Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #161
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Chandler is gonna make a lot of posts look stupid (or PAR for some) in here.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #162
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Was good to see the ally oop to Chandler tonight (preseason against Bulls). And Chandler's bringing great attitude. Someone in the GDT compared Haywood's sourpuss face to Damps, and that was right on. If Chandler continues to work his way into this team without getting injured, then Haywood's going to be even more sour at the loss of starting position.

I want one game out of this year where Carlisle keeps Kidd, Chandler, and Beaubois on the floor together long enough to call it an 'oop fest.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:26 AM   #163
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Haywood's a significantly better player than Chandler. If Chandler ever moves into the starting lineup then we have a huge problem because it means Haywood is playing very poorly.

People need to settle down on Chandler. He's been fine as a backup center, and will continue to be. But let's settle down on starter talk.

I think it's the anti-Damp effect. Chandler can jump and is emotional, so people look past his faults and see more than is there. And I find it hilarious that Haywood is now being denigrated based on his emotions just like Damp was.

People are funny.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #164
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing which you are not giving credit to chandler for is his vocal defensive intensity. Haywood is WAY too quiet out there. Chandler does seem to be out of control and someone needs to teach him how to set a pick for goodness sakes.

What I don't like about him being out there is everyone wants to throw him an alley-oop and we just don't have that many guys who are good enough passers to do it, so they are tossing it up all over the place for him. It has seemed like at least a couple of extra turnovers a game just to get one basket, not very efficient.

that being said I do like the way he rolls hard to the basket.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-08-2010 at 08:44 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #165
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
The one thing which you are not giving credit to chandler for is his vocal defensive intensity. Haywood is WAY too quiet out there. Chandler does seem to be out of control and someone needs to teach him how to set a pick for goodness sakes.

What I don't like about him being out there is everyone wants to throw him an alley-oop and we just don't have that many guys who are good enough passers to do it, so they are tossing it up all over the place for him. It has seemed like at least a couple of extra turnovers a game just to get one basket, not very efficient.

that being said I do like the way he rolls hard to the basket.
His vocal defensive intensity does not make up for the fact that Haywood is a better defender.

I do like his intensity. I think it's something that can be useful on a team full of veterans and low key guys. I just think it's leading people to overrate him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #166
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
As good as Kidd can be off the ball defensively and team D, he is more of a liability guarding his man than most people around here are willing to admit. He worries me quite a bit, nearly as much as Roddys inability to grasp the pg role.
I'd have to ask if you watched roddy try to play the point in the summer league? He had a long, long way to go before he has grasped the point guard role.

I'm still in trigued with him and the way he is a different player when he's "on" than when he's not. But when he's not, he really doesn't do much else that I've seen...

I hope he breaks out and all, but I've trained a pretty critical eye on roddy at the moment.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #167
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
His vocal defensive intensity does not make up for the fact that Haywood is a better defender.

I do like his intensity. I think it's something that can be useful on a team full of veterans and low key guys. I just think it's leading people to overrate him.
Not unless it makes the rest of the team better defenders. I hear what you are saying and I've read it in other places as well. But attitude is important, sometimes over talent. We'll have a lot of stats to back up their defensive presence. I think haywood is a better rebounder for sure, not so sure about a pnr coverer(sp) or not. I'll have to watch them some more..

Tyson is a very active guy in there I grant you. Mahinmi looked better than both last night to be honest. But I realize it was in garbage time.

Last edited by dude1394; 10-08-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #168
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Haywood is not a significantly better player than Chandler. They are different players and it's great to have both. The difference in speed, quickness, and agility is not even comparable.

RC isn't gonna go back on his word to Haywood about being a starter unless he is just playing really poorly, which I don't think anyone expects to happen. Chandler has to prove again that he can do what he has been doing so far on a consistent basis during the regular season.

It's not that Chandler can't set picks, he just has different intentions on what comes next. He wants to make the easy play and that is roll and throw it up for him. He just needs to mix it up more because it's predictable, he's gonna slip it and roll.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #169
dude1394
Guru

The picks I saw him try to set were late mainly. It wasn't the movement afterwards. But 3 turnovers (at least 2 on picks) ain't gonna cut it.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #170
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I'd have to ask if you watched roddy try to play the point in the summer league? He had a long, long way to go before he has grasped the point guard role.

I'm still in trigued with him and the way he is a different player when he's "on" than when he's not. But when he's not, he really doesn't do much else that I've seen...

I hope he breaks out and all, but I've trained a pretty critical eye on roddy at the moment.
Maybe a misunderstanding somewhere but I meant, I don't believe in Roddy at pg...yet. I did watch him in SL games and although he will probably only share teh floor with one of those players in the reg season(dojo) he still didn't show me what I wanted to see especially from a leadership aspect. He never reallied the troops and put the team on his back while making smart decisions. But it was SL after all.

Either way I think he will be a solid enough SG.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #171
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Maybe a misunderstanding somewhere but I meant, I don't believe in Roddy at pg...yet. I did watch him in SL games and although he will probably only share teh floor with one of those players in the reg season(dojo) he still didn't show me what I wanted to see especially from a leadership aspect. He never reallied the troops and put the team on his back while making smart decisions. But it was SL after all.

Either way I think he will be a solid enough SG.
I hope you are correct. But again he seemed to live and die with his 3pt shot. If he was hitting that he was a different player. More aggressive, more assertive, everything. When he wasn't he seemed to shrink quite a bit.

Again hope I'm wrong about it.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #172
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Overrated compared to Haywood? Maybe.

Overrated compared to Damp? Well, there's plenty of reason to be excited about Chandler compared to what we saw out of Dampier the past few seasons... Plus, it's nice that Haywood & Chandler have totally different styles, whereas Haywood & Damp were kind of the same...

One thing that seems pretty undeniable at this point is that Haywood/Chandler/Mahinmi is definitely the strongest group of guys this team has ever had at the 5. It's nice to call that position a strength instead of a weakness (for once!)

Now if we can just sort out the SG position...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-08-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #173
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Hopefully Roddy can fill that void. He provides that perfect dynamic we need from the two spot. The only real question is whether he'll be able to defend the bigger/stronger 2's of the league.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #174
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Hopefully Roddy can fill that void. He provides that perfect dynamic we need from the two spot. The only real question is whether he'll be able to defend the bigger/stronger 2's of the league.
If he plays with Kidd that´s not a problem...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #175
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

And i have the hope that Jones will be soon a solid backup/ballhandler so we can match him with Roddy and him taking the SG
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #176
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
If he plays with Kidd that´s not a problem...
I would disagree "playing with Kids" is a felony.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #177
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Back on the Chandler topic, suppose Chandler continues to impress and improve throughout the season. Do we hang on to him and keep the depth and versatility at our center position or do we look to capitalize on the stock increase and exchange him for a more dominant wing should one become available?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 10-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #178
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Overrated compared to Haywood? Maybe.

Overrated compared to Damp? Well, there's plenty of reason to be excited about Chandler compared to what we saw out of Dampier the past few seasons... Plus, it's nice that Haywood & Chandler have totally different styles, whereas Haywood & Damp were kind of the same...

One thing that seems pretty undeniable at this point is that Haywood/Chandler/Mahinmi is definitely the strongest group of guys this team has ever had at the 5. It's nice to call that position a strength instead of a weakness (for once!)

Overrated compared to what he is. He's not better than Haywood and I don't think it's particularly close. He's not nearly the man-on defender Haywood is, imo.

Definitely nice that he's provides somewhat of a different set of skills, and I do like the rotation. I was mainly just observing that his demeanor seems to encourage people to overrate his ability, while the demeanors of Haywood and Damp lead (or led) people to underrate theirs at times.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #179
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was mainly just observing that his demeanor seems to encourage people to overrate his ability, while the demeanors of Haywood and Damp lead (or led) people to underrate theirs at times.
People love charisma.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #180
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Back on the Chandler topic, suppose Chandler continues to impress and improve throughout the season. Do we hang on to him and keep the depth and versatility at our center position or do we look to capitalize on the stock increase and exchange him for a more dominant wing should one become available?
Get the wing. We went all in with the Haywood contract. Give him his 32 a night. We'll patch things with Mahinimi and Ajinca for the other 16. Or we toss JJ out there to see if we get another big body in. Chandler is a nice luxury, but if that wing, Iggy presents itself, you pounce on it. I mean with a big season, Chandler would see the same money if not more than Haywood.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #181
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Fans love an energy guy....and for whatever it's worth, Chandler has better career stats than Haywood. It doesn't really matter though because I'm pretty sure you'll see the minutes pretty evenly split, give or take a few.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #182
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Get the wing. We went all in with the Haywood contract. Give him his 32 a night. We'll patch things with Mahinimi and Ajinca for the other 16. Or we toss JJ out there to see if we get another big body in. Chandler is a nice luxury, but if that wing, Iggy presents itself, you pounce on it. I mean with a big season, Chandler would see the same money if not more than Haywood.
I tend to agree with this line of thinking as well. On one hand, the Haywood / Chandler combo gives us enough front court talent to hang with a healthy Lakers team but on the other hand Bynum is appearing more and more injury prone which could slightly reduce the need to have a deep 5 rotation.

Ideally I think what I'd like to see is a Chandler + Butler trade for an All-Star caliber wing player. I imagine that talent combo plus $22 mil in expiring contracts could be enticing to some teams around the deadline. I'm curious if it would it be enough get Denver's attention in a potential Carmelo trade.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 10-08-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #183
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
People love charisma.
And charisma has it's place. You get a guy that fires up the rest of the team versus acting like he'd rather be somewhere else (no matter his talent) it is a factor.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #184
SMC0007
Guru

An under rated factor!

Old 10-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #185
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
I tend to agree with this line of thinking as well. On one hand, the Haywood / Chandler combo gives us enough front court talent to hang with a healthy Lakers team but on the other hand Bynum is appearing more and more injury prone which could slightly reduce the need to have a deep 5 rotation.

Ideally I think what I'd like to see is a Chandler + Butler trade for an All-Star caliber wing player. I imagine that talent combo plus $22 mil in expiring contracts could be enticing to some teams around the deadline. I'm curious if it would it be enough get Denver's attention in a potential Carmelo trade.
Carmelo would be the homerun, but I see them wanting Boobs and DOJO as the enticers, along with picks. It decimates our back court to the point where we see DeShawn-Jet sharing time to the 2 spot. Maybe if we snag the pain in the ass that is JR Smith as a salary/contract dump to keep one of Boobs/DoJo. Iggy would be a cheaper, ideal fit, but with Thorn running the show there, he maybe a piece he hangs onto.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #186
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Carmelo would be the homerun, but I see them wanting Boobs and DOJO as the enticers, along with picks. It decimates our back court to the point where we see DeShawn-Jet sharing time to the 2 spot. Maybe if we snag the pain in the ass that is JR Smith as a salary/contract dump to keep one of Boobs/DoJo. Iggy would be a cheaper, ideal fit, but with Thorn running the show there, he maybe a piece he hangs onto.
Thats the point. In any Anthony trade we cant send both Roddy and DoJo, because it would leave us with Kidd/Terry/Barea/Stevenson if the Nuggets dont send JR with...
Old 10-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #187
dude1394
Guru

you can't be short-sighted.. Basketball is a 5 man game at the end of the day, you give up any and everyone for carmelo except for the dirkster.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #188
SMC0007
Guru

Man, F carmelo! Right in the corn pipe! How bout that apples? HUH did you guys ever think about that? Besides this is the Tyson thread.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #189
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Man, F carmelo! Right in the corn pipe! How bout that apples? HUH did you guys ever think about that? Besides this is the Tyson thread.
Sounds like love to me. ;0
Old 11-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #190
sefant77
Guru

bump

Really decent pickup. Looks like he is really back to at least 80-90% of his NO prime. If Roddy comes back and delivers scoring i take Chandler over Jefferson all day long.

Butler will be the tradechip at the deadline, not Chandlers contract.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #191
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

The guy was beastin on both ends of the court last night....yes Butler must moved at the deadline
Old 11-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #192
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Tyson is a f'ing stud so far.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #193
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

so now what do we do? we threw all that money at haywood when it looks like tyson is our guy.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #194
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

I love Tyson Chandler.He has huge energy.Dallas Mavericks need his energy.
He played well against Boston.12 points and huge 13 reb big double-double for him.
So far Tyson is good move for the Dallas Mavericks.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR

Last edited by 41mvp; 11-09-2010 at 01:30 PM.
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #195
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

It was so easy to hate this guy before. Seeing him in a different light now, you realize how much of a hard worker and great guy he is for your team. Unless this is an early season fluke, which I highly doubt, I hope we extend his contract. Best center we've ever had? I think so.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #196
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Voila. The Damp Index.

Haywood is a little better than Dampier.

Chandler is 2x the center of Dampier.

Mahinimi.. is... 3/4th.. of Dampier?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #197
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
so now what do we do? we threw all that money at haywood when it looks like tyson is our guy.
Not much really. Tyson will get into foul trouble, may get hurt, whatever. If a deal comes along where you can move wood, you do it (maybe...depends on where they are standing wise and the guy). I haven't seen enough of mahinmi to know if he could be the backup..but...
Old 11-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #198
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not much really. Tyson will get into foul trouble, may get hurt, whatever. If a deal comes along where you can move wood, you do it (maybe...depends on where they are standing wise and the guy). I haven't seen enough of mahinmi to know if he could be the backup..but...
don't forget about ajinca, lol
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #199
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chandler is gonna make a lot of posts look stupid (or PAR for some) in here.
We can only hope

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #200
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Voila. The Damp Index.

Haywood is a little better than Dampier.

Chandler is 2x the center of Dampier.

Mahinimi.. is... 3/4th.. of Dampier?

1.He is much better than Dampier
2.I agree with you
3.I don't think so.I must see him in action.He actually sit on the bench.Coach must give him a chance.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote