Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-17-2024, 05:00 PM   #1721
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

THJ was about to launch a full court shot with his spazzing ass
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2024, 05:00 PM   #1722
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to all

Fucking KYRIE!!!!
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 05:02 PM   #1723
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Kyrie the left handdddddddddddd
Old 03-17-2024, 05:05 PM   #1724
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Just like Kidd drew it up. A left handed floater from the free throw line by Kyrie for the win.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 05:11 PM   #1725
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always glad for a win against a tough team, but the Maxi/THJ situation is absolutely red alert untenable. THJ doesn't even want to play anymore. Why keep doing it?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 05:12 PM   #1726
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Saw on twitter: maxi has scored 11 points in his last 160 minutes.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:36 PM   #1727
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

And listen, holding off to win a game after the opposing team came back is HUGE. Maybe this finally gets the monkey off their back.

Teams make runs...especially against us. All the matters is that you scored more than they did when it matters.

Old 03-17-2024, 06:39 PM   #1728
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

We also had 59 rebounds. When was the last time you saw that?

Old 03-17-2024, 06:48 PM   #1729
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
We also had 59 rebounds. When was the last time you saw that?
it seemed like every rebound was falling to the mavs. i know what it feels like all too well to be on the other side. last time mavs had more than 21 offensive rebounds was 2004.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:30 PM   #1730
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I'd like to call out the 13 pt collapse where we needed Lukai back to back magic. Denver hit some lucky ish 3s and we had a cpl tough calls go against us.

We played solid defense and did not live and die by the 3 ball. That approach has alway tanked us.

Gafford and lively are feeding off each others effort.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 03-17-2024 at 08:31 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 08:37 PM   #1731
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
As much as I'd like to call out the 13 pt collapse where we needed Lukai back to back magic. Denver hit some lucky ish 3s and we had a cpl tough calls go against us.

We played solid defense and did not live and die by the 3 ball. That approach has alway tanked us.

Gafford and lively are feeding off each others effort.
Amazing that our centers are absolutely key to winning games. Funny how that happens...

Gafford takes a ton of pressure off of Lively to perform. It's a perfect combo.

Old 03-17-2024, 09:11 PM   #1732
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Amazing that our centers are absolutely key to winning games. Funny how that happens...

Gafford takes a ton of pressure off of Lively to perform. It's a perfect combo.
Yup!

Old 03-18-2024, 09:34 AM   #1733
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

We have a pretty easy schedule to close the season, but we know Kidd will have something to say about that.

Otherwise, we are playing well and should do well here out til the playoffs.

Old 03-18-2024, 10:22 AM   #1734
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs vs. Nuggets team stats
3pt% - Mavs 25.7% Nuggs 43%
Rebounds - Mavs 60 Nuggs 37
Pts in the Paint Mavs - 62 Nuggs 38

While I understand the complaints regarding PJ shooting 3s, it seems to me that is all by design. That is the JKidd designed offense. Either Kidd needs to adapt to PJs strenghts or you should look to trade him in the offseason for a perimeter shooter. I guess the third option is for PJ to work on his perimeter game during the offseason and hope he can develop a better shot. PJ collected 11 rebounds and the Mavs kept the Nuggets to 105 pts. Personally, I can live with his poor shooting. All is good.
Old 03-18-2024, 10:29 AM   #1735
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah, I don't really care as much about PJs shooting if he is defending and rebounding. THJ should take notes on what to do when your shot isn't falling...

I think the bigger issue is that the team is now mostly healthy and guys are trying to find their niche this late in the season.

Gafford fits in perfectly because we desperately needed a rebounding center. Luka can just spoon him him lobs as well. He has a simpler job.

PJ has kinda the same issue that Grant Williams had. The roster makeup is the main issue versus the actual player. Mainly because we need defense more than anything.

But because PJ isn't making threes, it has forced the team to win in other ways. I see that as a good thing...for now.

Old 03-18-2024, 04:24 PM   #1736
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Mavs vs. Nuggets team stats
3pt% - Mavs 25.7% Nuggs 43%
Rebounds - Mavs 60 Nuggs 37
Pts in the Paint Mavs - 62 Nuggs 38

While I understand the complaints regarding PJ shooting 3s, it seems to me that is all by design. That is the JKidd designed offense. Either Kidd needs to adapt to PJs strenghts or you should look to trade him in the offseason for a perimeter shooter. I guess the third option is for PJ to work on his perimeter game during the offseason and hope he can develop a better shot. PJ collected 11 rebounds and the Mavs kept the Nuggets to 105 pts. Personally, I can live with his poor shooting. All is good.

My issue is him settling for those 3's way too often.

Look at DJJ he'll atleast look to attack the rim or move without the ball for a lob dunk.

PJ just seems like he's content hoisting those brick 3's

I've said this a few times already dude has the skill set to be used more like Arron Gordon on offense. Go back and wTch how Gordon got his buckets off movement setup by Jokic passes.

Luka and Kyrie could spoon feed PJ more but for some reason dude is being a stationery player like Reggie Bullock or DFS

And to make matters he's a terrible shooter like 29% in Dallas so far. I hope he doesn't continue to try and shoot his way out it because that's a mistake. Put the ball floor or move without the ball to generate your offense

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-18-2024 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2024, 06:46 PM   #1737
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
My issue is him settling for those 3's way too often.

Look at DJJ he'll atleast look to attack the rim or move without the ball for a lob dunk.

PJ just seems like he's content hoisting those brick 3's

I've said this a few times already dude has the skill set to be used more like Arron Gordon on offense. Go back and wTch how Gordon got his buckets off movement setup by Jokic passes.

Luka and Kyrie could spoon feed PJ more but for some reason dude is being a stationery player like Reggie Bullock or DFS

And to make matters he's a terrible shooter like 29% in Dallas so far. I hope he doesn't continue to try and shoot his way out it because that's a mistake. Put the ball floor or move without the ball to generate your offense
Advanced stats actually show PJ and Gordon are pretty similar. Got these from Mavsboard.com although I don't know if they are for the whole season or since he became a Maverick...

PJ Washington 31.6 MPG
119.3 ORTG
111.8 DRTG
7.5 NetRTG
+5.3
10.6 PPG / 5.8 REB / 0.9 BLK
40/25/65 shooting splits

Aaron Gordon 31.4 MPG
119.3 ORTG
111.0 DRTG
8.3 NetRTG
+5.7
13.8 PPG / 6.4 REB / 0.6 BLK
56/28/65 shooting splits

Very similar? PJ just needs to start shooting it better. Career shooting splits 45/35/71

Old 03-18-2024, 07:30 PM   #1738
SMC0007
Guru

PJ just needs to mix it up more. I don't think he always settles for 3s, just needs to make sure he is in the flow of the game and use some fakes and drive hard. He has handles enough to get to the lane.

I'm good as long as he's defending and rebounding his ass off...which he is. He has more offense than DFS and he's a better and more versatile defender. So I'll take that trade off for the 3pt %.

Old 03-19-2024, 09:39 AM   #1739
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Trap game today. Spurs have been playing better ball lately. Don't take it for granted Mr. Kidd. Get your team ready to play!

Luckily, Luka and Dante are probable.

Old 03-19-2024, 02:51 PM   #1740
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna have to shoot threes to win this or get Wemby in foul trouble. Since the ASB, Wemby is averaging 22pts, 12reb, 5ast, 5blks, and 2steals. Dude has been really good defensively.

If Luka can drive and kick and his man can make threes, then we're good, but the Mavs also have a way of collapsing like a flan in a cupboard when they get shut down inside and the threes don't fall.

Gonna take a big midrange game from Kyrie too.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 07:06 PM   #1741
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Advanced stats actually show PJ and Gordon are pretty similar. Got these from Mavsboard.com although I don't know if they are for the whole season or since he became a Maverick...

PJ Washington 31.6 MPG
119.3 ORTG
111.8 DRTG
7.5 NetRTG
+5.3
10.6 PPG / 5.8 REB / 0.9 BLK
40/25/65 shooting splits

Aaron Gordon 31.4 MPG
119.3 ORTG
111.0 DRTG
8.3 NetRTG
+5.7
13.8 PPG / 6.4 REB / 0.6 BLK
56/28/65 shooting splits

Very similar? PJ just needs to start shooting it better. Career shooting splits 45/35/71

That 56% vs 40% is why I said he should be launching less three's and looking to score more like Gordon closer to the basket

That's why AG shoots 56% overall because he'll catch lobs or do more work inside as opposed to PJ.

That connection AG has with Jokic around the basket is what we should eventually hope PJ developers with Luka and Kyrie

Less 3's and more setup buckets for him inside or driving the ball.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:32 PM   #1742
SMC0007
Guru

Some BS Maxi lineups about to take place?

Old 03-19-2024, 07:35 PM   #1743
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
That 56% vs 40% is why I said he should be launching less three's and looking to score more like Gordon closer to the basket

That's why AG shoots 56% overall because he'll catch lobs or do more work inside as opposed to PJ.

That connection AG has with Jokic around the basket is what we should eventually hope PJ developers with Luka and Kyrie

Less 3's and more setup buckets for him inside or driving the ball.
Eventually is the key. PJ is 3 years younger and just got here from a shyte team.

Old 03-19-2024, 08:25 PM   #1744
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs are 28th in 3pt% and shooting 40% from three as a team
Old 03-19-2024, 08:27 PM   #1745
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I do not get NBA reffing

Just always seems like other teams get to do things and we don?t
Old 03-19-2024, 08:31 PM   #1746
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

11-2 run out of the half when Kidd should be making adjustments
Old 03-19-2024, 08:34 PM   #1747
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Eventually is the key. PJ is 3 years younger and just got here from a shyte team.
Hopefully

But AG is more skilled than PJ.

I just want PJ to become more efficient and in order to do that he has to dial back the 3's and shoot a little better and more consistent closer to the rim like Gordon.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:35 PM   #1748
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Luka, buddy, we need you to score at least 20% of your shots. Great passing but we need your points.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:42 PM   #1749
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Kyrie is very efficient tonight

He needs more shots
Old 03-19-2024, 08:50 PM   #1750
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to all

It's the 4th quarter and we yet again have Maxi and THJ in the game. Kidd doesn't learn.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:56 PM   #1751
blessednegr0

We can't make this up. THJ and Kleber kill the momentum on offense and do not provide anything defensively. Not only that, they do not rebound.... This is crazy. Just like that, lead gone. We are going to win against high caliber teams with this as the closing 4th quarter line up.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:58 PM   #1752
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Not watching, but looks like Luka is trying to build a house tonight.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 09:04 PM   #1753
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Mavs need to let Kyrie become the closer tonight

He's the only guy who make shots this game.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:07 PM   #1754
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Lol

What kind of defense was that by Luka

Sean Elliot highlighted that play and Luka was just watching his man go right to the basket
Old 03-19-2024, 09:10 PM   #1755
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Kidd almost lost his damn mind

He had Kleber, PJ and THJ all on the floor together. 3 brick shooters 😂
Old 03-19-2024, 09:15 PM   #1756
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Why would you do anything else besides get the hell out of Kyrie's way on offense?

Dude has been cooking just let him take you home
Old 03-19-2024, 09:33 PM   #1757
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Nice to see Exum back to form.

This game went as expected with how the Spurs have been playing lately. At least Maxi made a f'in shot.

Old 03-19-2024, 09:35 PM   #1758
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Nice to win a game where Luka(6/27) had maybe the worst shooting night of his life. Years past we didn?t have the ammunition to win this. Kyrie has been playing MVP basketball recently. What a revelation.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:04 PM   #1759
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Luka, buddy, we need you to score at least 20% of your shots. Great passing but we need your points.
Or Exum can complete Luka?s 30
Old 03-19-2024, 11:03 PM   #1760
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Tied with the Kings for the 6th seed. Barring some Kiddtastrophe, we should be able to avoid the play-in.

Tags
copenhagen, straight jacket?, unfresh jive