Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #161
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I'm sure his return has nothing to do with the two game losing streak and the fact we're facing another good team. There's just no way you can make the case we're rushing him back too early.
Alright so now that that's settled....

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #162
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Damn, Josh looked pretty hobbled tonight huh?
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:09 AM   #163
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforlife09 View Post
Damn, Josh looked pretty hobbled tonight huh?
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2321

"“It's going to be sore, guys,’’ Josh told reporters after..."

"“He just showed a lot of guts tonight,’’ Carlisle said. “Because he was tired and you could tell he was a little sore.’’"
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #164
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2321

"“It's going to be sore, guys,’’ Josh told reporters after..."

"“He just showed a lot of guts tonight,’’ Carlisle said. “Because he was tired and you could tell he was a little sore.’’"
What I meant by "hobbled" was that it didn't look like Josh was overtly favoring the ankle, or pushing himself less than 100% because of the ankle. Of course its going to be sore, and it will be for awhile, thats the nature of ankle injuries. What I look for is whether or not the injury is hampering the player to the point where they have to adjust their game to compensate. That may have seemed slightly present last night, but I thought overall Josh looked fantastic, and fairly healthy. He gave 110% when he was out there on BOTH the offensive and defensive ends.

To me, his performance, and the way he moved and acted on the court indicated to me that he won't be hobbled the whole season with this injury. Its plays like the fantastic block he had last night that cause me to think Josh is already healthier than he has been in a long, long time. And he will only continue to get healthier as the season progresses hopefully.

Last edited by ReDirkulous Tyme; 12-09-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #165
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforlife09 View Post
To me, his performance, and the way he moved and acted on the court indicated to me that he won't be hobbled the whole season with this injury.
Josh Howard: ""Just keep working at it. It’s going to be sore the rest of the year, guys. It's something I'm going to have to deal with and just keep playing."

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2323

Word is that he may not even be playing in back to backs. Who knows how long this will go on, but Howard and Carlisle are still talking about it like this is a permanent situation.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #166
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Josh Howard: ""Just keep working at it. It’s going to be sore the rest of the year, guys. It's something I'm going to have to deal with and just keep playing."

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2323

Word is that he may not even be playing in back to backs. Who knows how long this will go on, but Howard and Carlisle are still talking about it like this is a permanent situation.
http://www.nba.com/video/mavericks/

Listen to this interview, he seems to think it will get 100% sometime soon.

BEAT LA
Old 12-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #167
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If the surgery had done what it was designed to do, then he would have been back and playing at 100% a long, long time ago. The fact that he wasn't tells us that it didn't do what it was supposed to do and that we're going to have a hobbled Josh, for at least the rest of this season if not the rest of his career.
I love the certainty in posts like this one. Are you like 7 years old or something? The human body is not like a car. You don't bend a wheel and just replace it with another one. Different bodies have different problems and all people don't heal the same. You have no idea of what the docs found when they opened him up. You have no clue as to why his healing was delayed. And apparently you have no sympathy for how much worse it might be, because he took a shot every night of the playoffs, and gutted it up to get this team out of the second round.

I do know that it only makes sense to give the guy all the time he needs to heal. Take a lesson from Pop in SA. Winning games in December isn't nearly as important as having all your guys healthy in May. A gimpy Josh was good for 18/5 last year. Healthy, he was generally good for 19/7, and that was without Kidd, when his 4th quarter assignment was to spot up and watch the awesome Dirk-Terry 2 man game...which was good enough to get to the finals and win 67 games. But Josh averages almost 20 in 3 quarters.

My point is, the reasons for throwing the guy under the bus are weak. If there was a better player out there and a willing trade partner, then that's worth discussing. But with Josh at less that 100%, there is no way to trade him for someone better. You're left with NBA leftovers like Steven Jackson, a certified nut job, quitting on the team he just finished demanding an extension from. If you'd rather gamble on his sanity than Howard's health, I think you are setting yourself up to be disappointed.

If, on the other hand, Howard plays most games like the one against PHX, this team will be very very good. There are no back to backs in the playoffs. They already have the 3rd best record in the West. Add an 18/6 guy to that who's a solid defender...How could any Mavs fan not be happy?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #168
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I love the certainty in posts like this one. Are you like 7 years old or something? The human body is not like a car. You don't bend a wheel and just replace it with another one. Different bodies have different problems and all people don't heal the same. You have no idea of what the docs found when they opened him up. You have no clue as to why his healing was delayed. And apparently you have no sympathy for how much worse it might be, because he took a shot every night of the playoffs, and gutted it up to get this team out of the second round.

I do know that it only makes sense to give the guy all the time he needs to heal. Take a lesson from Pop in SA. Winning games in December isn't nearly as important as having all your guys healthy in May. A gimpy Josh was good for 18/5 last year. Healthy, he was generally good for 19/7, and that was without Kidd, when his 4th quarter assignment was to spot up and watch the awesome Dirk-Terry 2 man game...which was good enough to get to the finals and win 67 games. But Josh averages almost 20 in 3 quarters.

My point is, the reasons for throwing the guy under the bus are weak. If there was a better player out there and a willing trade partner, then that's worth discussing. But with Josh at less that 100%, there is no way to trade him for someone better. You're left with NBA leftovers like Steven Jackson, a certified nut job, quitting on the team he just finished demanding an extension from. If you'd rather gamble on his sanity than Howard's health, I think you are setting yourself up to be disappointed.

If, on the other hand, Howard plays most games like the one against PHX, this team will be very very good. There are no back to backs in the playoffs. They already have the 3rd best record in the West. Add an 18/6 guy to that who's a solid defender...How could any Mavs fan not be happy?
Great post...couldn't agree more. It is mind-boggling to me that folks think players/people/ceos/corporations ALL are just trying to get over and not doing their best or the best and are dogging it on purpose, I've rarely seen that be the case.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #169
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Take a lesson from Pop in SA. Winning games in December isn't nearly as important as having all your guys healthy in May.
In the last GDT, someone asked "what does Rick see that we don't?" in reference to Barea...

The short answer: 82 games.

Every minute JJB plays is another minute Josh Howard can heal...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #170
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
In the last GDT, someone asked "what does Rick see that we don't?" in reference to Barea...

Im absolutely positively trying not to be negative here to the point that I haven't posted on the RB/JJB subject, but even at his young age, Beaubois already provides more positives than negatives when Kidd is out there. I wouldn't put Roddy out there with Ross because there would be no experienced playmaker but as far as off-guard is concerned Roddy provides length and intensity while not taking shots from the better scorers. JJB can provide ball movement but little else and about 80% of the time he's an absolute defensive liability. Occasionally he can be a good defensive player but only insofar as he reads ever dribble perfectly and doesn't get hit with a screen or slaps the ball away. JJB usually does not contest shots well, does not take charges, and does not play passing lanes well.

I understand RC not wanting to play a rookie for key minutes in a big game but he's already shown me at least that he can handle himself at least defensively and can knock down 3s when open. With Ross injured its really not an issue of JJB or Howard. There are other options than JJB at the 2, and JJB is still playing alongside Howard.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-10-2009 at 01:38 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #171
ReDirkulous Tyme

Quote:

100% agree with you. And personally, I think a healthy Josh Howard, in this system, could get right around 20-21 a night. We heaven't seen a healthy Josh Howard play in this type of system whatsoever, so I'm highly excited to see what he'll do!!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #172
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I have read this a few times now from different people but the question still remains. Why not Roddy then? or at least a little more. He can spend the minutes just as well as JJB and he is better on the defensive end. Until R.C. comes out and says why, which I don't expect to happen, we will be asking this question until JHO is back full time and Roddys play clearly earns more of JJ's minutes. I thought that was already heappening tho, and thus the confusion.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-10-2009 at 01:36 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #173
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I understand RC not wanting to play a rookie for key minutes in a big game but he's already shown me at least that he can handle himself at least defensively and can knock down 3s when open.
That first part is your answer - I think Roddy is being limited ONLY because he's a rookie, but I fully expect him to steal more playtime from JJB as the season goes on (even after Josh is healthy...)

Barea is fairly consistent (good or bad) so Rick knows what he's dealing with and can game plan around him... I think Carlisle is still feeling out Roddy, trying to understand the subtleties of his strengths and weaknesses (as is Roddy) so he can better utilize him later in the season...

I bet we'll see a lot more Beaubois than Barea come playoff time...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-10-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #174
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I bet we'll see a lot more Beaubois than Barea come playoff time...
I would bet you see zero Beaubois and very, very little Barea come playoff time (assuming everyone is healthy).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #175
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to disagree jthig...I think jjb will continue to be the second point and he'll be used to spark the offense because there isn't another drive and kick guy on the team.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #176
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I have to disagree jthig...I think jjb will continue to be the second point and he'll be used to spark the offense because there isn't another drive and kick guy on the team.
I have no doubt that he'll be the backup point in the playoffs. But I would imagine any playing time at the off guard would be few and far between in the playoffs (again assuming everyone is healthy).

I would guess about 10 minutes a night, at the most.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 12-11-2009, 02:28 AM   #177
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Josh on his ankle (audio) on gamenight with Ben&Skin. About 8 minutes of interview with Josh one day after the Phoenix game. He said his ankle felt WAY better than at his first return from injury this season and even that he probably could play that day, if there would have been a game, so you really can't rule out b2b's for him at this point. He also talks a lot about his ankle rehabbing.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:42 AM   #178
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear.

I was really worried that this will become a chronic stuff. 3-4 games, 1 DNP, 10 games, a week out etc...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #179
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
chronic stuff.

Chronic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #180
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

One pattern I've seen with RC and his bench is a tendency to use a guy for a few games, then switch to another guy for the next few. We saw this last year with Bass and Singleton taking turns off the bench. That allowed him to see that Singleton was an ample sub for Bass's minutes. That gave him the freedom to let Bass go and take a flyer on Gooden, knowing that if DG flakes out, he's still got Singleton.

Perhaps the same thing is happening with Roddy. He's played a bunch, now he's sitting a bunch. RC now has a feel for where he is, and Roddy now has a feel for the NBA. I suspect there will be other times during the season when he'll get bunches of minutes, probably against teams that are easy to beat. For a guy like him who had only seen the NBA on TV, he can learn a lot just watching Kidd and JJB, and scrimmaging against him. I still think RC's plan is to have the kid able to help by playoff time. I am choosing to trust that this coach is better at breaking in young point guards than the last 2 are. It might be cool to see a repeat of Harris turning that series around against San Antonio, after being hurt for much of his 1st 2 years.

Last edited by G-Man; 12-12-2009 at 01:11 PM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #181
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
One pattern I've seen with RC and his bench is a tendency to use a guy for a few games, then switch to another guy for the next few. We saw this last year with Bass and Singleton taking turns off the bench. That allowed him to see that Singleton was an ample sub for Bass's minutes. That gave him the freedom to let Bass go and take a flyer on Gooden, knowing that if DG flakes out, he's still got Singleton.

Perhaps the same thing is happening with Roddy. He's played a bunch, now he's sitting a bunch. RC now has a feel for where he is, and Roddy now has a feel for the NBA. I suspect there will be other times during the season when he'll get bunches of minutes, probably against teams that are easy to beat. For a guy like him who had only seen the NBA on TV, he can learn a lot just watching Kidd and JJB, and scrimmaging against him. I still think RC's plan is to have the kid able to help by playoff time. I am choosing to trust that this coach is better at breaking in young point guards than the last 2 are. It might be cool to see a repeat of Harris turning that series around against San Antonio, after being hurt for much of his 1st 2 years.
True good point, I like how RC uses the entire roster. Develop the players and team.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #182
badfish22
Golden Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HecpU...layer_embedded

Rob breaks down Joshs return in his Moving Pictures series

BEAT LA
Old 12-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #183
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HecpU...layer_embedded

Rob breaks down Joshs return in his Moving Pictures series
Quote:
He employed the rarely used "spank defense".
Now that's just funny.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-30-2009, 11:47 PM   #184
badfish22
Golden Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmaveri...medium=twitter

Quote:
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said Josh Howard tweaked a hamstring in the first half at Denver on Sunday night. Howard left the game near the end of the first half, but was able to return and played well in the fourth quarter.

Howard was limited in practice the last two days, but Carlisle did not rule him out for Thursday's game at Houston.

"We held him out of contact yesterday (Tuesday). He did some things today (Wednesday), so we’ll cross our fingers and hope he’ll be OK tomorrow (Thursday)," Carlisle said.
great

BEAT LA
Old 01-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #185
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...t_100_percent/

100% at sucking....
Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #186
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The last little bit:
Quote:
. . .and was able to produce against the Lakers on Sunday.
leads me to believe that JHo has taken a part time job writing sports for the DMN while he "rehabs". 'Cause the only thing I can think of that he might have produced last night (besides a win for the Lakers) is this update.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:43 AM   #187
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

we really really really need to find a way to get rid of this guy.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 AM   #188
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

he's a nice expiring who can still play a little. even if he couldn't play he'd still have value. we WILL have an opportunity to move him. just hope it's for parts we can use.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #189
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

So is Howard day to day? What exactly happened to cause him to miss the Utah game?

(And once again it just shows that the Mavs cannot count on him.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #190
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Trade him for butler and be done with it
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #191
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Trade him for butler and be done with it
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5375402

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5375434

Last edited by sefant77; 01-10-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #192
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
So is Howard day to day? What exactly happened to cause him to miss the Utah game?

(And once again it just shows that the Mavs cannot count on him.)
bruised thigh. I think I read that he got it in the San Antonio game.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #193
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

singleton is much better than stevenson. do it str8 up butler for howard
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #194
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

bruised thigh? that dude's such a little b_tch. time for him to move on...
Old 01-11-2010, 01:30 AM   #195
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
singleton is much better than stevenson. do it str8 up butler for howard
i put Stevenson in as sweetner for the Wizards because because he makes around 4,5mio next season. Specially if they void Arenas they will look to dump Stevenson too for increased cap space.

Last edited by sefant77; 01-11-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #196
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Gerald Wallace for Josh Howard Doesn't seem so lateral now, does it?
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #197
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
i put Stevenson in as sweetner for the Wizards because because he makes around 4,5mio next season. Specially if they void Arenas they will look to dump Stevenson too for increased cap space.
this would make it much more likely they'd do it. and Stevenson is a pretty good defender.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #198
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

They need to do something. Jho just IS NOT the 2 guard that we need (nor is JET). Mostly because of his handles and ability to create and finish late in games. If we don't get that person, who ever it may be, we will surely not be the ultimate winners this year.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #199
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
They need to do something. Jho just IS NOT the 2 guard that we need (nor is JET). Mostly because of his handles and ability to create and finish late in games. If we don't get that person, who ever it may be, we will surely not be the ultimate winners this year.
Have to agree we just do NOT have another guy who can get to the ft line or drive and kick without doing a brain fart. It's going to bite us big, big time.

We are desperate for a guy with handles.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-11-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #200
dude1394
Guru

I was just watching a clip of Roddy against the spurs...maybe he's the answer to this if he can get his head right. But rick is going to have to give him some more time before he can really help down the stretch.

He's quick enough to play D (but still really,really green on pnr) and his handles are very nice with a thought of passing or shooting it. I haven't seen him get smashed so I'm not sure about drawing fouls but he may be our best drive and kicker.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Tags
flaco's purple nipples, getting high, glass ankle glass pipe, guitar/belle&sebastian?, howard, i smell a fail <-, i smell a fail ->, i smell a trade brewing, mcpants!, that's what she said, wadded panties, wanna be a world beater?, who's "steven" jackson