Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #1921
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
There's really no point in this right now. Playable depth; We don't know if we're gonna have Wright. We don't know what Center we will have. You don't have any idea how Harris, Mekel, Larkin, Ellington, Ledo are going to play together under RC and around Dirk. Hell the one thing we do know is that CArter, Crowder and (Wright) provide above par playable depth. As a cpl others mention, throw Bynum and another decent player and you have a very nice team on paper.

Whether Bynum can get back to form is an obvious question but in theory, I don't understand not being a little more optimistic about the way that looks.
Out of Harris, Mekel, Larkin, Ellington, Ledo, and Akognon, I can't imagine a single one of those guys being a meaningful player on a contending team.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #1922
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I'm not nearly as high on Harris and Ellington as you are, I guess.
Based on what? Not sarcastic--I'd really like to know. The numbers say they are both good "depth" guys at that position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
Out of Harris, Mekel, Larkin, Ellington, Ledo, and Akognon, I can't imagine a single one of those guys being a meaningful player on a contending team.
The Mavs are not going to be a contending team. And this is preposterous anyway. Gary Neal was a "meaningful player" on a nearly championship team. He is no better than Harris and arguably not better than Ellington.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-09-2013 at 10:10 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #1923
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
He didn't screw his team. Cleveland screwed him. He should have 4 or 5 rings by now but they put a roster as bad as last years mavs around him for years. He was a free agent and he left which he had every right to do. Was the decision a douchey thing to do? Absolutely as was the heatles signing ceremony. That being said, it was nowhere near as bad as the bullshit Dwight has put people through for the last two years.
Hmm...I don't know if I can agree with this, brother. I think the teams around Lebron in his early years were pure crap, no argument there. But in his last few years there I remember those teams were looked at as legitimate title contenders. There was lack of a real #2 scorer (Mo Williams played that role, but he was better suited as a 3rd option). Lebron had those guys playing well, they had good chemistry and they seemed to always be having fun. Didn't the Cavaliers have the best record in the league back in 08-09? I remember them winning 60+ games, with them doing dances on the bench while they won games in Blowout fashion. Those guys were always joking, smiling, laughing and rolling over teams with relative ease. But then when they got deep in the playoffs they would lose. People are quick to say in hindsight "Lebron had no help", but back when they were winning and dancing in nearly every game no one was saying any of those things. I don't know that's just how I remember the Cavs teams in his latter years there.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #1924
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Based on what? Not sarcastic--I'd really like to know. The numbers say they are both good "depth" guys at that position.
I'd love them in a backup role - but one of those guys has to be starting. Harris pulled a 13.6 PER at the SG slot last year, has basically no midrange game, not a great shooter, and his numbers are trending downward. Ellington's shooting numbers from past year are pretty deceptive, and he's never been anything better than a backup on mostly bad teams.

I'd much rather have OJ than both of those guys.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #1925
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Mavs are not going to be a contending team.
Right. That might have quite a bit to do with rolling out a Harris/Calderon/Akognon/Larkin/Ledo/Ellington/Mekel backcourt, and praying for a playable Center.

Quote:
And this is preposterous anyway. Gary Neal was a "meaningful player" on a nearly championship team. He is no better than Harris and arguably not better than Ellington.
Yeah, but Neal is one player that was 8th on his team in minutes played and played a limited role. He's not 7 of them, out of which ~4 will be near the lead for minutes played and many of which will be heavily relied on to do something that far exceeds their talents.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #1926
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Hmm...I don't know if I can agree with this, brother. I think the teams around Lebron in his early years were pure crap, no argument there. But in his last few years there I remember those teams were looked at as legitimate title contenders. There was lack of a real #2 scorer (Mo Williams played that role, but he was better suited as a 3rd option). Lebron had those guys playing well, they had good chemistry and they seemed to always be having fun. Didn't the Cavaliers have the best record in the league back in 08-09? I remember them winning 60+ games, with them doing dances on the bench while they won games in Blowout fashion. Those guys were always joking, smiling, laughing and rolling over teams with relative ease. But then when they got deep in the playoffs they would lose. People are quick to say in hindsight "Lebron had no help", but back when they were winning and dancing in nearly every game no one was saying any of those things. I don't know that's just how I remember the Cavs teams in his latter years there.
They were that good because of lebron. I don't think some people get just how good the guy is. He's been the clear cut best player in the league for 7 years and honestly no one has been close(yes that includes prime Kobe) There is a reason they won 15 games the year after he left. They were absolute dog shit rosters.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #1927
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd much rather have OJ than both of those guys.
Mayo got $8M a year. Mavs weren't gonna pay that, nor should they. If he cost the same as Harris (or Ellington), I too would take him over those guys. You're not examining this through the lens of their salaries.

Quote:
Right. That might have quite a bit to do with rolling out a Harris/Calderon/Akognon/Larkin/Ledo/Ellington/Mekel backcourt, and praying for a playable Center.
You're really skirting the issue here though. You're basically just lodging a complaint about how the Mavs don't have good enough players to contend. That's neither new nor particularly interesting. We're all mad about that.

The question here should be: are these signings smart ones given the Mavs' current circumstances and the players on the market? The answer is yes.

Quote:
Yeah, but Neal is one player that was 8th on his team in minutes played and played a limited role. He's not 7 of them, out of which ~4 will be near the lead for minutes played and many of which will be heavily relied on to do something that far exceeds their talents.
I hear you on that, but you just made a blanket statement that two guys who most certainly have the talent to be "meaningful players" on a good team can't possibly do that. You lumped in a former All-Star and a proven bench shooter with guys who have never even played in the NBA. Just comes across as exaggerating in an attempt to make your point.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #1928
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Nothing makes me happier than a guying blowing up against the Heat.
You got that right. I fully enjoyed that video.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #1929
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Mayo got $8M a year. Mavs weren't gonna pay that, nor should they. If he cost the same as Harris (or Ellington), I too would take him over those guys. You're not examining this through the lens of their salaries.

You're really skirting the issue here though. You're basically just lodging a complaint about how the Mavs don't have good enough players to contend. That's neither new nor particularly interesting. We're all mad about that.

The question here should be: are these signings smart ones given the Mavs' current circumstances and the players on the market? The answer is yes.
Not sure why you're reading so much into what I'm saying. My comment was simply that this team is starting to look pretty crappy. You responded that the team actually looks pretty good. I guess we gotta put an asterisk around your earlier comment that says (*given the circumstances).

Quote:
Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #1930
LonghornDub

Quote:
Not sure why you're reading so much into what I'm saying. My comment was simply that this team is starting to look pretty crappy. You responded that the team actually looks pretty good. I guess we gotta put an asterisk around your earlier comment that says (*given the circumstances).
No, sorry, I thought the topic shifted a bit. You're right, though, let me steer it back:

The asterisk isn't "given the circumstances." Apparently, the asterisk is to clarify that "pretty decent" (which is what I said) doesn't mean "title contender."

From everything you've said so far, it sounds like your definition of "crappy" means that the team isn't going to be contending for a title. I take a much more nuanced view. If they get Bynum, they will compete for a playoff spot and will have a chance to win a series. That's not "crappy," in my eyes. If you wanna roll with that label, fine, I suppose. Still comes across like you're exaggerating for impact.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #1931
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bubba, It's still too early to tell what we have. The roster is not complete so your opinion is invalid!

It's completely relatvie, but Harris, Carter, Wright, Crowder for sure could contribute to a contending team.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #1932
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

The way I see it is they're accumulating assets that can be used together in order to make a nice midsession trade. That's my hope, at least...
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #1933
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think some fans might consider taking a step back and realize that, just because we have won 1 championship doesn't mean we need to have the approach that if we don't win a ring or play in the finals every year, it's unsuccessful. I enjoy the journey. That's what made it so damn sweet when we finally got it, and against the fn Heat, with so many veteran guys who deserved a ring(Kidd,Peja,Dirk,Chandler,MArion,Stevenson).

Old 07-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #1934
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
No, sorry, I thought the topic shifted a bit. You're right, though, let me steer it back:

The asterisk isn't "given the circumstances." Apparently, the asterisk is to clarify that "pretty decent" (which is what I said) doesn't mean "title contender."

From everything you've said so far, it sounds like your definition of "crappy" means that the team isn't going to be contending for a title. I take a much more nuanced view. If they get Bynum, they will compete for a playoff spot and will have a chance to win a series. That's not "crappy," in my eyes. If you wanna roll with that label, fine, I suppose. Still comes across like you're exaggerating for impact.
Yeah - my prediction out loud has been that they'd be looking at the 7 slot and might be able to (~20% chance) take a series. I see OKC, San Antonio, Houston, Golden State, Memphis, and the Clippers pretty easily ahead of the Mavs. I see us fighting it out with Denver, Portland, the Lakers, and Minnesota for the last 2 spots. I see Utah, Sacramento, Phoenix, and New Orleans pretty clearly in the gutter. Just not super enthusiastic about trotting out what I perceive as the 13th through 17th best team in the league.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #1935
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think some fans might consider taking a step back and realize that, just because we have won 1 championship doesn't mean we need to have the approach that if we don't win a ring or play in the finals every year, it's unsuccessful. I enjoy the journey. That's what made it so damn sweet when we finally got it, and against the fn Heat, with so many veteran guys who deserved a ring(Kidd,Peja,Dirk,Chandler,MArion,Stevenson).
I view it unsuccessful purely from the stance that Dirk's final years are being wasted by Cuban thinking he's the smartest guy in the NBA and taking the wrong approach in regards to the CBA. That's why to me its all or nothing at the moment.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #1936
LonghornDub

Quote:
Yeah - my prediction out loud has been that they'd be looking at the 7 slot and might be able to (~20% chance) take a series. I see OKC, San Antonio, Houston, Golden State, Memphis, and the Clippers pretty easily ahead of the Mavs. I see us fighting it out with Denver, Portland, the Lakers, and Minnesota for the last 2 spots. I see Utah, Sacramento, Phoenix, and New Orleans pretty clearly in the gutter. Just not super enthusiastic about trotting out what I perceive as the 13th through 17th best team in the league.
I agree with that pecking order. It's obviously not where we want to be, but except for folks who believe (wrongly, in my view) that the only good alternative to competing for titles every single year is tanking for draft picks, I feel like there are at least a few things to be optimistic about this year.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:00 AM   #1937
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd firmly disagree and say, if they get Bynum, it's actually a pretty decent looking team. They're not going to be making any Finals runs, but they will likely make the postseason and have a chance for an upset.
Probably not too far removed from the general opinion a few years ago.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #1938
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if the Mavs could get in on Aldridge, if he really wants out of Portland? Marion, Larkin and a future #1? Or are we hamstrung from trading a future #1 until that stupid Lamar Odom pick ends up resolved?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #1939
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With a healthy dirk and Bynum they are better than Houston, Memphis and maybe the clippers.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #1940
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Wonder if the Mavs could get in on Aldridge, if he really wants out of Portland? Marion, Larkin and a future #1? Or are we hamstrung from trading a future #1 until that stupid Lamar Odom pick ends up resolved?
I think so, because I think we owe the Thunder our next pick but it's top-20 protected. So basically we can't trade a first until that gets resolved.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #1941
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Bynum, Dalembert, Oden

AK

Wouldnt mind to dump Marion and sign Bynum, AK and one of Dalembert/Oden...

Last edited by sefant77; 07-10-2013 at 08:31 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #1942
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I view it unsuccessful purely from the stance that Dirk's final years are being wasted by Cuban thinking he's the smartest guy in the NBA and taking the wrong approach in regards to the CBA. That's why to me its all or nothing at the moment.
Wasted? Dirk has Cuban to thank for getting the ring in the first place. He understands that in ways many fans just don't seem to. Listen, I hate the way the Mavericks piss all over the draft every year, but Cubes and crew have been a phenomenal front office when it comes to putting a competitive team around Dirk. They gambled and failed, but Dirk was consulted about it and on board. So if his final years are wasted, he has himself to blame as well. Dirk has a handful more chances, and with each year he will have to be more comfortable playing a secondary role. The FA shuffle worked great for finding complementary pieces, but until Dallas takes the draft seriously, we will not have that piece to build the franchise future around.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #1943
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
With a healthy dirk and Bynum they are better than Houston, Memphis and maybe the clippers.
If we get Bynum, and if he's healthy (two huge preconditions), then I agree that things look a whole heck of a lot better for our upside.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #1944
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Cuban earned (better spent) his damn rights to approach the new CBA the way he did...

Last edited by sefant77; 07-10-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #1945
sefant77
Guru

The Nets have to pay end of next season appr. 75m in LT...
Old 07-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #1946
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
The Nets have to pay end of next season appr. 75m in LT...
Rich as Cuban is, I'm confident that's far beyond the point he could comfortably pay. Prokhorov is a whole different level of rich.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-10-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #1947
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Probably not too far removed from the general opinion a few years ago.
A very good point.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #1948
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

The Pelicans just waived Lance Thomas... not a bad option as a backup or third SF if we end up moving Vince or Marion. And probably available at the league minimum.

Last edited by spreedom; 07-10-2013 at 10:05 AM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #1949
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Monta just fired his agent and is expected to switch to Dan Fegan.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 07-10-2013 at 10:36 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #1950
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Monta just fired his agent and is expected to switch to Dan Fegan.
So ditching Marion to get Monta is probably out of the question... But it probably doesn't matter, since Ellis clearly thinks he's worth more than he is.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #1951
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
So ditching Marion to get Monta is probably out of the question... But it probably doesn't matter, since Ellis clearly thinks he's worth more than he is.
And/or he feels he received bad advice that led to him opting out of his contract/rejecting the Bucks' rather generous extension offer so that he could take what it is now clear to him is going to be a fairly sizable pay cut.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #1952
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
And/or he feels he received bad advice that led to him opting out of his contract/rejecting the Bucks' rather generous extension offer so that he could take what it is now clear to him is going to be a fairly sizable pay cut.
Probably a little of both, yeah. He should've never been paid that much to begin with.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #1953
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Once Monta has a new agent and realizes his value is not as high as he though, does he agree to a Mayo-type deal?
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #1954
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Once Monta has a new agent and realizes his value is not as high as he though, does he agree to a Mayo-type deal?
Too full of himself imo, although i think he deserves a better deal than what mayo got last year.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #1955
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

I heard Crowder lost 15 pounds this summer. He is expected to play some SG
Old 07-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #1956
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1nw View Post
I heard Crowder lost 15 pounds this summer. He is expected to play some SG
That's excellent news that he lost 15 lbs. Hope he has been jacking off shots this offseason too. I mean he needs to get it silky smooth.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #1957
LonghornDub

Quote:
Hope he has been jacking off shots this offseason too.
Go on.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #1958
sefant77
Guru

Donnie said they are still interested in Bynum: "We still need help and support in our frontcourt. We’re going to turn over every stone."

So pretty much the question if they gamble and blow the 8.5m with Bynum or choose a little bit more save option with Dalembert 5m (and maybe gamble with a Oden contract for 1-3m).

Or if they are pushing harder for Gortat after the docs saw Bynums files...
Old 07-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #1959
Underdog

@BallinWithBryan: Donnie Nelson said that they are "in discussion" with Elton Brand and Brandan Wright to stay with the Mavs.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #1960
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hope he has been jacking off shots this offseason too. I mean he needs to get it silky smooth.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cad von ghostymooglebane, moogleghostfacechamp, ummmm