Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #161
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
I didn't watch the game...but I looked at the box score.

You do know he had 3 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals...right?
Yes I know that but If Im correct that was the first time in the Olympics he has had any assists, in the games before that he had zero points and zero assists. If he is our franchise savior he better be putting up better stats than that. Im sorry I can't rejoice with the rest of you guys because Kidd finally got on the boxscore.

Last edited by LSMF; 08-13-2008 at 09:54 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #162
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
Yes I know that but If Im correct that was the first time in the Olympics he has had any assists, in the games before that he had zero points and zero assists. If he is our franchise savior he better be putting up better stats than that. Im sorry I can't rejoice with the rest of you guys because Kidd finally got on the boxscore.
Because Olympic stats = NBA stats...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #163
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Because Olympic stats = NBA stats...

It doesn't matter if they are not the same stats, the bottom line is that if he is as good as people say he is he should be doing better than how he is doing now. Its as simple as that, most of the other top players for their team that are in the olympics (Dirk, Kaman, Yao, Pau, Kobe, Lebron) are all doing well. I don't expect him to have 20 and 10 or even big numbers, but I don't want to look at the boxscore and see 0 pts and 0 assists. Just think about what Im saying for a second Underdog.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 PM   #164
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the actual Olympics, you really can't complain too much. See below.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if they are not the same stats, the bottom line is that if he is as good as people say he is he should be doing better than how he is doing now. Its as simple as that, most of the other top players for their team that are in the olympics (Dirk, Kaman, Yao, Pau, Kobe, Lebron) are all doing well. I don't expect him to have 20 and 10 or even big numbers, but I don't want to look at the boxscore and see 0 pts and 0 assists. Just think about what Im saying for a second Underdog.
Dirk only really has Kaman, that's about it. China: Yao has Yi and maybe Sun Yue. Pau has a loaded roster, and the USA obviously has one. All of the big guys mentioned are doing what they should based on what they have (carrying or holding down the fort), some more than others. The point is, Kidd has a lot around him...not everyone is going to shine in every single game in his situation.

I can see what you're saying about Game 1 vs China for Kidd, to an extent, but I don't see an argument for Angola. He did what you wanted, he passed, rebounded and played defense. He did as well in China, minus the assists. Even then, he had passes that lead to opportunities.

It sounds like Kidd is in a can't win situation for you. He produced vs Angola and you haven't given him any credit for it and for China it was an underlying role and you were ready to dog him.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 08-13-2008 at 11:08 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #165
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

offtopic but is anyone watching the australia vs washington generals game?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:27 AM   #166
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Anybody watched the Greece game this morning? I watched the 2nd quarter and had to go to work. Bosh was very good but Howard wasn't. Wade again played well.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:28 AM   #167
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
offtopic but is anyone watching the australia vs washington generals game?
Is that a real game???

(my sports pants just popped!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 AM   #168
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

13 of 23 at the line today?

Why can't these guys hit their damn free throws?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #169
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
13 of 23 at the line today?

Why can't these guys hit their damn free throws?
Because they're winning by 20?
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #170
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
thats no excuse...
Old 08-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #171
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why does winning by 20 matter? It isn't like they shot all 23 free throws when they were up by 20? The missed them throughout the game. Beginning, middle, and end.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #172
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit
Spain > US streetballers

Can't wait for saturday's clash...
Your thoughts on the "clash" ?
Old 08-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #173
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
Why does winning by 20 matter? It isn't like they shot all 23 free throws when they were up by 20? The missed them throughout the game. Beginning, middle, and end.
Several of those free thows came from the big men. You can't expect Bosh and Howard to nail every free throw. Plus, winning by double-digits does make you lax on your free throw concentration. Don't know why you're complaining about it. You think they can't be clutch free thrower down the stretch?

Last edited by Caseman; 08-16-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #174
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Is that a real game???

(my sports pants just popped!)
sorry I mispelled Iran there.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:41 PM   #175
Caseman
Golden Member

Kind of boring. Same story every game so far. Competitive 1st quarter. USA pulls away in 2nd and 3rd. And then the spares spare it up in 4th. They should make it interesting, like only throwing alley-oops 40 minutes straight.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #176
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Man...I'm starting to like Kobe... Damn Straight.....

Quote:
Here’s the transcript:

Collinsworth: Tell the story when you first got your USA uniform.

Kobe: Well I had goosebumps and I actually just looked at it for awhile. I just held it there and I laid it across my bed and I just stared at it for a few minutes; just because as a kid growing up this is the ultimate, ultimate in basketball.

Collinsworth: Where does the patriotism come from inside of you? Historically, what is it?

Kobe: Well, you know it’s just our country, it’s... we believe is the greatest country in the world. It has given us so many great opportunities, and it’s just a sense of pride that you have; that you say "You know what? Our country is the best!"

Collinsworth: Is that a ‘cool’ thing to say, in this day and age? That you love your country, and that you’re fighting for the red, white and blue? It seems sort of like a day gone by(?)

Kobe: No, it’s a cool thing for me to say. I feel great about it, and I’m not ashamed to say it. I mean, this is a tremendous honor.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 08-17-2008 at 09:30 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:31 AM   #177
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Man...I'm starting to like Kobe... Damn Straight.....
That interview was on NBC and you don't know how corny it sounded. They had the patriotic music rolling and Kobe'es eyes glittering in the projected lighting. SO scripted. I'm sure Boozer loves America, why not interview him?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #178
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That interview was on NBC and you don't know how corny it sounded. They had the patriotic music rolling and Kobe'es eyes glittering in the projected lighting. SO scripted. I'm sure Boozer loves America, why not interview him?
Don't be a hater... oh wait, it's Kobe. Go ahead and hate.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #179
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Probably because boozer isn't the mvp, also isn't the guy who gets the most jersey sales. I don't know, something like that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #180
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't KG say the exact same thing about his Celtics jersey?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #181
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

KG is an overly emotional dude.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #182
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Collinsworth: Is that a ‘cool’ thing to say, in this day and age? That you love your country, and that you’re fighting for the red, white and blue? It seems sort of like a day gone by(?)
What an idiotic question. What the heck is Collinsworth trying to bait him into saying here?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #183
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quarter Finals: USA vs Australia

Wednesday, 7:00 am Central.

These guys gave us some trouble before the Olympics started right?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #184
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

And just to be sure I'm reading this schedule correctly....the Gold Medal game will be (central time) at 1:30 am, Saturday night/Sunday morning...is that right? That seems odd, since all the games have been in the mornings here.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #185
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quarter Finals: USA vs Australia

Wednesday, 7:00 am Central.

These guys gave us some trouble before the Olympics started right?
Yeah, it was a strongly contested game...but that is probably advantageous for Team USA. They have them on tape against themselves and have the chance to figure out what they did wrong and correct it.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #186
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And just to be sure I'm reading this schedule correctly....the Gold Medal game will be (central time) at 1:30 am, Saturday night/Sunday morning...is that right? That seems odd, since all the games have been in the mornings here.
Perfect. This will enrich my breakfast. But my experience with german commi-TV is, they will broadcast synchron-swimming or sack-race...
Old 08-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #187
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

The Aussies have a quick guard in Pat Mills, he goes to college in the Oakland area. A Tony Parker type, if he's on, it'll be a close game, I think we have to force the ball out of his hands. From Kidd to Paul to Williams must deny and once he gets it, don't let him blow by you, he will draw fouls on our bigs.

As for the times of the games. US and China were usually slated for an 8pm and 10:15pm Beijing time start. For the gold medal game, it will be at 2:30, I guess they had to bump it up, with the closing ceremonies slated for later that evening. NBC can buyout the IOC to move some events to prime time, but I guess the IOC was set on closing out the games on Sunday night...Beijing time.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #188
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

he makes paul look slow.

Contact Me
Old 08-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #189
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Aussies have a quick guard in Pat Mills, he goes to college in the Oakland area. A Tony Parker type, if he's on, it'll be a close game, I think we have to force the ball out of his hands. From Kidd to Paul to Williams must deny and once he gets it, don't let him blow by you, he will draw fouls on our bigs.
I doubt a freshman from St. Mary's is going to be much of a factor in a medal round game.

Last edited by dirno2000; 08-18-2008 at 05:06 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #190
Caseman
Golden Member

Greece was suppose to have excellent guards.

Man-handled.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #191
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

The only way we will lose is if they wear similar uniforms to their women's team:

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #192
alby
Guru

deron>mills>paul>kidd

Contact Me
Old 08-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #193
alby
Guru

1. Mills schooled Paul for two and1s
2. Coach K benches Paul and puts the ball in Deron's hands to run PG. USA goes on a 16-0 run and blows out Australia.
3. Kobe finally looked like he knew how to shoot a basketball

4. Did anyone watch the Argentina/Greece game?? oh man.

Contact Me
Old 08-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #194
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
4. Did anyone watch the Argentina/Greece game?? oh man.
Yes. I was rooting for Argentina, but when it came down to that last shot, I wish it went in.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #195
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ok then...it's Flopobili, Scola, Oberto and DelFino.

Let's get it on.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #196
BGMaverick9
Guru

That was a pretty fun ending for the Argentina/Greece game. Manu is still a major impact player. That's going to be a fun game but I don't know if Argentina will have the power/energy to keep up with Team USA.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #197
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2. Coach K benches Paul and puts the ball in Deron's hands to run PG. USA goes on a 16-0 run and blows out Australia.
Not true. Deron came in with about 2:30 left in the half and the U.S. up by 8. He hit the three at the buzzer to put them up 12 but by the time he and Paul got in the game in the 2nd half the lead was 20+.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #198
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

One of the things I loved about the Spain game was Kobe basically taking a foul by laying a shoulder into Gasol first 5 minutes of the game, that basically shook Gasol and took him out of the game. I think the same needs to be done against Argentina, get under their skin, because they play with an edge and if you shave it close enough....
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #199
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
One of the things I loved about the Spain game was Kobe basically taking a foul by laying a shoulder into Gasol first 5 minutes of the game, that basically shook Gasol and took him out of the game. I think the same needs to be done against Argentina, get under their skin, because they play with an edge and if you shave it close enough....
I remember that, Collins made a point of it as well. I'm sure that'll bring some laughs during Lakers training camp...but by then, I really won't care too much anymore about Kobe or Gasol.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #200
alby
Guru

When you play Argentina and try to get under their skin, I would put my money on Nocioni winning that battle everytime. He is an expert antogonist.

Contact Me