Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #1601
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Deron is so gone.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #1602
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
UD only has one working hand right now... don't make him wear it out!
That's why I haven't posted anything all morning - do you know how hard it is to wash an oil-based lube off your hand when you don't have a second hand at your disposal??

My arm is never going to heal if Deron doesn't stop tweeting such sexy things...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #1603
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

BOOK IT!!

Last edited by clutch#41; 03-16-2012 at 02:04 PM.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #1604
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That's why I haven't posted anything all morning - do you know how hard it is to wash an oil-based lube off your hand when you don't have a second hand at your disposal??

My arm is never going to heal if Deron doesn't stop tweeting such sexy things...
Solution is to use water-based lube, obviously.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #1605
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be a rich man if I got money every time that picture has come up either here or on various other websites.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #1606
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

If Kidd was a few years older I would say that D Will might be his long lost son lol

Always like D Will and saw him as the closes thing physically to J Kidd at the PG spot with a better offense. Top 3 PG ...IMO and just someone that can do it all.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #1607
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
If Kidd was a few years older I would say that D Will might be his long lost son lol

Always like D Will and saw him as the closes thing physically to J Kidd at the PG spot with a better offense. Top 3 PG ...IMO and just someone that can do it all.
Ha, Kidd does have a son that's a senior in HS and a 17 year old daughter. Both in LA.

Yea, DWill has such a resemblance to Kidd. Even the style of is very similar. At the same age, DWill has the better shot, scoring mentality, but Kidd with the better overall floor game and defense.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #1608
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Does anyone know the protection on the Mavs pick that was traded from the Lakers to the Rockets yesterday? I've seen that it's top-20 protected for the next six years, but I've never seen anyone confirm Sefko's report from right after the Odom trade that the Mavs could choose which of those six years they want to convey it.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #1609
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post

BOOK IT!!
"I wanna be like you...in a couple of years." - Deron Williams to Jason Kidd

Last edited by 4Dirk1Nowitzki; 03-16-2012 at 03:36 PM.
4Dirk1Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #1610
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUmavsfan View Post
Does anyone know the protection on the Mavs pick that was traded from the Lakers to the Rockets yesterday? I've seen that it's top-20 protected for the next six years, but I've never seen anyone confirm Sefko's report from right after the Odom trade that the Mavs could choose which of those six years they want to convey it.
DLord recently shot Sefko's report down and said the pick is simply top 20 protected.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #1611
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
DLord recently shot Sefko's report down and said the pick is simply top 20 protected.
Correct.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #1612
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
"I wanna be like you...in a couple of years." - Deron Williams to Jason Kidd
38 years old? I hope not.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #1613
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'd be a rich man if I got money every time that picture has come up either here or on various other websites.
seriously

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #1614
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

There are some rumblings that Aldridge may want to come back to texas to be close to his family, his contract is up after the 14-15 season, he could be a perfect replacement for dirk

Last edited by mavs777; 03-17-2012 at 01:23 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #1615
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
There are some rumblings that Aldridge may want to come back to Dallas to be close to his family, his contract is up after the 14-15 season, he could be a perfect replacement for dirk
Wow, rumble away...

Old 03-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #1616
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are some rumblings that Aldridge may want to come back to Dallas to be close to his family, his contract is up after the 14-15 season, he could be a perfect replacement for dirk
He should run away from Portland. There is some bad juju going on out there. He's lucky that he's avoided the curse.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #1617
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

i meant texas, not dallas in particular.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #1618
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Deron isn't really similar to Kidd, I'd say Rondo is the most similar to Kidd.

Kidd in his prime was easily top 3 player in the game next to Duncan and Shaq, would put up ridiculous numbers every night despite not being a stat racker. He'd score like 12 points on 16 shots but grab 16 rebounds and dish 18 assists, along with 5 steals and the Nets were consistently one of the best defenses in the league.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #1619
mavs777
Diamond Member

http://truebluenation.com/forum/inde...-is-dan-fegan/
Old 03-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #1620
Underdog

Quote:
Wow, GREAT find!

Old 03-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #1621
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Richard jefferson was traded to the Warriors for Stephen Jackson
I was reading somewhere that the Spurs got SJax for a possible playoff match up with the Mavs in round 1...what's funny is that the Blazers did the samething last season by getting Wallace and we saw how that worked out.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #1622
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
38 years old? I hope not.
Running the offense for a championship team?
Old 03-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #1623
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I was reading somewhere that the Spurs got SJax for a possible playoff match up with the Mavs in round 1...what's funny is that the Blazers did the samething last season by getting Wallace and we saw how that worked out.
They got a player on an expiring deal for a bad contract, also Pop likes him, and RJ has struggled in playoffs for spurs. SJ is ineffecient tho.

Last edited by mavs777; 03-17-2012 at 06:36 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #1624
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They got a player on an expiring deal for a bad contract, also Pop likes him, and RJ has struggled in playoffs for spurs. SJ is ineffecient tho.

Jack has one year left after this season.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #1625
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Jax has 1 more year left on his contract and Jefferson just has 2 more years.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #1626
mavs777
Diamond Member

alex kennedy was one of the people on top of the dwight drama

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...-kennedy-31612
Quote:
Deven

With Dwight Howard off the market, Is Deron Williams a lock for Dallas? And who else can the Mavericks sign if Deron decides to go to the Mavericks?

Alex Kennedy

I think Deron Williams will sign with Dallas Mavericks this summer. As we learned with the Dwight Howard drama, things can always change. However, I’ve been told that Deron wants to play in Dallas and I think the Mavericks are confident that they’ll land him.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:48 AM   #1627
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
alex kennedy was one of the people on top of the dwight drama

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...-kennedy-31612
I'm completely confident that we will get Deron.

All things are pointing in our direction.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:16 AM   #1628
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
Running the offense for a championship team?
That too.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #1629
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Anyone see that dunk by D-Will on the Cavs? Was sick. On nba.com right now.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #1630
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty funny how the Magic were winning all these tough games while this drama was in full swing (including @Chicago with Rose playing), and now post-drama they're getting blown out at home by Rose-less Chicago.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #1631
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Anyone see that dunk by D-Will on the Cavs? Was sick. On nba.com right now.
I want a point guard that can attack like THAT!
http://www.nba.com/video/games/nets/...nba/index.html
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #1632
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Ken Berger just posted a related article.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #1633
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Safe to say that Nets will miss the playoffs again this season. I mean, they lost to the Hornets...

That said, poor DeShawn. He possibly though he'd join a playoff team and now they have no use for veterans, rather play their young guys in preparation for next season.

Last edited by j0Shi; 03-20-2012 at 03:47 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #1634
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...to-points-west

It was a tough week in New Jersey/Brooklyn, as the Nets got duped by Dwight Howard and then ventured warily into their own prospective free-agent superstar drama.

The Nets are confident Deron Williams will join them in Brooklyn next season. They were confident Howard would be there, too. And so if the histrionics over Howard's decision to stay in Orlando last week taught us anything, it's that nobody really knows what players are thinking. Nobody knows what they'll do when faced with a career-shaping decision until they actually make the decision.

The Nets might very well be right back in the running for Howard at next season's trade deadline, or in the summer of 2013, when Howard becomes an unrestricted free agent -- no ifs, ands or opt-outs about it. But what the Nets really needed was for Howard to commit now, to force his way to the Nets via a trade or at the very least, preserve his ability to opt out this summer and join them as a free agent. What the Nets really needed was a magnet to keep Williams firmly anchored in their plans, and well, Howard's decision left the All-Star point guard floating in never-never land -- somewhere between Newark, Brooklyn, Dallas and points unknown.

A person who has worked with Williams on a daily basis in the past reiterated this week that going home to Dallas remains an overwhelmingly attractive option for the 27-year-old point guard, who was shipped to the Nets against his will in what turned out to be a brilliant move by the Utah Jazz last February. Rather than get trampled by the prospective free-agent onslaught (see James, LeBron; Anthony, Carmelo; and Howard, Dwight), the Jazz tapped out and accelerated their recovery from Williams' inevitable departure. But the Nets are in a different kind of predicament. It technically cost them nothing for Howard to say no, but for Williams, they gave up a massive haul of assets -- Devin Harris, Derrick Favors and two first-round picks. They're all in with Williams and kind of need to see this one through to the end.

In a Plan B of sorts, the Nets sent another first-round pick to the Trail Blazers as part of a deal for Gerald Wallace, who'd be a nice piece of the puzzle if and when the Nets get another top-tier star and/or lottery pick to entice Williams to stay. The pick is top-three protected, and the Nets' belief is that there were only three players in the draft for whom it would be worth passing on Wallace: Anthony Davis, Thomas Robinson and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. There are risks in the basketball business, and you go nowhere without taking some. The Nets still have the Rockets' first-round pick in the upcoming draft, top-14 protected.

Williams' agent, Jeff Schwartz, is a known proponent of the New York market and what it can offer star players in terms of endorsements and visibility they can't get anywhere else. Schwartz's presumed role in Williams' decision after he opts out July 1 and becomes a free agent ordinarily would be comforting to the Nets, who took a gamble that was worth taking and now must let the chips fall where they may. But as we learned from Howard's stunning decision -- stunning, perhaps most of all, to his agent, Dan Fegan, who'd been telling anyone and everyone that Dwight was Brooklyn-bound -- it's the player's decision at the end of the day. So what might make business sense to Schwartz and basketball sense to the Nets might not compute to Williams, who is free to do whatever he wants.

It's a free country, and a tangled web the Nets have woven, one rife with risk that was worth taking. A hopelessly meandering franchise that has never been able to find a permanent home didn't need a timid plan heading to Brooklyn next season. Bold was the way to go. Just don't make the same mistake everyone made with Howard. Don't presume to know what Williams is thinking or what he's going to do. Don't read anything into Williams, for the first time as a Net, blowing off the media Monday night after a crushing 105-100 loss to the Cavaliers. Don't read body language, search for hidden meaning in quotes or try to predict the future.

You do that, and you'll just drive yourself crazy. That's the Nets' job.

Last edited by MavsFTR; 03-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #1635
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Weird thing, I live out in GSW territory and the word from the owner is that cap space does the Warriors no good because no one wants to come, basically Tyson. So they go out and commit another 2 seasons by trading for Bogut and then getting RJ. On paper they aren't going to be that bad, I mean Bogut, RJ in the half court if healthy will be a nice tandem. Then you throw in Lee, Curry and Thompson, it's not bad, but getting them healthy is another issue. But that's basically GSW's thinking at this point, get a good group together through 2014 and see what happens.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #1636
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Weird thing, I live out in GSW territory and the word from the owner is that cap space does the Warriors no good because no one wants to come, basically Tyson. So they go out and commit another 2 seasons by trading for Bogut and then getting RJ. On paper they aren't going to be that bad, I mean Bogut, RJ in the half court if healthy will be a nice tandem. Then you throw in Lee, Curry and Thompson, it's not bad, but getting them healthy is another issue. But that's basically GSW's thinking at this point, get a good group together through 2014 and see what happens.
Well first as people above noted it looks like i am wrong as stephen jackson's contract is for rest of this year and rest of next year, but the trade still makes sense. It's understandable why both teams did it, then again how can you trust bogut to be healthy? Trading Monta was a must but I think they would have been better off trading for a big a level below bogut that has stayed healthy. Also did you see the video yesterday while lacob was talking? That was a disgrace.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #1637
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well first as people above noted it looks like i am wrong as stephen jackson's contract is for rest of this year and rest of next year, but the trade still makes sense. It's understandable why both teams did it, then again how can you trust bogut to be healthy? Trading Monta was a must but I think they would have been better off trading for a big a level below bogut that has stayed healthy. Also did you see the video yesterday while lacob was talking? That was a disgrace.
embarrassing and classless. It started slow with a murmur, then someone screamed out Monta, and boy that kicked things off. This was about Mully not Lacob, it took away from the moment. GSW fans booed Cohan at the 2000 All Star Game. Passionate fans, but at times classless.

Lets say Dallas wants to retire Mark Aguirre's jersey, does Mark Cuban need to speak? see that's the question I pose to GSW admins, why did Lacob have to speak he was not part of the organization when Mullin was here. Former teammates, broadcasters, Nelson, owner at the time, would have been my choices. In addition he was very critical of Mullin's moves when he first took ownership of the team. Nevertheless embarrassing to GSW fans as well as the organization.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #1638
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Funniest part was Rick Barry lecturing the fans.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #1639
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Yea, Barry was a hoot, the older crowd hated his guts, but he still holds the last GSW title.

Another funny bit about GSW's owner, his fiancee did not talk to him for at least 2 days after the Monta trade. Seems she was best friends with Monta's wife.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #1640
Firnen

Firnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really nice

Webow will sign with the NY Jets... what you think? with major endorsement money in THE CITY projected going to him and Jeremy Lin, it seems like the Brooklyn Nets loose leverage in signing Deron
Firnen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight