Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-24-2006, 06:42 PM   #161
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I'm glad I didn't start Warner
Yes but did you start Clinton portis, Tj hoosyourmama, Keyshawn johnson, and Andre Johnson??? All had 20+ point days.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2006, 06:45 PM   #162
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Yes but did you start Clinton portis, Tj hoosyourmama, Keyshawn johnson, and Andre Johnson??? All had 20+ point days.
Haha, no but I did have Hasselback, Parker, and Mason who all played very well.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:46 PM   #163
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
like i said earlier, it depends on if you believe in curses.
If you did, you are probably quite happy now, the madden curse has struck again, Alexander has a broken foot and is out for at least a few weeks...
Old 09-25-2006, 05:10 PM   #164
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
If you did, you are probably quite happy now, the madden curse has struck again, Alexander has a broken foot and is out for at least a few weeks...
Amazing how it always does. I have Alexander on my team =(

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 09-25-2006, 05:19 PM   #165
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Amazing how it always does. I have Alexander on my team =(
How eager are you to get rid of him? Im trying to gauge how little i can offer the guy and still have a shot. Im thinking Mark Clayton right now... or travis henry...
Old 09-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #166
Five-ofan
Guru

I just offered Warner and Travis Henry for Grossman and Alexander. I doubt he will accept and even if he does, its not great for now, But it could pay huge dividends later... I also put in a waiver claim on Maurice morris.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:17 PM   #167
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
How eager are you to get rid of him? Im trying to gauge how little i can offer the guy and still have a shot. Im thinking Mark Clayton right now... or travis henry...
Lol, not that eager.

It'd still take a lot to get him from me.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:17 PM   #168
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I just offered Warner and Travis Henry for Grossman and Alexander. I doubt he will accept and even if he does, its not great for now, But it could pay huge dividends later... I also put in a waiver claim on Maurice morris.
He would be very stupid to accept that. It's only a couple weeks, no big deal.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #169
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

damn that madden curse... i had the third pick in the draft, and of course couldn't pass up alexander. word is he may only miss 3 total games (4 weeks, including their bye week).

and my back-up TE (was soon to be my starter cause cooley is sucking) is also out with a broken bone (vernon davis).

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 09-25-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #170
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
damn that madden curse... i had the third pick in the draft, and of course couldn't pass up alexander. word is he may only miss 3 total games (4 weeks, including their bye week).

and my back-up TE (was soon to be my starter cause cooley is sucking) is also out with a broken bone (vernon davis).
dang, Vernon Davis is out too?

Old 09-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #171
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

ouch. I lsot Alexander in one league too but was lucky enough to pick up Morris before some douche claimed him.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #172
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i got morris tonight, as soon as i heard the news about alexander. picked up eric johnson, too, to replace davis (he's out 4-5 weeks, nashtymavs).
Old 09-25-2006, 09:24 PM   #173
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

wow, Vernon Davis and Frank Gore got injured on the same play. what's with the Niners always having bad luck as of late?

Old 09-25-2006, 09:24 PM   #174
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

yeah, i got Morris as well, and Johnson is probably a good pickup as well, but I have Colston and Winslow.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #175
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, colston looks promising.

word is that gore is ok, and he'll play next week. but yeah, what a freak play.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #176
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

good, cuz he's on my fantasy team.

What should owners (inlcuding me) of Kurt Warner do?

Old 09-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #177
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
good, cuz he's on my fantasy team.

What should owners (inlcuding me) of Kurt Warner do?
drop him, leinart is starting this week. I would pick up leinart but keep him on the bench for now...
Old 09-25-2006, 10:31 PM   #178
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I just picked up Brett Favre. What do you think of his long-term viability?

I also picked up the Jones-Drew kid, for when Jones gets injured.

Thinking about picking up the Henry WR from CIN.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:46 PM   #179
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I just picked up Brett Favre. What do you think of his long-term viability?

I also picked up the Jones-Drew kid, for when Jones gets injured.

Thinking about picking up the Henry WR from CIN.
I am picking up favre too. I am gonna pick up maurice drew too if i can. I have 7 waiver claims in right now so i hope i get one of them...
Old 09-26-2006, 12:29 AM   #180
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
drop him, leinart is starting this week. I would pick up leinart but keep him on the bench for now...
So he has no value anymore? I know he's not starting, but as a third QB on my team is he worth keeping with the off-chance he regains his starting job?

Old 09-26-2006, 12:29 AM   #181
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Favre is pretty inconsistent, but still worth a pickup imo.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:41 AM   #182
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So he has no value anymore? I know he's not starting, but as a third QB on my team is he worth keeping with the off-chance he regains his starting job?
I would have a hard time being excited about Warner before, much less now.

It's kind like Trent Green. I cut ties with him. Too many other options. Kitna is probably available in your league, and he looks to be a decent option.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:55 AM   #183
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I would have a hard time being excited about Warner before, much less now.

It's kind like Trent Green. I cut ties with him. Too many other options. Kitna is probably available in your league, and he looks to be a decent option.
Yeah. I've actually held on to Green in a league or two, since he's a decent QB and I had a good starter. I figure I can wait 2-3 weeks for him to come back. Kitna and Alex Smith are available in my league, so I'll pick up one of them after I shop Warner around a little.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:02 PM   #184
Five-ofan
Guru

gotta love me having the most total points in the d-m.com league and being in 7th. I am going to win the baseball league to btw.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:48 PM   #185
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
gotta love me having the most total points in the d-m.com league and being in 7th. I am going to win the baseball league to btw.
since we made those huge trades, I've moved from 7th to 5th..and I have my eye on 4th very soon
Old 09-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #186
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
since we made those huge trades, I've moved from 7th to 5th..and I have my eye on 4th very soon
Ive got first almost wrapped up, Tha whiffs has used up all of his pitching innings. Ape could theoretically catch me and him but i will definitely pass tha whiffs...
Old 09-27-2006, 06:11 PM   #187
Five-ofan
Guru

i traded keyshawn johnson and lj smith for marvin harrison and chris henry today. Thoughts?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:13 PM   #188
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
i traded keyshawn johnson and lj smith for marvin harrison and chris henry today. Thoughts?
Nice trade. Marvin Harrison should have a big year, and it's the perfect time to get rid of Keyshawn, with Smith being back and all.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #189
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Interesting news about things we talked about recently in this thread:

-Warner is still the starter for Arizona, at least for now.

-It was thought that Shaun Alexander's foot might not be broken after all, but then earlier today he had it tested again and although he says it feels pretty good, it is indeed broken.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #190
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Nice trade. Marvin Harrison should have a big year, and it's the perfect time to get rid of Keyshawn, with Smith being back and all.
Kinda what I thought. My man crush on LJ is well documented and Im not real sure what Im gonna do for a TE(im thinking ben troupe or Tj Duckett) BUT my receivers are amazing now and if im even remotely right about Lamont Jordan im literally unbeatable. It is fun to think of my receiving corps if i still had boldin though...
Old 09-27-2006, 06:50 PM   #191
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Kinda what I thought. My man crush on LJ is well documented and Im not real sure what Im gonna do for a TE(im thinking ben troupe or Tj Duckett) BUT my receivers are amazing now and if im even remotely right about Lamont Jordan im literally unbeatable. It is fun to think of my receiving corps if i still had boldin though...
Yeah, it's tough to part with Smith, but this trade is a no brainer. Is Colston or Eric Johnson available in your league? Troupe would be alright, and Duckett doesn't play tight end. You could also try trading Chris Henry for a TE. Either way, it was a great trade.

I also read somewhere to be patient with Jordan. He has Clevland this week, and during fantasy football playoffs (weeks 13-17) the Raiders play 4 teams with horrible rush defenses. So even if he doesn't give you anything all season, he could give you the extra push you need in the playoffs.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:58 PM   #192
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, it's tough to part with Smith, but this trade is a no brainer. Is Colston or Eric Johnson available in your league? Troupe would be alright, and Duckett doesn't play tight end. You could also try trading Chris Henry for a TE. Either way, it was a great trade.

I also read somewhere to be patient with Jordan. He has Clevland this week, and during fantasy football playoffs (weeks 13-17) the Raiders play 4 teams with horrible rush defenses. So even if he doesn't give you anything all season, he could give you the extra push you need in the playoffs.
I meant bo scaife. I dropped tj duckett for him. Im stupid. I know about his schedule, thats why i traded for him. Neither colston nor Johnson is available and colston doesnt have te eligibility in ours.. Vernon davis however is and im thinking of picking him up, letting him chill on the bench while i suffer with scaife for a while(though when vince gets to start he will rocket up the TE ratings and then have davis for the fantasy playoffs...

Edit-im also fairly certain I can get Alge crumpler for Chris henry and Bo scaife if not just chris henry.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 09-27-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #193
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol, not that eager.

It'd still take a lot to get him from me.
I've got him on my team as well, at least I managed to handcuff him although I don't know, I sort of want to go with Lamont and C. Taylor anyway.

EDIT: Make that Laurence Maroney, not Lamont.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 09-27-2006 at 08:32 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:20 PM   #194
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I've got him on my team as well, at least I managed to handcuff him although I don't know, I sort of want to go with Lamont and C. Taylor anyway.
The guy in my league ended up trading him but he didnt exactly go for pennies. He traded Alexander and hines ward for Chad Johnson, Julius Jones and Lee evans.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:31 PM   #195
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The guy in my league ended up trading him but he didnt exactly go for pennies. He traded Alexander and hines ward for Chad Johnson, Julius Jones and Lee evans.
I'm thinking of putting him and gonzales on the block. I've got colston and he's tearing it up tightend wise.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #196
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I'm thinking of putting him and gonzales on the block. I've got colston and he's tearing it up tightend wise.
i wish colston had TE eligibility in my league...
Old 09-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #197
chumdawg
Guru

Great trade, 5-0. I know you hated to see Smith go, but it's great to have Harrison. You are loaded.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #198
chumdawg
Guru

I have been offered:

Shaun Alexander
Jamal Lewis
DALLAS

for

Steve Smith
Frank Gore
Chester Taylor
CHICAGO

Thoughts?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #199
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I have been offered:

Shaun Alexander
Jamal Lewis
DALLAS

for

Steve Smith
Frank Gore
Chester Taylor
CHICAGO

Thoughts?
No. trust in the norv turner rbs...
Old 09-28-2006, 12:11 AM   #200
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I have been offered:

Shaun Alexander
Jamal Lewis
DALLAS

for

Steve Smith
Frank Gore
Chester Taylor
CHICAGO

Thoughts?
I wouldn't do it. Gore has been great, and I think will continue to be. Smith is awesome and Chicago and Taylor are better than Dallas and Jamal Lewis.