Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-02-2006, 08:40 AM   #161
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I think Kobe is more naturally talented than Tmac.. not just a harder worker.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #162
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I think Kobe is more naturally talented than Tmac.. not just a harder worker.
i disagree, Tmac is taller and every bit as athletic. Hes also a more natural shooter.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:02 AM   #163
TheDiggler

TheDiggler is infamous around these partsTheDiggler is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
Well a PG, and athletic PF.
I think the Batier trade was a great move. But The Rockets are a poor mans Lakers (old lakers)
Kobe and Shaq
TMac and Yao
Point being Tmac is like Kobe and doesn't need another guy that will take the ball out of his hands. They need great role players, and a lot more luck with injuries.
It was Sarcasm.....
TheDiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:08 AM   #164
TheDiggler

TheDiggler is infamous around these partsTheDiggler is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, DWade, Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan in no particular order are all clearly better than tmac.
You're clearly delusional, but your opinion is your own.

I'm a Rocket fan and I can honesty say that I would take 3 out of that list of 5 over T-Mac.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #165
TheDiggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
are you kidding? we all hate him, but you have to at least acknowledge that.
When he develops a CONSISTANT 18 footer.....then maybe a top five player. But he's great nevertheless
Old 10-02-2006, 09:26 AM   #166
TheDiggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Lots of questions about Tmac right now, I dont think he will be as effective as he was against us last time around... as far as im concerned hes definitely on the decline with that back problem but thats not to say he wont still be a good player this coming year if healthy... it just won't be as easy as it used to.

Although I have to admit his remarkable hot streak against the Spurs is one of my all time favorite moments, he wont do that against us. Im honestly more worried about Yao at this point considering his later season dominance. He needs to get tougher if he wants to be dominant against our bigs though.
I'm not going to comment about the T-Mac, because any team had and will continue to have problems with him including the Mavs. Just like Dirk, T-Mac is UNGUARDABLE.

Now, the comment about Yao needing to be tougher if he wants to dominate your "bigs" is silly. lol Are you kidding? That's like me saying that Jason Terry needs to be MORE clutch if he wants to dominate against our guards. lol

You need to talk about how the Rockets need better guard play period and knocking down open jumpers would be a start if they want to contend with the Mavs. It's not close right now, because the Rockets have to prove that first. T-mac and Yao do not need to prove anything.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:25 AM   #167
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thats the thing, when tmac is hot he could very well be the scariest player in the league. The problem is, hes not consistent with it. He takes moronic shots which is why you cant take him out of the game when hes hot. A guy with a 40 inch vert who is 6-8 and will shoot it from 28 feet is unstoppable when thats going in. But shooting it so often is why one of the 5 most athletic people in the nba shoots 43%.
That's true. Sometimes he makes you smile, like you smile when "Toine" jacks up something that is so incredibly moronic it makes you laugh.

Problem is, with tmac, they've got a lot better chance of going in.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:47 AM   #168
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
That's true. Sometimes he makes you smile, like you smile when "Toine" jacks up something that is so incredibly moronic it makes you laugh.

Problem is, with tmac, they've got a lot better chance of going in.
True but then you look at Tmacs shooting percentage and you realize that they really dont. He is clearly a better shooter than Toine thats not my point but Im just pointing out that Tmacs HORRIBLE shot selection helps to water down his talent.

Diggler, Who wouldnt you take over tmac out of those 5? From your comments im guessing Wade is one and there isnt even an argument to be made for taking him over ANY of the other 4. Wade is better too but you can say what you want.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:45 AM   #169
TheDiggler

Quote:
Diggler, Who wouldnt you take over tmac out of those 5? From your comments im guessing Wade is one and there isnt even an argument to be made for taking him over ANY of the other 4. Wade is better too but you can say what you want.
One thing you're learn about me is that I'm not delusional...i'm fair and open minded. I know my players faults to a "T" I don't comment about things I don't know about......T-Mac has a back issue...well, ok it's a problem....when it's hurting, he takes a lot of jumpers. NOW....knowing this and seeing I watch 80 out of 82 games, I know that he DOESN'T have bad shot selection. If he takes a 26 footer, Houston fans are fine with it because the majority fall. That's like me saying Dirk has bad shot selection because he's 7 feet and take 26footers......I watch a lot of basketball, but I'm sure you've watched more Mav games than i have. You can say he has bad shooting percentages which I disagree with, he had a career low in shot percentage last year at 40.6%. Not making excuses for him, but I think you can guess why it was that low, but don't say his shot selection is bad.....that tells me that you don't watch many Rocket games. You're assuming.

To answer your question......the players I would take over T-Mac

1. Tim Duncan...........he's a staple and really don't deserve a reason
2. Kobe Bryant........... This is hard because they are simular in so many ways. I think it's the durability that sells me.
3. LeBron............Just because of what he will become.

D Wade is great, don't get me wrong.....but come on man. The guy can not knock down a consistant 15footer. When he learns the 15 and 18 footers will save his career, then he will be ridiculous. For right now, he's very, very talented and his power and speed will carry him as long as he has his youth and health.

Dirk is a living mismatch......no player makes me never like him. You CAN NOT GUARD him. With that being said......you can't guard Tracy either and you get more out Tracy in my opinion. I love the new Dirk and the way Avery has him playing. He actually goes to the paint now and kills you that way too. I'd rather have T-MAC though.

Last edited by TheDiggler; 10-02-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:59 AM   #170
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiggler
One thing you're learn about me is that I'm not delusional...i'm fair and open minded. I know my players faults to a "T" I don't comment about things I don't know about......T-Mac has a back issue...well, ok it's a problem....when it's hurting, he takes a lot of jumpers. NOW....knowing this and seeing I watch 80 out of 82 games, I know that he DOESN'T have bad shot selection. If he takes a 26 footer, Houston fans are fine with it because the majority fall. That's like me saying Dirk has bad shot selection because he's 7 feet and take 26footers......I watch a lot of basketball, but I'm sure you've watched more Mav games than i have. You can say he has bad shooting percentages which I disagree with, but don't say his shot selction is bad.....that tells me that you don't watch many Rocket games. You're assuming.

To answer your question......the players I would take over T-Mac

1. Tim Duncan...........he's a staple and really don't deserve a reason
2. Kobe Bryant........... This is hard because they are simular in so many ways. I think it's the durability that sells me.
3. LeBron............Just because of what he will become.

D Wade is great, don't get me wrong.....but come on man. The guy can not knock down a consistant 15footer. When he learns the 15 and 18 footers will save his career, then he will be ridiculous. For right now, he's very, very talented and his power and speed will carry him as long as he has his youth and health.

Dirk is a living mismatch......no player makes me never like him. You CAN NOT GUARD him. With that being said......you can't guard Tracy either and you get more out Tracy in my opinion. I love the new Dirk and the way Avery has him playing. He actually goes to the paint now and kills you that way too. I'd rather have T-MAC though.
I watch ALOT of houston games. I will probably end up watching more houston games than mavs games this year since im now in the houston market Tmac was my favorite non mav when he played for toronto so dont think im a tmac "hater" but he does have terrible shot selection. You believe him to be a gifted shooter correct? I do.

Yet he is a career 44% shooter. If he shot 44%, that wouldnt even be bad but he hasnt shot over 43.1% in the last 3 years. Nor has he shot 34% on 3s in the last 3 years. Im not really sure how you argue that his percentages are great. To be as athletic and have the handles that he does, he should shoot more fts too. Yes that is largely due to his back but yes, his back is part of him. this isnt fantasy world. You cant say well if tmac didnt have a bad back. Hes also nothing special defensively anymore because he just doesnt try anymore though that ability is still there.

Im sorry but Tmac just isnt as good as you think he is. Like i said hes dangerous in a short burst such as a 7 game series but over the course of the season he is arguably top 10 not top 5. To be honest, you could make a very legit argument that paul pierce is better than he is.

Wade on the other hand is a 48.2% shooting for his career. No he cant shoot as well as tmac can from distance but he is ALOT better at getting to the rim.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #171
TheDiggler

Quote:
I watch ALOT of houston games. I will probably end up watching more houston games than mavs games this year since im now in the houston market Tmac was my favorite non mav when he played for toronto so dont think im a tmac "hater" but he does have terrible shot selection. You believe him to be a gifted shooter correct? I do.

Yet he is a career 44% shooter. If he shot 44%, that wouldnt even be bad but he hasnt shot over 43.1% in the last 3 years. Nor has he shot 34% on 3s in the last 3 years. Im not really sure how you argue that his percentages are great. To be as athletic and have the handles that he does, he should shoot more fts too. Yes that is largely due to his back but yes, his back is part of him. this isnt fantasy world. You cant say well if tmac didnt have a bad back. Hes also nothing special defensively anymore because he just doesnt try anymore though that ability is still there.

Im sorry but Tmac just isnt as good as you think he is. Like i said hes dangerous in a short burst such as a 7 game series but over the course of the season he is arguably top 10 not top 5. To be honest, you could make a very legit argument that paul pierce is better than he is.

Wade on the other hand is a 48.2% shooting for his career. No he cant shoot as well as tmac can from distance but he is ALOT better at getting to the rim.
1st off...I never said that he's percentages were great? We are in the NBA in 2006....who has "great" percentages lol. I said his shot selection is not bad and I know this for a fact because I watched 95% of his game SINCE he's been in Houston. You say that you watch a good deal of Rocket games, but your Blue colored glasses only allows you to see tunel vision man lol. He had a bad percentage year....I admitted that. Was it because of injury? Yes. Did he attack the rim last year? No. The last time I remember him attacking the rack was in pre-season....a very long time ago. lol. In 2005, He consistantly attacked the rim and ending up in many highlight reels like the one he rode Shawn Bradley's back lol (sorry....cheap shot) You can't convince me that D Wade is better than T-Mac..Kobe or who ever until he can shoot a consistant jumper. He shot 48% from the field last year and that's from attacking rim ALL the time...nothing wrong with that until you face a team that play a GREAT zone like Greece and put a end to that shit lol. There are a lot of faults I see in Dirks game that I can name and reasons I can come up with to let you know that Dirk isn't as good as YOU think he is.....(Remember, its Jason Terry that hurts the Rockets...not Dirk) but I'm not going to do that for the sake of making silly points because Dirk is great and nothing I say will change that.

Last edited by TheDiggler; 10-02-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #172
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
1st off...I never said that he's percentages were great? We are in the NBA in 2006....who has "great" percentages lol. I said his shot selection is not bad and I know this for a fact because I watched 95% of his game SINCE he's been in Houston. You say that you watch a good deal of Rocket games, but your Blue colored glasses only allows you to see tunel vision man lol. He had a bad percentage year....I admitted that. Was it because of injury? Yes. Did he attack the rim last year? No. The last time I remember him attacking the rack was in pre-season....a very long time ago. lol. In 2005, He consistantly attacked the rim and ending up in many highlight reels like the one he rode Shawn Bradley's back lol (sorry....cheap shot) You can't convince me that D Wade is better than T-Mac..Kobe or who ever until he can shoot a consistant jumper. He shot 48% from the field last year and that's from attacking rim ALL the time...nothing wrong with that until you face a team that play a GREAT zone like Greece and put a end to that shit lol. There are a lot of faults I see in Dirks game that I can name and reasons I can come up with to let you know that Dirk isn't as good as YOU think he is.....(Remember, its Jason Terry that hurts the Rockets...not Dirk) but I'm not going to do that for the sake of making silly points because Dirk is great and nothing I say will change that.
Tmac is great. I like tmac, however if you are gonna argue that he has good shot selection than you are saying you dont think he is a very good shooter which i disagree with. For the purposes of the nba, Wade is a better player than TMAC is.

Tmac had a bad percentage last year, a low end of mediocre percentage the year before and a bad percentage before that. Hes not a good percentage shooter. That is because he doesnt attack the rim enough and he has poor shot selection. To be honest i think he might be a better player if he couldnt shoot.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #173
TheDiggler

Quote:
Tmac is great. I like tmac, however if you are gonna argue that he has good shot selection than you are saying you dont think he is a very good shooter which i disagree with. For the purposes of the nba, Wade is a better player than TMAC is.

Tmac had a bad percentage last year, a low end of mediocre percentage the year before and a bad percentage before that. Hes not a good percentage shooter. That is because he doesnt attack the rim enough and he has poor shot selection. To be honest i think he might be a better player if he couldnt shoot.
You're not going to convince me by looking at stats from the internet....I KNOW what he does because I see it every game night. If you think D Wade is better that T-Mac, then that's fine.....you're intitled to your opinion, but by no means is your opinion LAW. The World Championships told the story AGAIN on our youngstars...they can't shoot. I'll ride with Tracy any day and never look back. See you in the playoffs.....we'll be ready. That's all I can say because the Mavs have Owned the Rockets of late....I accept that and respect that. Things change though.......things change

Last edited by TheDiggler; 10-02-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:45 PM   #174
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
You're not going to convince me by looking at stats from the internet....I KNOW what he does because I see it every game night. If you think D Wade is better that T-Mac, then that's fine.....you're intitled to your opinion, but by no means is your opinion LAW. The World Championships told the story AGAIN on our youngstars...they can't shoot. I'll ride with Tracy any day and never look back. See you in the playoffs.....we'll be ready. That's all I can say because the Mavs have Owned the Rockets of late....I accept that and respect that. Things change though.......things change
So, when exactly did the nba change to fiba rules? Until then, what happens in the world championships has about as much in common with the nba as the And1 tour does.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #175
TheDiggler

Quote:
So, when exactly did the nba change to fiba rules? Until then, what happens in the world championships has about as much in common with the nba as the And1 tour does.
Stoping defending that dude lol Fact is that FIBA rules showed the world what we already knew but was blinded by his play in the Finals...he has a HUGE flaw in his game........Kobe T-mac or Jesus Shuttlesworth aka Ray Allen would not have had that same problem with Fiba ZONES. They all can shoot. You're in denial Five lol......D Wade is a great young player and he will be a beast when it's all said and done...damn near there, but he knows his jumper needs help. I know you Dallas fans can't stand the Diesel, but it was his presence down low that opened all those lanes. Mark my words...Carmelo will have a better year than Bron Bron and Flash.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:24 PM   #176
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Stoping defending that dude lol Fact is that FIBA rules showed the world what we already knew but was blinded by his play in the Finals...he has a HUGE flaw in his game........Kobe T-mac or Jesus Shuttlesworth aka Ray Allen would not have had that same problem with Fiba ZONES. They all can shoot. You're in denial Five lol......D Wade is a great young player and he will be a beast when it's all said and done...damn near there, but he knows his jumper needs help. I know you Dallas fans can't stand the Diesel, but it was his presence down low that opened all those lanes. Mark my words...Carmelo will have a better year than Bron Bron and Flash.
HAHA, you might have been ok if you stopped at flash but Bron is THE best player in the nba right now. I hate wade but the fact that those guys wouldnt have a problem with fiba doesnt mean anything considering we are talking about the nba. Im not ever gonna argue that wade can shoot like tmac and it would be a mistake for him to try but he is a better nba player than tmac.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #177
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Hey digg, when was the last time Tmac got out of the first round?
Old 10-02-2006, 05:41 PM   #178
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, the Rockets fans are STILL junking up our boards with their trash?

Houston can suck a fart out of my pucker through TMac's lips!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-02-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #179
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I think i'll wait until our first encounter with the Rockets to see how 'tough' Yao is lol...

Just some questions:

I think its silly in comparing who you would rather have as a player when looking at Tmac and Wade. You said you would pick Bron over Tmac and thats understandable for 'what Lebron will become' right? Well Wade is arguably better than Tmac right now and still has tons of room to improve. So why not place him up in there as well? I KNOW he will be better than Tmac, hes already accomplished more career wise. You may be in denial on this but Tmac doesnt have as much left as you think, his athleticism is questionable at this point with those back issues and thats probably the reason hes jacking up so many ill advised shots these days.

And Dirk? Also debateable, but i'll give you some reasons without trying to sound too homer'ish: i'd much rather have the unconventional one of a kind seven footer than the hybrid player that Tmac (and SO many others) are. Hes also taken his team way farther into the playoffs, and above all he seems to be a lot healthier. Tmac has also stuck his foot in his mouth a million times... remember the 5% of NBA players being gay? Calling the finals rigged? (he still shouldnt have said it) and he pretty much gave up and died when his Magic team was losing. So yeah, i'd take Dirk unless Tmac shows me something impressive this year.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:20 AM   #180
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

kobe is a much more natural shooter than tmac

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 10-03-2006 at 12:22 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:20 AM   #181
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thats the thing, when tmac is hot he could very well be the scariest player in the league. The problem is, hes not consistent with it. He takes moronic shots which is why you cant take him out of the game when hes hot. A guy with a 40 inch vert who is 6-8 and will shoot it from 28 feet is unstoppable when thats going in. But shooting it so often is why one of the 5 most athletic people in the nba shoots 43%.

As for defense, at one point in time, he was THE best player in the nba defensively. I firmly believe that when he played for toronto, he was better than ron artest is now defensively. Those days have long since passed though. Yes he can still D up for short spurts but for the most part he sucks now because he just doesnt/cant give the effort on that end.

In Bill Simmons Trade value thing about 3 years ago he summed it up best though i disagree with the other player he used. He said that Tmac is content to be the guy who could be the best player in the league if he worked at it while pierce is the guy who is going to work to make himself in the best player in the leauge(his celtic homerism is a little obvious here). Switch pierce with kobe and i think thats a fairly true statement.
every perimeter player in the league who is a "superstar" takes moronic shots imo

Contact Me
Old 10-03-2006, 08:28 AM   #182
TheDiggler

Quote:
Hey digg, when was the last time Tmac got out of the first round?
None.....But what does that have to do with the conversation?

i have a question.

How many championships do Dirk have? Do that make him any less of the player he is?

Last edited by TheDiggler; 10-03-2006 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 AM   #183
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
None.....But what does that have to do with the conversation?

i have a question.

How many championships do Dirk have? Do that make him any less of the player he is?
theres a slight difference between dirk never having won a title and tmac never having got out of the first round. Since dirk hasnt won a title he cant be compared to the duncans and shaqs of the world. However, since tmac hasnt gotten out of the first round, he really shouldnt be compared to the dirks of the world.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:39 AM   #184
TheDiggler

Quote:
theres a slight difference between dirk never having won a title and tmac never having got out of the first round. Since dirk hasnt won a title he cant be compared to the duncans and shaqs of the world. However, since tmac hasnt gotten out of the first round, he really shouldnt be compared to the dirks of the world.
Man please! Dirk is great...no doubt about it, but many, many others would take T-Mac in a heart beat over him. They are both great players and you have your reasons for believeing your guy is BETTER.....I don't buy it because of my beliefs. That's cool.....I respect the fact that you can have a seniable debate without throwing dirt unlike some of your thread-mates lol

Just because Dirk has went further in the playoffs doesn't mean is BETTER than T-mac or other star players......just means that Dirk had a better team. It's unfair to say. What if I said that Houston was a better organization than Dallas because we've had 4 Finals apperances to your 1 and Two Championships to your none? That wouldn't be fair and it takes away from the facts. We are talking about indivisual talents...comparing two of todays better players

Last edited by TheDiggler; 10-03-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #185
TheDiggler

Quote:
I think i'll wait until our first encounter with the Rockets to see how 'tough' Yao is lol...

Just some questions:

I think its silly in comparing who you would rather have as a player when looking at Tmac and Wade. You said you would pick Bron over Tmac and thats understandable for 'what Lebron will become' right? Well Wade is arguably better than Tmac right now and still has tons of room to improve. So why not place him up in there as well? I KNOW he will be better than Tmac, hes already accomplished more career wise. You may be in denial on this but Tmac doesnt have as much left as you think, his athleticism is questionable at this point with those back issues and thats probably the reason hes jacking up so many ill advised shots these days.

And Dirk? Also debateable, but i'll give you some reasons without trying to sound too homer'ish: i'd much rather have the unconventional one of a kind seven footer than the hybrid player that Tmac (and SO many others) are. Hes also taken his team way farther into the playoffs, and above all he seems to be a lot healthier. Tmac has also stuck his foot in his mouth a million times... remember the 5% of NBA players being gay? Calling the finals rigged? (he still shouldnt have said it) and he pretty much gave up and died when his Magic team was losing. So yeah, i'd take Dirk unless Tmac shows me something impressive this year.
Sorry...you sound homerish lol

So...Tracy saying that 5% of the league is gay...Finals are rigged....and gave up of a team when the organization was terrible.....is that all you have? That's it? Look man, Tracy doesn't have to prove nothing to YOU.....you can have your Hybrid lol Find D Wade a jumper and then I'll put him on a list ahead of McGrady. Oooh and T-mac is only 27, I doubt that his athleticism is going anywhere any time soon.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #186
fluid.forty.one

Athleticism wont do you any good if you keep getting injured. Look at amare... WAY more athletic than anyone in the league but that doesn't matter anymore.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #187
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Man please! Dirk is great...no doubt about it, but many, many others would take T-Mac in a heart beat over him. They are both great players and you have your reasons for believeing your guy is BETTER.....I don't buy it because of my beliefs. That's cool.....I respect the fact that you can have a seniable debate without throwing dirt unlike some of your thread-mates lol

Just because Dirk has went further in the playoffs doesn't mean is BETTER than T-mac or other star players......just means that Dirk had a better team. It's unfair to say. What if I said that Houston was a better organization than Dallas because we've had 4 Finals apperances to your 1 and Two Championships to your none? That wouldn't be fair and it takes away from the facts. We are talking about indivisual talents...comparing two of todays better players
I love it man, the reason im on this site is because i LOVE the dallas mavericks, specifically dirk nowitzki. And I love discussing Bball in general, again specifically the mavs. If I was a rockets fan, I would argue that Tmac is better than dirk. I wouldnt argue that he is the best player in the nba(the same way i dont argue that for dirk though if the mavs had won the title last year it was coming) But i understand arguing Tmac from your perspective and its cool. That is the purpose of the basketball season for guys like us. We get to see who is right! There are imo about 8 guys that I would argue are top 5 if i was a fan of their team. Dirk I really do think is better than most of them though.

Oh well, Good luck on the season, You will need it because we all know the rockets are the third best team in the division,
Old 10-03-2006, 09:22 AM   #188
TheDiggler

Quote:
Athleticism wont do you any good if you keep getting injured. Look at amare... WAY more athletic than anyone in the league but that doesn't matter anymore.
Totally understand, but Tokey41 was making a mute point. T-Mac is getting old to him at 27 lol if he's old then I'm almost dead at 29

Last edited by TheDiggler; 10-03-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:32 AM   #189
TheDiggler

Quote:
I love it man, the reason im on this site is because i LOVE the dallas mavericks, specifically dirk nowitzki. And I love discussing Bball in general, again specifically the mavs. If I was a rockets fan, I would argue that Tmac is better than dirk. I wouldnt argue that he is the best player in the nba(the same way i dont argue that for dirk though if the mavs had won the title last year it was coming) But i understand arguing Tmac from your perspective and its cool. That is the purpose of the basketball season for guys like us. We get to see who is right! There are imo about 8 guys that I would argue are top 5 if i was a fan of their team. Dirk I really do think is better than most of them though.

Oh well, Good luck on the season, You will need it because we all know the rockets are the third best team in the division,

lol....and I have to sit here a take it because RIGHT now the Rockets are NOT better than the Mavs or Spur...Sun either. We have to prove it. I'm a basketball nut and a HUGE Rocket fan and I love to debate about my Rockets and the league is general. It doesn't matter if anyone disagrees with me; because we all are entitled to our own opinions....we are all passionate homers. So I really try not to throw dirt and be nasty with people because we can all debate and have fun at it. Some of you guys are Alright.......gave me a different perspective about Mav fans in general. Good luck this season..................I'm looking for bragging rights, so I'll be around to smear a lil dust (not dirt) on the threads now and again lol. All in good fun
Old 10-03-2006, 09:37 AM   #190
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
All in good fun
Likewise.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #191
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Its not a moot point when he has back problems and is taking more and more bad long range shots every year. I dont think im the only one who notices these things, a back problem DOES affect a players athleticism and im pretty sure its the reason he doesnt drive as much as he used to and hes not as good as he would be otherwise.

As for being homerish I was simply pointing out the things I remember most from Tmac, since he hasnt given me much to remember. In my opinion as a player Tmac is still top 15 material and his offensive skills are great and all but he doesnt impress me as much as he used to and maybe its because hes been so banged up or maybe its because he really is slipping due to injuries. If that makes me a homer for choosing Dirk so be it, but I also said Dirk is a far more unique player, been deeper into the playoffs (even won a series or two...), didn't miss any games last season, and has stepped his defense up a great amount over this past season. I know Dirks only going to get better, and im questioning Tmac right now. If you think anyone on this board would take Tracy over Dirk your crazy... but if you know a Rocket board maybe you should ask the same question to Housten fans and see those results.

And Wade is easily going to be a better player than Tracy, but I think hes already there. He should be on your list along with Dirk and several others.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:33 PM   #192
alby
Guru

we are talking about the rockets team, if healthy.. if 100%

so don't talk about so and so will be hurt, etc etc

Contact Me
Old 10-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #193
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
we are talking about the rockets team, if healthy.. if 100%

so don't talk about so and so will be hurt, etc etc
I would generally agree with that BUT if you employ a bunch of injury prone people, its not real smart to plan on them going completely injury free. IE Josh howard will probably miss at least 15 games this year and Stack will probably miss 25 along with a few others.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #194
alby
Guru

its all about the playoffs

and as long as teams are generally healthy for the playoffs, thats what matters

the regular season to me is a tune up

Contact Me
Old 10-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #195
TheDiggler

Quote:
. If you think anyone on this board would take Tracy over Dirk your crazy... but if you know a Rocket board maybe you should ask the same question to Housten fans and see those results.

And Wade is easily going to be a better player than Tracy, but I think hes already there. He should be on your list along with Dirk and several others.
Now why would I think that anyone on this board would take Tracy over DirK? lol I said I would take him over Dirk and ALL of you were trying to convince me that I'm crazy and well you should......you are all HOMERS! lol and that's fine because I'm a homer too.
If I ask the Houston fans on my home board.....it would be staggering how many people would choose Tracy over Dirk....doesn't mean Dirk isn't the man, it's just we've seen tracy for two years now and confinced he's legit. We in Houston are used to seeing great players play....Dream, Clyde, Moses..etc Tracy and Yao will be added to the list.

If you think Wade is better then fine....I can't convince you otherwise, but while you're in his world, find him a jumper for me because him driving crazy to whole is going to cut his years short if he doesn't find a 18footer soon. If he hurt his back.....could he still average 25ppg? I don't think so.......Give me McGrady
Old 10-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #196
alby
Guru

also tmac is long 6' 8" (i think hes taller but whatever)

Contact Me
Old 10-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #197
TheDiggler

Quote:
I would generally agree with that BUT if you employ a bunch of injury prone people, its not real smart to plan on them going completely injury free. IE Josh howard will probably miss at least 15 games this year and Stack will probably miss 25 along with a few others.

We had a freakish season...I'll give you that. Yao is NOT injury prone....Tracy has that back issue, but I really pray it doesn't catch up with him. We worry about that all the time. But to his defense...he's been able to capture two scoring titles and stay consistantly in the upper rankings in scoring for a number of years....with a bad back. It's because he's GREAT....he's not a one trick pony. He knows how to score. D Wade will crack my top five when he gets a constant jumper.

Tim Duncan......Still the best to me
LeBron James......will take that from Tim soon
Kobe Byrant.........coldblooded
Kevin Garnett........Needs his passion again, but can't deny his talent

3-way Tie for the fifth spot ( this will piss some of you off lol)

T-Mac......Can do EVERYTHING you need on the court.(I put T-Maxc 1st lol)
Dirk...... A living mismatch. One time generation player
AI......STILL amazes me for what he does with his size...truly dominate (does this puzzles anyone how he does it?)

Outside looking in
Amare.........Moses Malone clone, will take The Big Tickets spot soon
D-Wade........When he gets that jumper, the league is his
Yao..............Just a matter of time
Carmelo........It's his year to put up or shut up.
Nash............best point in the League
Jermaine O'neil..........Under Rated

Last edited by TheDiggler; 10-03-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #198
tmac1yao11

tmac1yao11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Its not a moot point when he has back problems and is taking more and more bad long range shots every year. I dont think im the only one who notices these things, a back problem DOES affect a players athleticism and im pretty sure its the reason he doesnt drive as much as he used to and hes not as good as he would be otherwise.

As for being homerish I was simply pointing out the things I remember most from Tmac, since he hasnt given me much to remember. In my opinion as a player Tmac is still top 15 material and his offensive skills are great and all but he doesnt impress me as much as he used to and maybe its because hes been so banged up or maybe its because he really is slipping due to injuries. If that makes me a homer for choosing Dirk so be it, but I also said Dirk is a far more unique player, been deeper into the playoffs (even won a series or two...), didn't miss any games last season, and has stepped his defense up a great amount over this past season. I know Dirks only going to get better, and im questioning Tmac right now. If you think anyone on this board would take Tracy over Dirk your crazy... but if you know a Rocket board maybe you should ask the same question to Housten fans and see those results.

Since he hasnt given you much to remember? Did you see the series between Dallas and Houston? He was the only superstar that played like a superstar that series. Who was the better player that series? Sure the better team won but who played better? TMac even added to Dirk's poor performance by guarding him and slowing him down enough to average well below his normal scoring average.

What killed the Rockets that series was the athleticism and length of the Mavs. We have now addressed that. I cant wait until the real season begins. Of course we are still limited at the PG and PF but I like what Van Gundy has to work with in training camp.
tmac1yao11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #199
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
We had a freakish season...I'll give you that. Yao is NOT injury prone....Tracy has that back issue, but I really pray it doesn't catch up with him. We worry about that all the time. But to his defense...he's been able to capture two scoring titles and stay consistantly in the upper rankings in scoring for a number of years....with a bad back. It's because he's GREAT....he's not a one trick pony. He knows how to score. D Wade will crack my top five when he gets a constant jumper.

Tim Duncan......Still the best to me
LeBron James......will take that from Tim soon
Kobe Byrant.........coldblooded
Kevin Garnett........Needs his passion again, but can't deny his talent

3-way Tie for the fifth spot ( this will piss some of you off lol)

T-Mac......Can do EVERYTHING you need on the court.(I put T-Maxc 1st lol)
Dirk...... A living mismatch. One time generation player
AI......STILL amazes me for what he does with his size...truly dominate (does this puzzles anyone how he does it?)

Outside looking in
Amare.........Moses Malone clone, will take The Big Tickets spot soon
D-Wade........When he gets that jumper, the league is his
Yao..............Just a matter of time
Carmelo........It's his year to put up or shut up.
Nash............best point in the League
Jermaine O'neil..........Under Rated
JO is overrated not underrated, amare will never be the same and dirk is better than kg.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #200
Tokey41
Platinum Member

"If I ask the Houston fans on my home board.....it would be staggering how many people would choose Tracy over Dirk....

If you think Wade is better then fine....I can't convince you otherwise, but while you're in his world, find him a jumper for me because him driving crazy to whole is going to cut his years short if he doesn't find a 18footer soon. If he hurt his back.....could he still average 25ppg? I don't think so.......Give me McGrady"

Thats the point... im sure Housten fans would select Tmac ahead of Dirk, I also know I cant find any logical reason behind that but thats fine because im sure they dont see my reasoning either. Im simply questioning his durability and I feel I have a right to at this point. There are several players i'd take over Dirk... like Lebron, Dwight, and Kobe. I wouldnt take Duncan or KG though.

Wade has certain holes in his game because hes not perfect. But if he hurt his back? Like McGrady did and doesnt drive anymore? Im sure he could find a decent jumper. McGrady still gets his points for the games he actually plays... but I swear if he injures himself for like 3/4 of the season I will be all over my argument that his athletic days are over.

Oh and I cant believe you woul put a list of outsiders on it without Dhoward, Bosh, and Arenas but somehow manage to but JO and Nash on there.

"Since he hasnt given you much to remember? Did you see the series between Dallas and Houston? He was the only superstar that played like a superstar that series. Who was the better player that series? Sure the better team won but who played better? TMac even added to Dirk's poor performance by guarding him and slowing him down enough to average well below his normal scoring average."

I only remember beating the Rockets in an amazing comeback effort... but yeah Tmac was great that series, he had and thanks to us STILL has something to prove and it was pretty obvious in his play. He was great for one series that his team lost, and thats your argument for him being better than Dirk? Why should I remember that in particular? What about the entire season? Im fairly positive Dirk was the better player statistically on a team many discarded while your Rockets were praised.

"we are talking about the rockets team, if healthy.. if 100%

so don't talk about so and so will be hurt, etc etc"

My whole point was Tmac may not even be 100% of what we're used to, im just speculating and its just my opinion. Hes going to take a lot of jumpers, knock down an impressive amount, but still wont drive. Its a theory to why he takes so many bad shots nowadays in contrast to before, you dont have to agree... you dont have to like it, but it makes sense to me.