Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-23-2005, 01:55 PM   #161
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all
Default RE: Official Draft Day Thread

I'm thinking Houston grabs DJ at 16 now, so Spears at 20?
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2005, 01:55 PM   #162
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That New Orleans trade shocks me. Did they really need to move up to get Brown?

The Cowboys must REALLY like Ware. You would think they could have traded down a bit and still got him. Then again, maybe there were no good offers from the teams close to them.

Sweet prediction, Dirno.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 01:57 PM   #163
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

my gosh, I don't understand that....stupid Saints.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 01:58 PM   #164
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Official Draft Day Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: #1MavsFan
I'm thinking Houston grabs DJ at 16 now, so Spears at 20?
and perhaps the best first round of anyone....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-23-2005, 01:59 PM   #165
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

Carolina D getting better with DJ? That D would be filled with playmakers!

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 02:00 PM   #166
sike
The Preacha

what is the position of need now for the Boys??? Goose keeps saying the best quality will be a the offensive end....but I think his brain is taking a year off....

Old 04-23-2005, 02:01 PM   #167
sike
The Preacha

Rogers's fall is making me laugh....extreme cockiness always deserves such an act.

Old 04-23-2005, 02:03 PM   #168
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Would the Cowboys take Spears if he were available?

Do the Panthers take the OT from Washington? Or do the Boys take him at 20? Khalif Barnes, I think his name is.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:04 PM   #169
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

I would love for the Boys to get Erasmus James

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 02:06 PM   #170
sike
The Preacha

Thomas Davis?????? I dont know this kid

Old 04-23-2005, 02:07 PM   #171
sike
The Preacha

Goose says "Davis rattles teeth with his hitting ability. "

ok

Old 04-23-2005, 02:08 PM   #172
sike
The Preacha

#20 is 100% golden...how awesome is this draft going for the boys....

Old 04-23-2005, 02:09 PM   #173
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

Davis is a beast. ask some of our receivers.

20 is shaping up to be the best value pick of the draft
Old 04-23-2005, 02:10 PM   #174
sike
The Preacha

"20 is shaping up to be the best value pick of the draft "
its looking like a pick NOT TO TRADE!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2005, 02:20 PM   #175
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

DJ a chief [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2005, 02:20 PM   #176
sike
The Preacha

I like DJ as a chief....replace Derrick Thomas.....

Old 04-23-2005, 02:22 PM   #177
chumdawg
Guru

Kansas City does well with UT boys.

Did Houston's trade just become ugly for them? Or do they take Spears?
Old 04-23-2005, 02:23 PM   #178
endtroducing
Golden Member

do they need a TE or something? this pick could go in a variety of places
Old 04-23-2005, 02:24 PM   #179
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I'd pick Rogers if I was the Boys.

The Boys still don't have a quarterback for the future. And why not take a chance on one in the first round when you got another pick too?

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 02:25 PM   #180
endtroducing
Golden Member

everyone: go to www.easports.com and watch the Next Gen Madden trailer. amazing.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:32 PM   #181
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-23-2005, 02:52 PM   #182
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

We've gotten a little quiet...Cowboys at #20 coming up soon...

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 02:57 PM   #183
chumdawg
Guru

I'm thinking Brodney Poole. Maybe Spears, though.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:58 PM   #184
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Interesting guys still available:

Aaron Rodgers
Mark Clayton
Dan Cody
Sean Cody
Marcus Spears
Roddy White

Lots of guys at 20 that we could take.

Edit: Forgot about my boy Brodney.

Old 04-23-2005, 03:00 PM   #185
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

BOYS ON THE CLOCK!!!!

Old 04-23-2005, 03:00 PM   #186
chumdawg
Guru

Boys are ON THE CLOCK, baby!!!

Let's not rule out Matt Jones, here.

You don't think the Boys would have any interest in Rodgers, do you??
Old 04-23-2005, 03:01 PM   #187
chumdawg
Guru

I'm starting to get nerrrrrrrrv-y-ous.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:03 PM   #188
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

SI's mock draft hadd us taking Ware and Spears. So far they've gotten 1 right. Don't both Spears and Ware play the same position?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 03:04 PM   #189
chumdawg
Guru

Norm is saying that the Boys see Ware as a pure DE in a 4-3. So who knows.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:04 PM   #190
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

If I had Bledsoe and Henson on my roster and needed a quarterback... I'd draft Rodgers. I don't care how arrogant. The Boys need a future quarterback and not very often does the "2nd best QB" fall into your lap.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:06 PM   #191
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea where we go here...Spears would be value, but we don't have a starting spot for him...

...on another note, Alex Barron is huge.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:06 PM   #192
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

I agree with Bayliss, draft Rodgers he's the best player available and plays a KEY position in which we're very iffy.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:06 PM   #193
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'll make a quick prediction before the Cowboys pick. We draft Aaron Rodgers and end up trading down and grabbing the Packers pick and another second rounder.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 03:06 PM   #194
chumdawg
Guru

But...we already drafted a QB in the third round of this draft.

It's intriguing, but I just don't know...

Bring me something good here, Boys. I like Poole.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:07 PM   #195
chumdawg
Guru

Last year we were almost exactly at this spot, weren't we, when Buffalo decided they needed to have J.P. Losman?
Old 04-23-2005, 03:09 PM   #196
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Werder reports Marcus Spears.

And he is right.

Old 04-23-2005, 03:09 PM   #197
chumdawg
Guru

There's my boy.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:10 PM   #198
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Marcus Spears...has Chum's head exploded [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2005, 03:10 PM   #199
Bayliss

I'll be happy when Parcells leaves.

Old 04-23-2005, 03:11 PM   #200
chumdawg
Guru

I liked Spears at 11, but not at 20. Hee.