Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #161
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Yao's shots are always going in...
Old 03-15-2006, 11:12 PM   #162
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Yao's gone M.I.A.
Yeah, shut up orangedays.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:12 PM   #163
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

yao's arms were most definitely NOT straight up.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:13 PM   #164
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad to see there is little to no woe-is-me bullcrap tonight. I do see the nightly stack bash though.

Nice to get back home to the Mavs in time to see them finish off the rockettes.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:14 PM   #165
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

jeeezus, Dirk is just so damn good. There is not a better player in the game...period.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 03-15-2006, 11:14 PM   #166
Drbio
Banned

Thank goodness for Damp the last few nights.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #167
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I'm glad to see there is little to no woe-is-me bullcrap tonight. I do see the nightly stack bash though.

Nice to get back home to the Mavs in time to see them finish off the rockettes.
Good to have you Doc, GDT's sparsely populated tonight.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #168
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Yao mave have hade the better half. Dirk is the player of the game.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #169
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Good to have you Doc, GDT's sparsely populated tonight.
I see that. Everyone must be at Wednesday night church.

Last edited by Drbio; 03-15-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:16 PM   #170
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

That was a hellacious block by Dirk.

I wish he'd block more of that "weak shit in the lane"
Old 03-15-2006, 11:17 PM   #171
The Crippler
Diamond Member

the nightly stack bash seemed to be well deserved as Stack was replaced by RAWLE MARSHALL...and when that happened, we put Houston away. think about that for a second.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:17 PM   #172
Drbio
Banned

Oh Dirk you are so vicious.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #173
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
the nightly stack bash seemed to be well deserved as Stack was replaced by RAWLE MARSHALL...and when that happened, we put Houston away. think about that for a second.

Noone said the nightly bash wasn't justified.....
Old 03-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #174
TXSportsFan4

TXSportsFan4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I see that. Everyone must be at Wednesday night church.
Maybe they all made the road trip down to Houston lol
Old 03-15-2006, 11:20 PM   #175
Drbio
Banned

I kind of figured kg_veteran would be here. We played ball tonight and I let him play on my team for once. Since that happened, he won't be battered, bruised and beaten like a red headed stepchild. You have to let him recover sometimes.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:22 PM   #176
orangedays
Platinum Member

Stack was 4-7 at the half I believe. He then proceeded to make 1 of his next 6 shots. I don't understand what's happened with him...what happened to the Stack that dominated the 2nd unit? Maybe he's playing more injured than he's letting on? Maybe with all the injuries out, he's trying to do too many things?
Old 03-15-2006, 11:22 PM   #177
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

I'm really happy about this win. The team seems not to miss many players and to have played a very tough game last night. They're fighting really hard.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #178
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

Great win for Dallas!! Rawle looks like a player! Dirk is THE MAN! I hope he can play like this when we play the Spurs and/or Suns again!
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #179
The Crippler
Diamond Member

another nice road win...those are always great to see.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #180
Drbio
Banned

Could be although I haven't heard much out of the Mavs camp about him being injured. Anyone else?
Old 03-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #181
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Good win, boring game. Damn, that was boring.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:24 PM   #182
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw-xx
They're fighting really hard.
They have been busting ass for a while now.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:24 PM   #183
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Huge win for the Mavs.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:25 PM   #184
TXSportsFan4

TXSportsFan4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Disaster
Great win for Dallas!! Rawle looks like a player! Dirk is THE MAN! I hope he can play like this when we play the Spurs and/or Suns again!
yeah great win. I wish we would have fouled yao a lot less, but he wasn't enough to beat us so its all good.

Go Mavs!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:26 PM   #185
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry for missing the GDT..but, I'm building a retaining wall and a deck in my back yard...so, I'm a little crunched for time and will be for the next week or so.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:26 PM   #186
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

I wonder what happened to Luther Head tonight? Didn't he have a HUGE night against us last time?
Old 03-15-2006, 11:27 PM   #187
shaw-xx
Golden Member

Quote:
They have been busting ass for a while now.
I haven't watched a live Mavs game for quite awhile. So feel they're real good.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:27 PM   #188
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd like to see a more efficient player in place of Stack...a shooter or a rebounder or something instead of a volume scorer. (If we decide to move him, that is).
Marquis Daniels will be the guy to take the minutes.. fill the roster spot with a spot up shooter.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #189
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Rawle Marshall....NICE job, thanks brotha', we needed ya'...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #190
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Everybody stepped up.

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:30 PM   #191
Drbio
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
sorry for missing the GDT..but, I'm building a retaining wall and a deck in my back yard...so, I'm a little crunched for time and will be for the next week or so.
You have effed up priorities.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:30 PM   #192
Captain Disaster

Stack needs a rest before the playoffs. He's either injured or his body is slowing down from old age; he's having some issues right now that will prove too costly during the playoffs. The BT better figure it out.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:36 PM   #193
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I thought Marshall had a real nice game. The kid has speed and looks like Jho's kid brother.

Yao was a best tonight. Good thing T-Mac was out. This game would have been a nailbiter. The mavs just need to be healthy. Devin Harris is the teams best pennetrator and pure point guard. Daniels has played well with the extended minutes. Dampier has been good since his move to the bench. He was great again tonight.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:37 PM   #194
Murphy3
Guru

I know doc..but, it's spring break.. I won't get a chance to get this done until..... probably next fall.. With full time work and full time school, I have to get things done when I can. So, I used the miracle of TiVo to watch the game.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:38 PM   #195
Drbio
Banned

Since you have TiVo we can give you a pass. But only if you drink beer during the replay.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #196
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Boy I'm watching the highlights of Diop getting beaten up by Yao...He's just going to have to get tougher and more physical with those big guys.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #197
ben d

ben d is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
another nice road win...those are always great to see.
Just replying to your icon. Did you see Panic at ACL? Amazing.

Anyways, good win tonight. Rawle is player of the game.
ben d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:42 PM   #198
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben d
Just replying to your icon. Did you see Panic at ACL? Amazing.

Anyways, good win tonight. Rawle is player of the game.
He had an impressive outing, but PoG?

I'd give that either to Yao, or if we're doing winning team, definitely Dirk.

30 pts, 11 rebs, 50% fg, 100% ft, 3 asts, 3 blks

Another gaudy line.

*edit: actually I'd give it to Dirk hands down...that's an absolutely disgusting line.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-15-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:44 PM   #199
ben d

ben d is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Dirk had a nasty game, but this was really out of character for Rawle.

I like how the posters at this site don't treat noobs like sh¡t.
ben d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:51 PM   #200
Captain Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben d
I like how the posters at this site don't treat noobs like sh¡t.

Welcome.