Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #1921
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I just accidentally posrepped that guy and took him from 4 red boxes to 1. My bad guys.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #1922
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I just accidentally posrepped that guy and took him from 4 red boxes to 1. My bad guys.
Dammit, LD!

Anyway, I think I might've figured it out. irishock is actually a Heat/Lakers bandwagoner who's hoping he won't have to watch JJB methodically carve up his teams' defenses in the playoffs again next year.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #1923
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

By Jeff Caplan
The French-speaking contingent of Dallas Mavericks, guard Rodrigue Beaubois and center Ian Mahinmi, have spent the summer working out together at SMU, and at the moment neither has plans to play overseas if the NBA lockout lingers. At least not yet.

In Beaubois' case, Europe just isn't an option at this point. The 23-year-old from Guadeloupe is still about a month away from running as he rehabs from a second surgery on his left foot, according to agent Bouna Ndiaye. As Mavs fans know, Beaubois fractured his left foot last summer while training with the French national team, underwent surgery and endured a protracted recovery process only to re-injure the foot in the regular-season finale. Ndiaye said Beaubois was never back to 100 percent, which might explain his disappointing stint of 28 games in which he rarely flashed the brilliant speed and driving ability of his rookie season.

If the lockout is lifted and Mavs training camp opens on Oct. 4 as scheduled, Beaubois should be at, or close to, full strength.

During the lockout, players are barred from working out at team facilities and cannot have contact with coaches or other team personnel.

Beaubois and Mahinmi, who capped his first season with Dallas in style with a fantastic contribution in Game 6 of the NBA Finals, have received interest from French and Spanish teams to play this season, but Ndiaye said both players are content to work individually in Dallas.

"Ian wants to get better and Roddy wants to work on his body," Ndiaye said.

However, Ndiaye said that if late September rolls around and there appears to be no end to the lockout, then Mahinmi might consider offers. The 6-foot-11 Mahinmi has three seasons of NBA service under his belt but remains a raw talent, having averaged just 7.7 minutes in 88 career games.

Beaubois, who missed the first 54 games of last season and then all of the playoffs, enters a season of decreased expectations and perhaps one in which he will have to earn a defined role. Dallas traded for shooting guard Rudy Fernandez and still has sixth man Jason Terry. It is also possible -- although perhaps not probable -- that free agent DeShawn Stevenson, who assumed Beaubois' starting job in the regular-season finale after Beaubois replaced him two games before the All-Star, could also be back.

"We're focused on getting his feet back on the ground, getting back to running and jumping and being 100 percent healthy," Ndiaye said of Beaubois.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #1924
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

i think that Roddy is done.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:20 AM   #1925
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Too early to say that considering his age. He will need to be careful though. Make sure he is 100% before going all out. The lockout might actually put less pressure on his return as he doesn't have to rush to get back in.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 08-26-2011 at 01:21 AM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #1926
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Whats todays stati on Rodrigue Beaubois'eses development?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #1927
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
This isn't me I swear it!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #1928
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
He's 23 years old, c'mon people. Rebreaking a bone is actually not that rare in life, it happens. Now, if he breaks it a third time, i will say something is not right, but hopefully that will never happen (knock, knock, knock).
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #1929
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
This isn't me I swear it!
I believe you, but i still think there is a good chance you were the one that infected his mind.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #1930
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Bump

Damn i hope the boy is 100% with begin of training camp. We might really need him with all our FAs seeking the money.

Roddy B to the rescue! Almost like summer 2010...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #1931
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #1932
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Bump

Damn i hope the boy is 100% with begin of training camp. We might really need him with all our FAs seeking the money.

Yep, suddenly I feel like we're really depending on Roddy again with all the roster turbulence we seem to be getting ready to undergo. I sure hope he can get back to 2010 form.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #1933
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Bump

According to his interview on the Tony Parker Show, he was maybe 3 weeks away from even picking up a basketball. He probably won't come off the injury list until January.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #1934
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Yep, suddenly I feel like we're really depending on Roddy again with all the roster turbulence we seem to be getting ready to undergo. I sure hope he can get back to 2010 form.
If we lose JJB we'll be in a pickle. If JJB re-ups with Dallas, then the (short-short-term) pressure's off.

All that said, you have to think a productive end of the season from Booby could be a real boon for Dallas in free agent negotiations next summer.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 12-03-2011 at 07:52 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #1935
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
According to his interview on the Tony Parker Show, he was maybe 3 weeks away from even picking up a basketball. He probably won't come off the injury list until January.
Will this dude ever be healthy again? We better re-sign JJ and not depend on this guy.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #1936
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
This can't be true, what's his injury? It's been 5 months since the finals, and they said if he'd have to, he could play. This can't be the same foot injury.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #1937
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
Shut up, you're annoying when it comes to this kid. Which is a shame, because you're a great poster. Why do you let yourself hate a Mavs player so much? And why only post trash in threads about him? And don't tell me you're just telling your opinion, because all you do in those threads is bait other posters with your constant mindless hate.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 12-03-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #1938
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Shut up, you're annoying when it comes to this kid. Which is a shame, because you're a great poster. Why do you let yourself hate a Mavs player so much? And why only post trash in threads about him? And don't tell me you're just telling your opinion, because all you do in those threads is bait other posters with your constant mindless hate.
Lol.... I don't even hate the guy.. Avery..now that's a different story.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #1939
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
This can't be true, what's his injury? It's been 5 months since the finals, and they said if he'd have to, he could play. This can't be the same foot injury.
Same foot, but technically the recovery is from a medical procedure. He had a second surgery after the season to put in a different screw.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #1940
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Lol.... I don't even hate the guy.. Avery..now that's a different story.
Well, it sure looks like it, you really always bashing the kid, even if it's about things out of his control. I like Avery. I think we were a little tough on him, but lot of us were tough on Carlisle as well. I guess when things aren't going well, it's a lot easier to blame the coach than the players, especially since we all have our perfect unbeatable lineups in our head. Anyway, be nice to Roddy! Or at least don't be that rude.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #1941
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Same foot, but technically the recovery is from a medical procedure. He had a second surgery after the season to put in a different screw.
Well, that's freakin' depressing. He's like the slowest healer ever.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #1942
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Poor kid. This season would have been an excellent opportunity to work his way back into the rotation. It would have been great to see him establish himself from the get go but it looks like he'll be forced back into catch-up mode.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #1943
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Old 12-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #1944
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
He had a second surgery on the same foot so that automatically makes it longer healing time. The x-rays were good on his foot but he hasn't been given the OK to play. They want the bone to be solid/hard/settled before he reintroduces his foot to vigor of basketball
Old 12-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #1945
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They want the bone to be solid/hard/settled before he reintroduces
wut

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #1946
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
wut

Because the fracture line disappears, that doesn't mean the bone has healed fully to a point where it will withstand the pressure of basketball activity. They went that route back in Oct 2010. Roddy's fracture line disappeared 8 weeks after surgery. He practiced for a day or two and complained of pain/swelling. They took x-rays and the same fracture line reappeared.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #1947
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Some Frenchies here?

Apparently Mahinmi and Roddy were guest at the "Moscato Show" on 12/01. The Podcast is at http://www.rmcsport.fr/podcast/podcast.php?id=131 and their sequence start at 20:00 (RMC : 01/12 - Moscato Show - 18h-19h).

Somebody able to translate any updates on Roddys health status?
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #1948
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roddy B is in the house... Says he's his left foot is feeling good, but won't quite be 100% for Friday's start of camp.
http://twitter.com/#!/ESPN_Caplan/st...28041179365376

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #1949
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Roddy STILL isn't 100%???

Slowest healer ever... I bet he breaks it again.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #1950
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

If he breaks it again, he could go on same path poor Grant Hill did. Hopefully it was just bad luck, and he can be healthy for years. Would be a shame if we never see him fullfill his potential.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 12-05-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #1951
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Dirk also won't quite be 100% for Friday's start of camp.

Nothing to worry about just yet.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #1952
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how, a year ago, Roddy was our only hope to get good enough to get past San Antonio. We couldn't wait to get him back into the lineup, and when he wasn't that good, we thought our season was over. That's why everyone else wanted the Mavs in the first round. Instead, thanks to a jolt from DeShawn, the defense got solid physically. Then that little taste of Brandon Roy got them tough mentally, and the rest is not history, but legend.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #1953
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

The metatarsal bone injury is one of the toughest injuries a sportsperson can have.
Espacially in soccer and basketball. Those injuries can often take as long or even longer than a torn mcl or acl. Really unfortunate....beaubois must be really devastated right now : (
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #1954
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think after the desaster last october/last season they wanna be 110% sure that he wont be back too early.

If he isnt 100% then dont bring him back.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #1955
sefant77
Guru

http://video.lequipe.fr/video/basket...g=iLyROoafrYKk

No frenchies here? I need cliff notes
Old 12-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #1956
sefant77
Guru

http://video.lequipe.fr/video/basket...g=iLyROoafrYKk

No frenchies here? I need cliff notes
Old 12-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #1957
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...tic-for-season

Quote:
Rodrigue Beaubois optimistic for season
December, 6, 2011
By Jeff Caplan
DALLAS -- Rodrigue Beaubois' troubled left foot is feeling as good as it has in about 16 months and that's something to smile about for the young Dallas Mavericks guard.

Beaubois made his return to the American Airlines Center Monday for a workout with a handful of teammates after a long offseason of rehab following a second surgery to his foot back in June.

He said he is not quite 100 percent as training camp is set to open Friday and it's unclear what his status will be for the Christmas day opener against the Miami Heat. But, he is making progress.

"I started pushing it more two weeks ago," Beaubois said, "and I feel great right now."

After a frustrating season marred by his fractured left foot that did not heal properly last season and then was re-injured in the final game of the regular season, the Mavs might have to rely more heavily than perhaps expected.

The return of free agent backup point guard J.J. Barea is in question and if the diminutive spark plug signs elsewhere, Beaubois could be expected to spell Jason Kidd throughout a compacted, 66-game schedule that promises plenty of back-to-backs and at least one back-to-back-back (the NBA will release the 2011-12 schedule at 6 tonight).

Barea had become about a 20-minute a night player over the past three seasons. The lithe, 6-foot-2, Beaubois, more of a natural shooting guard with point-guard size, has not fared particularly well in stints playing the point.

Fellow countryman Ian Mahinmi, who spent much of the summer working out with Beaubois in Dallas, said he's watched his friend overcome a difficult season and push forward with a positive attitude.

"Roddy can be, as guys like to tell him, the sky can be the limit," Mahinmi said. "He has all the tools to be a superstar in this league. I think for him it’s only a matter of time before he gets where everybody thinks he’s going to be."

Still, so much of Beaubois' game is predicated on his quickness. The twice-repaired fracture in his left foot will need to become a non-issue and Beaubois must rediscover the confidence to drive off it, something he clearly didn't have when he returned last season.

"I just try to look forward," Beaubois said. "Last year was difficult, but now I think everything is good. The last surgery was very good. I really think now I will be OK."
Old 12-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #1958
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

go Roddy gooooooooooooooo
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #1959
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

That's the spirit Roddy, you have to push it, if something has to happen, it will happen anyway, but you gotta push yourself. I will not stop believing in this kid until he puts down the Spalding. That's how unique of a talent he is.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #1960
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well Roddy certainly will have the opportunity to get minutes this season. And hey, 8.4ppg on 42% shooting isn't the worst thing in the world, especially with a bum foot. Rudy Fernandez scored that much at a 37% rate and played 23 mpg. Boobie had a decent March too...10ppg on 46% shooting.

I see him in the 12-15 ppg range this season. Foot injuries are tough to deal with though.

Get healthy!

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-09-2011 at 09:03 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid