Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-29-2005, 12:46 PM   #161
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Lost - Season 2

Old 09-29-2005, 12:49 PM   #162
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: jthig32
As far as the others vs tailsection survivors, I think it's fairly certain we will see both next episode. Why would the other survivors throw that girl in the pit? I think The Others are what we saw going after Jin, and they capture the other two, and throw them in the same pit at the chick, which is how they find out about each other.
Okay... then explain why she is with them here:
Old 09-29-2005, 12:51 PM   #163
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lost - Season 2

that definitely looks like Michelle Rodriguez on the right. who is that on the left?

Also, if I was amongst a primitie group of people, and people were getting sick and going crazy, I too would fashion a prison/pit system to keep them away from the others.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:56 PM   #164
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

The girl? I heard someone say they thought that was one of the flight attendants. But no one has posted a screen cap from it yet.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:00 PM   #165
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

also the middle guy is definitely that guy from the headshot earlier in the thread. The person in the far right could be male or female but it looks like it's wearing a sundress. Other than the woman with the white stick, it looks like everyone else is wearing contemporary clothing (jeans, cargo pants)

About Desmond: anyone ever see Brendan Fraser in Blast from the Past?
Old 09-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #166
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap, it's steve nash!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:18 PM   #167
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

south korea flag.

jin and sun are from south korea! oh snap!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:55 PM   #168
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

BBL- I just now got your Dharma joke! I couldn't decipher it until you posted the zoomed pic.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:34 PM   #169
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, that's a good point U2. I hadn't seen that still shot. Based on their clothing and the fact that the chick is with them, I now agree that they are all the tail section survivors.

However, I still want to know why the chick is thrown into the pit with them.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:47 PM   #170
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

maybe it isn't a pit? they could be hiding from something. I don't remember it too well, so are you positive the so-called 'pit' is indeed a pit?

or if it is a pit then maybe 'michelle' snuck into it to explain things, or she could be trying to sneak them out. she doesn't have to be a prisoner in order to be in it.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:49 PM   #171
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

it looked like a pit/prison. but of course, it could be anything. it was just a quick cut.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:59 PM   #172
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Call it a hunch or Women's intuition but I know that Kim Jung Il is going to play a major role later in the season. There have been whispers around Hollywood for some time that Il would only negotiate with the US if Il was given a role in a Hollywood movie or TV show
Old 09-29-2005, 03:46 PM   #173
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Maybe Sawyer/Jin/Michael didn't float back to the same island, just some alternate reality version of the island. It looks the same, but it's different.

Along that line of thinking, maybe the islands are part of some elaborate behavioral experiment where scientists (be it human/alien/or whatever) are attempting to see how different types of stimuli affect two different groups of people. The tail section survivors could be the control group, while our friends from the front of the plane get crazy ass beasts, visions of ghosts, and false memories. The only problem with the experiment is that Walt turned out to be a psychic badass who the scientists can't control.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:17 AM   #174
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ok, it's definitely a prison pit.

go HERE - LostLinks

to see the preview for next week. Click on US version of the Orientation preview.

WARNING. the canadian version DEFINITELY has more spoilers for next week.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:49 PM   #175
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

sooooooooooooooo, why are "we all going to die"????

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:56 PM   #176
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe this has been posted already, but here is a blog that chronicles each and every occurence of a number in The Number Sequence.

It gave me major tired head.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:01 PM   #177
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

It is outlandish what kind of detailed research some of the fans do on some of those message boards after every episode. I can't imagine how they actually enjoy the show if the time spent watching it is looking for little bitty clues. Let it all play out, I say. TPTB will reveal it when they need to.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:10 PM   #178
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
1. Can the numbers be a random set of coordinates that might explain the mysterious location of the island?
2. Can the numbers be a formula to get on and off the island?

How many random groups of people are on the island?
1. The survivors
2. The tail section survivors
3. Desmond and whoever WAS with him
4. The "others"
5. Danielle and whoever was with her

Who was Ethan's group- 3 or 4? Who was Danielle's group -3,4, or 5? I'm starting to think the island is a large laboratory run by some large corporation and that somehow everything went awry. It's like Bio-dome (yes the Pauly Shore movie) meets the X-files...

I hate to quote myself...but I'm really curious to know y'alls ideas on the different groups on the island and where desmond, ethan, and danielle fit...
Old 10-01-2005, 09:16 AM   #179
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

would not be surprised if Ethan Rom was either Desmond's former bunkmate

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-03-2005, 01:01 AM   #180
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Desmond was definitely playing doctor with Ethan.

Anywho, there is a movie about fog that turns you inside out that has Superman and Claire in it. I wonder if Claire is already looking for another job?
Old 10-03-2005, 09:39 AM   #181
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
I wonder if Claire is already looking for another job?
there's always hope...

Old 10-03-2005, 11:36 AM   #182
XERXES
Diamond Member

Jin's survival has me re-guessing who will get the axe...

bring me the head of the hobbit!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:47 AM   #183
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

oops, I mean Shannon (Maggie Grace). I always get the names mixed up.

Anyway, I really want to get rid of Claire. At this point Claire and Charlie are the weakest links.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:31 PM   #184
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
oops, I mean Shannon (Maggie Grace). I always get the names mixed up.

Anyway, I really want to get rid of Claire. At this point Claire and Charlie are the weakest links.
Claire is one of my favorites. I wish that we'd get more of her backstory. She is one of the most mysterious people on the island. I say "bring me more claire AND the head of the hobbit!"

Old 10-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #185
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I'd have to agree with Xerx. we don't really know much about claire. seems like she could play the old wise lady role, once she figures out how to use her powers without being freaked out by them. also, no way can the 2nd best looking girl get the axe. that would be sad. if any of the girls have to be killed, i'm going to side with sike and say shannon. I don't really see that happening though, either, because Sayid will protect her.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:44 PM   #186
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This just in....Lost has been cancelled.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #187
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I have a feeling that Claire's baby is still integral to the mysteries. So the Others were after Walt, we assume because he is "special". But where does Ethan fit in? Why take Claire? Was he in cahoots with Rousseau? That would be the easy explanation, but we don't know. And if the psychic was right, Aaron must be "special" somehow also.

Kill her off, then the baby turns evil? That might be a direction it will take. But I think the psychic wanted her on that plane. And I would be willing to bet that there were no adoptive parents in LA waiting for her.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #188
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

or it could just be a device to trick the audience. lead us in one direction, then surprise us when "the others" were really after Walt. if so, it worked.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:53 PM   #189
XERXES
Diamond Member

I concur with Biggie...the "others" wanted Walt. I just don't know why...
Old 10-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #190
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I just don't know why...
ethnic diversity?

Old 10-03-2005, 08:59 PM   #191
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
I just don't know why...
ethnic diversity?

Be careful...that right there is edging closely to "line of the week" material!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 06:13 AM   #192
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

That's fine and all, but we still saw that story progress. If they drop that storyline I will be severly dissapointed. I want Aaron to turn into the evil FlameDevil like baby JackJack from the Incredibles.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:15 PM   #193
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, it'd be cool if it led somewhere, but I think it may have just been a red herring.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #194
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
I just don't know why...
ethnic diversity?

Be careful...that right there is edging closely to "line of the week" material!!!
Thanks for the warning…I do my best to stay mundane and banal…I’d hate to accidentally sabotage all my previous work

Old 10-05-2005, 10:08 AM   #195
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

[Definite spoiler information!!!!! Regarding tonights episode]

http://television.aol.com/feature/lost_tv

Son of a gun..... So Ana Lucia is captured? I wonder if the Black man is from the Nigerian drug plane? I'm confused. Guess that's why they make you watch the show. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

[/end Definite spoiler information.....]
Old 10-05-2005, 10:13 AM   #196
sike
The Preacha

they say that tonight they answer questions....we'll see.

Old 10-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #197
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Something I found brousing from the season premiere:

Jack's future wife (Julie Bowen) killed another driver in a car crash.

The EMS guy who wheels him in says the patient is "Adam Rutherford, 57 ..."

Check the official Web sites, Shannon's last name is Rutherford.

After her dad died, Shannon's stepmom (Boone's actual mother) cut her off financially.

So, depending on how you look at it, either Jack's wife killed him in the accident, or Jack killed him by choosing to treat the girl instead.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:24 PM   #198
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

After her dad died, Shannon's stepmom (Boone's actual mother) cut her off financially.

So, depending on how you look at it, either Jack's wife killed him in the accident, or Jack killed him by choosing to treat the girl instead.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:43 PM   #199
XERXES
Diamond Member

I think we may have covered this topic a week ago. But, it is insightful Dooby. Thanks for reminding everyone.

At least you aren't asking for help with your Treo 650...
Old 10-05-2005, 02:47 PM   #200
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby

just yet another interesting connection for our castaways