Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #1641
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Attention: The "report post" function is not for posts you think are "stupid".

It's for cussing, personal attacks, racism, etc.

And it's certainly not for "box of rocks" pictures that are funny and perfectly apt no matter how much we all wish it weren't true.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #1642
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Right now Roddy reminds me of those track & field runners who get invited to NFL training camps - tons of physical ability, but they have no clue how to play the game.

I'm hoping it's mostly a combination of youth and rust, but he's starting to look like a long-term project who probably won't develop quickly enough to help this team win a ring before Dirk starts to decline...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-04-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: -ly
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #1643
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'm hoping it's mostly a combination of youth and rust, but he's starting to look like a long-term project who probably won't develop quickly enough to help this team win a ring before Dirk starts to decline...
that's a good post.i think the same things.
now we are not good for win a ring then would be better if roddy makes exp on the floor...
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #1644
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
that's a good post.i think the same things.
now we are not good for win a ring then would be better if roddy makes exp on the floor...
I'm not 100% sure what you just said, but I don't think I agree...

Old 04-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #1645
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure what you just said, but I don't think I agree...
ok,no problem.it's my opinion...roddy needs a lot of works and the injuries doesn't help him for sure,i think he needs some confidence too.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #1646
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
ok,no problem.it's my opinion...roddy needs a lot of works and the injuries doesn't help him for sure,i think he needs some confidence too.
Roddy needs a training camp and another season to learn the NBA.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #1647
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Attention: The "report post" function is not for posts you think are "stupid".

It's for cussing, personal attacks, racism, etc.

And it's certainly not for "box of rocks" pictures that are funny and perfectly apt no matter how much we all wish it weren't true.
*Reports post*

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #1648
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

This thread has more replies than the "Dirk is great" thread.

Prince and Iggy were not available. Say it with me folks. Prince and Iggy were not available.

Wallace = Marion. Repeat after me, Wallace = Marion

If there is one trade the Mavs could have made, it should have been for Kirk Hinrich.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #1649
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Wallace = Marion

I am a big fan of Marion but this is just not true.

Wallace= 06-07 version of Marion and thats a pretty damn good version.

We would still have issues in the backcourt but it would make the team a lot better on both sides of the ball

Last edited by mavs777; 04-04-2011 at 01:04 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #1650
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
So because these trades didn't happen it pissed you off and you spend your time trying to justify that Roddy sucks and those trades should have been made. Whats this talk about selling him to get him off the floor. Do you people even have an idea what month this is. The trading deadline is over. You have no clue as to the players available and what they would have cost. People with your level of comprehension should stick to Fantesy trades they are relativly simplistic and the numbers translate right across the board. And the best part is everyone is available and you get to create any deal you want. But people in case you don't know already they are not for real.

You say he looks to be more because people want him to be more. Perhaps to you he looks to be less because you want him to be less. You don't like his tiny body well it matches your tiny frame of reference and you narrow box like perspective. All you people who want to break the bank to aquire an over priced superstar need to refer to what happened with Denver and the Knicks. Who improved? And anything less than a superstar wouldn't make a difference for this year anyway.

So the summer league and his tiny body convinced you hah. the summer league convinced many the Jones would be an immediate star. Were you one of those? Talk about pre-judging a player based on a development league. This has been beat to death like a dead horse on another Thread and it doesn't pay to bring it up again. But you are say that your mind was made up a year and a half ago which was long before he even played any games last season. Don't realize that you are only validating that it is you who are the one who has made a predetermined judgement. So what you are accusing others of doing is what you are in fact doing yourself. You decided the summer before what kind of player he was so now you continue to see him in that same light in order to validate that preconcieved perception. So you see him as less because you want him to be less.
I guess RC was spending time with him in summer league as well.

Actually I"m not mad about him one way or the other. But he definitely has his rabid followers. Here we are and he's played in almost 20+ games and he continues to digress, not progress. We are about to enter the playoffs where his inexperience will be MORE consequential, not less. This is not a good thing.

I continue to see him in the same light because that's what I'm seeing on the court. My opinion of him was reinforced over the summer league, but my mind is never made UP on a player. If he plays well and shows improvement, great. My suspicions unfortunately from what I see are being confirmed. If he can hit 3ptrs he is effective offensively, if not..probably not. With respect to defense, he's been worse than I expected.

He was deemed untouchable by fandom and the front office and reasons for numerous trades were that they included Roddy (remember how popular Donnie said he was??). My evaluation told me to sell. Of course I don't know what was/was not offered, no one on this board does. All I know is he was deemed pretty much untouchable by fandom and the front office.

My evaluation of jkiddo two years ago also told me to sell him for baron davis and chris kaman as well (I'm obviously assuming that was an offer). I really like Jkiddo but whether that would have been a good deal or not I don't know. It's the same thing going on here. I don't hate the guy, just don't think he'll be nearly as good as folks hope for.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #1651
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

There is so much discussion of Roddys play when two waaay more important players (Kidd and Terry) are playing like absolute dog sh*t. They are the problem here. Roddy is just a role player.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #1652
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
There is so much discussion of Roddys play when two waaay more important players (Kidd and Terry) are playing like absolute dog sh*t. They are the problem here. Roddy is just a role player.
It's the Roddy Beabuois Development Thread, so he's the topic of conversation - nobody's blaming him for our losses, we're just pointing out his shortcomings and how they contribute to those losses...

Plenty of Kidd/Terry blame can be found in this thread and this thread.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-04-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #1653
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
This
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #1654
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We talked about it briefly on MOR, this is why the lockout situation is scary. The summer going into season two is a critical summer for a young player and Roddy lost it. On top of that, Roddy lost the training camp and most of this season. Putting this season and last season together, game logs have him hovering around the 82 game mark of a season, so he's still a rookie. If he can't get a summer league and has to lose ANOTHER training camp, that is incredibly tough to deal with.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 04-04-2011 at 03:30 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #1655
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

FREE BOBBY O
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #1656
JeffViggiano
Banned

Quote:
yes,i agree.but we aren't in august.kidd and terry play very bad and probabily they fall in the PO.
it's not good to say but we need roddy NOW.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #1657
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
We talked about it briefly on MOR, this is why the lockout situation is scary. The summer going into season two is a critical summer for a young player and Roddy lost it. On top of that, Roddy lost the training camp and most of this season. Putting this season and last season together, game logs have him hovering around the 82 game mark of a season, so he's still a rookie. If he can't get a summer league and has to lose ANOTHER training camp, that is incredibly tough to deal with.
Personally, I don't care for summer league unless the majority of the team is constructed with members of the NBA team like the Wizards were last year. This way everyone is working with a common goal in mind instead of trying to impress scouts to get an invite from some team.
In fantasy, I would hope Tony Parker plays for the French national team this summer and Roddy gets an invite. A summer with Parker > summer league play.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #1658
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So how was the development tonight? Thumbs up or thumbs down?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #1659
Underdog

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post

Old 04-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #1660
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

I really do not understand why Roddy is completely unable to score anymore.

He's not even remotely the same player we saw last year. This is a lot more than just being a rookie.

The kid doesn't even seem to know where the basket is.

This is a guy who last year, in his first season, managed to score with pretty much easy every time he stepped on the court.

This year, he doesn't even try to score and when he does he blows it.

What the heck is going on? Why did we trade Roddy for Gerald Green?

Last edited by JHT; 04-07-2011 at 12:54 AM.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #1661
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post

He's not even remotely the same player we saw last year. This is a lot more than just being a rookie.

This is a guy who last year, in his first season, managed to score with pretty much easy every time he stepped on the court.

What the heck is going on?
Film.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #1662
JayR

JayR has a spectacular aura aboutJayR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post

What the heck is going on? Why did we trade Roddy for Gerald Green?
Roddy just came back from a pretty serious injury so it's pretty understandable why he doesnt seem like the player he used to be. we just need to give him time to find his rhythm again and hopefully that will be in the playoffs but highly doubt it.

what do you even mean by why did we trade roddy for gerald green. first of all roddy has been with us since the beginning and mavs didn't re-sign gerald green because he didnt play defense
JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:09 AM   #1663
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
Roddy just came back from a pretty serious injury so it's pretty understandable why he doesnt seem like the player he used to be. we just need to give him time to find his rhythm again and hopefully that will be in the playoffs but highly doubt it.
He had a million years to come back from that injury, is 100% healthy, and has been 100% healthy and getting consistent minutes for more than a month. That excuse no longer holds water.

I'm not expecting him to be better than last year. But he's not even 50% as good as last year, on either end of the court in any capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
what do you even mean by why did we trade roddy for gerald green. first of all roddy has been with us since the beginning and mavs didn't re-sign gerald green because he didnt play defense
Oh sorry, I wasn't watching the game in HD tonight so I couldn't quite read the name on his jersey. All I know is he played a lot like Gerald Green. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by JHT; 04-07-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:16 AM   #1664
JayR

JayR has a spectacular aura aboutJayR has a spectacular aura about

haha my bad its hard to tell when someones being sarcastic on here. apologies
JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:05 AM   #1665
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Im not sure if I am right but I am guessing Roddy isn't going to the hole that much because he is afraid of contact.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:05 AM   #1666
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
You really are one sad fan, lol.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:17 AM   #1667
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Im not sure if I am right but I am guessing Roddy isn't going to the hole that much because he is afraid of contact.
I thought that too for awhile, but it wasn't contact that got him injured really, so that doesn't make sense. Plus it doesn't explain why his jumpshooting is also so terrible.

The more I watch him, the more it just seems like he's so deathly afraid of making a mistake that he overthinks it. Last year everything was just instinctual, he just did it, he didn't think about it. Now he's spent an entire year not playing and just studying and learning, and now his coach is actually paying attention to him and yelling at him and expecting things of him, and it's like he's paralyzed with indecision out there.

I think the decision to play him at point makes it even worse. And if you look, even when he's out there with Kidd, for some reason they always have Roddy running point. He very rarely plays the 2 guard spot on offense.

Roddy is not a point guard. That nonsense needs to stop. That would be a step in the right direction, though I doubt it would solve the problems.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:32 AM   #1668
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

His confidence is shot, for whatever reason (we can't know why) and it will probably stay that way this year, because Carlisle sure as hell not gonna give him the oppurtunity to figure it out on the court. Again, last night, he made that steal, made two key free throws, tied the game, what happens? Carlise subbs in Jose, who turns the ball over, Denver scores, ball game. I'm not saying Roddy played better than Barea (he didn't), but he had some momentum, and it still didn't matter for Carlisle. It just shows you the trend, doesn't matter if he makes a shot, has some momentum, actally does something good, Carlisle will sub him out at the same exact time, or situation, because that's Carlisle. Anyway, not sure why we think RC is a good coach for any young player, he has a track record as a horrible development coach. I'm beginning to think that the poster (sorry, don't remember the name) who said RC made Roddy think too much is actually spot on. He's thinking too much out there. Oh well, maybe next year after a training camp. If there will be a season.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-07-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #1669
JeffViggiano
Banned

RC is the best coach to go cold a player...his subs were awesome.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #1670
JeffViggiano
Banned

Quote:
boring guy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 04-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #1671
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

24 games after come back, and he doesn't play better than in his debut this year.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #1672
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a big Roddy supporter, but this is where we need to put him until next year:

Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #1673
dude1394
Guru

The post game guy said something that I was worried about with roddy. That inserting him into and keeping him in the starting lineup even though he had not earned it and worse not improving might cause this vet club to revolt. I hadn't heard words spoken to that but their play looks pretty passive aggressive right now.

If roddy can stink and still keep his minutes so can I, stuff like that.

High achievers get more pissed at favoritism than anything else I've seen. Time to stop the welfare rick.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #1674
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The post game guy said something that I was worried about with roddy. That inserting him into and keeping him in the starting lineup even though he had not earned it and worse not improving might cause this vet club to revolt. I hadn't heard words spoken to that but their play looks pretty passive aggressive right now.

High achievers get more pissed at favoritism than anything else I've seen. Time to stop the welfare rick.
And who would you have start at shooting guard? Are you honestly suggesting that players like Stevenson suck right now because they might be in revolt mode over Roddy? Yes...the whole team is passive aggressive because of the French kid.

Sigh...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #1675
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:

Didn't want to be the first to slam that absolute utter nonsense, and it wouldn't really deserve a normal response, i just wanna add that if somebody only reads that one post from you, will know exactly where you coming from when it comes to Roddy, but the good thing is you don't hate the kid. So let me get this straight just in case. You think, Kidd, Terry, Stevenson, all playing like crap because Carlisle plays Roddy all the freakin' time, an unbelievable 18 minutes per game? It's like almost 2 quarters. Blasphemy!

"but their play looks pretty passive aggressive right now."

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-07-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #1676
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's not like he's getting excessive minutes, but he can't be counted on. Stevenson sucks, so he shouldn't be complaining, but Brewer could actually help in ways that none of the other guards can. The guards are undersized and/or unathletic; Brewer could fix both. A starting lineup of Kidd/Brewer/Marion/Nowitzki/Chandler is pretty darn good defensively. Yes, you're going to have some problems offensively at times, but that's why you bring Terry, Stojakovic and Barea off the bench as necessary.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #1677
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Didn't want to be the first to slam that absolute utter nonsense, and it wouldn't really deserve a normal response, i just wanna add that if somebody only reads that one post from you, will know exactly where you coming from when it comes to Roddy, but the good thing is you don't hate the kid. So let me get this straight just in case. You think, Kidd, Terry, Stevenson, all playing like crap because Carlisle plays Roddy all the freakin' time, an unbelievable 18 minutes per game? It's like almost 2 quarter. Blasphemy!
I thought I would relay what the post game host was saying to Mark Followill after the game for those that cannot get the local radio show. But hey......

Using a word like blasphemy sort of exposes the religious fervor of roddy fans.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #1678
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And who would you have start at shooting guard? Are you honestly suggesting that players like Stevenson suck right now because they might be in revolt mode over Roddy? Yes...the whole team is passive aggressive because of the French kid.

Sigh...
I would have stevenson and peja starting. Marion/jet off the bench and ending.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #1679
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
It's not like he's getting excessive minutes, but he can't be counted on. Stevenson sucks, so he shouldn't be complaining, but Brewer could actually help in ways that none of the other guards can. The guards are undersized and/or unathletic; Brewer could fix both. A starting lineup of Kidd/Brewer/Marion/Nowitzki/Chandler is pretty darn good defensively. Yes, you're going to have some problems offensively at times, but that's why you bring Terry, Stojakovic and Barea off the bench as necessary.
I wouldn't be oppose of that lineup, in fact, i think the best thing Carlisle could do with Roddy right now, is telling him to come off the bench, and score the damn ball. Don't hesitate, don't try to create for others when it's not there, just do your thing. It could actually work, if Kidd's three ball comes back, and we can run a little with Marion and Brewer. Carlisle has to try something.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #1680
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
No he's not getting excessive minutes and maybe (it wouldn't be the first time) I'm full of it. But starting an nba game is a sorta big deal imo. Every player out there wants to start, all of 'em. Carlisle got ripped last year for not playing roddy...well results be damned he's playing him now.

From what I've seen in the nba there is a real fine line between winners and losers and a whole bunch of it is between their heads. It doesn't take much to go on a 5 game losing streak it appears. There isn't really all that special going on..no one is hurt, no one is a disruption...but the team looks like they are the 12th seed right about now.

SOMETHING is going on.

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid