Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #161
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

madape is a douche bag. damp doesnt' get as many rebounds b/c our other players are very good on the boards.

ive decided mav4ever is a douche as well.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #162
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever
lol, that wallace retort was fantastic, if it aint going your way, just predict the future numbers, lol. your priceless!!! and you just made my ignore list , and for a person who has no life outside his computer, thats a loss, hava nice day geek, lmao!!!!
The reason Damp makes more than Wallace is because Wallace signed his contract in 2000. At that point he hadn't been named defensive player of the year, he'd never played more then 27 minutes per game, he'd never averaged 2 blocks per game and he'd never averaged 9 rebounds, let alone the 15 that he topped out at.

Ben Wallace, as we know him, has never been an unrestricted FA. He'll be one this summer and more then likely he'll be overpaid relative to his production. Especially in the latter years of the deal.

Again, if you're arguing that Damp is overpaid relative to the numbers that he puts up then you're wasting your breath because of most of us agree with you. The problem is, you don't seem to understand market forces in the NBA and how these things work. Most players get overpaid when they become UFA’s and that’s especially true for big men.

The bottom line is, we have the best chance in franchise history to win a title and Damp is a big reason.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #163
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol, that wallace retort was fantastic, if it aint going your way, just predict the future numbers, lol. your priceless!!! and you just made my ignore list , and for a person who has no life outside his computer, thats a loss, hava nice day geek, lmao!!!!
You don't have enough posts to ignore anyone, no one will know you are out here.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #164
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and we all know you are here to teach us basketball right?

"the man who knows it all, never knows more" jfk

you have just joined yellowdays on my ignore list, i have decided to talk b ball with the ppl here who are smart enough to discuss topics in mature ways.

my 4 year old nephew calls ppl names when he dont get his way, but at least he is just 4

I'm signing up to be put on your ignore list. Do you hopefully have a place for me?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-28-2006, 06:49 PM   #165
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread...wow. Tired head.

Here's what I have to say. The Mavs fans in this forum continuing to reign down their hatred toward Damp make me sad. They make me sad because we're in the fricking WCF's, and we can't be happy for five damn seconds. We have to be complaining about something or someone, even as we wrapped up the game 2 victory. I'm not excluding myself from this either. I was spewing vitrol in the threads about Terry's suspension, and OD gave me a wakeup call.

People, this could be our year. This could be our run. This might be the year we shove all the doubters aside and frickin' hoist that trophy. Hell, we might be witnessing the dawn of an era, where the freaking Dallas Mavericks dominate the league with their shaggy haired German. Speaking of which:

We might just be witnessing THE career season/playoffs for the player that could ultimately be the greatest Maverick of any of our lifetimes. We might be witnessing the coming out party (nationally) for a player all of us knew was special, all of us knew would put this team on his back. We are three measley wins to introducing ourselves to the entire freaking world while we battle for the trophy.

Can we please, please enjoy this? Can't we leave the bickering over anscillary issues to after the games are played, or at the VERY least, until after a loss, when we actually have real issues to discuss???

Just try to enjoy the games.

Go Mavs.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-28-2006 at 06:53 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:49 PM   #166
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
How about an over/under on Damp's minutes? I set the number at 12. Fire away.
It's not looking good for the over. When will our bell cow find the court in this series?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:39 PM   #167
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
It's not looking good for the over. When will our bell cow find the court in this series?

So are you saying he should be playing over diop here?
Old 05-28-2006, 10:25 PM   #168
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, Diop didn't play 48.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:48 PM   #169
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
give it up.

your constant fondling of all former ex mavs is growing more tiresome by the day.

i should edit to add, that i like you, but really this act was old during the midway point of the 2004-2005 season. it was older in the 2004-2005 playoffs. by now, this schtick that you constantly employ with nash, the dampier bashing, and all things related is really just tiresome.

Last edited by aexchange; 05-28-2006 at 10:50 PM.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:19 AM   #170
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
and you just made my ignore list
*does a little dance*
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:45 AM   #171
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
This thread...wow. Tired head.... They make me sad because we're in the fricking WCF's, and we can't be happy for five damn seconds....We might just be witnessing THE career season/playoffs for the player that could ultimately be the greatest Maverick of any of our lifetimes. We might be witnessing the coming out party (nationally) for a player all of us knew was special, all of us knew would put this team on his back. We are three measley wins to introducing ourselves to the entire freaking world while we battle for the trophy....Can we please, please enjoy this?...Just try to enjoy the games.

Go Mavs.
right on.

it doesn't get any better than this.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:51 PM   #172
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
The reason Damp makes more than Wallace is because Wallace signed his contract in 2000. At that point he hadn't been named defensive player of the year, he'd never played more then 27 minutes per game, he'd never averaged 2 blocks per game and he'd never averaged 9 rebounds, let alone the 15 that he topped out at.

Ben Wallace, as we know him, has never been an unrestricted FA. He'll be one this summer and more then likely he'll be overpaid relative to his production. Especially in the latter years of the deal.

Again, if you're arguing that Damp is overpaid relative to the numbers that he puts up then you're wasting your breath because of most of us agree with you. The problem is, you don't seem to understand market forces in the NBA and how these things work. Most players get overpaid when they become UFA’s and that’s especially true for big men.

The bottom line is, we have the best chance in franchise history to win a title and Damp is a big reason.
Word. I love what Damp brings to the team regardless that he is probably overpaid.
By the way, I live in Michigan, and I can tell you that Ben wants a 12 million per year contract and if he does not get it Toronto and Chicago are looking to go for him. And I think he is overrated. He has been for the last two years. He, just like Marion, are the kind of players that put good stats on average teams and are overlooked. When the team becomes good everyone starts saying "X is so underrated" to the point that he becomes overrated. Ben is a good rebounder, keeps balls alive, but he is not a good one on one defender. Rasheed is much better defender than him. Still... because he is a big man, he will be severely overpaid this summer.

Last edited by endrity; 05-29-2006 at 01:51 PM.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #173
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
Word. I love what Damp brings to the team regardless that he is probably overpaid.
By the way, I live in Michigan, and I can tell you that Ben wants a 12 million per year contract and if he does not get it Toronto and Chicago are looking to go for him. And I think he is overrated. He has been for the last two years. He, just like Marion, are the kind of players that put good stats on average teams and are overlooked. When the team becomes good everyone starts saying "X is so underrated" to the point that he becomes overrated. Ben is a good rebounder, keeps balls alive, but he is not a good one on one defender. Rasheed is much better defender than him. Still... because he is a big man, he will be severely overpaid this summer.

I've never liked big ben that much, he's just too undersized in today's nba. Worse than that, he's undersized with NO offensive game, double whammy. I'm not sure what detroit would do without him, but 12million, I don't know.

There is one thing, he seems to be every bit as much of a team leader as anyone and understands what they are about. Clamp down D and movement.

I have been amazed that the pistons have kept it together this year without Larry Brown as I thought they needed him. It looks like they are having their difficulties during the cauldron that is the NBA playoffs, they do be some pressure situations.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #174
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Well they are kind of disintegrating right now. That is why I have written here that I think we are meeting Miami in the Finals. Ben understands that they are about D, but their D has broken down a lot this year. Even during the regular season they were just a good defensive team. I think Dallas was actually better in terms of efficiency. So now that Flip is not Larry, their D is not what it used to be, I don't know where Ben fits in that team anymore and he is still going to get paid big time. Which goes back to the argument that big men are always overpaid. Of course this raises the question that if all are overpaid, is anyone of the overpaid. They are just another "product in the market" (for people that like econ).
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:32 PM   #175
dude1394
Guru

The market determines their value. Height is still a valuable commodity in the NBA, like speed in the NFL.

The market determines who is "overpaid" not anyone else.