Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #1721
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Colengelo wants to sign and trade Chris Bosh

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...nd_trade_bosh/

Toronto general manager Bryan Colangelo feels as though the team's best course of action is to sign-and-trade Chris Bosh.

Bosh will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2009-10 season, which puts the Raptors in a difficult spot.

"We'll have the discussion, we'll talk about the pros and the cons, he'll most likely not sign it, and then we'll get in to next season, we'll figure out where we are," Colangelo said in an interview with The Fan 590 in Toronto.

"In respect to the situation for him, there will be a handful of teams next year - I'm guessing between five and ten - which will have maximum allowable free agent money, which means Chris is subject to walk to one of those deals. But, I have to reiterate the point that keeps being overlooked - we're the only team that can offer him a full six years versus five years, 10.5% increases versus 8% increases ... Basically equates to a $30 million dollar difference. So, even if he wants to leave, he's still better served, and we're better served if he works a sign-and-trade with us where we can get some sort of an asset back from the team that he's going to. And, I think that's probably the thing that we'll both push for because he'll benefit from it and we'll benefit from it, and that's why it's probably not time to panic now and make a bad deal."

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #1722
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Who are some moderate names? Stars for bad teams are decent players for a top notch team. Ex) Stephen Jackson for the Warriors, and Stephen Jackson for the Spurs. Is RJ a moderate player? If thats the case, then I wouldn't mind getting a player of his caliber on our team in the SG position (Yes, I know he's not a 2 guard, he's just an example)

Stack, Terry and Damp aren't enough to fill in those two positions? I suppose so, but one can hope.

Is Damps value going up next season? If so can someone explain?
I would consider those players well above moderate. That's what we're gonna consider no-brainer deals for Stack. They're not Gasol deals but they're the same kind of idea basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Bobby Simmons - 1 year, ~10.6 owed; maybe something like Stack/George/Williams outgoing, or a Simmons/Najera package for Stack/Carroll/OYC (one-year contract filler).

Larry Hughes - 1 year, ~13.7 owed; unlikely, because Carroll would probably need to be included for salary matching, and I don't think NY would want his contract.

Q. Richardson - 1 year, ~9.4 owed; does NY even care about saving money next year? Isn't Dantoni supposed to like QR? Regardless, Stack/OYC

Tim Thomas - 1 year, ~6.5 owed; Stack straight up

Pietrus/Battie - Battie's an expiring, Pietrus has a few years left. A Stack/Carroll package would work salary-wise. Dallas takes on a bit of 2010 salary, Orlando saves money immediately so they can re-sign Hedo without incurring a tax hit.

Thomas or James and Songaila or Stevenson - again, one expiring, one guy who's comparable to Carroll, so the Stack/Carroll package gets dangled once more. Doesn't really impact the Wizards ability to be competitive and allows them to redistribute some funds, gives Dallas a couple guys who were rotation players at some point in their careers.

Antonio Daniels - 1 year, ~6.6 owed. Stack, straight up.

Mike Miller - 1 year, ~9.8 owed. Stack/OYC. If they really wanted to save immediate money you could always see if they'd bite on Miller/Cardinal for Stack/Carroll/OYC

Earl Watson - 1 year, ~6.6 owed. Stack, straight up.

Matt Harpring - 1 year, ~6.5 owed. Stack, straight up.
That might be what you're actually looking at. Those are moderate players because everyone is in the mindset that we can actually land the players you mentioned or better just for Stack's deal. That might be true, it might not...it just depends on the situation. But if worst comes to worst...you gotta get something for Stack's deal and it might be that.

Damp's contract is kind of like how Stack's is this year, it's not fully guaranteed. I know Stack has a 2 million dollar buyout for his...but it might be even better of a situation for Damp...someone else can fill in the gaps I have with his situation.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:19 PM   #1723
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

So worst case scenario(other than of course doing nothing)is we get a player who gives us 15-20 minutes off the bench-A. Daniels, Tim Thomas, Earl Watson, Harpring- until we can flip their expiring salary. Not sexy but better than nothing.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #1724
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
So worst case scenario(other than of course doing nothing)is we get a player who gives us 15-20 minutes off the bench-A. Daniels, Tim Thomas, Earl Watson, Harpring- until we can flip their expiring salary. Not sexy but better than nothing.
Yup.

It's not Gasol-like in any fashion and that's going to piss off a lot of people on here. We've been told that's the kind of deal we're looking for and if they do something like this as the payoff, it'll just lead to tons of bashing of the FO. But your assessment in bold is how it needs to be seen, maybe on the bench or maybe not.

Either way, it's a player that has some pretty good use for our roster for someone who has very little or no use for the roster...that's an upgrade. You just try to get whatever you can get, just be ready for the lower or more realistic end of it.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #1725
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I actually believe the only way we can get a top name in here this summer is if we trade Damp and Stack's contracts together and possibly still add a piece of talent like Bass. We actually would be the best trade option for any big name on a team that is looking to cut cost. No other team in the league can offer a better money saving package than we can really.

EDIT: YaY! Im finally Golden!

Last edited by Robillion; 06-19-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #1726
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Mark Cuban offered varejao 11mil for 3 years

Quote:
Something called "NBA Web Sportiva'' has the purported interview with the purported quotes purportedly from Varaejao, the frenetic 6-11 big man who is expected to opt out of his $6.2 million deal for next year to instead become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. The question, loosely translated: “I would like to know if these trade rumors are true? Are you going to the Mavericks?’’ Anderson Varejao’s as-quoted answer: “I've had two conversations with Mark Cuban this month and he offered me a three-year deal worth $11 million, but I told him that I would like to stay in Cleveland, unless they do not decide to renew my contract in which case I could evaluate Dallas’ deal.’’ DallasBasketball
CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #1727
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
Mark Cuban offered varejao 11mil for 3 years
or

Quote:
Maybe Cavs big man Anderson Varejao is under the wrong impression. Or maybe it’s a Brazilian media outlet’s error. Or maybe it’s a fanciful internet joke. But there is a story making the rounds that suggests Dallas has already officially started its pursuit of Varejao. …

“And something has obviously been lost in translation,’’ Mavs president Donnie Nelson tells DallasBasketball.com, issuing a strong denial of what he calls "a silly rumor.''

Something called "NBA Web Sportiva'' has the purported interview with the purported quotes purportedly from Varaejao, the frenetic 6-11 big man who is expected to opt out of his $6.2 million deal for next year to instead become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

The question, loosely translated: “I would like to know if these trade rumors are true? Are you going to the Mavericks?’’

Anderson Varejao’s as-quoted answer: “I've had two conversations with Mark Cuban this month and he offered me a three-year deal worth $11 million, but I told him that I would like to stay in Cleveland, unless they do not decide to renew my contract in which case I could evaluate Dallas’ deal.’’

Conversations? That’s conceivable. Specifics? Inconceivable.

“I first heard about all of this (on Thursday), and all of it is ridiculous,’’ Donnie tells DB.com. “I cannot and will not comment on any player in this circumstance. Nor would anyone in our organization do so. I can only say that any such conversation like that with a player would get a team in trouble. There is no sense to it. There is no motivation to do it. It didn’t happen.’’

That doesn’t mean, however, that Varejao wouldn’t be a solid addition looking for an energetic big man. Varejao has been a part-time starter in Cleveland and an important rotation player and is coming off his best season, in which he put up career-bests in points (8.6) and field goal percentage (.536). While not a shot-blocker, he is an active defensive presence, he’s capable of pulling down eight rebounds a game in just 28 minutes per, he's a scrappy fan favorite and he’s only 26 years old.

So on July 1, Anderson Varejao will get a lot of calls. Maybe even one from Dallas.

But not until then.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #1728
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Talking

Cuban tampering would be a great way to start the offseason.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #1729
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
I actually believe the only way we can get a top name in here this summer is if we trade Damp and Stack's contracts together and possibly still add a piece of talent like Bass. We actually would be the best trade option for any big name on a team that is looking to cut cost. No other team in the league can offer a better money saving package than we can really.

EDIT: YaY! Im finally Golden!
I would love a package including Stack and Bass. We would be using our biggest contract asset, and biggest talent asset that we can afford to lose. If Stack and Bass can get us a legitimate starter, hopefully Cuban does it.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #1730
BGMaverick9
Guru

This is from alby's post earlier today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
from yahoo sports

The Nets and Cleveland Cavaliers have discussed Vince Carter again, sources said. As financial losses mount for New Jersey’s ownership, it appears more likely that the Nets will try to move Carter and the two years and $33.6 million left on his deal. The Nets would have to take Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic in return. The Spurs haven’t given up their long-standing pursuit of Carter, but a deal with San Antonio has never gained traction. …
The old Sasha/Ben combo...
I'm really...REALLY surprised no one actually brought this up.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-19-2009 at 11:25 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #1731
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post

The thing is Damp+Stack is more savings than Sasha + Ben. Plus we are not in the same conference as them. Plus we have worked with them before. If VC really is up for grabs, and we do not get him... I think it will actually be because Cuban would not be willing to spend the money. Even for VC.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:36 PM   #1732
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
The thing is Damp+Stack is more savings than Sasha + Ben. Plus we are not in the same conference as them. Plus we have worked with them before. If VC really is up for grabs, and we do not get him... I think it will actually be because Cuban would not be willing to spend the money. Even for VC.
2010/11 is guaranteed for VC, the next year is a team option so it could be just a two year push. He fits the qualifications of having a hefty contract but being all-star caliber player.

It might be that they just hold out a little longer...and that would negate Stackhouse. I could see them moving him after the draft, but if not they'll wait to see how they're doing over the first part of the season and decide if they're buyers or sellers. If they're selling, he's the first to go.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #1733
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Back to the Devin Harris thing for a bit, if the Nets really trade Devin to the Grizzlies for the #2 pick what are the odds of the Grizz keeping Devin?...they already have Mike Conley, Jr. and O. J. Mayo and would have no need for Devin.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:52 PM   #1734
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

They'd have no need for Conley.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #1735
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

If we could somehow get Devin Harris back and keep Jason Kidd I would be beyond ecstatic. I've always said that we traded away half the puzzle to get the other half.. We traded the pupil to obtain the teacher.

Jason Kidd teaching Devin Harris for a season would be awesome for this team's future.

Ahh wishessss...
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #1736
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
They'd have no need for Conley.
Right:
PG - Devin
SG - Mayo
SF - Gay
Old 06-20-2009, 12:02 AM   #1737
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2010/11 is guaranteed for VC, the next year is a team option so it could be just a two year push. He fits the qualifications of having a hefty contract but being all-star caliber player.

It might be that they just hold out a little longer...and that would negate Stackhouse. I could see them moving him after the draft, but if not they'll wait to see how they're doing over the first part of the season and decide if they're buyers or sellers. If they're selling, he's the first to go.
It can't be viewed as a positive that Cleveland is in the market for the same things we are with a similar collection of assets. Sasha/Ben is comparable to Stack/Damp and in a S&T scenario Varejo would probably be more attractive than Bass.

Plus I have no doubt that they'll be aggressive since Lebron basically has a gun to their heads. Actually Dirk has the same leverage but I don't know that he's ruthless enough to use it.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #1738
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
It can't be viewed as a positive that Cleveland is in the market for the same things we are with a similar collection of assets. Sasha/Ben is comparable to Stack/Damp and in a S&T scenario Varejo would probably be more attractive than Bass.

Plus I have no doubt that they'll be aggressive since Lebron basically has a gun to their heads. Actually Dirk has the same leverage but I don't know that he's ruthless enough to use it.
That's all true, but being in the same conference could be an issue. I'm not sure if that's really a legitimate issue for GMs, but it certainly is brought up a lot in the media. If they did that deal...it's a salary dump, there is no way you can say it's a move for talent. So, the idea would be reap the benefits and minimize the blowback...face VC as little as you can, send him West.

Again, this might all be a pie in the sky because it's up to New Jersey. They might feel like they can be competitive and make the playoffs. If they feel like they can, they won't move VC unless it brings in a lot of talent.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #1739
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
If we could somehow get Devin Harris back and keep Jason Kidd I would be beyond ecstatic. I've always said that we traded away half the puzzle to get the other half.. We traded the pupil to obtain the teacher.

Jason Kidd teaching Devin Harris for a season would be awesome for this team's future.

Ahh wishessss...
If the Nets were serious about trading Harris (which I don't believe they are), then it would be for only one reason. The same reason I think we traded him. Injury. The kid misses way too many games due to injury each season. I truly the believe the Nets would have made the playoffs had he not missed those 13 games. That is a big deal.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-20-2009 at 12:19 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #1740
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Cleveland would do ANYTHING for Lebron. I don't know if I can say the same thing for Dallas and Dirk.

Actually, I know I can't.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #1741
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Cleveland would do ANYTHING for Lebron. I don't know if I can say the same thing for Dallas and Dirk.

Actually, I know I can't.
Cleveland isn't doing anything out of the kindness of their hearts. They're doing it because they know (or at least they think) Lebron will leave. If Dirk gave the front office an ultimatum, "get me some help or I'm gone next summer", they'd show the same urgency Danny Ferry is showing.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:48 AM   #1742
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If the Nets were serious about trading Harris (which I don't believe they are), then it would be for only one reason. The same reason I think we traded him. Injury. The kid misses way too many games due to injury each season. I truly the believe the Nets would have made the playoffs had he not missed those 13 games. That is a big deal.
I feel like (and obviously this like everything else in this thread is just talking) that if we took back Harris we could live through his injuries. If we had him, still had Kidd, and still had JJ? My goodness. I had never thought of that before. I really like that. They don't all obviously have to play PG.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #1743
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Quote:
This is another installment of our periodic public service offering wagering odds from bodog.com. As always, these are for informational purposes only.

This time, it's involving the NBA draft, and yes, there are some unusual odds.

For instance:

Who will be the second player drafted in the NBA draft?
Ricky Rubio...................5/6
Hasheem Thabeet...........6/5
Tyreke Evans.................13/2
James Harden.................11/1

Who will be the third player drafted in the NBA draft?
Ricky Rubio................... 5/7
Hasheem Thabeet............ 5/2
Tyreke Evans.................. 5/1
James Harden.................7/1

Who will be the fourth player drafted in the NBA draft?
Tyreke Evans..................5/6
Ricky Rubio......................9/4
James Harden...................5/1
Jrue Holiday........................6/1

The website goes on to give odds for all of the lottery picks.

They also give odds for first North Carolina player taken, first senior, number of point guards to be taken in the first round and first-rounders to be traded on draft night, which by the way is 8.5, indicating that a lot of the wise guys think there is going to be an outrageous amount of movement next Thursday.

--Eddie Sefko
Vegas is never wrong right?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-20-2009, 03:55 AM   #1744
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's not exactly the same. This time it's a Sasha Baron-Cohen/Ben Wallace combo. Sasha is unveiling a new character- "Gortat" -a 7ft. Polish center who tricks unsuspecting GM's into thinking he's worth nearly $40 million!
"King of the Castle"
Old 06-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #1745
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yup.

It's not Gasol-like in any fashion and that's going to piss off a lot of people on here. We've been told that's the kind of deal we're looking for and if they do something like this as the payoff, it'll just lead to tons of bashing of the FO. But your assessment in bold is how it needs to be seen, maybe on the bench or maybe not.

Either way, it's a player that has some pretty good use for our roster for someone who has very little or no use for the roster...that's an upgrade. You just try to get whatever you can get, just be ready for the lower or more realistic end of it.
and as we've noted they were willing to do Stack for Salmons it's just that Sac. was able to unload Brad Miller as well in the Chicago deal. But Sac had to take back Nocioni who doesn't exactly fit. In a way they got fleeced because Miller will have huge value as an expiring contract after this year. They traded away the 2 best players in the deal, the reasonably priced Salmons and expiring Miller. And they're stuck with Nocioni. Gooden left for the Spurs. I'll bet they aren't even saving much money over the life of the deals. Should've at least gotten a draft pick or something, after all they got Chicago within one overtime of the Eastern Conf. finals! I digress. Salmons will not be confused w/an all-star so Cubes is obviously bluffing or whatever he calls it. We'll take the best deal available for Stack. Even if it's Earl Watson...
Old 06-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #1746
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Cleveland isn't doing anything out of the kindness of their hearts. They're doing it because they know (or at least they think) Lebron will leave. If Dirk gave the front office an ultimatum, "get me some help or I'm gone next summer", they'd show the same urgency Danny Ferry is showing.
Right. IMO, Dirk is too loyal to do this though.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #1747
Robillion
Golden Member

Cleveland should just take Shaq off the Suns hand's, us get VC, and then us get Kaman or Camby from the Clippers. The Clippers will have more luck building a whole new team if they cant win with the talent they already have anyways. If Shaq is not with us... I would love to see him out East with Cleveland for entertainment value.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #1748
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

We have to trade Kidd to Portland or somewhere for an expiring player to preserve Cuban's plan for 2010. And I don't think Kaman qualifies as an all-star. If we are lucky, and forego 2010, we'll be able to get ONE all-star through a trade. So the question becomes:

MAVS - Stack + Vince = Championship?
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #1749
Robillion
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4 View Post
We have to trade Kidd to Portland or somewhere for an expiring player to preserve Cuban's plan for 2010. And I don't think Kaman qualifies as an all-star. If we are lucky, and forego 2010, we'll be able to get ONE all-star through a trade. So the question becomes:

MAVS - Stack + Vince = Championship?
Kaman is really the main possibility of someone that still has the chance of making an All Star team. As the main center, I definitely see him on one in the future. That is if he became the main center somewhere. When Randolph and Camby were not there, Kaman averaged nearly 16 pts, 3 blocks, and 13 rbds per game at 25 years old.. that was only a year ago. I am fully convinced that the only reason his numbers are not higher this year was because of the drastic decrease in minutes/role and his injury. You worry about injuries from a 30 your old that take away that many games, but if you see Kaman healthy today then you do not worry as much. He is 26.

Last edited by Robillion; 06-20-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #1750
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

What about Ray Allen?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #1751
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Quote:
Kaman is really the main possibility of someone that still has the chance of making an All Star team. As the main center, I definitely see him on one in the future. That is if he became the main center somewhere. When Randolph and Camby were not there, Kaman averaged nearly 16 pts, 3 blocks, and 13 rbds per game at 25 years old.. that was only a year ago. I am fully convinced that the only reason his numbers are not higher this year was because of the drastic decrease in minutes/role and his injury. You worry about injuries from a 30 your old that take away that many games, but if you see Kaman healthy today then you do not worry as much. He is 26.
Those are pretty serious reasons.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #1752
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
What about Ray Allen?
Didn't you start a new thread with the exact same question?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #1753
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Is there any actual proof to show that our front office is interested in Vince Carter? I don't mean this in a bad way, I'd love to have Carter here. I'm just wondering if there is concrete proof of our interest, or if it's just us on this board that are excited about having him in Dallas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #1754
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

theres no proof of anything. Even the rumor mill is 99.95% conjecture on the part of the sports writer/blogger. Even the hypothetical trades that sports writers throw out there, almost never come to fruition. Just look at the last 20 trade articles and you'll find that not a single significant one came through. Even the day before Gasol was traded to the Lakers, I remember reading an article on how Kobe was actually going to be traded after all the talk.

If we nail someone we get them, when the front office talks, you should be very skeptical a) because they risk being punished for tampering and b) because they arent going to show their cards. Basketball GMing is a poker game with a lot of bull#$ing. When someone at your table complains they have a bad hand you better believe that something is going on. The same if they start celebrating a good hand.

Now if the NBA was like go fish, I could see GMs coming out and publicly asking for players. "do you have any post players?"

As a fan of the squad, its frustrating to have so little to talk about, but its also nice when we are surprised-- its the lack of good moves thats been the worst though.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #1755
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xti-6xB9hPg

This looks like Dirk is considering leaving even if he isn't being ruthless about it.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #1756
BGMaverick9
Guru

Once July 1st comes, the poker game will be over...we'll know who they're targeting. Anything between now and then is purely speculation. Now if they do a trade on draft night, that'll help a little in the sense of we'll possibly have a better idea of what positions they're targeting.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #1757
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

YEAY!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #1758
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Guys how many players do you think we could get for this season? Is it enough to get us an all star?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #1759
TheMaverick
Golden Member

watching that video just makes me so sad. Dirk deserves so much better than what he's been given.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:18 PM   #1760
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

Did anyone see much of James Harden this year? The only games I got to see him in were in the NCAA Tourney where he didn't bother to show up. 1 for 8 against Temple and 2 for 10 against Syracuse for a combined 19 points was pretty underwhelming. He rebounds well and seems to have a good shot, but he strikes me as being somehow unathletic.
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bea > drew > erick, bea arthur could ball, bea arthur has balls, biedrins for the wins, boobsftw, damn bucksuckshot, flaco's purple nipples, mc pee pants?, oliwa?candy, ostertagtag?, tweetweet, who is this mcpants?