Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #1681
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Dark Knight is in the DVD. I was hoping to get more special features...perhaps some tribute to Heath would've been cool.

Also watched "Wanted" - that was a waste of time!!!

Now I need to sort through movies at the theatre...we like to catch a movie on Christmas day, there is usually nobody in the theatre and it makes for a great escape after dealing with other family members...this is a tradition that my wife started and now we make it a yearly escape.

Any recommendations?
I know that the Tom-Cruise-playing-Claus-Von-Stauffenberg movie comes out on Christmas... the thought of Tom Cruise in it kinda ruins the point for me, but I'll probably see it anyway. If your wife is into Hitler assassination plot movies...

But I will definitely be seeing Frost/Nixon on Christmas, regardless of whether I find anyone to see it with me.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 12-11-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2008, 03:20 AM   #1682
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

The Dirty Dozen.

Every guy should watch it at least once a decade. To learn what you should be like.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #1683
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a fan of The Dirty Dozen... And yeah, the Cruise movie..don't know if I can handle it with Cruise.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #1684
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I finally watched Iron Man and Tropic Thunder. I thought they both were really good.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #1685
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to say that "Klaus von Stuffenberg" sounds like a cartoon mascot for some kind of breakfast pastries.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #1686
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

This trailer makes the new wolverine movie look pretty good. Looks like a good ass-kicking fest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX6H7t1wXZI
Old 12-23-2008, 10:45 AM   #1687
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

1) The latest Indiana Jones
2) The latest Hulk
3) Kung Fu Panda
4) Old Sherlock Holms compilation disc 1 of 8
5) Old Sherlock Holms compliation disc 2 of 8

I am sure I'll have a few changes over the Christmas break...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #1688
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1) The latest Indiana Jones
2) The latest Hulk
3) Kung Fu Panda
4) Old Sherlock Holms compilation disc 1 of 8
5) Old Sherlock Holms compliation disc 2 of 8

I am sure I'll have a few changes over the Christmas break...
which old sherlock holmes?? Basil Rathbone or the Jeremy Brett series(my fav)?

By the way netflix has many of the old Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes available via free streaming. About 4 it appears.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #1689
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

don't know if ya'll know, but they're coming out with a new Sherlock Holmes movie next year starring Robert Downey. Good choice.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #1690
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
don't know if ya'll know, but they're coming out with a new Sherlock Holmes movie next year starring Robert Downey. Good choice.
Sherlock Holmes is Iron Man. That's a good idea. He can solve crimes through deduction and lasers.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #1691
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Zach and Miri, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Old 12-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #1692
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Not great, but very good. I read a review that summed up what I thought. It lets the story get inside your head, but it never lets you get inside Benjamin's mind. Oh well, I still recommend it. On queue for tonight:

Gran Torino
Revolutionary Road
Frost/Nixon

As far as Valkyrie is concerned, please Hollywood, at least give him an accent. Ideally make him speak German. I know a lot of people who mind reading subtitles, and that's probably why this was released in English. I generally have a problem with this type of film.

Schindler's List is an exception, and is a top 10 movie in my list. They spoke english, but at the very least they had accents. One of the reasons I liked the Passion was the effort it took in them speaking Aramic (it helped that I thought it was a pretty good movie outside of that). But to make a mediocre film like I've been hearing Valkyrie is and have Cruise speak impeccable English is just terrible.

Last edited by bernardos70; 12-29-2008 at 04:35 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #1693
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been so underwhelmed by the selection on Xmas weekend. We got some AMC gift cards and I don't intend on using any of them any time soon.

Owen Wilson? Really America?
Old 12-30-2008, 05:31 AM   #1694
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Ok, i will agree with Flaco to an extent. I just want to say that the power of the indy movies has gotten completely out of hand. I mean, if you look back to the 80s and 90s, the more popular movies aren't critically acclaimed movies. They were meant to be fun, and have 2hrs of escape. That's how guys like Will Smith and Jim Carrey are as popular as they are now. Now within the past 3 yrs, it seems like if a movie isn't oscar/golden globe warning, or critically acclaimed, it's no good.

With that being said:

The Spirit.

I tried to like this movie, and i don't like calling movies bad. But this wasn't good. I know comic book movies have pretty much dominated the Box office for the past 4yrs, but that doesn't mean every comic book should be brought to the screen. The writing was just cheesy and terrible. All of the acting was over-the-top. And the action scenes were pointless. It was like watching the 1st 2 seasons of Heroes. Nobody dies in this movie, except people that don't contribute to the story. The best thing(s) about this movie was how good Scarlett Johansson and Eva Mendes look. I don't believe Frank Miller thought it was a good idea to do this movie.

Seven Pounds.

This is what got my indy/critic rant started. This movie got so many bad reviews. It really wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. If you look at Will Smith's resume, you're going to be entertained, but you're not going to get a great story. That pretty much sums up the movie. I thought he did a great job acting wise, as did the rest of the cast. It was a decent movie. Nothing stellar. He really needs to work on his role selections. Most of his movies are really all about his character, and most of them don't have a plot.

Yes Man.

This movie surprised me the most. I didn't really want to go see it. I haven't looked forward to a Jim Carrey movie in a very long time. And as much as i love the guy as an actor, i thought the times were unkind for him. Comedy movies for the past few years have gone more R-rated, more towards the Apatow/Kevin Smith/Seth Rogen directions. Which isn't bad, because Knocked Up, Superbad, 40 yr old virgin, Zack and Miri, etc were all quite funny. But Hollywood has gone away from the Jim Carrey/Adam Sandler movies were they have the outrageous, tongue-in-cheek plots.

I digress. This movie was actually pretty good. It wasn't anything laugh out loud funny, but good. Carrey went back to his roots with the over-the-top acting. This was the best movie out of the 3. It's not better than any movie he's done in the 90s.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 12-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #1695
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Spirit.

I tried to like this movie, and i don't like calling movies bad. But this wasn't good. I know comic book movies have pretty much dominated the Box office for the past 4yrs, but that doesn't mean every comic book should be brought to the screen. The writing was just cheesy and terrible. All of the acting was over-the-top. And the action scenes were pointless. It was like watching the 1st 2 seasons of Heroes. Nobody dies in this movie, except people that don't contribute to the story. The best thing(s) about this movie was how good Scarlett Johansson and Eva Mendes look. I don't believe Frank Miller thought it was a good idea to do this movie.

I just don't understand why he tried to make it look so much like Sin City (which I loved). I know it's Miller, but the Spirit comics look NOTHING like Sin City. NOTHING at all. They're very classic.

Quote:
I haven't looked forward to a Jim Carrey movie in a very long time. And as much as i love the guy as an actor, i thought the times were unkind for him. Comedy movies for the past few years have gone more R-rated, more towards the Apatow/
Carrey has the distinction of being in one of my favorite movies ever - Eternal Sunshine.

Thanks for the mini reviews. I was actually wondering about those movies. I was interested to see what seven pounds was about.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #1696
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

saw "marley & me" with my 10 year old on xmas night (it was either that or "bedtime stories" since they pulled "bolt" for all the new xmas movies in the theatres around me). it had funny moments, but wasn't a laugh out loud kinda movie. from the trailers, some of the parts that you think have the potential to be hilarious are glossed over. it was touching, as most non-serial pet stories are. not great, not bad. kinda vanilla. renter.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #1697
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

watched "No Country for Old Men"

It slowly pulled me in...then died with a poor ending.

I need closure and this one missed the boat by a mile!!!

As for the Sherlock Holms - it's the Basel ones. I picked up an 8 DVD set from Half Priced Books for $12...something like 37 episodes...I've watched the first 3 of Disc 1. Pretty fun and entertaining...

I can see where the modern crime detective shows get their formula from.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #1698
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with BBL. Eternal Sunshine is a brilliant movie. I for one have no problem getting excited about Jim Carrey movies.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #1699
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Not great, but very good. I read a review that summed up what I thought. It lets the story get inside your head, but it never lets you get inside Benjamin's mind.
I agree... Good movie. Honestly, I felt it was too long. Would have been a great movie if it was 2-2.5 hours. Just too much story to tell I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
As far as Valkyrie is concerned, please Hollywood, at least give him an accent. Ideally make him speak German.
YES. Did you notice one of the cast used a BRITISH accent?? Ridiculous.

Quote:
watched "No Country for Old Men"

It slowly pulled me in...then died with a poor ending.

I need closure and this one missed the boat by a mile!!!
The ending is what made the movie an Academy award winner. It's also why they named the movie the way they did.

If the movie ended with TLJ blowing the brains out of Javier Bardem, it would have only been a little better than your typical action/thriller.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 12-30-2008 at 01:20 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #1700
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

^ dang you watched Valkyrie too?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:37 PM   #1701
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Stop giving Tom Cruise and Owen Wilson your money, people.

Two more despicable, idiotic, and annoying humans I cannot think of.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #1702
Murphy3
Guru

I like Owen Wilson. So, I won't give my money to you or to Tom Cruise. Does that work?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #1703
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
^ dang you watched Valkyrie too?
Christmas Day.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 12-30-2008, 04:25 PM   #1704
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Owen Wilson is dang funny in Wedding Crashers.

"I'm reading don't kill myself books".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #1705
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Owen Wilson is also great in "bottle rockets" and "the royal tenenbaums".
Old 12-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #1706
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

And I can't believe no one has commented on the wolverine trailer I posted. Aren't we all nerds here?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #1707
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Owen Wilson is also great in "bottle rockets" and "the royal tenenbaums".
OK, I'll give you the royal tenenbaums.

I don't know why, I just can't stand him the vast, vast majority of the time. I hate the way he talks. I hope he and matthew mcconaughey crash their cars into each other and are never heard from again. (or something less deadly, I guess)
Old 12-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #1708
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ok, mcconaughey i completely agree with. Can't think of one movie of his that i really liked (some are neither good nor bad, but i've never really liked one).

going back to wilson - I agree with thig - wedding crashers is great, too.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 12-30-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #1709
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
And I can't believe no one has commented on the wolverine trailer I posted. Aren't we all nerds here?
i'm not going to get my hopes up. If there's one thing you can count on when it comes to fox, they'll disappoint you one way or another. i've already read reports about fox bosses changing the sets behind the director's back to make the movie look more kid-friendly.

~The Salesman
Old 12-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #1710
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Owen owns

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #1711
ty
Diamond Member

Owen was also in Starsky and Hutch.

Owen was also in the Shanghai Knights/Noon movies with Jackie.

Owen was also Lightning McQueen.

Owen also played a minor role in my favorite comedy of all time--Meet the Parents.

Are you entertained??? (<-- Gladiator reference (Owen wasn't in Gladiator))

Old 12-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #1712
Murphy3
Guru

Owen Wilson was also in Behind Enemy Lines.. not great, but somewhat entertaining.
He was in The Minus Man. I thoroughly enjoyed his role in that movie.
He was in The Cable Guy... loved that movie.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:15 PM   #1713
Murphy3
Guru

Let's not bad mouth Matthew McConaughey or however the hell you spell it without pointing out some of his good points....
Dazed and Confused... enough said. That's enough to give the guy a free pass for the rest of his life.
Lone Star... a very, very good movie. He was great in this.
A Time To Kill... maybe not the smartest movie in the world, but very enjoyable.
Contact... solid
Amistad... pretty good
EdTV... enjoyable
U-571...very underrated movie. definitely enjoyed this.
Frailty... one of the freakiest movies made in the past decade
Reign of Fire... a dumb action movie that's enjoyable.
We Are Marshall... somewhat enjoyable if you like plane crashes that kill many people.

Yeah, so what..he's decided to endear himself recently to women. Hey, who could blame him? He's making his millions and women love him. What's the downside for him? No, I don't like him as much as I did in his earlier part of his career, but he's still a somewhat likable goof.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:23 PM   #1714
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Amistand and A Time to Kill are both quality movies. Defintely agree.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 12-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #1715
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I can't get my hopes up for the Wolverine movie because X3 was awful.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-31-2008, 04:31 PM   #1716
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Amistand and A Time to Kill are both quality movies. Defintely agree.
...see Frailty and Lonestar?
Old 12-31-2008, 04:37 PM   #1717
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I've seen Lonestar but it's been a long time. I remember liking it.

Never heard of Frailty.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #1718
Murphy3
Guru

Ahh... check it out... It's a little disturbing.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:15 PM   #1719
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Saying Owen Wilson is annoying is annoying is annoying
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:47 PM   #1720
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Ok - totally forgot about Frailty (really liked that). I also liked reign of fire and dazed and confused, although he wasn't the lead. But his last 5 years or so of movies have been pretty bad.

And Wilson - I loved him in the Shanghai Noon movies (great chemistry with Chan), and his character in meet the parents was
classic.

As for wolverine - I too have low expectations because X3 was awful. But you have to admit that trailer looks pretty sweet. And it's got some good acting talent.

How about another comic movie - watchmen? Anyone seen that preview? And yes, I know the ending is being changed, which may not be a bad thing.

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?