Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-15-2008, 04:56 PM   #1601
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Any real fan of film should see "The Man Who Wasn't There"....pure genius. Tony Shalub (sp) is genius in a smallish role.
one of the best cohen bros movies
Old 09-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #1602
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure where I rank it...certainly somewhere beneath Fargo, No Country, O Brother, and The Big Lebowski....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #1603
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not sure where I rank it...certainly somewhere beneath Fargo, No Country, O Brother, and The Big Lebowski....
Rank "The Man Who Wasn't There" where it belongs on a Cohen brothers list - near the bottom, between "The Ladykillers" and "Blood Simple"...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #1604
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Rank "The Man Who Wasn't There" where it belongs on a Cohen brothers list - near the bottom, between "The Ladykillers" and "Blood Simple"...
Blood Simple would be near the top of most critics lists...for its time it was pretty amazing.

I couldn't disagree more on TMWWT....it is brilliant.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #1605
sike
The Preacha

Michael Clayton - Its really, really good.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #1606
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the last Die Hard last night.. Saw it in the theatres as well. After watching that movie, I would have absolutely no problem with them continuing the series. I don't know where they'd go from there, but I thoroughly enjoyed the last installment.. definitely much more than the 3rd movie.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #1607
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Righteous Kill.

It was just alright for me. It's not as bad as some people and critics make it out to be. I think a lot of people wanted it to be a Heat sequel or Godfather IV.

Lakeview Terrace.

I loved this movie. This movie is not great in any sense of the word, but it had me in stitches. Most of the stuff me and people in the theatre found funny was things that weren't suppose to be funny. And the stuff that was actually suppose to be funny was funny. It even had a Samuel L. Jackson line in there. It was pretty much everything Snakes on a Plane should've been.

On a side note, this movie would been more serious had it not been for Sam Jackson. He's starting to become an entertainer, not an actor. Over the past several years, with the Dave Chappelle skit, Snakes on a Plane, and all these weird roles he's taken on (i.e. Formula 51, Black Snake Moan, The Man), nobody's taking him seriously. And it's sad because he did some great roles in the 90s. It's like now, he's mocking his past performances.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #1608
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

his role as Mace Windu sunk his ship.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #1609
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Slacker uprising.

Have you downloaded and watched it ? I´d be interested, but only free for US and Can. guys. Can anyone assist me to ge throgh the download procedure ?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #1610
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't forget Barton Fink....which is arguably the best written movie of all time.

Ghettysburg is currently in my dvd player. Underrated movie that is as good of a book-to-movie adaptation that you are going to get.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #1611
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Don't forget Barton Fink....which is arguably the best written movie of all time.
VERY arguably - The Hudsucker Proxy and Big Lebowski are better-written, hands down (and I'm not even straying away from the Cohen Bros!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #1612
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
VERY arguably - The Hudsucker Proxy and Big Lebowski are better-written, hands down (and I'm not even straying away from the Cohen Bros!)
If you think Hudsucker Proxy is better written than Barton Fink then you are indeed a loony. Big Lebowski for sure....but NOT Hudsucker Proxy. No way. Now how.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #1613
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the hint

Unfortunately, the lawyers tell us we are only allowed to offer the film to people residing in the United States or Canada. The computers think you are someplace else right now, and that's why you are seeing this page. If you really are in the U.S. or Canada and our computers are confused, you may try accessing the website from a different network, at a friends house, etc. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and really want as many people to see the film as possible.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #1614
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished season 2 of The Wire. Many have posted that they thought it was the worst season of the series.. I actually enjoyed it more than season 1. Both seasons were amazing, but I totally got into all that was going on down by the docks.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 AM   #1615
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I just finished season 2 of The Wire. Many have posted that they thought it was the worst season of the series.. I actually enjoyed it more than season 1. Both seasons were amazing, but I totally got into all that was going on down by the docks.
I haven't gotten to season 2 in my rewatch, and Dirno says I will probably enjoy season 2 more the second time through.

Having said that, you are out of your mind. Season 1 is fantastic, and I have a hard time imagining how season 2 could measure up to it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #1616
Murphy3
Guru

I thought both were fantastic... Perhaps season 2 only seems a bit better because I had lower expectations because of some of what I had heard. I never heard that it was bad.. just heard that it wasn't nearly as good as the first season. I was very pleasantly surprised.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:42 AM   #1617
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I look forward to your thoughts on the rest of the series.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #1618
Murphy3
Guru

I haven't seen the rest of the series yet.. but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it's nothing short of outstanding. It's my favorite show on TV by far. Shows like The Wire and Lost have kinda ruined episodic TV for me. I can still watch a comedy where the story is pretty much contained in one individual episode.. but similar types of dramas are losing me.. such as CSI Las Vegas and House. I love the story that continually builds upon itself.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #1619
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I am 2 episodes away from completing season 2 of The Wire. It's outstanding. Nothing short of perfection.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 09-28-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #1620
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

I am done with Season 2 of The Wire. Trying to purchase 3,4, & 5 on Ebay as I type.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #1621
Murphy3
Guru

I finished season 2 and knocked off the first 4 episodes of season 3... amazing TV.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #1622
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

I can't wait!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 PM   #1623
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Ironman - still awesome.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #1624
sike
The Preacha

I want to own iron man and hulk.

it must happen...

Old 10-09-2008, 12:58 AM   #1625
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

The Blu-ray version of Hulk is gonna have a feature that allows fans to discuss the movies as they watch. I think this BD-Live feature is one of the greatest inventions to tv.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 10-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #1626
sike
The Preacha

What if I don't care what morons think?

Old 10-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #1627
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What if I don't care what morons think?
your asking this of Nash13? something's contradictory here . . .
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #1628
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
you are both mean and funny.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #1629
Nash13
Diamond Member

Unhappy

Quote:

~The Salesman
Old 10-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #1630
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
you are both mean and funny.
Every time I read something from Sike, he seems less and less like a man of God and more and more like an uneducated heathen.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #1631
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Every time I read something from Sike, he seems less and less like a man of God and more and more like an uneducated heathen.
Burn!!!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #1632
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
sorry nash13 - you had to take one for the joke there.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #1633
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Burn!!!!!
now that's funny!
and mean. and holy. and self - deprecating.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 10-10-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #1634
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
now that's funny!
and mean. and holy. and self - deprecating.
and homosexual

you know, cause sike said it...

fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #1635
sike
The Preacha

"I bring scientists, you bring a rock star"

The greatness that is Jurassic Park.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #1636
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Rec. The Original Spaniard version of Quarantine.

Quite excellent, highly recommended. It has an atmosphere to it that I haven't seen in recent horror movies.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:12 PM   #1637
Nash13
Diamond Member

Body of Lies.

Good but extremely slow-paced. Russell Crowe was alright. Leo was pretty great. Nothing Oscar-worthy, but good.

On a side note-- I met an actress for the 1st time ever at a Obama rally. Some of you may know Kerry Washington (leading female in Ray, blind black chick in the Fantastic Four movies, lot of small roles). She's really hot and really nice.

~The Salesman
Old 10-18-2008, 02:25 AM   #1638
Nash13
Diamond Member

Max Payne! I can see why some people don't like it, but its a decent movie . For those who are a fan of the game, it sorta stays true to it. There are some scene/settings that are taken right from the game.

~The Salesman
Old 10-18-2008, 07:52 AM   #1639
sike
The Preacha

Watched "Meet the Fockers" for only the second time last night....my wife laughed, I laughed...it was a good time.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #1640
Murphy3
Guru

I never was a big fan of the "meet the parents" or "meet the fockers"... It's funny at first seeing things go wrong for the guy, but after awhile, enough is enough.

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?