Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #1721
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Is Greg Monroe attainable?

Smoove and Drummond make a good 4-5 combo and they probably want to pay Drummond who is a real freak.

Could we get Monroe with a first, Marion and taking back a guy like Jerebko (4.5m with player option next year).

Marion is a fit with Smoove and gives them cap relief next year.

Monroe would be on par with Pek IMO.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 07-07-2013 at 04:59 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #1722
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post

Smoove and Drummond make a good 4-5 combo and they probably want to pay Drummond who is a real freak.

Could we get Monroe with a first, Marion and taking back a little extra salary?

In a word yes and no, Monroe I would guess is available at the right price (Rondo for example) but not for the assets the mavs have.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #1723
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:

Could we get Monroe with a first, Marion and taking back a guy like Jerebko (4.5m with player option next year).

Come on Rabbit, you're a great, knowledgeable poster, that's not even a remotely realistic trade scenario... Monroe is one of the better young bigs in the league, and perfectly capable of playing PF and C. Even if they start Smith at PF, Monroe will back up both positions, but i think he would start before Drummond... I think the idea is that they want to grow them together, and play Smith at SF. He might be available for young premier perimeter talent, or a likely top 5 pick next year. Might be, not even sure about that. We do not have a single asset they would be interested in, not for Monroe anyway.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 07-07-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #1724
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:

Don't tease me about getting Monroe. He's one of my new favorite players in the league.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #1725
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Any word on if we have talked to Morrow? I'd like to see him back.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #1726
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Any word on if we have talked to Morrow? I'd like to see him back.
I've heard that like 10 teams have spoken to him and I didn't see the Mavs on that list.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #1727
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to all

I really want Morrow back as well. I think he is a great fit. Hopefully the Mavericks can make it happen.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:36 AM   #1728
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Alright.. Corey Brewer is still free. Sigh him back already. I want the reunion.

Last edited by yahyes; 07-08-2013 at 03:36 AM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #1729
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Alright.. Corey Brewer is still free. Sigh him back already. I want the reunion.
there's a reason he still is.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #1730
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
there's a reason he still is.
Wanting too much money?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #1731
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Wanting too much money?
He's still a limited player.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #1732
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
In a word yes and no, Monroe I would guess is available at the right price (Rondo for example) but not for the assets the mavs have.
That's three words!

But yea Monroe can't be had for what we can offer. I'm inclined to think there are better offers than Marion/Larkin/1st out there.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #1733
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
He can help the mavs with rebounding, defense, athleticism. All categories they are lacking severely in.

I'm much more into the 2011 mavs approach (they are calling it the Denver approach though). Strength in numbers. I think Devin/Calderon fit nicely in that. Add Brewer in that mix as well IMO.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #1734
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

The mavs also need some scoring help and that is never cheap.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #1735
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
He can help the mavs with rebounding, defense, athleticism. All categories they are lacking severely in.

I'm much more into the 2011 mavs approach (they are calling it the Denver approach though). Strength in numbers. I think Devin/Calderon fit nicely in that. Add Brewer in that mix as well IMO.
Yeah, for the right price, Brewer could be an excellent fit... He definitely has some limitations, especially in when it comes to offense, but he's a good defender. Although I like him better at the 2 than the 3, seeing as how he's a poor rebounder.

I know Carlisle had high hopes for him before he was traded.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-08-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #1736
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
That's three words!

But yea Monroe can't be had for what we can offer. I'm inclined to think there are better offers than Marion/Larkin/1st out there.
We can't offer our first
Old 07-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #1737
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd still sign him over, lets say, Jermaine O'Neal.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #1738
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit confused as to what the Mavs are doing. Is it really time to add 30 something year old PG's?... O'Neal the aging and broken down center? What else? If your plan is to fill this roster with as many decent 30 something year old players to make this team a #7 or #8 seed.. I'd rather the team just take fliers on younger guys and hope that someone develops and can play a role in the future.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #1739
marc9211

marc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I'm a bit confused as to what the Mavs are doing. Is it really time to add 30 something year old PG's?... O'Neal the aging and broken down center? What else? If your plan is to fill this roster with as many decent 30 something year old players to make this team a #7 or #8 seed.. I'd rather the team just take fliers on younger guys and hope that someone develops and can play a role in the future.
Yea I agree however Harris has plenty of time left if we can land Bynum that's some youth.
marc9211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #1740
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
My first thought once we missed on Dwight was tank. Wasn't happening so next I thought was to take chances on young talent. That's not happening either so now I've accepted the fact they are just trying to piece together a 6-8 seed playoff team and now my suggestions fit that scenario which I don't endorse.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #1741
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You make a solid point. I really hope our whole team isn't made up of past their prime veterans.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #1742
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I really hope our whole team isn't made up of past their prime veterans.
Like in 2011...?

(I kid - those past-their-prime veterans were more talented than the bunch we're collecting now)

Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #1743
moogle

moogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to all

Quote:
I'm a bit confused as to what the Mavs are doing. Is it really time to add 30 something year old PG's?...
Deron Williams is only 1 year younger than Devin Harris. Devin Harris is the same age now as Steve Nash was when he re-joined Phoenix in 2004. Jose Calderon is only 18 months older. When Calderon's 4-year contract is over, he'll be the same age as Jason Kidd was when we re-acquired him in 2008.

Really. 30 is not "old" for point guards.
moogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #1744
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Like in 2011...?

(I kid - those past-their-prime veterans were more talented than the bunch we're collecting now)
I don't think Dirk can carry this bunch...especially without Terry. We have two massive holes right now...one in rebounding and one concerning a second scorer. But hey, the summer is still relatively young. I'll hold out some hope for a bit longer.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #1745
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogle View Post
Deron Williams is only 1 year younger than Devin Harris. Devin Harris is the same age now as Steve Nash was when he re-joined Phoenix in 2004. Jose Calderon is only 18 months older. When Calderon's 4-year contract is over, he'll be the same age as Jason Kidd was when we re-acquired him in 2008.

Really. 30 is not "old" for point guards.
Guys age differently. Whether its because their bodies break down at a different rate or just their game lends itself to lasting a long time regardless of athletic ability.
To compare two completely different athletes just by their age is foolhardy. By that logic Bynum or Brandon roy should have close to another decade left in the nba.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #1746
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. At this point, it's looking like Dallas will have the oldest starting lineup in the NBA. that's horrible future planning. The Calderon signing on it's own I like (since we'll eventually use the stretch provision on him) especially since we signed Larkin and Mekel as well. The Harris signing just seems bizarre to me. Could have just signed Morrow and had him and VC (and maybe even give Ledo some limited floor time) split the minutes.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #1747
moogle

moogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to all

Quote:
Guys age differently. Whether its because their bodies break down at a different rate or just their game lends itself to lasting a long time regardless of athletic ability.
To compare two completely different athletes just by their age is foolhardy. By that logic Bynum or Brandon roy should have close to another decade left in the nba.

You can't talk about age without talking about position. 30 is kinda old for a swingman. For a center or a point guard, it's not that old. It really isn't. There are a whole bunch of point guards out there who remain very effective at age 33-34.

Also, the decline of Bynum & Roy has nothing to do with age at all. There's no reason to even bring them into this conversation.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #1748
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Harris is wry frequently injured
Old 07-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #1749
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Agree wholeheartedly. The fact is the majority of NBA players peak between the ages of 24 and 27. Only the most elite players stay productive past 30 while the vast majority have a pretty quick falloff after the age of 30.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #1750
Underdog

Quote:
If I'm understanding you correctly, then using age as a predictor for individual performance has absolutely no value, right?

Old 07-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #1751
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
You can't talk about age without talking about position. 30 is kinda old for a swingman. For a center or a point guard, it's not that old. It really isn't. There are a whole bunch of point guards out there who remain very effective at age 33-34.

Also, the decline of Bynum & Roy has nothing to do with age at all. There's no reason to even bring them into this conversation.
So, they'll sold right about the time the team is hopefully turning it around? awesome.... I gulley expect Calderon to have some good years left in him... Just unsure about the direction of this team

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-08-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #1752
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
You can't talk about age without talking about position. 30 is kinda old for a swingman.
Carter, Kobe, Joe Johnson, Terry, Tony Allen, Gerald Wallace, Ray Allen, Wade, Paul Pierce, Ginobili say hi.

Last edited by oilfieldtrash; 07-08-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #1753
Underdog

Quote:
Harris is wry frequently injured
That's always been the knock on him - he hasn't played over 70 games in a season since 06-07.

But he might be okay in limited minutes... Calrisle's rotations have a knack for giving injury-prone guys some longevity.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #1754
moogle

Quote:
Carter, Kobe, Joe Johnson, Terry, Tony Allen, Gerald Wallace, Ray Allen, Wade, Paul Pierce, Ginobili say hi.

Old doesn't mean "not good". And really, you're just proving my point that people over 30 can still be very productive.

Try again.

Last edited by moogle; 07-08-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #1755
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
By thirty-something year old point guards, do you mean a 20 year-old, a 25 year-old, a 30 year-old and a 31 year-old? I really don't get the complaint here. It's not an old rotation. You could probably keep those same four guys and be very comfortably set at the position for the next three years at least.

As for the rest of it, I think it's pretty obvious what they're aiming for, and that's Bynum. What they do if they can't close on him or decide he's not worth the risk remains an open question.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 07-08-2013 at 11:37 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #1756
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
If I'm understanding you correctly, then using age as a predictor for individual performance has absolutely no value, right?
Learn to read better.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #1757
Underdog

Quote:
Learn to read better.
Learn to communicate better... Your words:

Quote:
Guys age differently.
End of discussion - age is but a number...

Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #1758
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
By thirty-something year old point guards, do you mean a 20 year-old, a 25 year-old, a 30 year-old and a 31 year-old? I really don't get the complaint here. It's not an old rotation. You could probably keep those same four guys and be very comfortably set at the position for the next three years at least.

As for the rest of it, I think it's pretty obvious what they're aiming for, and that's Bynum. What they do if they can't close on him or decide he's not worth the risk remains an open question.
JC is 32 but I agree. Even that's not "old" for a PG. I have no idea why certain folks (not necessarily DM folks) keep saying that he's too old for a four-year deal. He's not a seven-footer who takes physical abuse every game.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #1759
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
JC is 32 but I agree. Even that's not "old" for a PG. I have no idea why certain folks (not necessarily DM folks) keep saying that he's too old for a four-year deal. He's not a seven-footer who takes physical abuse every game.
Technically still 31. He will be 32 on opening day, though.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #1760
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Technically still 31. He will be 32 on opening day, though.
Ah yes, I misread. Apologies.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cad von ghostymooglebane, moogleghostfacechamp, ummmm