Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #1881
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
I agree. We definitely have the pieces... it will be up to NJ and LAC
it is up to Mavs management first. Then up to NJ and LAC, then they will ask for Dirk and then our mgmt will say they asked for too much instead of trying to negotiate any further.

Last edited by Robillion; 06-23-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #1882
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Dlord was right, someone had fun. Its BS.
I'd say it was you having fun.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #1883
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

An offseason that isnt so unrealistic:
Re-sign Bass and Kidd

Trade Stack+Williams+George+pick or cash to Milwaukee for Jefferson. They have to move contracts to resign Sessions/Villa and to save. Jefferson is overpaid. Stacks buyout for 5 mio is our advantage. Jefferson will fit easy into Dallas game thanks to his years with Kidd.

Sterling goes back cheap and dump Kaman since no one take Baron or Zach. Trade Kaman for Damp+pick/cash. Maybe throw Barea in. If Clippers draft Thabeet at #3 i can see them going for a year Camby/Thabeet and then just Thabeet, no need for Kaman anymore.

Kidd
Josh/Terry
Jefferson/Josh
Dirk/Bass
Kaman/Hollins
My post from 14th may

Just give me Donnies f* job, i do it better and for free.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #1884
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I'd say it was you having fun.
No, someone on a german board. He freaked out some Bobcats fans too (yeah, they are Bobcats fans in germany...)

But i apologize for posting the crap. I was still in shock about that Jefferson crap.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-23-2009 at 03:16 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #1885
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
So while Donnie Nelson his flapping his jaw about nothing the Spurs are sealing the deal on a huge upgrade in talent. Yeah, this guy is good.
LOL
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #1886
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Who do you throw most of this on...do you throw it on Cuban or do you put it on Donnie.

Coop on GAC was saying that Cuban is probably the decision maker and he uses Donnie for the connections and the opinion, but Cuban has the ultimate say in the issue.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #1887
MVPizzle06

MVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the rough

Well now that the Wizards have Foye and Miller is Stevenson expendable?...He'd be a reasonable alternative (although not a particularly sexy one in terms of what the Spurs just did).
MVPizzle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #1888
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Who do you throw most of this on...do you throw it on Cuban or do you put it on Donnie.

Coop on GAC was saying that Cuban is probably the decision maker and he uses Donnie for the connections and the opinion, but Cuban has the ultimate say in the issue.
I happened to see on ESPN that Cuban twittered or tweets or whatever an hour ago "championships aren't won in the summer" or some such crap. Already spinning their failure. Typical. Doesn't it seem more and more like Cuban is done spending money? That was my biggest fear, knowing that these guys are incompetent, is that we would lose that advantage of outspending everyone.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #1889
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Wizards are in good shape to return to the playoffs next yr

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #1890
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel pretty confident saying we're not making a major splash Thursday night with that Wizards pick gone, I doubt if we wanted #5 that we could make something happen that quickly with Minnesota. We'll just go with the BPA and the only splash I could see happening is we buy another 1st rounder...I dunno.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #1891
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

The Rondo/Allen story on DB.com is getting my hopes waaay to high for something that's not going to happen.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #1892
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
The Rondo/Allen story on DB.com is getting my hopes waaay to high for something that's not going to happen.
You mean you're hoping for Rondo/Allen? We have nothing they'd want unless it's a 3way...
Old 06-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #1893
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

^Yes it is. Nothing is going to happen of it, and Rondo and Allen will be in Celtic uniforms when the season starts. Don't dwell on this one too much.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #1894
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
You mean you're hoping for Rondo/Allen? We have nothing they'd want unless it's a 3way...
Suppose we get Megan Fox in on this 3-way - done deal?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #1895
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
In a heartbeat
Old 06-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #1896
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgoXUzIwXk0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #1897
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Myself, Megan Fox and a girl to be named later...is that the 3-way we are discussing?

----------

The next piece probably to be mentioned in trade talks I think will be VC, Kaman/Camby, or maybe even J-Rich in Phoenix.

I'm all for VC but I think we've got some issues with that. First, we're dealing with NJ who basically jacked the price on Cuban for Harris and got away with it. They've got that future pick that isn't protected...do they seriously wanna hurt the value of that pick? They may not take that into consideration and only care about the money. I think he's an option, but it could be a longshot because they might be determined to make the playoffs now.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #1898
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I happened to see on ESPN that Cuban twittered or tweets or whatever an hour ago "championships aren't won in the summer" or some such crap. Already spinning their failure. Typical. Doesn't it seem more and more like Cuban is done spending money? That was my biggest fear, knowing that these guys are incompetent, is that we would lose that advantage of outspending everyone.
mcuban- winning the summer is not the ultimate goal in the nba

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #1899
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The Suns are a difficult team to trade with as well, regardless of it being Shaq or J-Rich or whoever. For one very simple reason...

They hate us.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 06-23-2009 at 07:58 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #1900
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

They hate us.
Why's that? Because we practically gave them Nash? Because we're in the West?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #1901
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
The Suns are a difficult team to trade with as well, regardless of it being Shaq or J-Rich or whoever. For one very simple reason...

They hate us.
Possibly...but if it gets them out of LT-hell, you might have to bite the bullet.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #1902
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
mcuban- winning the summer is not the ultimate goal in the nba

This team is going nowhere with that type of attitude from Cuban. Competition is competition whether it's pre-season, season, off season, or post season. What you do now will affect you later and the Spurs just made a move that will make them a lot better next season. What have we done?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #1903
241mavsrule

241mavsrule is on a distinguished road

weve gotta make a move b4 July 1 though times is ticking... get er done donnie!
241mavsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #1904
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

How about a SnT Kidd/Josh/Bass or Stack for Rondo/Allen/ Allen?? and then go from there.

and yee I mean both Allens

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 06-23-2009 at 08:23 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #1905
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Ohhh and I really hope wer smart enuff to go after Childress and thn smart enuff to get ATL to let him go.

maybe have a Josh/Josh for Josh/ 22 or something

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 06-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #1906
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I knew he would spew some bs like that.

Cuban's ego is getting out of control, even for him. This team has been living in denial for some time now. Deep down he knows it's bad. He wouldn't have responded with such nonsense if he didn't get oodles of negative reaction.

I know three season ticket holders (two personally, one in the stands who I say hi to and text) and heard a few on the radio and they are all pretty irate about this. So, although the average fan's opinion may not matter, I guarantee season ticket holders aren't going to be happy.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #1907
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

Two things: first, I was just listening to the Sports Guy interviewing Chad Ford. They were talking about how LAC is looking to offload Kaman, but no one wants him. That makes me wonder if Kaman's injury problems are worse than we know. However, if we think he is healthy maybe we could get him on the cheap.

Second, has anyone in here talked at all about Dejuan Blair. He's projected to go in the 15-20 range. He seems like a cheaper, and potentially more talented Bass. If we could get him at 22 or buy a 15-20 pick, we could have Blair for 1.8mil a year and either sign and trade Bass or just let him walk. The same theory goes for Tyler Hansbrough, although I've heard that his draft stock is rising up towards the 10-15 pick range.

Last edited by stewartj; 06-23-2009 at 09:16 PM.
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #1908
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartj View Post
Two things: first, I was just listening to the Sports Guy interviewing Chad Ford. They were talking about how LAC is looking to offload Kaman, but no one wants him. That makes me wonder if Kaman's injury problems are worse than we know. However, if we think he is healthy maybe we could get him on the cheap.

Second, has anyone in here talked at all about Dejuan Blair. He's projected to go in the 15-20 range. He seems like a cheaper, and potentially more talented Bass. If we could get him at 22 or buy a 15-20 pick, we could have Blair for 1.8mil a year and either sign and trade Bass or just let him walk. The same theory goes for Tyler Hansbrough, although I've heard that his draft stock is rising up towards the 10-15 pick range.
I don't buy that bit at ALL about Kaman. Sure, he has had injury problems but the teams that are closer are probably willing to take that chance on Kaman. Teams like that or teams that are getting primed to take a leap into being more competitive. Camby apparently seems ready to be dealt for a pile of beans...again.

I don't think anyone has talked about Blair because no one expects him to be there at 22. The option is there if you buy another pick, but I think I am in the minority that actually sees that happening.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-23-2009 at 09:21 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #1909
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Two things: first, I was just listening to the Sports Guy interviewing Chad Ford. They were talking about how LAC is looking to offload Kaman, but no one wants him. That makes me wonder if Kaman's injury problems are worse than we know. However, if we he does look healthy maybe we could get him for just some expiring contracts.

Never been a big fan of drafting undersized power forwards in the first round. You can get guys like Bass, Milsap and Malik Rose in the second.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #1910
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Never been a big fan of drafting undersized power forwards in the first round. You can get guys like Bass, Milsap and Malik Rose in the second.
Hehhe Bass maybe...Milsap...you gotta get reall lucky.

Not that am trying to argue or anything. But I just thought it was funny that those 2 names are in the same sentence.

Milsap>>>>>> Bass by far IMO

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 06-23-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #1911
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

I agree that you wouldn't normally draft undersized PF's in the first round. However, (1) Blair is the same size as Bass and appears to be more naturally skilled; (2) it's a weak draft so I'm not sure you're going to find anything useful in the 2nd round; and (3) it will save money when compared with resigning Bass. If you can get the pick for 3m in cash and a second rounder, then sign Blair for 1.8-2.0 mil, you are still getting him for much cheaper over three years than you would have to pay for Bass. You get double savings also when you figure in luxury tax payments.
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:45 PM   #1912
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Hehhe Bass maybe...Milsap...you gotta get reall lucky.

Not that am trying to argue or anything. But I just thought it was funny that those 2 names are in the same sentence.

Milsap>>>>>> Bass by far IMO
I wouldn't necessarily argue with that. I'm just saying that type of player tends to fall because they're usually defensive liabilities. Big Baby Davis is another one. He's only about an inch taller than Bass.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #1913
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
I agree that you wouldn't normally draft undersized PF's in the first round. However, (1) Blair is the same size as Bass and appears to be more naturally skilled; (2) it's a weak draft so I'm not sure you're going to find anything useful in the 2nd round; and (3) it will save money when compared with resigning Bass. If you can get the pick for 3m in cash and a second rounder, then sign Blair for 1.8-2.0 mil, you are still getting him for much cheaper over three years than you would have to pay for Bass. You get double savings also when you figure in luxury tax payments.
All good points but honestly if we could get a center I'd be willing to let Bass walk for nothing. If Dirk is your PF and eats up 35 minutes a night Bass may be a luxury we can't afford.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #1914
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily argue with that. I'm just saying that type of player tends to fall because they're usually defensive liabilities. Big Baby Davis is another one. He's only about an inch taller than Bass.
I agree with you. i just think that milsap is a little bit different than those other 2. Or maybe Milsap and Big Baby are diff. than Bass.

I just hope we dont overpay for Bass, cuz IMO hes overrated by the Mavs. All he can really do is hit that short open J. BB and Milsap are both more skilled IMO.

........GO MAVS
Old 06-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #1915
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Cuban built the team and now he's destroying it.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #1916
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

"We love our team" - Donnie

"We love our boys in blue" - Donnie
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #1917
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

here are Cuban's exact tweets:

1. heading to Dallas from the Caymans. . Fired up about the NBA Draft this week. Could be a week of lots of talk, no action. Thats the NBA way10:48 AM Jun 22nd from web

So he's been out of the country this whole time on vacation.

2. winning the summer is not the ultimate goal in the nba #fbabout 6 hours ago from mobile web

does he know Boston won the summer two years ago, then raised their 32390840293th banner a few months later?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #1918
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
here are Cuban's exact tweets:

1. heading to Dallas from the Caymans. . Fired up about the NBA Draft this week. Could be a week of lots of talk, no action. Thats the NBA way10:48 AM Jun 22nd from web

So he's been out of the country this whole time on vacation.

2. winning the summer is not the ultimate goal in the nba #fbabout 6 hours ago from mobile web

does he know Boston won the summer two years ago, then raised their 32390840293th banner a few months later?
Ego, Ego, Ego
Old 06-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #1919
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of talk, no action...the Cuban way...lol.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #1920
mac222b
Diamond Member

So we're either playing for 2010 or we have a trade lined up? Or there is no plan.It can't be that they just slept through all of this. In any event 2 of our presumed targets, make that 3- Miller, Jefferson,#5 are no longer options. That leaves us with seemingly just a few- Kaman, Camby, Baron
Shaq, VC, G.Wallace, Okafor, Felton
we knew RJ and Miller&#5 were in play so it's hard to see something totally out of the blue happening.
are there any scenarios not listed above that might be out there? i'm struggling to think of many. maybe something with Detroit? and i don't mean deals that just aren't gonna happen(iguodala,bosh, caron butler).
If the FO let RJ go to the Spurs because we have a deal in place or some masterplan than... great? Otherwise it's a strange non-move. Our prospects are dwindling.

Tags
bea > drew > erick, bea arthur could ball, bea arthur has balls, biedrins for the wins, boobsftw, damn bucksuckshot, flaco's purple nipples, mc pee pants?, oliwa?candy, ostertagtag?, tweetweet, who is this mcpants?