Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-02-2018, 06:59 AM   #1
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Not going to happen... God things get silly the last days heading into the draft. We have a top 5 pick...
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Not going to happen... God things get silly the last days heading into the draft. We have a top 5 pick...
It's all poker face right now, but Cuban's quote from good ole Fish is at least worth discussing for fun...

“Yeah, so if I’m working out on the elliptical I’ll be watching video, or I’ll just lay in bed. I’ve got my iPad pro, and I’m just using Synergy Sports. And, I’m just going through literally— I haven’t done (Luka) Doncic yet —but (Marvin) Bagley, (Jaren) Jackson, (Wendell) Carter ... whatever they’ve played in college I’ve watched every single possession so far. Not just some highlights. Every single possession.”

He mentions only big men with Carter right in there. Every possession.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:37 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It's all poker face right now, but Cuban's quote from good ole Fish is at least worth discussing for fun...

“Yeah, so if I’m working out on the elliptical I’ll be watching video, or I’ll just lay in bed. I’ve got my iPad pro, and I’m just using Synergy Sports. And, I’m just going through literally— I haven’t done (Luka) Doncic yet —but (Marvin) Bagley, (Jaren) Jackson, (Wendell) Carter ... whatever they’ve played in college I’ve watched every single possession so far. Not just some highlights. Every single possession.”

He mentions only big men with Carter right in there. Every possession.
Lies, lies, lies. He’s not going to tell the world which players he’s most interested in right before the draft... Also, doesn’t he pay someone else to do that? Do we not have a scouting department?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-02-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #4
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Lies, lies, lies. He’s not going to tell the world which players he’s most interested in right before the draft... Also, doesn’t he pay someone else to do that? Do we not have a scouting department?
One would hope so. Then again, they've drafted about two or three viable NBA players in the last 20 or so years...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's the curious case of MPJ this draft as you have no clue where he'll be picked. I see him going anywhere from 4-14 with the way mocks are going, although I'm still weary of the BSPN stuff. Even Woj can be corrupted by them.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:09 AM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Can Michael Porter Jr. help rescue Mavs from their scoring woes?
https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/...woes-118586752

Quote:
While playing for the Raiders, Porter's coach was none other than former Portland Trailblazers star Brandon Roy, who's NBA career was derailed by injury (a legitimate concern Porter shares that we will get to later). Under Roy's tutelage, Porter averaged 36.2 points and 13.6 boards, en route to a perfect 29-0 record, and a state title.
Standing 6-10.75 and weighing in at 215 pounds, and boasting a 7-0.25 wingspan, his physical profile is outstanding. With almost the same height and length as Giannis Antetokounmpo, Porter has the skills to potentially guard four different positions on the floor, and maybe even some small-ball 5s if he develops some more aggression, and adds some additional muscle to his frame.
In game situations, Porter never lets a bad play affect him on either end of the court. If he gets torched as a defender, he has no problem recovering on the other end and hitting a big shot. Likewise, if he gives up a turnover, or shoots a bad shot, his effort on the defensive end doesn't shift, which is a rare trait in young players.
The Dallas Mavericks need a lot of help of the offensive end of the floor, and Porter is one of the few offensive-minded players in this draft who can come in and fit seamlessly into any offensive system that he is asked to. He is the kind of player whom, as soon as he sets foot on an NBA court, could be asked to be the team's primary scorer, and he could do it in a variety of ways. With Dallas, and alongside scorers like Harrison Barnes and Dennis Smith Jr., Porter wouldn't necessarily have to be the alpha scorer from day one, and would be given more time to develop that part of his game as the season went on, with the idea that, by the end of the 2018-19 season, he is to the Mavericks what Jayson Tatum was to the Celtics. If you watch Tatum in this year's playoffs, that's an exciting proposition.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #7
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Lame ass hype article with HS stats.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:06 PM   #8
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Lame ass hype article with HS stats.
You say that as if I quoted the entire article -- the fact that he was coached by Brandon Roy in high school was the notable part, not his stats... The article went beyond the numbers anyway, from strengths/weaknesses that you can see on tape, to how/why he would fit the Mavs... But it's pretty clear that you only read the first line I quoted and didn't bother to click the link, otherwise you'd know it was far from being a "hype article."

Quote:
Obviously, the big knock against Porter is the injury history with his back. Ask anyone with a back injury, and they might tell you that potential for lingering issues is a real thing. The idea of this has the potential to scare off a number of teams picking in the top 8-10 picks, and given Porter's unwillingness to participate in the combine, and stinginess with his medical details, you can see why.
Porter has a few knocks against him as well, most notable among those being his physicality. There are too many cases of Porter either being pushed off of his spots or denied in the lane when he should be finishing with strength. As a result, he tends to avoid taking contact when he can, settling for a more difficult shot than he should. He also has been known to be pushed around a bit of the defensive end of the floor by more physical players as well, which could be a big concern at the professional level. Porter's struggles as an elite ball-handler in halfcourt situations can also be attributed to his struggles in getting to rim, which also leads the some of those bad shots we mentioned before.
Some of the most lofty of those comparisons, are to none other than Kevin Durant, who has been arguably the second-best player in the world over the last 10 years. The Porter-to-Durant comparison seems ridiculous. Durant is taller, much more athletic, and was a much more versatile and proven scorer coming out of college.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-02-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Just purchased my $5 Summer League Pass. Mavs, you better not trade away the pick and sit Smith
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #10
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Not willing to participate in the combine and not willing to give up his medicals means a hard pass for the Mavs and a lot of other teams IMO. We'll see if he eases up on that as the draft nears, but it's not worth if it he is hiding things.

Old 06-02-2018, 04:52 PM   #11
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Not willing to participate in the combine and not willing to give up his medicals means a hard pass for the Mavs and a lot of other teams IMO. We'll see if he eases up on that as the draft nears, but it's not worth if it he is hiding things.
Yeah, I have no interest in Porter unless the Mavs medical staff clears him. I think that's a given... But he did get his surgery in Dallas from a surgeon who works with the Cowboys, so I wonder if the Mavs already have an idea of what's up with his health. It wouldn't shock me at all to learn that he withheld his medicals so that nobody picks him before Dallas... It also wouldn't shock me to learn that his back is still messed up and he'll never be the same player again... But I'll keep projecting his upside until the docs say otherwise.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-02-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #12
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I have no interest in Porter unless the Mavs medical staff clears him. I think that's a given... But he did get his surgery in Dallas from a surgeon who works with the Cowboys, so I wonder if the Mavs already have an idea of what's up with his health. It wouldn't shock me at all to learn that he withheld his medicals so that nobody picks him before Dallas... It also wouldn't shock me to learn that his back is still messed up and he'll never be the same player again... But I'll keep projecting his upside until the docs say otherwise.
I can definitely see this being true. Wouldn't be surprised if we give/ gave him a promise and/or that he's selectively shopping his medical records around.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:36 PM   #13
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I can definitely see this being true. Wouldn't be surprised if we give/ gave him a promise and/or that he's selectively shopping his medical records around.
My feeling, based on zero actual evidence/information, is that this scenario is more wishing vs. probable. I consider it highly unlikely that this is the case.

More than likely, he is simply not in a place where he can confidently disclose.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:30 PM   #14
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default *RUMOR* Celtics want to trade for Mavs number 5 pick

Hot rumor Celtics want the Mavs number 5 pick. I have heard Jalen Brown plus the 27th pick in the draft plus next years Celtics number one .

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-02-2018 at 07:45 PM.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

***according to bad rumors****

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-02-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #16
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC View Post
Hot rumor Celtics want the Mavs number 5 pick. I have heard Jalen Brown plus the 27th pick in the draft plus next years Celtics number one .
Sorry, had to merge your thread with this one -- that news is 3 days old now... Twitter has been savaging Fish for the last couple days over his suggestion that the Mavs could counter by asking for Tatum instead of Brown... This rumor has run its cycle.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:54 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC View Post
What are our thoughts on this rumor now
Old 07-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Derp.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:15 PM   #19
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:

I still don’t think it was ever a legit rumor. I don’t think they even considered giving up Brown. I do think they want a do over with Robert Williams at 27 though. That kid is a top notch dumbass and will likely be out of the league before his rookie contract is up.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:40 PM   #20
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
I still don’t think it was ever a legit rumor. I don’t think they even considered giving up Brown. I do think they want a do over with Robert Williams at 27 though. That kid is a top notch dumbass and will likely be out of the league before his rookie contract is up.

He makes Nerlens Noel look like a Rhodes Scholar.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #21
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Lol at Tatum for 5. Why wouldn’t they just trade him for #1. Assuming they want someone soooo bad at 5 they’d trade Tatum for him. Which is laughable.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #22
mac222b
Diamond Member

I’d do Brown, Rozier and Sacs 1st next year, in a heartbeat. Especially if you think you can flip Wes, Rozier and our 1st next year for Beal, Oubre and a bad contract. Just dreaming...
Old 06-02-2018, 09:53 PM   #23
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

It wont happen. Boston wont give up Brown and other teams wont take a Rozier/Sac/Grizz-Pick package...
Old 06-02-2018, 10:10 PM   #24
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I think the point is that we shouldn't trade the pick unless we are truly blown away by the offer. Especially if it involves those fkin asset hoarding celtics who took a rondo sized shit on us in the last trade.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:34 PM   #25
tap2390
Diamond Member

Potential pick at #33 Moritz Wagner says “Dirk was my MJ.”

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/02/mor...-was-possible/
Old 06-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

18 days
Old 06-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Fish is the literal worst

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-03-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:57 AM   #28
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2nd that.
I feel this is a really deep draft - time to buy additional picks.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:38 PM   #29
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What did that clown say now?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:39 PM   #30
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I don't care about him posting BS about the Mavs as he is one of the few that at least attempts to cover the them in depth.

The twitter stuff is just awful. The world would be a better place if twitter just spontaneously combusted.

I don't know who started the stupid ass 5th pick to the Celtics, but boy he is just throwing gas on something that is IMO nothing.

I bet half the league has called about the 5th pick. Tough. Mavs earned that shizzle.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #31
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:

Pretty much the only thing in this thread we all agree on.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #32
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Pretty much the only thing in this thread we all agree on.
+1

Old 06-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #33
sefant77
Guru

Reading some Celtics boards and had to laugh.

So many ppl claiming Rozier+Sac pick (often not even the Mem pick included) would be such a good trade for Dallas or Memphis
Old 06-03-2018, 09:46 PM   #34
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Reading some Celtics boards and had to laugh.

So many ppl claiming Rozier+Sac pick (often not even the Mem pick included) would be such a good trade for Dallas or Memphis
Rozier is DSJ lite.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #35
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Rozier is DSJ lite.
And Mavs and Grizzlies have a strong need at PG
Old 06-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #36
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

I could see both teams not wanting to do Brown for #5. The two clubs are in different positions and have different needs.

The Mavericks need to get a biggest star they can out of the pick no matter the risk, while the Celtics need to not take a risk and go with the surer thing.
minkbarn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:21 AM   #37
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

None of the Top5 Teams will trade their Pick since there are potentially 5 Superstars in the Draft pending Porters Medical.

The Offer would Need to be crazy good especially for the Mavs who can use any of the Bigs and Doncic.

The only way i see the Mavs even considering Trading is if Ayton, Bagley, Bamba and Doncic go 1-4 and Porters Medical Comes back negative.

Even than they might think about Jaren Jackson at 5.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:06 AM   #38
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Unfollowed Fish a long time ago and my twitter experience has been tons better. Guy is a hack.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:52 PM   #39
Underdog

@tim_cato: I'm told the Mavericks would be "unlikely to do the (Jaylen) Brown deal in any scenario," given how many prospects they like in the 3-8 range

Old 06-04-2018, 06:10 PM   #40
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
@tim_cato: I'm told the Mavericks would be "unlikely to do the (Jaylen) Brown deal in any scenario," given how many prospects they like in the 3-8 range
Nice. That’s how you gain leverage to get one of those 2019 picks too. We would be stupid to refuse a deal for Brown, #27, and a 2019 first unless we’re convinced Bamba is a healthier Embiid.