Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #161
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default HAAAAHAAAAHAAA - I'M SO CLEVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Just look at him go. Once again, talk basketball ONLY. Can you do that? I doubt it, but I guarantee you can find a funny picture to post. It is just sad.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #162
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Nobody is forcing you to post here.

And if they are, please kick them in the shin for me!
Mary,
You know good and well, that this board is run over with the silly crew who just bash and post silly pictures and talk about everyone. I am stating a fact that you know. I talk basketball, until attacked, then I attack back. Nothing has changed, except the fact that too many people like the attackers post on a daily basis. I have asked many times to just post about basketball. There are other thread forums on here for that silly mess.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #163
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
For the record: It is sad that this board is abused by a select few idiots who have no knowledge of basketball other than Dirk is GOD. Too many tech geeks trying to pose as basketball fans. Sad, sad. I hate it for DJ, who has worked so hard to get this going while the silly bunch tear it up with playing and laughter like a bunch of pansies.
Ah, we are all idiots and you are the one with the best knowledge. Sorry, but I don't buy that. Ok, you never acclaimed to be the truth, but after reading your post it seems like this. I have never said Dirk is the one and only GOD. I never wrote that Avery was totally shit as coach. Show me were I did that word-by-word. I just stated to be happy that we got rid of a total control freak and egomaniac who got outcoached by GSW as well as by NOH. Yes, he lead us to the Finals and to 67-win season, true. But I personally think he should have been fired after the GSW collapse.

I know, Carlisle was well known as a control freak as well in the past, but I am sure that AJ would never have let Kidd run the show almost on his own. Of course, only the future can tell the outcome of Carlisle's decision, but he proved that he is willing to make changes in a way Aj never did (at least I never recognized).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 02-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #164
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
There it is folks. Mr.Funnyman! Instead of talking basketball he once again finds a silly picture to post. And he wonders why alot of his posts are deleted.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #165
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know good and well, that this board is run over with the silly crew who just bash and post silly pictures and talk about everyone. I am stating a fact that you know. I talk basketball, until attacked, then I attack back. Nothing has changed, except the fact that too many people like the attackers post on a daily basis. I have asked many times to just post about basketball. There are other thread forums on here for that silly mess.
BASKETBALL 501:

blah-blah-blah Carlisle sucks...
blah-blah-blah Avery is the cat's meow...
blah-blah-blah Dirk is soft...
blah-blah-blah JET is a GOD...
blah-blah-blah Kidd is washed-up...

Yeah, we've heard your basketball "opinions" - all 5 of them... Do you have any new ones?

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #166
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mary,
Save it.

You've attacked people numerous times (including myself) in the past for simply calling out your opinions. You're always willing to get personal.

Quite frankly, your pretty lucky to still be here.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 02-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #167
Underdog

Quote:
There it is folks. Mr.Funnyman! Instead of talking basketball he once again finds a silly picture to post. And he wonders why alot of his posts are deleted.
I know - I'm a f*cking genius...

Let's waste another page in this thread, shall we?

Throw another half-literate response at me - this is the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #168
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fluid you that same dude with over 10K posts about nothing in little over 2 years. With your 10k posts in that short time, tells us everything we need to know about you. Go jump off a bridge and kill yourself right now.
wishing death upon another poster has to be against the rules...
Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #169
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Ah, we are all idiots and you are the one with the best knowledge. Sorry, but I don't buy that. Ok, you never acclaimed to be the truth, but after reading your post it seems like this. I have never said Dirk is the one and only GOD. I never wrote that Avery was totally shit as coach. Show me were I did that word-by-word. I just stated to be happy that we got rid of a total control freak and egomaniac who got outcoached by GSW as well as by NOH. Yes, he lead us to the Finals and to 67-win season, true. But I personally think he should have been fired after the GSW collapse.

I know, Carlisle was well known as a control freak as well in the past, but I am sure that AJ would never have let Kidd run the show almost on his own. Of course, only the future can tell the outcome of Carlisle's decision, but he proved that he is willing to make changes in a way Aj never did (at least I never recognized).
I guess you call yourself an idiot, then so no reason for me to respond. All the idiots know who they are, and it is just a select few. Same bunch everyday that do the same thing to every other poster that they dont agree with.

Good try at trying to play the victim, but it wont work. I like how you named some of the good things about the Mavs team under Avery, but quickly dismissed him the next sentence by calling for his firing after the Golden State series.

To top it off you want discount Carlisle past like it never happened, while reading how he talked about giving over the team to Kidd from the start, and get the job and do the exact opposite. My, my!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #170
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sad, sad! Perfect example right there. Not an ounce of thought about basketball. Talk basketball or else shut the hell up, and I am not trying to be funny.
Your post that he was responding to had nothing to do with basketball either... same with the one I just quoted.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 02-02-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #171
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the record: It is sad that this board is abused by a select few idiots who have no knowledge of basketball other than Dirk is GOD. Too many tech geeks trying to pose as basketball fans. Sad, sad. I hate it for DJ, who has worked so hard to get this going while the silly bunch tear it up with playing and laughter like a bunch of pansies.

I think a lot of the people on this board have great bball knowledge!

Isn't it pointless to call everyone tech geeks or silly, what's the point? It makes you look pretty ridiculous. If I hated something so much I would feel like a dumbass if I kept coming back to it. Example, if I went to an old friends house and some of his friends there picked on me for saying stupid stuff and I didn't understand why, I would eventually stop going over there.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
Old 02-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #172
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

So...that Jason Kidd....calling the shots for the Mavericks on offense....

How about that?

I bet Avery never would have let him do that.

(see what I did there?)
Old 02-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #173
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
So...that Jason Kidd....calling the shots for the Mavericks on offense....

How about that?

I bet Avery never would have let him do that.

(see what I did there?)
Post #144

(some of us were actually trying to get this thread back on track before it got derailed again...)

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #174
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Save it.

You've attacked people numerous times (including myself) in the past for simply calling out your opinions. You're always willing to get personal.

Quite frankly, your pretty lucky to still be here.
Quite frankly, I am not lucky to be here. I have just as much right as you or any other. Please dont talk about attacks, because I can go there with you as well. The problem is that with you now, is that you want to overlook the real attacks and just focus on when I attack back. You cant find many attack posts from me that I provoked. I am very quick to attack back, and that is just how it is going to be. The one time I attacked you first, I sent you several PM to tell you that I was sorry for it. Other than that, you can follow any thread to see the trend. If I have a different opinion and post it, then the goon squad will attack and start the name-calling and idiot jokes. You see it. You are not blind, but I will say you have turned a blind eye on it when it comes to me. IMO
Old 02-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #175
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #176
fluid.forty.one

silkxpert, would you say you're being "oppressed"?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #177
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I think a lot of the people on this board have great bball knowledge!

Isn't it pointless to call everyone tech geeks or silly, what's the point? It makes you look pretty ridiculous. If I hated something so much I would feel like a dumbass if I kept coming back to it. Example, if I went to an old friends house and some of his friends there picked on me for saying stupid stuff and I didn't understand why, I would eventually stop going over there.
Learn to read Mr.Writer guy. You know what the point was and I did not call EVERYONE a tech geek. Problem is with a select few who just so happens to be the main ones posting 1K messages on a daily basis. Overall, it is a very low percent that does it, but a high percent of the ones who are the thread police on every topic. Yes, you are one of them, and you just got here. Sad, and you claimed to be a writer at first, but now claim to not be one.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #178
fluid.forty.one

best tags ever
Old 02-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #179
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Double edged sword here. If I said anything remotely, I would be accused of race baiting. Yet, you will be hailed as a champion warrior to the cause. Not a single post other than mine will say something about that post.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #180
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quite frankly, I am lucky to be here. Posting here is not a right, it is a privilege. Please don't talk about my attacks, I don't like to be held accountable for them. I rather sign up under a different username and pretend like I'm completely innocent of any wrong doing. The problem is that I offer the board nothing in terms of insight, entertaintment, or inside information. You cant find many posts from me that aren't full of nonsensical crap. I am very quick to attack and threaten people because the internet gives me a false sense of anonymity, and that is just how it is going to be. The one time I attacked you first,well, lets be honest, there were numerous times I attacked you first, including the time I tried to get you banned. Other than that, you can follow any thread to see the trend, I've got nothing. If I have a different opinion and post it, then please do so, but I refuse to consider anyone's opinion besides my own.. You see it. You are not blind, but I sure do appear to be. IMO
Fixed?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #181
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Fixed?
Yep, you fixed it exactly the way you should have NOT while being a moderator. Sad, sad, so fix this one too, so you can get some more laughs and rep points.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #182
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
best tags ever
Hey! You are right. Those are some good ones. Did you get your two in? Hurry up because space is limited. Which ones were yours?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #183
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Yep, you fixed it exactly the way you should have NOT while being a moderator. Sad, sad, so fix this one too, so you can get some more laughs and rep points.
don't forget 'high fives'
Old 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #184
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

If you look at the situation closely, you'll see that Carlisle is actually very similar to Avery.

Since Carlisle has given Kidd the ability to call the shots, all he has to do now is sit back and cash Cuban's checks.

See, they are very similar.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 02-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #185
mary
Troll Hunter

I think the front office made a mistake last off season in blaming all of the Mavs problems on Avery. That is pretty clear.

But I don't think GM's around the league have a high opinion of him. I really don't.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #186
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
If you look at the situation closely, you'll see that Carlisle is actually very similar to Avery.

Since Carlisle has given Kidd the ability to call the shots, all he has to do now is sit back and cash Cuban's checks.

See, they are very similar.
Thats right, because we all know that Avery did nothing while he was here. It was Del who ran the team when Donnie left. Poor ole Cuban had it bad giving Avery all those hand-outs while Avery destroyed the team, and left bits and pieces for ole Carlisle, the king of kings, and the lord or lords. Good thing Carlisle has such a proven track record of taking lesser talented teams to the promise land.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #187
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I think the front office made a mistake last off season in blaming all of the Mavs problems on Avery. That is pretty clear.

But I don't think GM's around the league have a high opinion of him. I really don't.
Yep, the GM's think so lowly of him that he is turning away coaching jobs left and right. All while Cuban is footing the bill. Sounds familar? Yes, it does. Ole Mr.Nellie did it as well, and sued Cuban.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 02-02-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #188
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Definitely was made the scapegoat (by me as well).

But it's his own fault he's no longer here. He changed, it's documented everywhere. He wore out his welcome. End of story.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #189
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Learn to read Mr.Writer guy. You know what the point was and I did not call EVERYONE a tech geek. Problem is with a select few who just so happens to be the main ones posting 1K messages on a daily basis. Overall, it is a very low percent that does it, but a high percent of the ones who are the thread police on every topic. Yes, you are one of them, and you just got here. Sad, and you claimed to be a writer at first, but now claim to not be one.

No sir, I never ever said I was a writer. You have made an error! You are thinking of someone else.

I am thread police? I'm not sure exactly what that means.

So your major problem is with the amount of times people post on a daily basis here?? Idk man, I can't follow what is going on from one minute to the next with you. Seems like all these people annoyed with your tactics and arguing with you seem to be the "regulars" and everyone that agrees with you are never here, or non existent.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #190
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thats right, because we all know that Avery did nothing while he was here. It was Del who ran the team when Donnie left. Poor ole Cuban had it bad giving Avery all those hand-outs while Avery destroyed the team, and left bits and pieces for ole Carlisle, the king of kings, and the lord or lords. Good thing Carlisle has such a proven track record of taking lesser talented teams to the promise land.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I'm strictly referring to the now. Both Carlisle and Avery are cashing Cuban's checks at the moment.

I was also trying to bring the thread back on topic. Carlisle is cashing checks because he let Kidd...

...ahh nevermind, it's not as fun when you have to explain it.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 02-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #191
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep, the GM's think so lowly of him that he is turning away coaching jobs left and right.
Or one....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #192
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone is exalting Carlisle, necessarily. Wasn't the original point merely that Avery would probably not have ever let Kidd call the vast majority of the plays, where as Carlisle's done it after 46 games?

Now, you could argue that the little general didn't even have 46 games with Kidd...but I still don't think Avery would have ever given up that much control. That's conjecture, but it's all we have.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #193
Underdog

How did Avery get dragged into this thread anyway??? (please don't answer that!)

Carlisle handing Kidd the reins is obviously a sign of mutual trust/respect - something that was never built between Kidd & Avery and was no doubt at least a small reason why the Little General was eventually sent packing...

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #194
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Yep, the GM's think so lowly of him that he is turning away coaching jobs left and right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Or one....
It attacked him from both sides.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #195
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
It attacked him from both sides.
Excellent use of the multi-quote!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #196
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I don't think anyone is exalting Carlisle, necessarily. Wasn't the original point merely that Avery would probably not have ever let Kidd call the vast majority of the plays, where as Carlisle's done it after 46 games?

Now, you could argue that the little general didn't even have 46 games with Kidd...but I still don't think Avery would have ever given up that much control. That's conjecture, but it's all we have.
Now that was a great post about the thread. I will counter and say that I think that once Avery got Kidd for the off-season he would have given the reins to Kidd like he did for Harris at the beginning of that one year. I would not say that Avery would never change. I think we live and learn from past mistakes, and I think the firing could have been a blessing in disguise for Avery. I think it has given him time to be more humble, I hope.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #197
Underdog

Quote:
I will counter and say that I think that once Avery got Kidd for the off-season he would have given the reins to Kidd like he did for Harris at the beginning of that one year.
Jason Kidd didn't seem to think so - neither did Donnie or Cuban...

Old 02-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #198
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Yep, the GM's think so lowly of him that he is turning away coaching jobs left and right. All while Cuban is footing the bill. Sounds familar? Yes, it does. Ole Mr.Nellie did it as well, and sued Cuban.

Who else besides Memphis offered him a job?

How many teams even granted him an interview during the offseason?

One?

Old 02-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #199
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Who else besides Memphis offered him a job?

How many teams even granted him an interview during the offseason?

One?
Do you know how many gave him an interview? Or do you just count the ones from certain writers? Clearly, Avery said he had many opportunies and he declined them. I have no reason to doubt a man of GOD who said that.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #200
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This made me LOL

Tags
<3 terry/avery b/c black, 501, about about about, b/ckiddirk&carlislerwhite, because silk says so, break the bank, carlisle = avery, classic threads, creditxpert2003, he got hurt, homosexuals are gay, i call this tag spam, i rest my case, kidd is hot, race baiting, shut the hell up..., silk = horses brother?, silk the inside info man, silkxpertbasketballguru, trade jho