Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-20-2003, 04:38 PM   #161
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Thank you Bill Clinton

Pinko-leftist babbles and bleatings aside, I am just very happy that thanks to the brave actions of our armed forces in crushing the the Iraqi Baathist rat-hole, any "smoking gun" proving the continued existence of Iraqi mass-murder weapons won't end up taking the form of a mushroom cloud*...

*(Thank you Condi Rice for that fine imagery)
Old 07-20-2003, 04:49 PM   #162
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default Thank you Bill Clinton

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
I am just very happy that thanks to the brave actions of our armed forces in crushing the the Iraqi Baathist rat-hole,

Well they are not done, still American troops DIE everyday. After the war is over....Thanks George for playing Nanny to the world.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:29 PM   #163
JoshHoward5

JoshHoward5 is on a distinguished road

You guys are ignorant. Clinton was a hell of a lot smarter president than Bush.Thank Bush for killing our troops.
JoshHoward5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:36 PM   #164
one long blue sock
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: one long blue sock
Quote:
I am just very happy that thanks to the brave actions of our armed forces in crushing the the Iraqi Baathist rat-hole,

Well they are not done, still American troops DIE everyday. After the war is over....Thanks George for playing Nanny to the world.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:12 PM   #165
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: JoshHoward5
You guys are ignorant. Clinton was a hell of a lot smarter president than Bush.Thank Bush for killing our troops.

Wow. This could quite simply be the stupidest effing post I have ever seen.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 07:25 PM   #166
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

DrBio, This thread has been taken over by the gabblings of trolls, simpletons, and children- Children who might be well served to be a little warier about trying the patience of adults who were having meaningful conversation earlier in this thread... Children whose sabotaging of that conversation puts them in danger of being savaged, regardless of how sincere their intentions of actually contributing to this thread may be ...
Old 07-20-2003, 07:44 PM   #167
one long blue sock
Golden Member

I don't think that children run a major magazine company such as Time, and the approval rating for Bush was at 80% before the war. And now it is at 53%, so i think more then children share the same opinion on war.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:07 PM   #168
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Well said onelongbluesock. The right wingers have no answers, so they try to bash as best they can. The whole world is cathing on to Bush now....the sooner the better for our countries sake...
Old 07-20-2003, 09:19 PM   #169
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Good stats, and good use of sarcasm Sock... I was actually thinking more of my good friends Epitome and Reeds when I spoke of children, but it is good to know that you can hold your own in any shark-infested debate that you choose to stick your toes into...
Old 07-21-2003, 12:16 AM   #170
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
DrBio, This thread has been taken over by the gabblings of trolls, simpletons, and children- Children who might be well served to be a little warier about trying the patience of adults who were having meaningful conversation earlier in this thread...
Please. The whole point of this thread was for Republican voters and Conservative sympathizers to throw jabs at President Clinton along with a few other Liberal/Democratic names and prototypes whilst apparantly honoring the glory of George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan. Because someone might throw in a post or two in oppositon or objection to the blind right-wing jingoist nonsense of this thread doesen't warrant them being called trolls, simpletons, and children

Quote:
[i] Children whose sabotaging of that conversation puts them in danger of being savaged, regardless of how sincere their intentions of actually contributing to this thread may be ...
Danger of being savaged? could you elaborate.

Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 12:30 AM   #171
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Danger of being savaged? could you elaborate.

I was actually thinking of personable, highly-talented, extremely young Mavericks' fans who join the political fray by making unsupported statements stridently asserting that George W. Bush is an "idiot"...

If you or JoeJoe or TheEye made posts like that, such reputable defenders of the Right as this board posseses would probably have no qualms about responding properly to such said provocation...

But when the malcontent is 14, and a really nice kid too boot, it poses something of a dilemna in the debate- as it is a little less than respectable to respond too strongly to someone of that age and experience...

It is unfortunately, extremely difficult to respond properly to the strange arguments of you and your ilk, when those assertions are fortified by the precocious and well-meaning, but not always cogent arguments of some of our youngest members...
Old 07-21-2003, 07:06 AM   #172
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

"We did terrible things by removing the evil dictator. We had no right to go halfway around the world and save the lives of millions of strangers. Please, can't we go back to the days of Stalin, where we made deals with mass murderers? Can't we grant to Iraq and North Korea and Iran a "most favored nation" status. They have lots of money, and will give us some for our own political ends. Shouldn't we just let evil entities ramp up their violence unchecked against us? The only reason they would be violent against us is because we would want to protect ourselves and our friends. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the basic hate for our MTV, and free choice, and the relative economic status or our societies. We can always cower in our corner and lob an occasional missle at a factory or something. Let's go get b.j.'s from our interns."
- Joe Anyliberal
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 07:50 AM   #173
Drbio
Banned

*giggle*
Old 07-21-2003, 08:31 PM   #174
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

OH NO!! I have been called a TROLL & a CHILD by EVILMAV2. I dont know how the hell I am going to sleep at night now. Gosh darn it, maybe some day I will grow up and be able to post all day long on a Mavs Board...that is it- my new goal in life.... Being called a troll on a posting board...damn..my life is now over... This just in, If you dont agree with EVLIMAV2, you are a child or a troll...hahaha.. Pathetic
Old 07-21-2003, 10:18 PM   #175
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
[i]I was actually thinking of personable, highly-talented, extremely young Mavericks' fans who join the political fray by making unsupported statements stridently asserting that George W. Bush is an "idiot"...
Unsupported? Whatever your thoughts on what type of president or man Bush is or his politics, the man has amassed a collection illiterate blunders, vocabulary stuntability, incidents of absent mindedness, embarassing ignorance of foreign policy and affairs and classic head shaking quotes in less than one term that would take 5 Presidents to match. The man is an idiot.

Quote:
[i]If you or JoeJoe or TheEye made posts like that, such reputable defenders of the Right as this board posseses would probably have no qualms about responding properly to such said provocation...
I am unfortunately, due to the political discussion that usually permeates this board, not very intimidated in regards to the capabilities of such reputable defenders to shake my core with their responses.

Quote:
[i]But when the malcontent is 14, and a really nice kid too boot, it poses something of a dilemna in the debate- as it is a little less than respectable to respond too strongly to someone of that age and experience...
First off I'm old enough to drink, smoke and vote so this line of reasoning won't go very far. Secondly, I am unable to convey without referring directly to certain posters here and possibly offending them, how little confidence I have in their ability to respond to anything I might say with such alleged strenth as to be too much for me to handle. Especially considering the beliefs and reasonings for them that generally permeate political discussion on this board.

Quote:
[i]It is unfortunately, extremely difficult to respond properly to the strange arguments of you and your ilk, when those assertions are fortified by the precocious and well-meaning, but not always cogent arguments of some of our youngest members...
Sreange arguments? like the ones that are forged on logic, reasoning and our American right to question what our government is doing? As opposed to blind flag waiving nationalism?

Old 07-21-2003, 11:04 PM   #176
Epitome22
Golden Member

Quote:
["We did terrible things by removing the evil dictator. We had no right to go halfway around the world and save the lives of millions of strangers.
No one has ever tried to insinuate that things were peachy in Iraq. What I and many other people want to know is if America decided out of the goodness of their hearts, and pity for the plight of the Iraqi people, to go over and liberate them from their oppressive regime, then why didn't the Government tell us that was what we were doing? No matter how suspicious it would have seemed to just go decide to liberate Iraq, and any ulterior motives for such an action, it would have good enough reason for at least half of our "President knows best" population and once it was found out that some heavy stuff was going on in Iraq, it would have made such a premise for war that much more justifiable. Certainly issues of oil and new American corporate interests in that part of the world would bat an eyelash for some but that comes with any country with a history of criminal foreign policy like the USA. But we never heard anything about the plight of the Iraqi people. From the day the bells started ringing to the days US tropps began boarding plane and ships, Americans were being fed this rhetoric about Iraq possessing these dangerous and now ever so elusive "Weapons of Mass Desruction" That Iraq was secretly building and supplementing it's Nuclear capability, that Iraq intended to use it's Nuclear capability against the U.S and posed a great national security, that we had better get rid of these "Weapons of Mass Destruction" before their full capability reaches fruition. We didn't hear a damn thing about the plight of the Iraqi people until the first combat boot touched sand in bagdad and all of a sudden "Operation Iraqi Freedom" was under way. We invaded, we shot some brown people, we blew up a few city blocks, destroyed some homes and liberated a few unlucky bystanders from their limbs. Most of all, we chased Saddam out of town. After the smoke cleared and everyone was patting eachother on the back, a few people began asking where these "Weapons of Mass Destruction" were? We're still asking that question. The fact that in the heat of this, our president decided to lie to us about an alleged connection between the Country of Niger and Iraq involving sale of Uranium has only added to the fire.

Quote:
[ Please, can't we go back to the days of Stalin, where we made deals with mass murderers?
America hardly has to look back to the days of Stalin to find a time when they made deals with mass murderers.

Quote:
Can't we grant to Iraq and North Korea and Iran a "most favored nation" status. They have lots of money, and will give us some for our own political ends.
Neither country is particularly wealthy and no one is suggesting we grant them mosty favored nation status. All though it would have been nice if the USA had lifted the sanctions on Iraq.

Quote:
Shouldn't we just let evil entities ramp up their violence unchecked against us?
Violence against us? was Iraq sending fighter planes over to spot bomb the American midwest or something? were American women stripped from their homes and assaulted by invading Iraqis? no outside countries or "evil entities" are oppressing America.

Quote:
The only reason they would be violent against us is because we would want to protect ourselves and our friends. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the basic hate for our MTV, and free choice, and the relative economic status or our societies.
I don't really understand this sentence but I assume it falls in line with the general conservative logic of "other people hate us and try to blow us up because they're jealous"

Quote:
We can always cower in our corner and lob an occasional missle at a factory or something.
It was certainly brave enough for americans fighting Afghanistan and Iraq.

Quote:
Let's go get b.j.'s from our interns."
Pointless jab at Clinton revealing the true nature and character of the post.

Old 07-21-2003, 11:10 PM   #177
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

I feel no need to be cute or witty. Instead, I'll be blunt: George W. Bush (and most hardcore right-wingers, for that matter) are fucking douche bags.

mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 11:21 PM   #178
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Sorry Reeds and Epitome, I apologize for calling you guys children or simpletons. I was unfortunately, and momentarily discombobulated by the frenzied volumes of "Bush is an idiot" posts contained in these Bush-Clinton threads, and by awkwardly not wanting to respond meanly to a nice kid who was joining y'alls Bush bashing party. I know that you fellows hold strongly to your beliefs, and I certainly respect that...
Old 07-21-2003, 11:27 PM   #179
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

But I will say that it is irritating to be coerced by a desire to be courteous to the young, into not feeling comfortable in fully joining a debate on this board...

And so I'm going to say it now: If anybody- Sock, Dirk's Cuzin, anybody- regardless of your age, choose to profer unsubstantiated, inflamatory statements or bandy about sarcastic, attacking talk on this board, don't expect to be treated any differently than any other member here...

Most folks on this board are in their 20's and 30's, and generally find some satisfaction in being able to exercise their creative ability in participating in the often fierce debate here, so to any and all younger members who choose to post on this forum, don't expect to be treated any differently than any other member- again, regardless of your age...

And try to keep in mind, that such said debate is all in good fun...

Old 07-21-2003, 11:32 PM   #180
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Oh, and incidentally, I think guys who end their first names with the letter y (ie. sammy, chrisy, matty, etc... ) are poontang douche bags too...
Old 07-22-2003, 07:16 AM   #181
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No one has ever tried to insinuate that things were peachy in Iraq.
. . .
But we never heard anything about the plight of the Iraqi people.
These two statements are contradictory. Either you are trying to do an end around so that you can build a false argument now.
Or you really had never heard about the atrocities in Iraq. Perhaps you only paid attention to the motivation of WMD because it would be impossible to attack the other, and had more potential for political quagmire. If you had known of the atrocities beforehand, then why wasn't that justification enough?

Quote:
our president decided to lie to us about an alleged connection between the Country of Niger and Iraq involving sale of Uranium has only added to the fire.
This was not the most vital statement in the justification for the war in Iraq. I'll bet most people who supported the war would not have been able to name the alleged connection until the recent politics got ahold of it.
I don't have a copy of the speech, but didn't the President say "The British have learned of a connection . . ."? Blair defended that connection throughout the war. Bush never lied. He presented the evidence he had as it was at the time. That makes your accusation a lie.

Quote:
Neither country is particularly wealthy and no one is suggesting we grant them mosty favored nation status.
The baathists were very wealthy. N. Korea has a very expensive military. Both are possible because the two governments have murdered and stolen from a great many people in the world.

Quote:
no outside countries or "evil entities" are oppressing America.
who said anything about "oppressing Åmerica? If you don't think that there are evil entities that hate our way of life enough to kill as many of your friends as they can before they die, and then to oppress those of your friends that remain alive, well, what can I say? You should just go ahead and close your eyes. Sit back and let the intern do her work. Luckily for you there are people that have volunteered to defend to the death your right to do that.

Quote:
I don't really understand this sentence but I assume it falls in line with the general conservative logic of "other people hate us and try to blow us up because they're jealous"
uh - marxism is generally considered a philosophy of communists, socialists, and liberals. None of these are considered 'conservative' in my experience.

Quote:
"Let's go get b.j.'s from our interns."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pointless jab at Clinton revealing the true nature and character of the post.
If you thought that was the only jab at Clinton in my post, then you haven't been reading the news for the past 10 years. If you thought that jab reveals the true nature of my post, then you're right.
But much like your pre-war ignorance of the suffering of the Iraqis, I assume you only replied to the surface of the joke because that's what would fit your own political needs.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 07:49 AM   #182
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh, and incidentally, I think guys who end their first names with the letter y (ie. sammy, chrisy, matty, etc... ) are poontang douche bags too...
At least I am not responsible for the deaths of American soldiers, Iraqi civilians, a gluttonous defecit, a floundering economy, and rapidly growing anti-American sentiment.

The comparisons between Bush and Stalin are amazing...

I need to move to Canada.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:01 AM   #183
Drbio
Banned

mattyd- the use of the f-bomb is considered very inappropriate here (as it should be anywhere). Please edit it out.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:17 AM   #184
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Question: Where are the WMD's?
Answer: I sure hope they find them! We know they existed...UN knows they existed, the French, Germans, Liberals, Democrates know they existed! Let's keep looking for them! I don't care who's president...find them now!

Question to liberals: Who do you want running things in Iraq? Saddam (who at the latest count is responsible for more butchering more than 500,000 civilians) or a more civilized transition government? I sense you want Saddam back...

Economy? Both parties are lousy at the economy...cut taxes, spend more money - raise taxes, spend more money...both approaches are futile!

Canada? Mighty cold up there...enjoy whatever money you get back after taxes...Enjoy waiting in the emergency room for 4 days if you need immediate attention. Got cancer and need an MRI right away,,,,wait 6 months...