Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-17-2006, 08:16 PM   #161
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
People know that if they bring the ball down the lane on this team, they are landing on the asses. this wasn't so with the 02-03 team.
Give me a break man. So Diop is striking fear into the other team? Even Damp doesn't strike "fear" into anyone. And the hardest fouls on this team are given by Jerry Stackhouse and Josh Howard. Man.

I don't believe you should be cursing on this board if you expect to stay very long. I was pointing out the "wwe" to make sure that you were siding with jet I guess.

You do have stellar debating skills however. No facts, very little logic and a bunch of cursing like a 3 year old.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2006, 08:18 PM   #162
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG.... You are insane. Let's see how much more BEEF does DeSagna have than shawn? Would you PLEASE look something up! Shawn weighed about 275lbs. DeSagana is listed at 280 but that's probably bogus as Dampier is listed at 265..

Shawn was NOT "easy" to get around. No 7'6" guy is easy to get around.
This is not an attempt to be mean at all. I have alot of expeireince in this BEEF area. I am 6 foot 8, hence the name. I weigh 180 pounds. To normal people, 180 pounds is not huge, but nice sized. But when you are 6 foot 8, I am thin and not beefy at all. There is a huge difference between Shawns 275 and Diops 280 because of the 6 inches height difference.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #163
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

I will summarize up why I think Diop is way better with the intangibles.
1. Diop isn't worried about foul trouble and therefore is willing to give hard fouls around the basket that intimidates players while Bradley almost attracts people to attack the basket and dunk on him.
2. Diop is a better hustler and is more moble to get to loose balls off the floor while Bradley occassionally hustled wasn't his biggest strength.
3. Diop has a bigger body and therefore can set better picks and free up players while Bradley is too skinny to be effective here.
4. Diop is a much better man to man defender. He can guard pretty much any type of center and even some power forwards because of his athleticism. Bradley struggles with physical centers such as Shaq of course and I couldn't see him having a chance against Amare either.
5. With Bradley on the floor the team is forced to play in a zone which teams will figure out once they get used to it. Diop you don't need to go zone with.

All these things do not show up on the stat sheet but are crucial for a teams success.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:20 PM   #164
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Give me a break man. So Diop is striking fear into the other team? Even Damp doesn't strike "fear" into anyone. And the hardest fouls on this team are given by Jerry Stackhouse and Josh Howard. Man.

I don't believe you should be cursing on this board if you expect to stay very long. I was pointing out the "wwe" to make sure that you were siding with jet I guess.

You do have stellar debating skills however. No facts, very little logic and a bunch of cursing like a 3 year old.
I was not the one who cursed first. Arne said something above about biased S***, then the spiral guy used F****. So there goes that point.

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 02-17-2006 at 08:22 PM.
sixeightmkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #165
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
this is tired.
Stats. They can tell you alot, they can tell you a little. If you base everything on stats, you will be incorrect most of the time. You have to use stats along with common sense when watching the game. Yes, you are right, Bradley blocked alot of shots, he gave his all when he played, but what exactly is his all. It is an unathletic person who can reacch to the rim, but can only jump about 2 inches above it. When someone would run into him he would fall over and flail around on the floor. I see alot of promising things from Diop, such as tremendous jumping ability, strength inside, and a solid body that doesn't fall over when the wind blows. This is the last thing I will say about Bradley and Diop. Please don't get caught up in stats alone because they only tell one side of the story.
You haven't got a leg to stand on, and you know it. Don't tell me about common sense, son. You're the one who's telling us how much better Diop is than Bradley ever was. If you actually watched Bradley play you could see that the stretches when he was on the floor were just about the only time the Mavericks could play anything resembling defense. Common sense? You're the one who doesn't have your facts straight, telling us that Bradley was the #1 pick. And again, you're the one who brought up Bradley's stats in the first place.

But you're right, stats can be misleading. Like the stats you brought up in a vain attempt to make Bradley out to be worthless... Those stats didn't show that he was the best defensive player on the team. Sure, stats aren't everything, but solid numbers are solid numbers. That's called production, and for the majority of his career, Bradley certainly did produce. But you still insist that he was "the joke of the league" ever since he was drafted, and that isn't common sense. That's denial.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #166
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

You're right. Bradley was the best defensive CENTER on that team in 2002-03. Raef Lafrentz didn't even know the word defense. Actually I would say Raja Bell was their best defender and Adrian Griffin right behind that. I like that one sentence about Shawn Bradley being just as beefy as Diop. lol That made me feel more comfortable with my argument. Also people cuss here all the time and haven't got in trouble.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote