Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #161
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Well i just offered a trade that included peyton manning for trent green so i hope im wrong.
Trade in total
Peyton Manning Trent Green
Dominck Davis Clinton Portis
Jamaal Lewis Fred Taylor
Mike Anderson Mark Clayton

With the davis injury i have no rbs whatsoever and i already have duckett so portis is a little safer for me than most. I dont like green but he is a viable starter whereas at this point i hate going into the season with Lewis and Deangelo williams as my starting rbs(yes deangelo williams is my second best rb right now.)

Last edited by Five-ofan; 09-04-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #162
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Green always gets 4,000 yards, hasn't he done it like 3 or 4 years staight? I would definetly take him over Bledsoe though, so I guess we'll see.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #163
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Well i just offered a trade that included peyton manning for trent green so i hope im wrong.
Trade in total
Peyton Manning Trent Green
Dominck Davis Clinton Portis
Jamaal Lewis Fred Taylor
Mike Anderson Mark Clayton

With the davis injury i have no rbs whatsoever and i already have duckett so portis is a little safer for me than most. I dont like green but he is a viable starter whereas at this point i hate going into the season with Lewis and Deangelo williams as my starting rbs(yes deangelo williams is my second best rb right now.)
Wait, did you get the Manning side? If so, why'd you trade for Dominick Davis when you know he's hurt?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 09-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #164
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Wait, did you get the Manning side? If so, why'd you trade for Dominick Davis when you know he's hurt?
No i traded the manning side and I ammended it to calhoun instead of davis. My starting rbs were Deangelo williams and jamaal Lewis. i had to do something and im hoping green is still solid. As for green and his 4000 yards, he did that with vermeil and now he has edwards. HUGE difference. That said since i now have him, im hoping he is great.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #165
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

oic, that's a pretty good trade for you, hopefully Portis will be healthy for you. I still think Green is a top 15 QB, even if he doesn't get 4,000 yards.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #166
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
oic, that's a pretty good trade for you, hopefully Portis will be healthy for you. I still think Green is a top 15 QB, even if he doesn't get 4,000 yards.
yeah, there is no question that green is a better qb than Lewis and Williams are fantasy rbs at this point.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #167
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Definetly, and if Portis is healthy then you owned him in that trade.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:52 PM   #168
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Definetly, and if Portis is healthy then you owned him in that trade.
Yeah plus i already have duckett as a handcuff if he isnt.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:53 PM   #169
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Yeah, Duckett will be pretty solid either way.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:08 AM   #170
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Still need more people for NFL Pick'em. Please join, it doesn't take long and it's fun and challenging. It's on Yahoo, League ID 25144 PW gofalcons

Old 09-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #171
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

The touchdown generating machine that is sometimes called "Warner to Boldin" is now employed by the Black Hearted Apes. Cower in fear, young mortals.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:55 AM   #172
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
The touchdown generating machine that is sometimes called "Warner to Boldin" is now employed by the Black Hearted Apes. Cower in fear, young mortals.
you realize boldin is arizonas number 2 receiver right?
Old 09-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #173
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I don't really think Arizona has a number two receiver. They are more like 1a and 1b. They'll get pretty equal catches and yards, but Fitz will have more TD's.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:47 AM   #174
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I don't really think Arizona has a number two receiver. They are more like 1a and 1b. They'll get pretty equal catches and yards, but Fitz will have more TD's.
I know that boldin is a number 1 in fantasy too but if he was gonna try for the AZ touchdown machine he grabbed the wrong receiver.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #175
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

lol yeah, if he wants the TD machine he should have gotten Fitz.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:18 AM   #176
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

The Warner/Boldin touchdown machine helped the Black Hearted Apes burn up the league in week one.

And fo' all y'all haters.. Larry Fitzgerald had a nice game, but unlike Boldin, he did not get in the end zone.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:04 AM   #177
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad for you, ape.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #178
Five-ofan
Guru

Well, in a different league I traded Boldin for lamont Jordan today. I had proposed it about a week ago and he overreacted and accepted it today. I know jordan had a horrible game in week 1 and that oline is bad but I still expect big things out of him. This gives me Portis and Lamont Jordan as my rb combo with fred Taylor on the bench. Sadly, I need a qb since im relegated to starting David Carr now. He is helpful in that he had the second most rushing yards of any qb in the nfl last year so im hoping for the best. I knew better than to accept trent green though. I knew it, i knew it, i knew it.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #179
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say that The Thigglers will rebound this week, and U2 will fall to an ugly 0-2. Shame it has to happen to a nice guy, but The Thiggler will show no mercy.

U2 has the interesting situation of having his #1 RB running against the defense of his home town team, AND his fantasy team.

Talk about conflicted....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #180
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Just wanted to say that The Thigglers will rebound this week, and U2 will fall to an ugly 0-2. Shame it has to happen to a nice guy, but The Thiggler will show no mercy.

U2 has the interesting situation of having his #1 RB running against the defense of his home town team, AND his fantasy team.

Talk about conflicted....
Ummm.... I'm 1-0 so the only one in that matchup facing an 0-2 deficit is YOU my friend!!!!!

Old 09-14-2006, 11:44 AM   #181
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Crap! I went off of memory, and now my entire trash talk post is ruined!

Arrggg!!!

*slinks away, head down, dejected*

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #182
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody notice the triple digits Chum's Bums threw up there? Poor 5-0. He scored the second-most points in the league and still took a loss.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:29 PM   #183
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Anybody notice the triple digits Chum's Bums threw up there? Poor 5-0. He scored the second-most points in the league and still took a loss.
Do you have stat tracker? If so, could you please tell me the score of my matchup this week?

Old 09-17-2006, 11:32 PM   #184
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You are leading 60-53.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:25 AM   #185
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You are leading 60-53.
Thanks

Wow, I escaped with a win this week and only scored 60 points! I'll take it though

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 09-18-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:12 AM   #186
Darth Ape
Banned

It's the Matt Jones / Hines Ward show tonight. Whoever has the most points will likely deliver a win to their owners. Jthig predicted a win, so he better hope Matt Jones delivers.

i'll also be keeping my eye on fast Willie PArker, as he gives Just211 their only chance of beating the Apes. It's a slim chance..he needs about 20 points... but it might force me to flip over during commercials for studio 60 tonight.

Last edited by Darth Ape; 09-18-2006 at 08:12 AM.