Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #161
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Terry actually got a nice shot off. Nothing to blame there.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #162
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
wa09utj09euit90uew09i0-9mb ............... why wasn't that in Dirks hands?!?!?!?!?!?
Terry would have gotten (and did get) a better look. Put it in Dirk's hands and he'll be doubled and forced into a desperate shot. Anyway, Dirk was not good for much of the fourth quarter.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #163
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

This is offical, worst looking mav's team in the last 10 years. I'd still bet money on this thing righting itself, BUT the entire org. isn't in the right place. There are problems here, owner to the players. We have to do something, which needs to make these guys wake up.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #164
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Sheez

Last edited by muzak; 11-14-2008 at 11:09 PM.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:11 PM   #165
TXS

TXS is on a distinguished road

too old, too slow, no heart......
Old 11-14-2008, 11:11 PM   #166
TXS

...and I can't not watch ( I love this team)....gonna be a real REAL long season :-(
Old 11-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #167
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

there was plenty of heart... just not enough decision making and shot-making down the stretch.

i can't blame carlisle for the calling terry's numer on the last shot. however, carlisle did have many other bone-headed decisions in this game.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #168
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there was plenty of heart... just not enough decision making and shot-making down the stretch.

i can't blame carlisle for the calling terry's numer on the last shot. however, carlisle did have many other bone-headed decisions in this game.
Dare I say it was a mo... mo... mor... moral...

Nope can't bring myself to it.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #169
TXS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
there was plenty of heart...
????

We must have watched different games. They had heart the 1st half, but as soon as the lead starting dwindling they all lost it....
Old 11-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #170
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I dunno what to think here. Howard, Terry, Kidd, and Nowitzki all had good games, but not great games. Terry/Howard/Nowitzki left a few points on the scoreboard in my opinion with makeable shots. the perimeter shooting wasn't great.

Way too many turnovers, way too many second chance points yielded.

I just don't know what to say. It seems this team is incapable of putting together 48 minutes of solid basketball. THREE straight games with double digit leads blown? 15 point lead blown @ HOME, when you need a win BADLY, with 19 minutes left? What the hell? On a team with a lot of veterans? Young teams are supposed to be like that, not us.

I just dunno what to say, I can't question the heart or effort tonight because I felt it was there... it's just, we didn't make enough shots lol.

I feel bad for the players for having tried tonight and came up short yet again. Different night, same story. The psyche of this team is probably terrible right now, wouldn't wanna be in that locker room as someone before me noted.

Oh wellllll, onto the Knicks.

Last edited by ghazi; 11-14-2008 at 11:18 PM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #171
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

no moral victory. no way. no more moral victories at this point.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #172
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I need some hope...or maybe some change.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:20 PM   #173
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

i thought they gave 100% effort. they were stupid and missed easy shots, but they gave effort. I thought that's what you meant by heart.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:21 PM   #174
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here's hope for you. The Mavs are competing with the Thunder for the number 1 pick!

Yeah baby!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #175
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I don't think these losses have had anything to do w/ age either... we're not getting run out of the gym or anything. Did the Magic beat us tonight because of their youth and athleticism? I wouldn't say so.

However, we do seem to have a problem keeping our man in front of us... way too many FT's yielded tonight. *sigh* I dunno.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #176
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Here's hope for you. The Mavs are competing with the Thunder for the number 1 pick!

Yeah baby!
I thought the Mavs gave up this year's lotto pick in the Kidd trade?
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:25 PM   #177
Bayliss

Quote:
I thought the Mavs gave up this year's lotto pick in the Kidd trade?
Nope. Next year's.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:26 PM   #178
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post

Yeah baby!
Ricky Rubio in '09!

Yes we can!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #179
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post

I feel bad for the players for having tried tonight and came up short yet again. Different night, same story. The psyche of this team is probably terrible right now, wouldn't wanna be in that locker room as someone before me noted.
I picture Stack giving that Al Pacino locker room speech....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

We can fight our way back, into the light, we can climb out of hell one inch at a time.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #180
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Old 11-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #181
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

This was a moral defeat. Ah, and a real defeat too.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:44 PM   #182
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

here's some hope for you all --> they took an 8 point lead into the fourth quarter at home, they hustled, they played really hard, they had some breaks go there way....

....and they lost.

they just suck.

there is no hope....nevermind.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:45 PM   #183
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

There was no victory in any possible way, except maybe for J-Ho's trade value.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:45 PM   #184
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
+Imaginary rep
Old 11-15-2008, 12:06 AM   #185
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Good god...dammit...it's getting frustrating. the mavs DON"T jack up threes in the fourth but they still can't score and let the other team score 30 to lose a game they had in hand. But if I see Jason Terry take 9 shots again in the fourth and 23 total I think I'm going to find a dark alley and throttle carlisle.

He's jacking up everything he touches...it's like having Antoine Walker out there for gods sake. They get a stop...throw the ball out and he takes a 1-4 20 footer. CRAP....that's completely insane way to play the fourth...you can't just jack the ball up like that without trying to get something better. 0 fta's...ARGGGGGGGG....

His defense is so bad it's almost comical now. He just follows his guy around even when the dude doesn't seem to have a pick set for him.

Anthony JOHNSON was going past him.

As knuckleheaded as josh can be carlisle better start getting him more shots in the fourth..as he's the only player on this team that is willing to mix it up in there.

If the ending five is going to be jkiddo, dirk, jet, josh, damp...and dirk/jet are going to get all the shots...we are screwed because the dirkster just is NOT right with ball.

ARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!

Carlisle confused me rotation wise tonight as dampier should have been back in there in the fourth instead of diop and I wanted to see someone tossed in for defensive purposes for jet...but he was too busy letting jet jack up everything he touched.

ARRRRGGGGGGGG!!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #186
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So eric dampier gets into howards grill some and shoves him when he's trying to showboat a dunk and he never sees the court again!!

Now carlisle has been talking about needing an "a**hole", erick gives him one the last few games and he sits him down? I don't get it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-15-2008, 12:56 AM   #187
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
So eric dampier gets into howards grill some and shoves him when he's trying to showboat a dunk and he never sees the court again!!
I missed the game.. that really happened?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #188
dude1394
Guru

They had been jawing pretty good at each other. Dwight Howard gets the ball on the left baseline and bass fouls him. Instead of stopping he decides he's going to take it in and slam it...damp said none of that and gave him a shove as he tried. Damp got a tech....Dwight got snippy about it.

Then carlisle took damp out to never be seen again. I didn't understand that at all.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:34 AM   #189
ghazi
Platinum Member

a note on Terry/Howard. transition jump shots annoy the hell out of me. Yeah they go in sometimes, and I don't mind it then ... bt my God just drive to the basket... draw a foul, make a layup... transition jumpshots are so annoying.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:50 AM   #190
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

Is cuban even paying attention??????
Seriously what is it going to take to make some trades and shake this team up.
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #191
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
They had been jawing pretty good at each other. Dwight Howard gets the ball on the left baseline and bass fouls him. Instead of stopping he decides he's going to take it in and slam it...damp said none of that and gave him a shove as he tried. Damp got a tech....Dwight got snippy about it.

Then carlisle took damp out to never be seen again. I didn't understand that at all.
I just finished watching the game this morning, and this was the first thing I wanted to talk about. Damp is a +7 on the night, Diop is a -9. Howard is the PERFECT player for Damp to play against. He fought him, he muscled him, he cracked him a few times, and he clearly bothere Howard.

And yet Diop plays down the stretch. I don't get it. Not at all.

Jason Terry leading the team in shots is ridiculous. Watching Terry try to play backup PG right now is just painful.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #192
dude1394
Guru

Then WHY didn't he play in the fourth rick??? Do you need a coach to remind you of who's been playing well? Assign it to someone.

Quote:
DALLAS — Erick Dampier was unable to register his third consecutive double-double Friday night, but he still had an impact.

Dampier was the Mavericks’ best player in losses to the Lakers and Bulls. He had 11 points and 16 rebounds against the Lakers and 16 points and 18 rebounds vs. the Bulls.

He had more of a Dampier-like game Friday with four points and nine rebounds in the 102-100 loss to the Magic. But he spent most of his time guarding Orlando’s dynamic 22-year-old center Dwight Howard and Dampier was effective.

Howard had 30 points, 19 rebounds and 10 blocked shots in his previous game in Orlando’s 109-92 victory over Oklahoma City, but had only 18 points, 13 rebounds and two blocks against Dampier.

"He’s been tremendous," Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said of Dampier. "He’s been a warrior. He’s been a big part of our stretches of high-level play."

—Jan Hubbard
Old 11-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #193
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

You can´t control what the coach do...

Tags
gdt 08/09