Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-31-2008, 08:41 AM   #161
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

As much as his comments kind of make me cringe a little, I still think that attitude is what the Mavericks need. You can tell that he's serious about giving everything he can on the court if he feels accepted on the team.

Like everyone has been saying. It's a risk but it could work out for them.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #162
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

All the comments on ESPN's article are tearing Artest a new one. Apparently there are a lot of unhappy folks due to his "black culture" comments.

lol, man it didn't take long for Houston to get their dose of Artest craziness.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 07-31-2008, 10:44 AM   #163
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can tell that he's serious about giving everything he can on the court if he feels accepted on the team.
...and by "feels accepted by the team" you mean if they hand him a big sack of cash.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:25 AM   #164
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Anyone still crying over Ron Artest?
Now, more than ever.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 AM   #165
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Anyone still crying over Ron Artest?
Give me "ghetto" players over weak minded guys anyday of the week. He's hungry. He has 1 year on his deal and the Rockets got him for Bobby Jackson. Seriously. Its gonna test the Houston locker room but looking at the Cowboys and looking at the 90's Bulls it can be done.

Quote:
Because dragging the mother of your child down a flight of stairs by her hair = black culture...

He didn't say that was the "black culture" he said he was ghetto. I guess if you feel that everything ghetto is "black" then that's on you. But it sure as hell is ghetto.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:31 AM   #166
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
He didn't say that was the "black culture" he said he was ghetto. I guess if you feel that everything ghetto is "black" then that's on you. But it sure as hell is ghetto.
You should read the article before you get all reactionary:

Quote:
"I'm not going to take it personal. I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto. That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-31-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 AM   #167
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Y'all craaaaaazy

Contact Me
Old 07-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #168
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
You should read the article before you get all reactionary:
Actually I read the article and read that particular part 3 times and I still come out of it the same way. I especially read the top part numerous times to see if I saw anything about where he connected dragging his wife down the stairs by hair is in his culture but failed to see that as well. I still don't see where the connection is between "ghetto" and "black".
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:58 AM   #169
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Yao and Artest are getting along fine. No trouble at all. Ron Artest said himself last night on the radio show in Sacramento: "I'm a Yao Ming soldier babyyy!!!!!" The media wants there to be a problem. Hell, Artest and Yao have already talked to each other.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #170
alby
Guru

Yao is in China. How are they getting along fine already lol.

Contact Me
Old 07-31-2008, 12:05 PM   #171
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Actually I read the article and read that particular part 3 times and I still come out of it the same way. I especially read the top part numerous times to see if I saw anything about where he connected dragging his wife down the stairs by hair is in his culture but failed to see that as well. I still don't see where the connection is between "ghetto" and "black".

How can you not see a connection in Ron's comments with being ghetto and being black when he specifically makes the connection? You may have read it three times but it seems you're only getting from it what you want.

Ron said: "I'm not going to take it personal. I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto. That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture."

He is specifically connecting ghetto with black culture as if they go hand in hand. That's where many black people are becoming upset because this is obviously not the case and many black people do not wish to be portrayed or thought of as ghetto. Furthermore, they do not want ghetto to be thought of as part of their culture because that would mean they all share a common ghetto. It's as if a white player said ,"Yeah I'm white trash but it's my culture and, unlike all the other white players in the league, I'm not scared to represent my culture and I'm not going to change."

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 07-31-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #172
alby
Guru

"Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about." -Ron

That appeared to be a shift in Artest's outlook from earlier Wednesday, when he told ESPN.com of the trade, "I'll be a kid in a candy store … I'm going to dance with the stars."

He also said he's waiting for a phone call from Yao, according to the Bee.

Contact Me
Old 07-31-2008, 12:08 PM   #173
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Do we have any posters here that would like to go ahead and say that Ron Artest is representing their culture?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 07-31-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:15 PM   #174
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Rockets fans are getting touchy because they don't want these comments to have any ill effect on the trade...much like we were worried Stackhouse's comments would have a negative effect on the Kidd trade whe he said he's going to take a short vacation and then come back.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:19 PM   #175
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

At least his short term memory still works.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #176
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Wow this is crazy because i was thinking today without reading anything...how these 2 would mesh. Yao and Artest are 2 different worlds. And I mean like I was thinking at some point Yao would say "this is my team and if Ron comes in and plays then he welcome here, but if he brings all his baggage with him then I have a problem with that and I expect the team to do something about it"

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:02 PM   #177
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

and this just shows for the billionth time how stupid, idiotic, and crazy Ron is. He may be a good play but that will always be overshadowed buy his stupidity..and am glad hes not on the Mavs

Go Mavs

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #178
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Default Artest Will Only Join Rockets if He Gets A Commitment

Link: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._a_commitment/

Ron Artest said that he was excited about going to the Rockets but would join them only if they are committed to him, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

Artest's comments about commitment stem from Yao Ming’s wariness of the trade. Ming is happy with the deal but is concerned for team chemistry.

“We’ve still got to make sure there’s still a commitment,” Artest told the Sacramento Bee. “That’s the main thing. When I speak to the powers-that-be of the Houston Rockets organization, we’re going to find out how much they really want me there.”

“For some reason, I like (Artest),” Yao said, “because in the games we play against him, I hate him."

“When I text-messaged with Luis (Scola), we talked about team chemistry. That’s only what worries us. We worry about the new attitude to the team. We are adding talent to the team, and we need that, but building team chemistry is important. This is not bad. I don’t mean he is not welcome to Houston. But a new player always needs some time."

“There’s worry. Obviously, yes. ... Hopefully, he’s not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands. ... I have to find a way to talk to him and see what we can do as a basketball team. He has a history, but we know he is a physical player. He is a good player. He really can help us.”

---You figure they would have spoken with Ron about commitment issues (i.e., a contract extension) prior to making the trade. Maybe they're prepared to give him one, though. But with the Yao Ming conflict perhaps there's a lot more risk in signing him long term than Houston anticipated.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 07-31-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:03 PM   #179
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

http://deadspin.com/5031490/ron-arte...lready-feuding
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:34 PM   #180
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
Quote:
WanderingBear at 12:37 PM

"Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture."

Shane Battier just spit coffee all over his Wall Street Journal.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:47 PM   #181
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

sure is annoying when interviewers dont put their questions in articles. a lot can be misinterpreted and taken out of context when asked direct questions about certain events.

w/e worst possible situation artest will be bought out and the rockets lose in the first round again.

and ESPN is annoying when they only post snippets of the interview. not mentioning artest wouldnt mind coming off the bench or doing what adelman/yao/tmac ask of him. also saying he and yao have spoken and everything is good.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:03 PM   #182
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Well he was just on PTI and said he talked to T-Mac today and got Yao's # and everything was let out in the open and everything is all good between them. Cowlishaw was on ATH today and mentioned that he had talked to Carlisle and got the impression that he DID want Artest on the Mavs roster and is jealous that Houston got him.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:52 PM   #183
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
Well he was just on PTI and said he talked to T-Mac today and got Yao's # and everything was let out in the open and everything is all good between them. Cowlishaw was on ATH today and mentioned that he had talked to Carlisle and got the impression that he DID want Artest on the Mavs roster and is jealous that Houston got him.

And there you go folks.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 07-31-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:31 PM   #184
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Urge to kill rising...
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:39 PM   #185
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry...just thought it was pertinent information.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:41 PM   #186
alby
Guru

Kidd/Terry/Artest/Dirk/Damp

*drool*

it'll take a couple weeks for me to get over that...

Contact Me
Old 07-31-2008, 07:16 PM   #187
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course he wanted Artest. Otherwise we wouldn't have made an offer for him. I doubt that he wanted him at the expense of Josh Howard.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #188
BGMaverick9
Guru

So Carlisle voted against it on our Poll then?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:21 PM   #189
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
So Carlisle voted against it on our Poll then?
I'm pretty sure he would have. If it wasn't clear then it should be now that Josh and Bass was too much to pay for Artest.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:49 PM   #190
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan
Urge to kill rising...
You want Donnie Nelson's address?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:31 PM   #191
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's probably also pissed that they got him for basically crap (I think that #1 is so over valued) and we would have had to pay through the nose for him. Welcome to being a Maverick, Rick. Everyone else gets bargains and you get screwed.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 PM   #192
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

You can blame Devean George and Jerry Stackhouse . Aren't they the reasons why the draft picks are gone?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:07 PM   #193
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
You can blame Devean George and Jerry Stackhouse . Aren't they the reasons why the draft picks are gone?
No, George is the reason why Keith Van Horn's expiring contract is gone. Which would of been perfect for acquiring Artest. (I think it was around the same amount as he makes)
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:08 PM   #194
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
1. calm down
2. Ron Artest may not even re-sign, so 3 rings? come on
3. it's a very big IF... as in, it's never happened before so hold your horses

This is a great move by the Rockets, don't get me wrong, but slow down on 3 guaranteed championships.

that's why I said BIG IF, so it's cool. I don't care if they go on a 37 game win streak---history says someone's getting hurt. But, I hope it does not happen.

I would just like to see a deep rox team, completely healthy in the second round...from there anything is possible.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:10 PM   #195
And1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
is this better?

wow

Quote:
Yao is in China. How are they getting along fine already lol.

*phone is actual size, in Yao's hand

Last edited by And1; 07-31-2008 at 09:36 PM.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 PM   #196
alby
Guru

The deal isn't official right?

So couldn't we give Sacramento a better offer? I mean, it's not like they have an allegiance with Houston...

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 07-31-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:40 PM   #197
And1

Quote:

So couldn't we give Sacramento a better offer? I mean, it's not they have an allegiance with Houston...

do the mavs have any # 1 picks to ship to Sacramento?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 PM   #198
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1
do the mavs have any # 1 picks to ship to Sacramento?
Sure. Take every other year starting in about 2012.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:49 PM   #199
alby
Guru

I would consider Brandon Bass a proven #1 draft pick.

In fact, with Beno/Salmons/Garcia/Martin already on the team, I would rather have Bass as opposed to two more guards in Donte and Bobby.

If Bobby can be the centerpiece of a trade, a young Bass can be as well IMHO.

Bass/Stack/Jones (expiring)

Contact Me
Old 07-31-2008, 10:40 PM   #200
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:

So couldn't we give Sacramento a better offer? I mean, it's not they have an allegiance with Houston...
Oh no, the deal is definitely official. They just can't fully announce it until August 14th, but behind closed doors (between the Rockets and Kings), it is.