Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #161
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'd think Detroit could get more for Billups.

I wouldn't mind the trade, though.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #162
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Just a FYI,
I am expecting Carlisle to turn the Mavs into Detroit South.

Terry in the Rip role, Kidd in the Billups, JHo in the Prince role, Dirk in the RWallace, and Diop in the Big Ben role.

It just looks too much like that is where the Mavs are heading.
This would work out good if Kidd was Mr.Bigshot or anywhere near that and JET was 4/5 inches taller. Then also if JHO could defend and catch lobs like Prince and Dirk was aggressive on the blocks like Sheed..
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #163
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
This would work out good if Kidd was Mr.Bigshot or anywhere near that and JET was 4/5 inches taller. Then also if JHO could defend and catch lobs like Prince and Dirk was aggressive on the blocks like Sheed..
If they get Artest without giving up JHo, then you have Terry hitting the big shots, Artest playing Prince, and JHo is 4-5 inches taller than Terry at the SG. Kidd on the bench.....(huh)

I think this is where they are trying to get presently.

Of course, I wish they would have tried to be the 80's Celtics instead of the Pistons, but hey......maybe that was impossible to acquire.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 07-17-2008 at 11:16 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #164
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineSt...BA#STORY_10463

Dallas Offered Stackhouse for Artest?

Posted: 7/17/2008 2:57:00 AM
Source: Sacramento Bee

According to a source close to Dallas, the Mavs have offered Brandon Bass and Jerry Stackhouse for the Kings small forward. The chatter was first reported by Hoopsworld here, but I've independently confirmed the pieces in the offer. Stackhouse has a contract that's almost identical to Artest's ($7.4 million, expiring for Artest; $7 million expiring for Stackhouse), and Bass is a young beast of a big man who comes at the bargain price of $826,269 (also expiring). I can't even come close to seeing Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie doing this deal, not unless Josh Howard is involved.

And from what I'm told, that's not going to happen. As the Mavs see it, the perceived risk of taking Artest is acceptable so long as the price of getting him is Bass and Stackhouse. Lose Howard to get Artest, though, and the gamble is too great. As is always the case, though, things could change.

As far as the continuing frontrunners in the Artest sweepstakes, I've been told by a source close to the Lakers that there are no ongoing discussions. The next relevant date remains Friday, when the Lakers' deadline to match Ronny Turiaf's offer sheet passes. It's at that point the Lakers may decide to take on Kenny Thomas to fill Turiaf's old role or quite possibly engage a third team in the deal so as to avoid his contract.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #165
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

if the above happens...i would wet my pants.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:15 PM   #166
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Sacramento is not that dumb. But good initial offer from Dallas, at least we didn't give them 5 1st rounders.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #167
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

azubuike is going to the clippers

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #168
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Good move for LA. most of their cap got used up in the Camby deal so this was a solid move. Azubuike is very underrated, he plays much bigger than he is. With that being said, the Warriors and the Clippers will be hovering around .500 all year IMHO.

Contact Me
Old 07-19-2008, 12:28 PM   #169
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

looks like cj miles is headed to okc

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:06 AM   #170
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Suns make a nice move by signing Matt Barnes to the minimum.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...720barnes.html

Suns near deal with Barnes

25 commentsby Doug Haller - Jul. 20, 2008 09:09 PM
The Arizona Republic

Free-agent forward Matt Barnes is scheduled to arrive in Phoenix Monday, expecting to sign a one-year veteran's minimum deal with the Suns after completing a physical.

Barnes, 28, spent the last two seasons mostly in a reserve role with the Golden State Warriors. He collected a career-best 9.8 points and 4.6 rebounds in 2007. Last year, he averaged 6.7 points and 4.4 rebounds in 19.4 minutes.

General Manager Steve Kerr and coach Terry Porter talked with Barnes by phone last week from Las Vegas, where the Suns were in NBA Summer League action. In his seventh season, Barnes is expected to make $1.2 million, but the Suns will pay only $797,000. The rest will come from a league fund.

Barnes, 6-foot-7 and 226 pounds, also has played for Philadelphia, New York, Sacramento and the Clippers since his college days at UCLA. He has averaged 6.1 points over his career, shooting 32 percent from 3-point range.

Once Barnes signs, the Suns still will need to sign two more players to reach the 13-man roster minimum. Finding a backup for point guard Steve Nash remains a priority. Reports surfaced last week that second-round draft pick Goran Dragic had decided to stay in Europe, but a decision hasn't been made.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:08 AM   #171
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

For the minimum, you can't get mad at that signing if you're Phoenix.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:16 AM   #172
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

wow that is a steal. Barnes is a stud-- Marion light.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:18 AM   #173
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Good signing for the minimum, but Barnes is a scrub, sans his otherworldly performances against the 67-win Mavericks.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:39 AM   #174
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Mark my word, with a PG like Steve Nash, this kid will come into his own as a 7th or 8th man on that team.

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 07-21-2008 at 01:39 AM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:21 AM   #175
alby
Guru

For the vet's min, that is a good pick up. Anything more than that wouldn't be worth it because the guy is a scrub. I wonder how he feels knowing that his ex-teammate, Pietrus, got the full MLE in Orlando lol.

---

Also, Dooling going to the Nets for 3 million a year.

Contact Me
Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 AM   #176
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Boston Nachbar signed with Dynamo Moscow. Primo Bresec signed with a Euro club as well.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #177
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Link

Report: Josh Childress weighing Greek offer

Sporting News staff reports

Free agent forward Josh Childress is weighing a three-year, $20 million offer from Olympiakos, a Greek basketball team, according to an online report.
Yahoo is reporting Childress flew to Greece late on Sunday to visit with Olympiakos officials because he is "so flustered with the Hawks' refusal to make a sign-and-trade deal."

"Unless he just gets there and doesn't like it at all, I think he's going to go," a league source told Yahoo. A source also told the site that there's a "better than 50-50 chance" he'll sign with the Greek team and spurn the NBA.
Only the Grizzlies have more than a mid-level exception available and their lack of activity on the free-agent market makes it clear they will not be spending on Childress or any other significant remaining free agents.
As part of a dynamic, young core for the Hawks, Childress averaged 11.8 points and 4.9 rebounds during the 2007-08 season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #178
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

That is such a stunning move, IMO. Atlanta is just looking so silly in the process.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #179
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

atl sucks
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #180
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Atlanta doesn't seem to be in any hurry to sign Childress or Smith. It doesn't sound like they're interested in a s/t either.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #181
alby
Guru

That's what happens when the ownership is in disarray. Makes you appreciate what we have here...

...with the Dallas Cowboys

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 07-21-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #182
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
Atlanta doesn't seem to be in any hurry to sign Childress or Smith. It doesn't sound like they're interested in a s/t either.
They know they can sit and wait because there are only a very small handful of teams that actually have money. They don't want to set the market higher than what it should be. There are still good names out there that are restricted and waiting to get paid. It sucks for the players, and one of them (Childress) is taking the issue into his own hands. I'm still very surprised by that potential move going to Europe. It'll be a major pie in the face move for ATL.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #183
alby
Guru

The more money that is pumping into the European leagues, more and more quality players will be leaving the NBA for bigger paydays across the pond. This is why Emperor Stern is trying to tap into the market before it is too late. I actually want a few powerful basketball leagues around the world instead of just one; something similar to club soccer where they have league championships, etc. It'll be like having the Olympics every single year.

Contact Me
Old 07-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #184
BGMaverick9
Guru

ATL fans seems pretty ready to face the fact that he'll probably leave and they don't blame him.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #185
BGMaverick9
Guru

per yahoo sports:
LAS VEGAS – Unless the Chicago Bulls can reach an agreement for a contract extension with restricted free agent Luol Deng before he departs to join the Great Britain national team in two weeks, he will end talks and tell management that he plans to leave the organization as a free agent next summer, a source close to Deng told Yahoo! Sports.

It looks like those restricted guys are just flat out tired of waiting.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:27 AM   #186
BGMaverick9
Guru

What happened to Bonzi Wells? Is he going to be a minimum contract player too?
Old 07-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #187
alby
Guru

thanks BG for keeping it in the thread

Contact Me
Old 07-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #188
MavsFanFinley
Guru

No link yet but the Spurs have called a 3 pm news conference to announce the resigning of Kurt Thomas.

Not really a surprise as they said repeatedly they'd like to keep him but the Lakers were showing a strong interest.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #189
alby
Guru

Next big move in the Lone Star State IMO is where Landry is going to end up.

Contact Me
Old 07-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #190
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

With all the players going to Euro teams etc.. Anyone else forsee the Salary cap going up in a cpl years?
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #191
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

PG Marcus Williams to the Warriors....

Report: Nets trade Marcus Williams to Warriors
Posted: July 22, 2008
Sporting News staff reports

New Jersey Nets point guard Marcus Williams is being traded to the Golden State Warriors for a future first-round draft pick, the New York Post reports.

The pick is lottery protected for 2011, according to the newspaper, so the Nets get it if the Warriors reach the playoffs. It is also protected in 2012 and 2013. If the pick is not conveyed by 2013, the Nets get second-round picks in 2013 and 2015.

Williams was the backup to Devin Harris, and his status with the team became tenuous after the team began courting Keyon Dooling. Williams said earlier that he would fight for minutes if Dooling joined the Nets.

The Nets acquired Dooling from the Orlando Magic in a sign-and-trade deal Monday. In exchange for Dooling, the Nets gave the Magic cash and the trade exception they received when they sent Jason Kidd to the Dallas Mavericks.

Williams' development with the Nets was hindered last season when he suffered a broken foot shortly before training camp. He played in 53 games for the Nets last season, starting only seven.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #192
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Wow I think this is Huge. Williams is a big guard and I think can play well alongside Ellis. With injuries he hasnt really had the chance to show what he can do, but we have seen flashes. Always been a fan of the guy and I think the Warriors just made a great move.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #193
alby
Guru

Devin Harris is probably breathing a sigh of relief because he was losing tons of minutes to Marcus at the end of last year.

Contact Me
Old 07-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #194
MavsFanFinley
Guru

A solid move by Golden State. Very nice move for them.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #195
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Damnit, horse!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #196
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
per yahoo sports:
LAS VEGAS – Unless the Chicago Bulls can reach an agreement for a contract extension with restricted free agent Luol Deng before he departs to join the Great Britain national team in two weeks, he will end talks and tell management that he plans to leave the organization as a free agent next summer, a source close to Deng told Yahoo! Sports.

It looks like those restricted guys are just flat out tired of waiting.
I think its about time for Del Harris to convince the Bulls FO to trade Deng to the Mavs for Stack, Eddie Jones and and a first round pick in the 2020 draft. That sounds about as fair as the Gasol trade. Deng is such a troublemaker... he should be traded to Dallas immediately!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #197
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Warriors make another nice signing. This time in the form or Maurice Evans. 3 years/ $6.4 million deal. They obviously are letting the Clippers keep Azubuike.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_9969946

Report: Warriors sign forward Maurice Evans to three-year deal

Bay Area News Group
Article Launched: 07/23/2008 07:25:45 AM PDT

On the heels of adding point guard Marcus Williams, the Warriors are now reportedly adding free agent forward Maurice Evans, who played for both the Lakers and Magic last season.

The Warriors have signed Evans to a three-year, $6.4 million deal, according to the Riverside Press-Enterprise. By adding Evans, it means the Warriors would not match the three-year, $9 million contract restricted free agent Kelenna Azubuike signed with the Los Angeles Clippers last week. The Warriors had until Friday to match Azubuike's deal, but Evans represents a cheaper - and perhaps better - alternative.

In Evans, the Warriors are getting an athletic swingman who's known as a solid defender and good three-point shooter (39 percent last season). The 6-foot-5 Evans averaged 9.3 points in 68 games for Orlando last season. He came to Orlando with Brian Cook in a November trade with the Los Angeles Lakers that sent Trevor Ariza to Southern California.

Evans, 29, has played five seasons in the NBA, including stops in Detroit and Sacramento.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:03 PM   #198
alby
Guru

They have a lot of athletes on that team. But who plays the three? Maggette or SJax? If they are both starting, who plays the one?

So this is what I came up with:

Monta/Marcus/Marco
Maggette/Evans/CJ
Jackson/Randolph
Harrington/Randolph/Wright
Biedrins/Turiaf

Is this pretty close?

IMO, I think they have to move either Jackson or Harrington for a quality big man.
a) to produce now because they are seriously lacking in muscle
b) more importantly, to help develop Randolph/Wright/Biedrins

Contact Me
Old 07-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #199
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Harrington made some noises about wanting to be traded as he wasn't happy with his role last year. We'll see if the Warriors do so or not. I think he can play some center too if they fail to trade him. Otherwise, I think your depth chart looks about right.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #200
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Utah and Clippers make a small deal. Seems fair for both sides.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...brevin_knight/

Utah Acquires Brevin Knight

Jul 23, 2008 6:03 PM EST

The Utah Jazz announced today that the team has acquired veteran point guard Brevin Knight from the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for guard Jason Hart. Originally selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the first round (16th overall pick) of the 1997 NBA Draft, Knight (5-10, 170, Stanford) has appeared in 655 career regular season games (423 starts) over 11 NBA seasons with Cleveland, Atlanta, Memphis, Phoenix, Washington, Milwaukee, Charlotte and the Clippers, owning career averages of 7.9 points, 6.6 assists, 2.6 rebounds and 1.77 steals per game. He appeared in 74 games (39 starts) this past season with the Clippers, averaging 4.6 points, 4.4 assists and 1.35 steals in 22.6 minutes. Knight ranked second in the NBA in assists-per-turnover (4.62), and third in steals per turnover (2.87).