Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #161
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is Rondo is out until ASG, so pretty much the trade deadline. And trading him in the summer of 2014, then he is in the last year of his contract with the risk that the new team just rent him for a year...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #162
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
The problem is Rondo is out until ASG, so pretty much the trade deadline. And trading him in the summer of 2014, then he is in the last year of his contract with the risk that the new team just rent him for a year...
No he's not, he's expected back by the opener
Old 06-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #163
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

I asked Donnie Nelson if there is any truth to the Rondo rumors. He said: "I wish."

Take it for what it's worth. This was at the Dirk baseball game last night.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #164
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Fish - master rumor fabricator.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #165
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

lol what do you expect Donnie to say? "Yep, deal is basically 90% done, just gotta wait for Howard to sign." You guys obviously don't know the FO if you think they'd say anything relevant about something like that.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #166
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Fish - master rumor fabricator.
Hey, as long as you buy DUST chip and Free Roddy B T-shirts, it's all gravy.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #167
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
lol what do you expect Donnie to say? "Yep, deal is basically 90% done, just gotta wait for Howard to sign." You guys obviously don't know the FO if you think they'd say anything relevant about something like that.
He was silent for 5 sec then said "I wish."

Not saying it means anything but you could tell he was choosing his words wisely.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #168
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Hey, as long as you buy DUST chip and Free Roddy B T-shirts, it's all gravy.
I'm really not defending Fish's merchandise antics, but the DUST chip did net us Chandler.

Roddy B on the other hand...

Old 06-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #169
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk2003 View Post
He was silent for 5 sec then said "I wish."

Not saying it means anything but you could tell he was choosing his words wisely.
If he told you to lay off the crack pipe, then we'd be in business.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #170
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

lol funny thing is the whole rumor ignited during draft night and caught fire through time. I was on some board saying yeah, what about Rondo since Ainge is on full rebuild. Our word of mouth will eventually travel.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #171
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
lol funny thing is the whole rumor ignited during draft night and caught fire through time. I was on some board saying yeah, what about Rondo since Ainge is on full rebuild. Our word of mouth will eventually travel.
Is this really you taking credit for this rumor?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #172
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
f he told you to lay off the crack pipe, then we'd be in business.
No, that would just mean the Mavs are signing Tarpley.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #173
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Is this really you taking credit for this rumor?
Did you miss the part when I said "yeah"?. So obviously I agreed to some people mentioning the idea. I was on another board and some people brought it up during draft night...

Last edited by yahyes; 06-30-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #174
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"yeah"?.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #175
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...able-in-trades

Asik I would like if mavs miss out on Dwight he would give mavs quite a bit of more cap space to play with too, he's a terrific defender and rebounder.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #176
yahyes
Banned

yes!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #177
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post

Asik I would like if mavs miss out on Dwight he would give mavs quite a bit of more cap space to play with too, he's a terrific defender and rebounder.

But the Mavs have nothing the Rockets would want.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #178
yahyes
Banned

Quote:

Pass on injury prone Lin and Asik.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #179
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
But the Mavs have nothing the Rockets would want.
Cap space.

Quote:
Pass on injury prone Lin and Asik.
I understand Lin, but why in the world wouldn't you want Asik if we miss out on Dwight? He is a perfect complement to Dirk. Not a superstar but perfect in the starting lineup playing big minutes next to Dirk.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #180
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

I don't think Lin is injury prone. He only missed one game all year until the playoffs, where he missed two and a half. I guess the Mavs could offer the Rockets some draft picks for Asik, but I think Houston can find a better deal than that for a C like Asik.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #181
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Cap space.

I understand Lin, but why in the world wouldn't you want Asik if we miss out on Dwight? He is a perfect complement to Dirk. Not a superstar but perfect in the starting lineup playing big minutes next to Dirk.
I am not a cap/New CBA expert, but how could we offer cap space?

I agree, Asik, really was a good player last year and it was just his first year to start. Bad hands and minimal offensive skills but he is a very good post defender and an ok shot blocker. I would take him, but I do not see what Houston would want from us.

Last edited by DTownKidd; 06-30-2013 at 08:45 PM.
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #182
mavs777
Diamond Member

because we are way under the cap we could just take his contract for picks
Old 06-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #183
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
because we are way under the cap we could just take his contract for picks
Ah wasn't sure if there was some regulation on players for picks. So in theory you could trade a max player for a 2020 2nd rounder? I think I see a future loop hole...
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #184
yahyes
Banned

@GuerillaBlack

Lin was out most of the season after his little hero stint last year. This season he's been bad statistically and little injuries here and there.

Quote:
Cap space.

Has nothing to do with being a superstar.I just don't see him fitting here. Although I've heard publicly mention Al Jefferson as a nice player free agent. So, I'd consider taking the risk with Big Al to play with Dirk. If the Dwight decision doesn't pan out for Dallas.

Last edited by yahyes; 06-30-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #185
mavs777
Diamond Member

He was good after all star break and slightly above average, but i do agree he isn't worth his contract by a couple million
Old 06-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #186
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'm all about Asik, but the thought of Houston trading him to a division rival doesn't compute.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #187
spreedom
Diamond Member

Taking Jefferson over Asik.... good god man, this place is a madhouse.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #188
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Taking Jefferson over Asik.... good god man, this place is a madhouse.
Well if Dirk said himself Big Al caught his eye in free agency. I'd take his word for it. If that would be considered plan B.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #189
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Houston will trade their parts for rondo or calderon.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #190
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

On to the next stupid rumor...

Quote:
Celtics' Ainge says Rondo not on trade block

Posted Jul 1, 2013 4:50 PM

BOSTON (AP) -- Boston Celtics general manager Danny Ainge says he's not trying to trade point guard Rajon Rondo.

But he says he'll keep listening to calls.

Ainge says teams are assuming that since the Celtics have unloaded coach Doc Rivers and stars Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett they're looking to dump everything of value. But he says the team wants to keep Rondo as it tries to rebuild through the draft.

Ainge says he's gotten a lot of calls on Rondo.

NBA free agency began on Monday. Ainge says the team doesn't have the cap room or the interest in adding a free agent this summer.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #191
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
On to the next stupid rumor...
You really think that that ends the discussion?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #192
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
You really think that that ends the discussion?
Especially since the second line says "But he says he'll keep listening to calls."

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #193
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well if Dirk said himself Big Al caught his eye in free agency. I'd take his word for it. If that would be considered plan B.
No sir. It doesn't make any sense to rather have Al Jeff over Asik as far as "fitting in" goes. We need a center who can carry a larger workload on defense NOT offense. Al is a great player, but paired with Dirk it better be last option available. Actually, maybe not even then. Might be better to go one more year of rent a players instead of strapping ourselves to front court guys that don't pair with Dirk.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #194
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Especially since the second line says "But he says he'll keep listening to calls."
I'd like to point out that those words are not in quotes which means they are paraphrased. Which means the nba.com writer just interpreted the part about him still taking calls as "he'll keep listening to calls."

Quote:
"Ainge said he was in no rush to hire a coach, and he repeated — definitively — that he would not take the job himself. But asked for a similar pronouncement to put the end to Rondo trade talks, Ainge said, "I always listen to calls and listen to what ideas are, but we have no intentions of moving Rajon."
And I guess you were right about the conversation not being ended because here my stupid ass is still talking about it.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #195
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

No NBA GM with any sense says, we're looking to trade ______." Even if someone is being shopped, that'd be giving other teams way too much power.

It doesn't mean that guys are available but it means absolutely nothing to end any discussion.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #196
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
No NBA GM with any sense says, we're looking to trade ______." Even if someone is being shopped, that'd be giving other teams way too much power.

It doesn't mean that guys are available but it means absolutely nothing to end any discussion.
Unless they've got only one suitor or a few and they want more.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #197
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Unless they've got only one suitor or a few and they want more.
Who will then lowball the holy hell out of them because they created a situation that only has one way to be resolved.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #198
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Who will then lowball the holy hell out of them because they created a situation that only has one way to be resolved.
Um...I'm not sure you get this.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #199
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Um...I'm not sure you get this.
I'm pretty sure I do. It's usually considered bad business for a GM to stir up interest in one of his players by using the media considering he can just pick up a phone and tell other GMs that he is looking to deal one of said players. A direct call works much better and has less of a chance to create a untenable situation with the player if a favorable trade doesn't come to fruition than hoping that other GMs happen to be following NBA trade rumors posted on twitter or bleacherreport.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #200
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
I'm pretty sure I do. It's usually considered bad business for a GM to stir up interest in one of his players by using the media considering he can just pick up a phone and tell other GMs that he is looking to deal one of said players. A direct call works much better and has less of a chance to create a untenable situation with the player if a favorable trade doesn't come to fruition than hoping that other GMs happen to be following NBA trade rumors posted on twitter or bleacherreport.
Wow. Just...wow. Don't know what to tell you, bro.