marty. 61 times the franchise was that close to staring down the barrel of a gun that only 3 teams in all of the NHL, NBA, and MLB have ever seen, giving up a 3-0 lead. I think I can gladly speak for al Stars fans who are also Mavericks fans in saying: Thank you guys. We don’t need any more recognition in history books for choke jobs of epic proportions around here.

Joe Thornton: If someone had told me before this series started that Joe Thornton wouldn’t put the puck in the net in 6 games, I would’ve told them they were off their nut. A nice combination of Turco, Robidas, and help from the Stars forwards kept big Joe off the sheet. That guy has the same kinds of questions to answer that Marty Turco had been answering before last years playoffs.

Sharks game plan: The Sharks are fast, and they scare you when they carry the puck over the blue line like they do with a full head of steam. But still, I felt like they could have done it more. There were some real sloppy line changes last night, and the Stars were giving them the puck, and space in the neutral zone! But they didn’t press through like they should have. Must have been so frustrating for Fin-Fans.

Overtime power plays:
They had one first, they didn’t get it done. We did. Deal with it. I hear a lot of stuff this morning about what kinds of calls should be made in a multiple OT game. If anything, the call on the Stars was more ticky tack than the tripping call on Campbell.

Brian Campbell: Big trade dead line acquisition. Was it worth it? Is he out of there now? He’s a fantastic threat, and he scared the crap out of me all series. The Sharks wouldn’t have been this close without him.

Brenden Morrow: He is a mans man. He is your captain. He is gritty, and tough, and he can put the puck in the net. The fire in his eyes last night was incredible. He would not be denied. Taking out Michalek was probably just as important as scoring the winner, because Milan is dangerous and he would’ve been heard from last night in OT had he not been trying to figure out how many fingers the trainer was holding up in the locker room. Morrow is playing like we expect Joe Thornton to play. He’s that guy that every time you see him hopping over the bench you’re thinking “Ah come one, wasn’t he just out there?” I love that we have one of those guys now.

Mike Ribeiro and Brad Richards: They didn’t tire. How did they not tire? I was tired. I was freaking out! They’re both so smooth and so comfortable out there, I don’t think they’re human. If the Stars had lost this game, no one was going feel as bad those two. Those chances they had were so golden, and Nabakov just robbed them blind.

Speaking of the San Jose goalie…I know this isn’t breaking news or anything, but was that the best save EVER last night? It’s gotta be pretty dang close considering the circumstances. That guy was amazing in the last 3 games. Unfortunately for him (or his coach) he was less than spectacular in the first 3 games, and it cost them the series.

Marty Turco’s save on Marleau was so huge. I thought he kind of hesitated before he shot it, and Marty was able to get in front of it. Either way, 61 saves speaks for itself. His play with the puck was equally fantastic. He was looking home run pass the whole night, and almost connected a few times. Marty Turco was as fearless as his captain last night. A couple of times in the 2nd OT I found myself actually smiling at San Jose’s feeble shots. Marty wasn’t going to get beat like that.

The Stars have now been a part of 3 of the 8 longest playoff games ever.

I could ramble on for hours about that game last night. It was truly a spectacle that reminds sports fans why we watch, and why we care. It’s nice to have a moment like last night. I hope that wherever Doug Armstrong was last night, he could take a little something out of this playoff run for himself.

And a note to Brett Hull: You can unclench that sphincter now, buddy.

To summarize, the Stars best players out played the Sharks best players by just enough to get it done.

To summarize the summary, Morrow and Turco are so freaking great.

To summarize the summary of the summary, I am happy.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #1584
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

wealp...... i don't think i did great on the test. I think the essay portion hurt me the most.

GO STARS!

Last edited by Windmill360; 05-05-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #1585
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

If you finished your essay with "I love Turco and Morrow," you're in good shape.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 05-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #1586
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
61 saves for Marty. 61 times the franchise was that close to staring down the barrel of a gun that only 3 teams in all of the NHL, NBA, and MLB have ever seen, giving up a 3-0 lead. I think I can gladly speak for al Stars fans who are also Mavericks fans in saying: Thank you guys. We don’t need any more recognition in history books for choke jobs of epic proportions around here.
No, more teams have stared down that barrel of a gun, just only three teams were shot in the eye. I don't know how many there are, but remember the Mavs of '03 vs. Portland?

Stop assuming the Stars had no chance at Game 7!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #1587
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Turco not winning this game would be a good case for atheism.
Someone says, "S'up?"

Is this ghost ball??
Old 05-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #1588
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

so how bad does detroit beat us?
Old 05-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #1589
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Here they are with Dallas times:

Thursday, May 8 -- 6:30 p.m., Dallas at Detroit on Versus
Saturday, May 10 -- 6 p.m., Dallas at Detroit on Versus
Monday, May 12 -- 7 p.m., Detroit at Dallas on Versus
Wednesday, May 14 -- 7 p.m., Detroit at Dallas on Versus
*Saturday, May 17 -- 12:30 p.m., Dallas at Detroit on NBC
*Monday, May 19 -- 7 p.m., Detroit at Dallas on Versus
*Wednesday, May 21 -- 6:30 p.m., Dallas at Detroit on Versus

I hate early start times. That won't make for good viewing on the West coast....I'm sure they all want to watch Stars hockey out there in California!!

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-05-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #1590
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

I do believe that was the greatest hockey game I have ever seen. Morrow is my favorite athlete I have ever watched, he was phenominal, and the hit on michalek was wicked. He definantly willed us to that victory. I also think a big stuart scott "up" goes to nicklas grossman for his relentless defensive play in the game, He was seperating man from puck all night.
The goalies were so incredible that I believe it will take years before people truly realize the magnitude of their performance. Truly a shame that one of those guys had to lose. That was one hell of an emotional handshake, and when you see the joy on brendans face does it bring tears to your eyes also.
Flaco, reading back on the thread over the course of that game, you would think we were down by 3 due to your outstanding negativity. If someone who didn't know you showed up here to read, they would think you were the most miserable fan ever, However we here realize your true genius, and I have to say your musings on all things stars have entertained me all season. Keep up the negativity cause our boys are responding well to it this post season.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #1591
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt
I do believe that was the greatest hockey game I have ever seen. Morrow is my favorite athlete I have ever watched, he was phenominal, and the hit on michalek was wicked. He definantly willed us to that victory. I also think a big stuart scott "up" goes to nicklas grossman for his relentless defensive play in the game, He was seperating man from puck all night.
The goalies were so incredible that I believe it will take years before people truly realize the magnitude of their performance. Truly a shame that one of those guys had to lose. That was one hell of an emotional handshake, and when you see the joy on brendans face does it bring tears to your eyes also.
Flaco, reading back on the thread over the course of that game, you would think we were down by 3 due to your outstanding negativity. If someone who didn't know you showed up here to read, they would think you were the most miserable fan ever, However we here realize your true genius, and I have to say your musings on all things stars have entertained me all season. Keep up the negativity cause our boys are responding well to it this post season.

lol. Oh come on...I was holding back last night, and I thought being rather congenial and even managed a few jokes in there. Considering the situation, I could've been so much more unreasonable.

Btw, I don't know if I mentioned this enough times: Stars hockey in HD is just so great. So very great.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #1592
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
lol. Oh come on...I was holding back last night, and I thought being rather congenial and even managed a few jokes in there. Considering the situation, I could've been so much more unreasonable.

Btw, I don't know if I mentioned this enough times: Stars hockey in HD is just so great. So very great.
I don't see how you were able to post during the game. I was glued to my seat for 5 hours straight.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #1593
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
I don't see how you were able to post during the game. I was glued to my seat for 5 hours straight.
Laptop. Coffee table, and me sitting on the floor and/or pacing around.

I was having quite a time prying my eyes off the screen, however.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #1594
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

you'll be proud of me. during the second intermission, i put the remote across the room. i wasn't gonna miss the game winner last night due to overzealous channel surfing (and, if they lost, i wouldn't have anything close enough to throw).
Old 05-05-2008, 06:37 PM   #1595
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

are any of those games going to be televised on FSN or KDFI27?
Old 05-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #1596
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
are any of those games going to be televised on FSN or KDFI27?
I don't believe so. I think it's Versus or NBC from here on out.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #1597
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

watching on versus, it, its a tough thing
Old 05-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #1598
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah. I'm definitely going to getting the radio out for these Versus telecasts.

I don't need to hear those guys tell me things things that aren't necessarily true about my team I know intimately, and mispronouncing their names.

Plus I don't need to miss all the Razorisms ("Turkolicious!!")

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-05-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #1599
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yeah. I'm definitely going to getting the radio out for these Versus telecasts.

I don't need to hear those guys tell me things things that aren't necessarily true about my team I know intimately, and mispronouncing their names.

Plus I don't need to miss all the Razorisms ("Turkolicious!!")
Razor was golden last night. "You could fire a handful of rice out of a shotgun and it none of it would make it in."
Old 05-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #1600
mkat
Platinum Member

well that sucks. i'm pretty much done with the playoffs at this point.