Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #161
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Rangers 15 Orioles 1...... Good Game, Rangers Dominated
Old 07-13-2006, 09:27 PM   #162
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
I don't know if I should post this in the Home Run Derby thread or here, but Tex has 3 HRs and 7 RBIs on the first game back from the all-star game!

Geez Tex...
Great to see, about time

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #163
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Dayyyyummmmm.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:23 PM   #164
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

They said on the radio that Tex now has 5 homeruns in 10 at bats vs Bruce Chen, whom he hit the last two bombs off of.

If Tex has a second half that we've all been waiting for, and GMJ and Derosa continue their improbable success, this team's got a chance.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:33 PM   #165
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Tex with 3 bombs, hope this is a sign of things to come
Old 07-14-2006, 10:43 AM   #166
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
Tex with 3 bombs, hope this is a sign of things to come
yeah...just 5 more games like last night and he'll be above last season's pace....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #167
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I don't know claim to know much about baseball, but I think the Rangers are going to explode in the second half of the season. I think they were just going through the motions through the first half of the season to figure out what they have here. For whatever reason, the Rangers have historically faded towards the end of seasons. I don't see that happening this year. They have nowhere near peaked yet.

Who is this Padilla guy? He's been solid all year.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:40 PM   #168
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Padilla? He's a former Philly All-Star.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #169
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Padilla? He's a former Philly All-Star.
Really? Wow, I had no idea. I'm pretty much ignorant when it comes to what's going on in baseball in the passed 10 years.

Edit: Thanks 5-0. I agree with what you said regarding specific players picking it up, but I'm not really banking my belief on any particular player. I'm thinking the Rangers, on a whole, just haven't put it together like they are capable of. And that, to me, is encouraging going into the second half of the year.

I just wanted to add that knowing that Padilla has had previous success in the Majors makes me feel a lot better about considering him an ace of the Rangers' rotation.

Last edited by jleefilled; 07-14-2006 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #170
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Padilla was an all star in 02 i think for the phils. He has a great fastball but he sometimes falls in love with his average off speed stuff. Then sometimes he goes the other way and doesnt ever show anything but the fastball. However, when he just shows the offspeed stuff he is great. We got him for ricardo rodriguez. What a trade. As for the rangers and exploding i think that they could but the problem is that if you expect tex to return to what he normally is you have to expect some regression from gmj and derosa. Derosa was 4-4 with a hr last night as well btw. I dont know if they will but gmj is a career 250 hitter who is hitting around 330. that is a little scary as far as expecting him to continue it especially when he is hitting a crazy 371 on balls that are in play.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #171
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that is interesting, the rangers have been very clutch this year as far as hitting goes. Among players with at least 30 close and late game situation ABs, the 3 highest and 4 of the top 10 Batting averages in such situations belong to the rangers. GMJ has the highest average, Young is second, Blalock 3rd and Derosa is tied for 10th. Interesting.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:03 PM   #172
jleefilled
Platinum Member

That is interesting.

Actually, when I think about it, I think the real reason for my optimism are these guys: Millwood, Padilla, Rheineker, and Koronka.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #173
Five-ofan
Guru

One other thing worth mentioning is how utterly dominant cordero has been since may 1. He has a 1.99 era in 31.2 inning pitched while striking out 34 and giving up only 25 hits and 9 walks.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 07-14-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:46 PM   #174
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
One other thing worth mentioning is how utterly dominant cordero has been since may 1. He has a 1.99 era in 31.2 inning pitched while striking out 34 and giving up only 25 hits and 9 walks.
Wow, awesome.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:40 PM   #175
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Yup, he's been great. If Loe comes along and is a rock in the bullpen like he was last year, we could make every game a 6 inning game.

Makes me very happy thinking about it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #176
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, Loe was better as a starter last season.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #177
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Actually, Loe was better as a starter last season.
I agree, and honestly I was hoping they'd give him another chance as a starter. But he was pretty good in the pen as well, and I think in the long run he's better suited for the pen probably.

I think he's going to do well as the 7th inning guy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #178
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Rangers 2 Orioles 1
Dirkgreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #179
Murphy3
Guru

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound as if FF is close to being ready.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:14 AM   #180
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

If you read Loe's comments, it's pretty clear he still wants to start. Remember how hard he lobbied for it last year. They seems to be leaning toward sticking him in the pen, but I kinda hope they'll give him a shot to show his struggles in the first half were b/c of the injury.

Good to see Millwood get a W. Didn't realize it'd been almost a month.

Weirdly I'm more optimistic about Adam Eaton now than I was when we got him originally. I think it's just b/c I like him more now b/c he seems like a good guy & a good teammate. I'm glad they've looked good these first two games out of the break & we can see if he can help them while it still matters.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #181
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

sorry for being a little out of the know on this...but has Eaton piched yet...if so...how'd he look?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-15-2006, 09:52 AM   #182
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Returns next week.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:00 AM   #183
sike
The Preacha

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
Returns next week.
great. thanks for the info.

Old 07-15-2006, 10:56 AM   #184
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

with all that's been going on, i totally forgot loe was injured for so long.

with loe and eaton returning and if millwood, padilla, and koronka can pitch like they've been doing, our rotation doesn't look so bad anymore. my guess is it's going to be a competition for the last two spots between loe, rheinecker, and koronka. it'd be nice to have two leftys in the rotation, but that would really suck for loe if he has to go back to middle relief.

just my thoughts at the moment since i've been away for so long...

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:13 PM   #185
Murphy3
Guru

The problem is that you cannot take Rheinecker out of the rotation for Loe at the moment. He's simply pitched too good. Loe isn't much more proven than Koronka or Rheinecker.

Eaton will probably take Wasdin's spot in the rotation. Loe will probably slide into the 7th inning spot unless something happens with one of the two lefties.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:46 AM   #186
sike
The Preacha

Question

Quote:
Eaton will probably take Wasdin's spot in the rotation. Loe will probably slide into the 7th inning spot unless something happens with one of the two lefties.
and that could be a good thing for the bullpin, right?

Old 07-16-2006, 09:53 AM   #187
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
and that could be a good thing for the bullpin, right?
Yes, it definitely could/should be.

If Frankie Frank could ever make it back to a semblance of what he was two years ago, that would an amazing set of relievers.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #188
jleefilled
Platinum Member

I'm losing hope for the Rangers. They're getting spanked for the third straight game.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:24 PM   #189
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

CJ Wilson's coming back? I'd forgotten about him.

This team is really annoying. Impossible to tell what they are.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:24 AM   #190
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This team is really annoying. Impossible to tell what they are.
I think this team is the definition of inconsistent.

I really can't tell what they need, because it changes almost daily.

Pitching, of course. The pitching hasn't been that bad though.
Defense -- they have pretty good defensive players.
Offense -- who needs to be upgraded?

They have a young and very good infield.
They have a young and good outfield.

They have descent pitching, and young guys developing. (although they can always use more)

Funny, but for the first time in years, I think standing pat is probably the best idea, unless someone offers something that is overwhelming.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #191
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I think this team is the definition of inconsistent.

I really can't tell what they need, because it changes almost daily.

Pitching, of course. The pitching hasn't been that bad though.
Defense -- they have pretty good defensive players.
Offense -- who needs to be upgraded?

They have a young and very good infield.
They have a young and good outfield.

They have descent pitching, and young guys developing. (although they can always use more)

Funny, but for the first time in years, I think standing pat is probably the best idea, unless someone offers something that is overwhelming.
I'm not sure I agree on the young and good outfield.

GMJ is over thirty, as is Derosa. Without them our outfield would look pretty bad this year, and it's entirely possible neither is back next year.

Mench is proving to just be a guy. I really wish we'd traded him two years ago. Nothing wrong with "a guy", I guess, but everyone had hopes for more.

Wilkerson has been disappointing, although I think he might bounce back somewhat next year, with a contract year, and perhaps some surgery done on his shoulder.

As far as what could help this team, not ever, EVER putting Hairston and Guzman in the lineup on the same day is a start.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-18-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #192
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I'm not sure I agree on the young and good outfield.

GMJ is over thirty, as is Derosa. Without them our outfield would look pretty bad this year, and it's entirely possible neither is back next year.

Mench is proving to just be a guy. I really wish we'd traded him two years ago. Nothing wrong with "a guy", I guess, but everyone had hopes for more.

Wilkerson has been disappointing, although I think he might bounce back somewhat next year, with a contract year, and perhaps some surgery done on his shoulder.

As far as what could help this team, not ever, EVER putting Hairston and Guzman in the lineup on the same day is a start.
Neither GMJ or Derosa is over the hill though, and I expect both to have at least 3 more descent years in them. Both are hitting well, and both play a descent defense (GMJ is better than avg, and Derosa at least avg). I really don't include Derosa anyway because he is just a very good utility player, IMO, and nothing more or less.

Mench is what he is........which is OK, but nothing spectacular. (very inconsistent)
Wilkerson could be better....but you actually expect him to get better.

Mench, Wilkerson, GMJ are not bad though, not spectacular, but definately at least average.

What could you get at the trade deadline that would be an improvement?
What could you get out of average guys?

I don't think you could get anything for any of them, nor do I think you could find better replacements w/o mortgaging the future.

Man I wish they wouldn't have missed out on Aubrey Huff though--- that should have been Texas instead of Houston picking up that left handed bat/dh/utility player.

PS: I agree on the Hairston/Guzman line.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:31 PM   #193
Five-ofan
Guru

Hairston needs to quit being an almost every day player. I was thrilled when we got him because he is the utility guy that is a terror on the bases to pinch run with late in games. He has value that way. When you play him almost everyday he is over exposed as a guy who cant hit.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #194
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Neither GMJ or Derosa is over the hill though, and I expect both to have at least 3 more descent years in them. Both are hitting well, and both play a descent defense (GMJ is better than avg, and Derosa at least avg). I really don't include Derosa anyway because he is just a very good utility player, IMO, and nothing more or less.

Mench is what he is........which is OK, but nothing spectacular. (very inconsistent)
Wilkerson could be better....but you actually expect him to get better.

Mench, Wilkerson, GMJ are not bad though, not spectacular, but definately at least average.

What could you get at the trade deadline that would be an improvement?
What could you get out of average guys?

I don't think you could get anything for any of them, nor do I think you could find better replacements w/o mortgaging the future.

Man I wish they wouldn't have missed out on Aubrey Huff though--- that should have been Texas instead of Houston picking up that left handed bat/dh/utility player.

PS: I agree on the Hairston/Guzman line.
Well, if you are in sell mode, I think you underestimate how much GMJ or DeRosa could bring in return. Either one of them could bring a really nice package of prospects if you decide to go that way. With Tori Hunter going down, someone wanting a CF, say the WhiteSox, are probably going to call about GMJ first.

And DeRosa, if he keeps hitting the way he is, would be simply invaluable to a contender, with his ability to play pretty much any of the positions 4-9.

I guess I won't be upset with anything they do at the deadline, but if they're 3 or 4 games out by the deadline, I'd really like to see at least DeRosa moved.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #195
Five-ofan
Guru

For all that dvd and hurley are, we are still very thin in the minors. You generally expect 1 out of every 3 top flight pitching prospects to hit. That means that if we get a very good pitcher and a solid pitcher out of those prospects plus rupe(he has maybe the best stuff in the organization, definitely throws the hardest) we should be thrilled. We have very very little in the way of position prospects who are anywhere near the majors. I love gmj. He has become one of my favorite players but i dont think he is as good as he is playing now though he would be great for a contending team because he can play great D at all of the 3 outfield spots. There arent that many guys who can do that and as mentioned before, derosa can play pretty much anwhere but pitcher or catcher(anyone who can play all those other positions can play 1st too) I dont know what they would bring but in a market where almost everyone is a buyer, i think that you might trade a chance at the playoffs(and a first round destruction) for a much better chance in the future. It depends on the prospects obviously. I mean if you could get cole hamels for gmj you would do that in an instant. Phillip hughes maybe not. IMO it all comes down to how confident the club is about itself. The one thing i absolutely do not want to see is the rangers over pay for someone.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:34 PM   #196
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

If you could get Cole hamels for GMJ you sign the deal and then you call the looney bin and alert them that Pat Gillick is in need of some treatment.

Obviously I agree with your point though.

And I actually should have said Derosa can play positions 3-9, he's actually started at 1B at least once this year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-18-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:39 PM   #197
Five-ofan
Guru

I know( i was dreaming but wouldnt it be nice for the rangers to have one of the phenom pitchers that everyone else seems to have?) I would more than likely trade him for a boof bonser centered package as well though i cant really see that trade happening. Man that reminds me, the aj pierzynski for Liriano, Bonser and Joe nathan has turned into one of the great trade rapings of all time.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #198
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yup. That is just an unreal trade. Made even worse by the fact that they couldn't wait to get rid of A.J. after that season (or mayb the next).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-18-2006, 11:34 PM   #199
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yeah, I'm a Giants fan, and that trade was HORRIBLE.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:00 PM   #200
jleefilled
Platinum Member

I wish the Rangers would surprise me and win a game with Wasdin on the mound. Against the champs, no less.

Last edited by jleefilled; 07-21-2006 at 08:01 PM.