Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-18-2015, 11:37 PM   #161
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Strange use of "in other words." Green! In other words, purple!
Slangwhanger! Flibbertigibbet! Snollygoster!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2015, 12:10 AM   #162
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I cannot wait until the Warriors destroy the Rockets so all these Rockets fans can scurry back to being passive/aggressive on ClutchFans. Rockets were swept by GS during the regular season. Four double digit losses, at least two complete blowouts.
People said the same thing about the Rockets in the secound round and they continue to prove the doubters wrong. The ESPN sheep say "oh, but the Warriors beat the Rockets 4-0 in the regular season and the Rockets MIGHT win one game". Nah, let's not look into the fact that Howard was injured the two games he played and shut it down not too long after the fourth game. The rotations in the first two games include players that aren't even on the team anymore and the last two were when Brewer/Smith were on the team less than a month.

What Golden State did in the regular season was great and should be commended. But, who did they play in the playoffs? A young and inexperienced Pelicans team? An injured Memphis team? If Conley and Allen were healthy, they may have taken that series. The Rockets have the length and athleticism to hang with GS, and the PFs to neutralize the biggest reason for their emergence (Draymond Green's improvement).

The Clippers were by far the worst matchup for the Rockets because of that athletic frontcourt. Warriors don't have that. Playoff Howard will feast on Bogut. Watch.

Rockets in 6.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:12 AM   #163
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hardly.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:38 AM   #164
Samurai

Samurai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
A peaceful and well-meaning troll is still a troll. These people won't ever post here again once Houston is eliminated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
In other words, no Houston fans allowed under any circumstances, or, for that matter, any non-partisan poster, even if they can provide information or add to the debate.
Quote:
"A peaceful and well-meaning" Houston fan posts to a thread with the rather inflammatory heading of "Houston can suck it." And, of course, he's the troll. Sorry if I got the idea that this is a partisans only club where Houston fans are not welcome. And, silly me, how could a Houston fan possibly have anything of interest to say to Mavs fans, who, as everybody knows, are far much more intelligent?

Last edited by Samurai; 05-19-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:33 AM   #165
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
People said the same thing about the Rockets in the secound round and they continue to prove the doubters wrong. The ESPN sheep say "oh, but the Warriors beat the Rockets 4-0 in the regular season and the Rockets MIGHT win one game". Nah, let's not look into the fact that Howard was injured the two games he played and shut it down not too long after the fourth game. The rotations in the first two games include players that aren't even on the team anymore and the last two were when Brewer/Smith were on the team less than a month.

What Golden State did in the regular season was great and should be commended. But, who did they play in the playoffs? A young and inexperienced Pelicans team? An injured Memphis team? If Conley and Allen were healthy, they may have taken that series. The Rockets have the length and athleticism to hang with GS, and the PFs to neutralize the biggest reason for their emergence (Draymond Green's improvement).

The Clippers were by far the worst matchup for the Rockets because of that athletic frontcourt. Warriors don't have that. Playoff Howard will feast on Bogut. Watch.

Rockets in 6.

Lol way to only point out stuff that helps your argument while ignoring things like you had Dmo all 4 times and Pat Bev 3 of the 4 games. And no, people did not say the same thing about the Clippers because you actually beat the Clippers in the regular season. You're going to get destroyed by Golden State. I literally put money on it.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:13 AM   #166
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"A peaceful and well-meaning" Houston fan posts to a thread with the rather inflammatory heading of "Houston can suck it." And, of course, he's the troll. Sorry if I got the idea that this is a partisans only club where Houston fans are not welcome. And, silly me, how could a Houston fan possibly have anything of interest to say to Mavs fans, who, as everybody knows, are far much more intelligent?
This is a Dallas Mavericks forum -- if you don't like the way we display our fandom for OUR team, then don't post here. I mean, it's not like you've contributed any sort of meaningful basketball conversation or debate yourself. All you've done is come into our home and tell us how to conduct ourselves. If you want to have meaningful conversations about the Rockets, then go to Clutchfans (where they absolutely never talk sh!t about other teams because they're the classiest sports fans on the internet).

Also, Houston can suck it.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-19-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:23 AM   #167
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Lol way to only point out stuff that helps your argument while ignoring things like you had Dmo all 4 times and Pat Bev 3 of the 4 games. And no, people did not say the same thing about the Clippers because you actually beat the Clippers in the regular season. You're going to get destroyed by Golden State. I literally put money on it.
Bev being out hurts, but DMo did not play well against GSW. Josh Smith and Terrence Jones match up better with the 4s for the Warriors. Plenty of people said that the Rockets would be wrecked by the Clipper, what are YOU talking about? It was all over this forum, mavs basketball forum, espn, etc. Why would you place a bet on Golden State with those odds? That is a pretty bad bet. You're not winning shit if they win. Vegas is loving the money being thrown at the Warriors, just like the Clippers last round.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:44 AM   #168
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then why don't you start the "Houston Rockets peace, love, and joy" thread. If you know in advance of the thread's name, then I'm not sure why you'd be surprised by the posts in it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:07 AM   #169
melvind
Banned

melvind can only hope to improve

Quote:
He also failed to mention that Terrance Jones didn't play in any of those games and Cory Brewer and Josh smith also weren't there for the 1st 2 games. The Rockets had Tarik Black, Kostas Papanikalou and Joey Dorsey getting key minutes in the 1st 2 games. Bottom line Golden St. is going to see a much different team than what they saw in the regular season. I am excited to see how we match up.

People did say the same the thing about the Clippers and that the Rockets were much inferior to the Clippers and were 2nd tier as compared to the Dubs, spurs, Clipps..... One reason was that the Clipps had the rockets number prior to the first win in game 3 of the regular season. The Clipps had won 11 of 12 against the Rockets. So yeah they had reason to say the Clippers would destroy them.

All in all even if the Rockets do get destroyed in this round it has been fun to watch them grow as a team and to go through the process of becoming great. As with the previous 2 series we could really use Bev and Dmo but hey we ride with who we got....
melvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #170
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

Rockets in 6.
Why did you predict Rockets in 7 over at the Spurs forum? Just curious what your agenda is over here.
vmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:50 PM   #171
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is a Dallas Mavericks forum. Opposing fans can register and post, but if they choose to do so, people will question their motivations. That's particularly true where the opposing fan roots for a team that just eliminated the Mavs less than a month ago.

The Rockets fans posting on this board right now are motivated by one thing: puffing their chests. That is not an admirable trait. It's even less admirable when done in a passive-aggressive way, as here.

So, to respond to your post more directly: it's not that Houston fans "aren't welcome." It's that their reasons for being here speak poorly of them as people. They're being treated accordingly.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:08 PM   #172
melvind
Banned

Quote:
This is a Dallas Mavericks forum. Opposing fans can register and post, but if they choose to do so, people will question their motivations. That's particularly true where the opposing fan roots for a team that just eliminated the Mavs less than a month ago.

The Rockets fans posting on this board right now are motivated by one thing: puffing their chests. That is not an admirable trait. It's even less admirable when done in a passive-aggressive way, as here.

So, to respond to your post more directly: it's not that Houston fans "aren't welcome." It's that their reasons for being here speak poorly of them as people. They're being treated accordingly.
I know this Houston fan started posting well before I had anything to puff my chest about so I am not motivated by that and really have only posted to threads related to the Rockets and probably wouldn't have even posted in this one if it had died on 4/23 like it should have. But for some reason it was bumped 17 days later on May 10 to trash on Houston because they were down 3-1. Not sure that is an admirable trait. But they were wrong and Houston showed heart.

Like I said before if folks just stop talking about Houston I am pretty sure the thread will die and the Trolls wont have anything to talk about.

I actually like hearing another point of view on the players on my team especially when there is substance to the argument. My time has really given me a different view on my man Harden and so far I can't argue the point that if he doesn't get to the free throw line he really is terrible. His shooting percentage is terrible as well and he hasn't really stepped up to 2nd place finish in MVP in either series yet. His team has bailed him out and I guess I wouldn't have really seen this without discussions with certain users on this site. Of course I am still pulling for him to turn it around in this series

Last edited by melvind; 05-19-2015 at 06:10 PM. Reason: changed heard to heart
Old 05-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #173
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

If Curry goes off on houston.. I'd kinda laugh
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:09 AM   #174
Underdog

"Thank God it's nothing major. It's very painful. I tried to play it off but I couldn't give my teammates what I needed to give them." -- The Sound of a Queef

Last edited by Underdog; 05-20-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:14 AM   #175
Samurai

Samurai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
All you've done is come into our home and tell us how to conduct ourselves.
If this is home, where are the adults?
Old 05-20-2015, 01:18 AM   #176
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Rockets will win a game at best. Terry and Prigioni just wont cut it against Curry.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:24 AM   #177
Underdog

Quote:
If this is home, where are the adults?
That's the best you've got? Damn, I wish we could get some Spurs trolls in here to spar with -- at least they put a little effort into their comebacks.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:25 PM   #178
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Give credit where credit is due. The Clippers lost the series more than the Rockets won it, but digging out of a 1-3 hole does deserve some respect.

I still don't like the homeless floppers though. So glad Curry got the MVP, because Harden is not even a superstar.

Last edited by j0Shi; 05-20-2015 at 01:26 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:47 PM   #179
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

Guerillablack is a fraud. Lurks around here and clutchfans and posts other people's thoughts and pictures all over the spurs forum. At least give credit instead of blatantly stealing ideas and pictures.
vmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:45 PM   #180
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Mavs are the worst since 2011. I think we had 10 different PG since then or something like that.

I hope HOU trolls will make fun of us till at least November. Cuban (and his delusional sunshine pumping groupies) deserves exactly that and much more.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #181
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Mavs are the worst since 2011. I think we had 10 different PG since then or something like that.

I hope HOU trolls will make fun of us till at least November. Cuban (and his delusional sunshine pumping groupies) deserves exactly that and much more.
I was gonna get mad at your comment, but then I remembered you're a knee-jerking, gloom-and-doom reactionary who's never short on negative hyperbole when it comes to the Mavs... It was easy to forget because you haven't posted much lately (so thanks for that, I guess...)

Old 05-20-2015, 08:37 PM   #182
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What an awful Mavs fan you are. Just 100% terrible.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #183
melvind
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post
Rockets will win a game at best. Terry and Prigioni just wont cut it against Curry.
We will get more than one game and tell me who does cut it against Curry? Curry is a bad man......

Last edited by melvind; 05-20-2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:07 PM   #184
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

No one can stop Curry.

Only teams who could slow him to sub-.410 were
ATL (Teague)
CHI (Rose)
CLE (Irving)
DET
SAC

Then again, if you slow Curry, Thompson kills you.

ATL 55.0%/ 50.0% from three
CHI 44.0%/ 33.3% from three
CLE 43.3%/ 46.7% from three
DET 53.3%/ 62.5% from three
SAC 53.7%/ 53.1% from three

Only Chicago was able to slow both.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-20-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:06 PM   #185
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I guess GSWs are glad they didn't make a Thompson for Love deal.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:10 PM   #186
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I guess GSWs are glad they didn't make a Thompson for Love deal.
Love is just awful. Perfect example of a guy who is numbers without success. Cavs are better without him just like the Wolves were pretty mediocre WITH him. He just doesn't play well with others and clashes with other stars. He has the game of an amazing role player, but the ego of a superstar. Love deserves Kobe this offseason.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:27 AM   #187
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'm sure Dirk and Rick agree with me.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:19 AM   #188
Underdog

Quote:
I'm sure Dirk and Rick agree with me.
Dirk and Rick think Houston fans should troll this site so that Mavs fans feel bad for getting behind their team? Because that's exactly what you're saying... And it might be the most retarded thing I've ever read on this site (which is saying a lot, considering that D-M doesn't exactly have a shortage of retarded utterances).

Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #189
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He isn't a Mavs fan. He roots for Dirk and doesn't give two squats about the Mavs.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:44 AM   #190
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Houston fans should troll this site
Not this site. Twitter and clutchfans.net. What Cuban did since 2011 was almost criminal. His actions and his words were beyond stupid.

Last edited by markus1234; 05-21-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:18 AM   #191
Underdog

Quote:
Not this site. Twitter and clutchfans.net. What Cuban did since 2011 was almost criminal. His actions and his words were beyond stupid.
Oh, so Dirk and Rick think Houston fans should troll *THE INTERNET* so that Mavs fans feel bad for getting behind their team??? Yep, still the most retarded thing I've ever read on this site... I mean, when exactly did you have this discussion with Dirk and Rick to discover that they're both as petty, selfish, and disloyal as you are?

Last edited by Underdog; 05-21-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:36 AM   #192
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I hope HOU trolls will make fun of us till at least November.
And Samurai wonders why we'd have little toleration for such crap...

Sheesh.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:44 AM   #193
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
I mean, when exactly did you have this discussion with Dirk and Rick to discover that they're both as petty, selfish, and disloyal as you are?
Do you think Rick wanted Rondo ?

Do you think Rick liked the "This is not a good team over there" statement right before the playoffs started ?

Do you think the last 4 yrs (and esp. this season, when Dirk took the pay cut) is what Dirk expected ?

Was Cuban really the smartest guy in the house when it comes to the new CBA ? He definitely acted like that.

Read some interviews, "between the lines" and you will know what Dirk and Rick think about the last 4 seasons.

Last edited by markus1234; 05-21-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:48 AM   #194
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Love is just awful. Perfect example of a guy who is numbers without success. Cavs are better without him just like the Wolves were pretty mediocre WITH him. He just doesn't play well with others and clashes with other stars. He has the game of an amazing role player, but the ego of a superstar. Love deserves Kobe this offseason.
Totally agree and my sentiments are about the same for Ellis although I don't consider him awful...just not a catalyst for a championship caliber team.
Good 2nd or 3rd option but not the main goto guy.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:24 AM   #195
Underdog

Quote:

Do you think Rick liked the "This is not a good team over there" statement right before the playoffs started ?

Do you think the last 4 yrs (and esp. this season, when Dirk took the pay cut) is what Dirk expected ?

Was Cuban really the smartest guy in the house when it comes to the new CBA ? He definitely acted like that.

Read some interviews, "between the lines" and you will know what Dirk and Rick think about the last 4 seasons.
Here's some "reading between the lines" for you: why would Dirk take a pay cut in the first place if he didn't have 100% faith in Cuban and that Mavs organization? It's really hard to win in this league, especially in the West... Dirk knows that... Rick knows that... Stop trying to project your petulant worldview on people who have a much broader understanding of how the real world operates.

Look, I get that you're upset about not winning a ring every year like this is some kind of a video game, but that's no reason to lash out at Mavs fans for being optimistic. If you don't like people rooting for their team to succeed, then maybe you should stay the hell off of Dallas Mavericks forums.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #196
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well I don't know how anyone could blame Cuban for this season. Other seasons between 2011 and now...fine. But he did everything in his power to put a competitive team on the floor THIS SEASON. Rondo/Ellis/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler with Harris/Stoudemire/CV/RJ/Aminu off the bench is hardly something to be pissed about.

And Rick/Dirk/Cuban didn't quit on the team like Rondo did. Rondo made it easy to be the scapegoat.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:33 AM   #197
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This was my main gripe and the seasons that followed. This past season though, they worked their ass off to get a good group of players. It just didnt pan out(Rondo). (Ultimately, Monta cant take a team to the promise land too)
Old 05-21-2015, 10:34 AM   #198
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
He isn't a Mavs fan. He roots for Dirk and doesn't give two squats about the Mavs.
Well at least I have something to look forward to when Dirk retires...

Old 05-21-2015, 10:42 AM   #199
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well I don't know how anyone could blame Cuban for this season. Other seasons between 2011 and now...fine. But he did everything in his power to put a competitive team on the floor THIS SEASON. Rondo/Ellis/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler with Harris/Stoudemire/CV/RJ/Aminu off the bench is hardly something to be pissed about.

And Rick/Dirk/Cuban didn't quit on the team like Rondo did. Rondo made it easy to be the scapegoat.
Dirk even came out and said that he couldn't blame Rick.

But who cares what McMahon, BG, Rick, or even Dirk say. Markus is smarter.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #200
Underdog

I don't take issue with markus1234's opinions of the post-2011 Mavericks so much as I do with his statement that Mavs fans deserve to be trolled by Rockets fans because we stuck behind our team... That's akin to saying "I don't like the way Obama runs this country, so I hope terrorists nuke an American city off the face of the planet to teach everyone a lesson" (to use an extreme metaphor that even the dullest mind can grasp...)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-21-2015 at 10:58 AM.