Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #161
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I would love that Caseman.

Please, do something with Memphis! Buy the pick at the very least!!!

Portland just has a stable of young guys, you would think a handful of them actually pan out and become good to great.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-26-2008 at 09:10 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #162
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

smart move by the blazers

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #163
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

blazers get another quality player---what a franchise.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #164
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, maybe our Mavs will somehow pick up an early 2nd rounder and draft Ante Tomic, and by doing so, be able to pay him enough with a 2nd round contract to entice him over from Europe... That's what I would like to see, anyways... Otherwise we may just end up winning the Longar Longar booby prize with our #51...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-26-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #165
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs let Pritchard and Presti leave and look at the moves they're doing in Portland and Seattle while the Spurs pick George Hill. Good grief.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #166
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

If the Blazers can package some of their excess young players right, they can pull in a superstar and really be scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Well, maybe our Mavs will somehow pick up an early 2nd rounder and draft Ante Tomic, and by doing so, be able to pay him enough with a 2nd round contract to entice him over from Europe... That's what I would like to see, anyways...
Doubt it. Early 2nd's are harder to get than late 1st's.

Last edited by Caseman; 06-26-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #167
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty rare to get an early 2nd during the draft for nothing. Teams like those early second round picks because they're non-guaranteed.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #168
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Looks like the Mavericks aren't doing anything this year. Have fun with the Cubs, Cuban...

Last edited by Caseman; 06-26-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #169
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Portland Trailblazers

Bayless/Blake
Roy/Webster/Jones
Outlaw/Webster/Jones/Arthur
Aldridge/Arthur/Frye
Oden/Przybilla

Wow.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 06-26-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:17 PM   #170
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

MAVS LIVE!
DB.com Reports All Night From Mavs HQ
By Mike Fisher -- DB.com

CDR AND THE TRIGGER POINTS

What the hell happened to those “trigger points’’?

The Spurs were willing to deal pick No. 26, but instead took somebody named George Hill.

Here comes Portland using NO’s pick at No. 27.

Then comes Memphis – also rumored to be willing to peddle their pick – at No. 28.

If the “trigger point’’ doesn’t come soon, it ain’t coming.

The idea of Dallas liking Chris Douglas-Roberts keeps getting circulated. But as an example of how little we know, I give you two of my friends from The Ticket (doing great work overall), Skin and Norm Hitzges, who according to the 75-Member Staff just had this exchange:

Skin: “CDR is one of those herky-jerky guys.’’

Norm: “Yeah. … he’s smooooooth.’’

Um. … he’s herky-jerky AND smooth? That’s versatility.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #171
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, so glad Fish is blogging from the Arena to give us nuggets like that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #172
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Portland Trailblazers

Bayless/Blake
Roy/Webster/Jones
Outlaw/Webster/Jones/Arthur
Aldridge/Arthur/Frye/McRoberts
Oden/Przybilla

Wow.
McRoberts went in the Indiana deal and Jones opted out of his contract.

Still,that's a hell of a lineup. Damn.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #173
alby
Guru

God, I hate Dallas.

Contact Me
Old 06-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #174
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
McRoberts went in the Indiana deal and Jones opted out of his contract.

Still,that's a hell of a lineup. Damn.
Cheap. Talented. Young. damnit

Contact Me
Old 06-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #175
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the bright side...anticipation is building for #51!!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #176
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I've learned anything from Fish's articles yet I keep reading them. It's bad.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #177
Caseman
Golden Member

"Well our team was a 51 win team! We don't need to change a thing! Har! Har! Har!"
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #178
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
If the Blazers can package some of their excess young players right, they can pull in a superstar and really be scary.

Doubt it. Early 2nd's are harder to get than late 1st's.
Yeah, I know... And those picks have become even more valuable in an era when the Euro is strong enough in comparison to the dollar that low NBA 1st round money isn't enough to entice Euro players away from the Euroleague, but a more lucrative 2nd round contract might be... As far as my scenario is concerned though, I'd say that it never hurts to think positively (even, if unrealistically)...
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #179
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

And there goes D.J. with his glass bones and rebuilt tendons...
Old 06-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #180
alby
Guru

CDR is still there... will the champs pick him up?

Contact Me
Old 06-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #181
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
CDR is still there... will the champs pick him up?
Guard help and scoring is what they would be looking for...
Old 06-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #182
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

This has been a waste of time.....
Old 06-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #183
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Guard help and scoring is what they would be looking for...
Makes Dallas just look silly.

Contact Me
Old 06-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #184
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

Apparently Portland and Houston are exchanging Batum and Arthur

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #185
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Draft Express reporting that the Blazers are trading for Nicholas Batum. No further details.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #186
alby
Guru

F seriously? link.

Contact Me
Old 06-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #187
alby
Guru

WOW NO CDR?

Contact Me
Old 06-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #188
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Batum was traded for the rights to Arthur and one of Portlands 2nd round picks.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #189
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Stuart Scott is a moron. He was just poking fun at the fact that the shirt that Doc Rivers wore in game 6 of the finals recently sold for "$50,000" (it was $55,000) on ebay (the auction wasn't on ebay, but was instead held by a Boston area radio station), saying of the buyer, "Get a Life!". But he didn't mention that the shirt was sold for charity, with the proceeds going to the Boston Celtics Shamrock Foundation... Do some research before opening your yap, or at least run your sthtick by some of your staff before broadcast time, so it can be fact-checked, Stu...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-26-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #190
Caseman
Golden Member

Is Nelson asleep watching the Rangers?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #191
BGMaverick9
Guru

it's going to be trickier to move up and around maybe, but we SERIOUSLY need to get CDR. There is zero risk with him now.

SERIOUSLY....

And Donnie and Cuban have some explaining to do.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-26-2008 at 09:34 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #192
MavsFanFinley
Guru

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...A-Draft--2952/

I was just informed by the Trailblazers that Nicolas Batum was traded by Houston to Portland in exchange for the rights to Darrell Arthur and one of Portland’s early second round picks.

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 06-26-2008 at 09:34 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #193
alby
Guru

I've accepted it. The Dallas Mavericks ARE NOT moving up.

Contact Me
Old 06-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #194
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
I've accepted it. The Dallas Mavericks ARE NOT moving up.
Really. It only took you after the first round was over?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #195
alby
Guru

Watch Houston pick up CDR or Chalmers with that 2nd round pick.

damnit.

Contact Me
Old 06-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #196
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

The Mavs really really pissed me off today.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #197
BGMaverick9
Guru

MAVS LIVE!
DB.com Reports All Night From Mavs HQ
By Mike Fisher -- DB.com

END OF ROUND 1. BEGINNING OF PHASE 2?

Donnie said earlier tonight that player acquisition is a “three-phase thing,’’ and that the draft is just “the first phase.’’ Free agency and trades, of course, are the next two trades, and whether it’s my anger or my boredom, I’m preparing to move on to a later phase.

Which brings me to DeGana Diop.

The Mavs’ interest in ‘Gana Diop is old news in this space (though the DMNews’ mention of giving him the full MLE is a different angle). We’ll try to stay ahead of the pack by offering up this: We’re told at least six teams want to be in the running for Diop’s services. So even the easy ones aren’t that easy.

PS: We readily acknowledge that ending up giving ‘Gana $5.7 mil or whatever – even though that’s what Dallas would’ve had to pay him to keep him had he not been traded – represents a circle-jerk of sorts. We had him. … we threw him into the Kidd trade. … he was a Net for two months … and now we have to use a major asset just to bring him back.

PSS: More than a few people at Mavs HQ project Diop as the starter, with Dampier as his backup.

PSSS: The more I think about it, the more I think it’s not THE MAVS who want to give Diop the full MLE and would say that to the DMNews. … it’s Diop’s AGENT who would say such a thing.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:37 PM   #198
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
Really. It only took you after the first round was over?
Yeah, I don't know why I had faith in Cuban and/or Nellie to do anything.
I miss the days when the Mavericks actually did sh*t in the offseason. I am so upset right now.

Cubes, if you don't care anymore--and you're focused on the fact that the Cubs are currently the best team in baseball right now, then get out. Just get out now.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 06-26-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #199
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Arggghhhh... There goes Big Pekovic... Future Top 10 center in the league...

SMASH AND CRUSH!

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-26-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #200
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Ha! Terry Porter just said that Lopez is going to "defend at the defensive end." It must be assuring for Suns fans to know that he at least has the sides of the floor down correctly!
And D'antoni said "you all know I can get players like Gillinari to play some Defense."
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote