Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #161
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You know who I miss? Basketballgirl. Wonder what she's doing these days.
Now we know she isn't deceased since she posts over on spurstalk, but this gets me to wonder how many people have actually passed away without us ever knowing?

I'm pretty sure most of us haven't actually met each other so how would we know?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #162
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
Nice to see that MMG has joined. Hope MD, adyer, and some of the other intelligent posters join up.
You will not see adyer or md here, they are mods on the new board.

Good to see you too Bayliss. The new name may not last long, just doesn't look right.

I only dvr games when I'm not going to be home or home in time to watch them. Once I know the outcome, it just isn't worth watching.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #163
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post

Good to see you too Bayliss. The new name may not last long, just doesn't look right.

I only dvr games when I'm not going to be home or home in time to watch them. Once I know the outcome, it just isn't worth watching.
They can't come over here and comment? Or is this board considered competition? Just surprised, I guess. I enjoyed reading MD's game coverage.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #164
YaMean

YaMean is a jewel in the roughYaMean is a jewel in the roughYaMean is a jewel in the roughYaMean is a jewel in the roughYaMean is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post

Definitely more used to Silent Mav... you should bring it back! Seeing the handles I'm used to is sort of like home cookin'... the familiarity makes you feel all warm and comfy inside.
YaMean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #165
YaMean

YaMean is a jewel in the roughYaMean is a jewel in the roughYaMean is a jewel in the roughYaMean is a jewel in the roughYaMean is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
They can't come over here and comment? Or is this board considered competition? Just surprised, I guess. I enjoyed reading MD's game coverage.
I'm sure they can, but not sure if they will. If anything, they could come over and promote their Scout.com articles hehe
YaMean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #166
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

I didn't mean to imply that they couldn't. Just that they were most likely busy with their own thing. Plus, it's never a good idea to bite the hand that feeds you.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #167
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

you guys have to admit... the layout on this board is waaaay easier on the eyes.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #168
itsgotime

itsgotime is on a distinguished road

So, I'll probably be more lurker here than I have been, the time I joined this forum it was pretty dead and I took it off my bookmarks. With the influx of some good DB.com posters and most likely more on the way, I'll have to see how it all turns out.

Edit: I have to say, the quality of DB over the close to 10 years I've been there has gone way down. Picked up some really good posters over the years, but people are right, you have to sift through a lot of crap to get to the gems. If moderation is as it is being portrayed over here and the activity picks up from some of the good guys over there I might be more than a lurker.

Plus, I get to keep my name over here...something that isn't a real big deal, but nice to have.

Last edited by itsgotime; 11-03-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Instead of adding another post to the thread, one after another.
itsgotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #169
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
you guys have to admit... the layout on this board is waaaay easier on the eyes.
Yes, this place is more aesthetically pleasing, to be sure.

If the traffic was upped (just a little) I could make this my main hang.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #170
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of years back, the traffic was comparable to db.com.. the quality was significantly higher here. But, many of the long time members kinda slowed down significantly. Alot of it has to do with life getting in the way.. some of it had to do with the Mavs window slipping away as well. No, it's not closed, but it's not where it once was.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #171
Funkman

Hopefully IGT will do more than lurk. He's a very good poster. You can debate with him and he'll get a good give and take going with you. Didn't always agree on points, but the discussions were always a good read.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #172
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Yes, this place is more aesthetically pleasing, to be sure.

If the traffic was upped (just a little) I could make this my main hang.
ehhh a lot of the "traffic" at db.com is trolling and really horrible, repetitive basketball convo. If you strip all that out, it wouldn't be thaaat much more. It's just more focused over here.

Also, I like how active our GDTs normally are. Makes games (especially playoff games) that much better.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 11-03-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #173
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, I like how active our GDTs normally are. Makes games (especially playoff games) that much better.
you DO enjoy a good "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRK for 3!!!!!" and "PASS THE BALL, YOU FREAKIN MIDGET!" post as much as anyone.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #174
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
you DO enjoy a good "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRK for 3!!!!!" and "PASS THE BALL, YOU FREAKIN MIDGET!" post as much as anyone.

well.. you know that no one near me gives two sh*ts about the Mavs, so I need to vent somewhere :P
Old 11-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #175
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well.. you know that no one near me gives two sh*ts about the Mavs, so I need to vent somewhere :P
that stinks.

(pun intended)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #176
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that stinks.

(pun intended)

Old 11-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #177
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
A couple of years back, the traffic was comparable to db.com.. the quality was significantly higher here. But, many of the long time members kinda slowed down significantly. Alot of it has to do with life getting in the way.
Yep.

This was a VERY busy site for an extremely long time. I personally spent a lot of time here. But time is the one thing I don't have enough of anymore since my son has started high school and aau basketball. Plus I've been coaching a lot.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #178
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A couple of years back, the traffic was comparable to db.com.. the quality was significantly higher here. But, many of the long time members kinda slowed down significantly. Alot of it has to do with life getting in the way.. some of it had to do with the Mavs window slipping away as well. No, it's not closed, but it's not where it once was.
I think your last point might explain the traffic downturn the best. My guess is that people have gotten used to the fifty win seasons with no championships to show for it, and it's caused a gradual loss of excitement over the years. I'd imagine that the traffic on the message board reflects public sentiment about the Mavericks in general. Whereas years ago the Mavericks were like the Rangers team that had slain the giant gorilla on their back and in the process created a fervor that swept through the Metroplex, the current Mavericks unit seems to be at a point of stagnation. This roster also isn't the most exciting one so it isn't going to appeal much to the common fan.

I have to admit that the main reason that I follow the Mavericks right now is that I'm just a basketball junkie so I can appreciate stuff like the way Jason Kidd has mastered the game at such an advanced age, but I don't think the common fan really cares much about that. So I think what you are left with is a message board full of die-hards with little new blood really coming in.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #179
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post

I have to admit that the main reason that I follow the Mavericks right now is that I'm just a basketball junkie so I can appreciate stuff like the way Jason Kidd has mastered the game at such an advanced age, but I don't think the common fan really cares much about that. So I think what you are left with is a message board full of die-hards with little new blood really coming in.
I don't like "common fans".

This place still has more than enough Hoops IQ and personality to whip any other forum I've visited...but I do miss some of the old guard.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #180
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
I don't like "common fans".

This place still has more than enough Hoops IQ and personality to whip any other forum I've visited...but I do miss some of the old guard.
I agree. The "slower" board doesn't bug me (too much) because of how good the quality is. and it has already picked up after the first 3 games, and it will only pick up more.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #181
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I think your last point might explain the traffic downturn the best. My guess is that people have gotten used to the fifty win seasons with no championships to show for it, and it's caused a gradual loss of excitement over the years. I'd imagine that the traffic on the message board reflects public sentiment about the Mavericks in general. Whereas years ago the Mavericks were like the Rangers team that had slain the giant gorilla on their back and in the process created a fervor that swept through the Metroplex, the current Mavericks unit seems to be at a point of stagnation. This roster also isn't the most exciting one so it isn't going to appeal much to the common fan.

You are right..but I know that with me and 3-4 other former heavy posters, it's about time.. And yeah, a member or two died.. a member made such an ass of himself that he hid in Waco never to return.. a lesbian member left us wondering.. anyways.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #182
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ehhh a lot of the "traffic" at db.com is trolling and really horrible, repetitive basketball convo. If you strip all that out, it wouldn't be thaaat much more. It's just more focused over here.
Ga-gree. I used to check the DB.com boards on occasion, and it seemed like whenever I went there I just found TMacsOneGoodEye spinning the same old stuff.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #183
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Ga-gree. I used to check the DB.com boards on occasion, and it seemed like whenever I went there I just found TMacsOneGoodEye spinning the same old stuff.
This.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #184
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

^That was one of the most annoying issues, imo. He posted the same shtick and it just wound up pissing off some members. I'm guessing that was part of his intent-but he came off as one dimensional and simply not funny. He was allowed to remain because he'd been there for a long period of time, despite the fact that he brought little, if anything, worth discussing and just posted to provoke others.
You don't like certain players, that's fine. But why clutter up a board with threads all berating/belittling that player? The same goes the other way-I don't want to read 5-10 threads all about the greatness of __________. Limit it to one thread o' love or hate.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #185
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are right..but I know that with me and 3-4 other former heavy posters, it's about time.. And yeah, a member or two died.. a member made such an ass of himself that he hid in Waco never to return.. a lesbian member left us wondering.. anyways.
So solid. This is why I keep reading your posts - gems like this.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #186
fluid.forty.one

lol Fish and his admins are getting desperate (and looking kind of sad IMO)

Quote:
dbmrfish wrote:C, I'd like to invite you -- and I MEAN this -- to Flower Mound on Monday. My house. Come sit on the couch in my living room. (My 'office'.) And see how Mom-and-Pop this process is. I get to steer a lear jet now instead of a tricycle. ... but it's still me. It's still US.
You, Jeff, Silent, Miles, Shrub ... who else wants to come over?
Dead serious.
email me
dbmrfish19@yahoo.com.
cmon over.
you'll see. It's still me and Marcia and Tony sitting around figuring what button to push
lots of these types of posts over there
Old 11-06-2010, 03:08 AM   #187
Hondo

Hondo has a spectacular aura aboutHondo has a spectacular aura aboutHondo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmavsgirl View Post
Another member of db.com that isn't happy about the move. Just wanted to let the Dal-Mav crew know there are a lot of great posters there mixed in with the riff-raff. I kind of feel like Fish just kicked us to the curb. The old site is becoming vacant but the new site isn't exactly taking off. The FOFs will follow him anywhere but some of us feel like free agents. Or one of those many unused trade exceptions.
Hey GOT I moved over here, I haven't posted alot but its seems to be alright. Iam no longer Pistol but thats ok. Glad you came over.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:31 AM   #188
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
lol Fish and his admins are getting desperate (and looking kind of sad IMO)

lots of these types of posts over there
It's actually pretty damn nice of him all things considered. He could just go for the FOX money and not care about some casualties along the way. Instead, he's at least making the effort to convince some of the underwhelmed board members to come over to the new site. It's obvious that DB.com and the feel that comes/came with the site is more than just a job for him. Good for him. And good for us, to be honest.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #189
Funkman

The more people that go to the new site means more money. So casualties do affect him. Don't believe that it's purely a noble gesture. And not everyone is underwhelmed, there are a variety of reasons. And the behavior by his admin the last few days reflects that.

Last edited by Funkman; 11-07-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #190
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Wait...there are other Maverick message boards?

Sounds like bullsh.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #191
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

madmavsgirl, Stuck on automatic, KillerLeft, Spurred1, itsgotime, Silent Mav...nice !

OK , now give me some shawxx, Rodzilla, SuckmyDirk, BlondeBomber, tarpleys last hit, miles berg, nsrammstein, mavsfan23, larylegnd, Lukor, jerryjohnson, catsil, viking...and many others.

Last edited by markus1234; 11-07-2010 at 04:18 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #192
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
madmavsgirl, Stuck on automatic, KillerLeft, Spurred1, itsgotime, Silent Mav...nice !

OK , now give me some shawxx, Rodzilla, SuckmyDirk, BlondeBomber, tarpleys last hit, miles berg, nsrammstein, mavsfan23, larylegnd, Lukor, jerryjohnson, catsil, viking...and many others.
In due time...
Old 11-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #193
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

One of these new dudes needs to handle up on my shoulder pads.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #194
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

del

Last edited by markus1234; 11-07-2010 at 10:13 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #195
sike
The Preacha

Its kinda like a band camp reunion around here recently....

Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #196
fluid.forty.one

Is that why you asked to borrow my flute?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #197
Funkman

are we talking band camp from American Pie 2, or the straight to video American Pie 4 band camp?
Old 11-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #198
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
One of these new dudes needs to handle up on my shoulder pads.
I'd prefer you take us all out to dinner and have the "new dudes" pay for our tab.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #199
itsgotime

itsgotime is on a distinguished road

BTW, the misconception of the 75 member staff in this thread is kind of funny (funny in the anger at which some posters are referring to his use of the term).

He refers to the 75 member staff as the guys and gals on the message board, not as some team of people on his payroll to make it seem he's bigger than he is.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #200
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgotime View Post
BTW, the misconception of the 75 member staff in this thread is kind of funny (funny in the anger at which some posters are referring to his use of the term).

He refers to the 75 member staff as the guys and gals on the message board, not as some team of people on his payroll to make it seem he's bigger than he is.
Yeah, I always hated how Fish would exploit the wealth of knowledge provided by his board and pretend like other posters' ideas were his own in his articles.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fish n chips, fish=dust exaggerator, fluff?