Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-25-2005, 12:33 AM   #161
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dallas at Clippers gameday thread

what can you say? playing terrible, don't deserve to win.
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2005, 12:34 AM   #162
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas at Clippers gameday thread

It's amazing..you could see the lack of effort coming even before the game started....which is why I predicted the mavs getting blown out...but the lack of intelligence is inexcusable.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:34 AM   #163
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

What is up with Dirk's FT's? This one turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:36 AM   #164
Murphy3
Guru

You're down 13 with 5 minutes left...you don't have to completely sell out defensively.... it's not a steal or bust.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:36 AM   #165
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's going to demand a trade... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2005, 12:36 AM   #166
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Damn after watching the Sooners kill my Cowboys tonight, I was hopeing for a good game by the Mavs. Pretty depressing night for me.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:37 AM   #167
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

We should have done what the Kings did the night before when they got blown out against San Antonio: Bench all of our starters in the last 6:00 of the fourth.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:38 AM   #168
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
85-109
Waschdel strarted the game day thread too early...the Mavs lose...dirk gets injured
Well, I won't get the score right but maybe the margin of victory.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:38 AM   #169
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Take Dirk out.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:39 AM   #170
Windmill360
Diamond Member

My question is - Why do we choose to try and come back after the game is already lost.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:39 AM   #171
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road

stackhouse shot selection is the worst, and he takes them at the worst times
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:40 AM   #172
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Take Dirk out.
He's struggled the last couple of minutes with a couple of TO's. I think the heavy minutes are getting to him a bit but he's busting his ass defensively and offensively. It's just not equating to as much as you'd like to see offensively.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:40 AM   #173
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road

anyone else think that fin isn't going to be able to help in the future?
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:41 AM   #174
LordOfTheMavs

I hate basketball. When's the SuperBowl. Are the Cowboys in it this year???
Old 01-25-2005, 12:42 AM   #175
Murphy3
Guru

The Mavs needed to be on from the start. They couldn't afford to dilly-dally around and let the Clippers get up on them. With this being the 4th game in 5 days, of course it makes sense that the Mavs wouldn't have alot in reserves for a comeback.

Of course, you have to wonder about shot selection early in the game...
Old 01-25-2005, 12:43 AM   #176
LordOfTheMavs

Good news on Fin getting old and much less effective is that I hear we picked up a late rounder and undrafted guy that look pretty good.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:43 AM   #177
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Azn_Baller101
anyone else think that fin isn't going to be able to help in the future?
He did show up after the game was virtually already over....
Old 01-25-2005, 12:44 AM   #178
Murphy3
Guru

Fin's still a good player that just happened to have a horrible night. Yes, he was key in helping the Mavs to defeat, but he's still more than capable of helping this team.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:45 AM   #179
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Please JOSH and QUISE. COME BACK NOW! They should have put Benga in at the 6 minute mark.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:46 AM   #180
LordOfTheMavs

Not to pile on Fin too much (because frankly all the Mavs beside Damp sucked tonight) but he does that. He will suck all night and then hit trash bucket late in a game to up his numbers.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:46 AM   #181
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Dallas is making it a habit of not putting in effort on back to back nights. And for most of this game, i started to believe that our guards forgot that Dirk was playing.

Only two players showed up, Dirk and Stack. Terry sucked, Harris sucked, Henderson sucked, Damp sucked, and Finley sucked the worst.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:47 AM   #182
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Even Booth, who hasn't logged that many minutes in the past few games, hits an air ball.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:48 AM   #183
LordOfTheMavs

Damp sucked. I kinda thought he had one of his better games this year. Taht is of course when he was on the floor.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:48 AM   #184
LordOfTheMavs

Benga!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 12:48 AM   #185
Murphy3
Guru

I did like the effort by Stack tonight. He showed a little heart while others just didn't seem to care.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:50 AM   #186
LordOfTheMavs

Of course I'm not talking about Dirk.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:50 AM   #187
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Dallas is making it a habit of not putting in effort on back to back nights. And for most of this game, i started to believe that our guards forgot that Dirk was playing.

Only two players showed up, Dirk and Stack. Terry sucked, Harris sucked, Henderson sucked, Damp sucked, and Finley sucked the worst.
Dirk was on fire early hitting his first 3 shots and quickly putting in 9 points in the first. But hell, he couldn't get any touches after that. The Mavs were too busy trying to establish everyone else instead of taking advantage of the Clippers inability to guard Dirk. This helped to get the Mavs into a quick hole.

I don't understand this. This isn't a rarity. I have no idea why this occurs. How do you forget about your best player when he's hot?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:54 AM   #188
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Avery Johnson did a pretty poor job tonight utilizing the bench.

If Bradley's hurt, use Booth. And Harris HAS to get more than 7 minutes out there. Why play Dirk and Stackhouse over 40 minutes on a back-to-back? They both were busting it out there, but their performance appeared to suffer a bit.

I haven't been impressed with how Avery has used Harris. At all.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:55 AM   #189
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Waschdel
Quote:
Originally posted by: akaarod03
Memo to Waschdel: You should start a game day thread the day of the game...not the night before
Memo to aakarod03: I started this thread 44 minutes earlier than you did the night before - so what?
Btw, my day already began but your moon still shines...

Living in Germany I forgot that you´re living in central time and not forum time. My bad...
It's Ok Waschdel...I doubt starting the game day thread on the day of the game would have made a difference tonight. Although we're 0-3 when the game day thread is not started on the actual day of the game! The Mavs looked slow, tired, unprepared, etc. This was one of the worst games of the season. The fact that the Spurs lost tonight hurts even more.

What is our record when J-Ho does not play? I venture to guess it's below .500.

akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:56 AM   #190
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

ak, you need to cut that crap out.

I'm way superstitious but to make a big deal about it before the game and then rub it in afterward is just too much for me.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:56 AM   #191
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: LordOfTheMavs
Not to pile on Fin too much (because frankly all the Mavs beside Damp sucked tonight) but he does that. He will suck all night and then hit trash bucket late in a game to up his numbers.
You look at it as piling numbers? I looked at it as if he's trying to still win the game even though it was over. Reading this game thread you'd think Finley was the cost of this loss. He contributed to it but everyone other than Damp also contributed in this loss. AJ even.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:00 AM   #192
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13

Dirk was on fire early hitting his first 3 shots and quickly putting in 9 points in the first. But hell, he couldn't get any touches after that. The Mavs were too busy trying to establish everyone else instead of taking advantage of the Clippers inability to guard Dirk. This helped to get the Mavs into a quick hole.

I don't understand this. This isn't a rarity. I have no idea why this occurs. How do you forget about your best player when he's hot?

I agree. I think if we would've given Dirk 20+ shot attempts that would've stopped Brunson, Brand, Kaman, Jaric and Simmons from going off on us. Dirk's shot attempts had nothing to do with this loss. I guess I could accept that last year when we were a poor defensive team but you can't play on one side of the ball and expect to win.

1996-2005
Old 01-25-2005, 01:03 AM   #193
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
ak, you need to cut that crap out.

I'm way superstitious but to make a big deal about it before the game and then rub it in afterward is just too much for me.
EL...can you please shut up? I'm not rubbing it in. I was praying that the Mavericks would win. That's the most important thing...not who starts the game day thread. I could care less who starts it. I just thought it was an unwritten rule that whoever starts the game day thread should start it on the actual day of the game. I'm just pointing it out that we're 0-3 when that doesn't occur.
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:03 AM   #194
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

And another thing, we had a terrible mix of people on the court tongiht. It's like we have depth, but the coaches refuse to use it. I saw Bradley and Harris very briefly. I'm going to pray that towards the end of the season that Dirk at center while Henderson at Forward isn't going to help. They should've learned that last year.

AND PLEASE, STOP USING ZONE DEFENSE. With the way we were defending, we'd been better off man to man. We made Ross/Simmons/Brunson/Jaric look like all stars.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 01-25-2005, 01:03 AM   #195
LordOfTheMavs

Your right FinFan. Finley is too much of a Vet to be caught piling on numbers. I'm just frustrated tonight. But it does seem that he will have a 1-8 night going and then start hitting wasted threes when the game is over this year. Maybe it's just me.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:06 AM   #196
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

It is an unwritten rule that the game should be started the day of (Texas time).

well it didnt happen. You gave Wash guff about it, way more than was necessary and then you rub it in that Washdel posted a little before.

I know for a fact that Washdel isnt a texan...give him some slack.

And I dont think he needs any more reminding about the time of the game.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:07 AM   #197
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Your right FinFan. Finley is too much of a Vet to be caught piling on numbers. I'm just frustrated tonight. But it does seem that he will have a 1-8 night going and then start hitting wasted threes when the game is over this year. Maybe it's just me.
I'm encouraged that he hit a couple of shots. Hopefully it will transfer over to the next game.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:11 AM   #198
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:

No it isn't just you. Fin looked like he was tired all night. Then all of a sudden when the game is out of hand he starts playing more aggressive. I'm not sure what it is but he's got to start playing with more confidence and aggressiveness. While his handles aren't the best that's no excuse not to drive or to create an open shot. He also did this in another national televised game. Forget which one it was but he just went shooting wild while the game was over. I appreciate him not giving up while the game is over but he's gotta start playing with that same aggressiveness at the beginning of the game. When he starts to go 0-5 he should just go into the paint and get that hook shot he never misses even though he managed to do so tonight.

1996-2005
Old 01-25-2005, 01:12 AM   #199
LordOfTheMavs

Nobody on the Mavs grabbed more than 1 Oboard other than Damp who had 7. This game pretty much came down to the 15 to 30 second quarter. Mavs outscored the Clipps in the other quarters.

What would the score have been if Maggettee had been in the game????
Old 01-25-2005, 01:12 AM   #200
Nash13
Diamond Member

This was a rare game that we miss Marquis Daniels. He could've posted up those short and/or skinny guards.

It still makes me mad that we lost this one with Maggette out.

It's almost time for Dallas to get their full 10 man rotation together. February isn't going to be easy, and it's important to get momentum heading into the all star break.

~The Salesman