Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #161
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Which makes me wonder, does that factor into LeBron's decision? I mean, really, you add Bosh to that Houston starting 5 and that team, not LeBron and the Cavs, is your title favorite for the next two years.
I disagree. Kevin McHale isn't taking them anywhere.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #162
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Which makes me wonder, does that factor into LeBron's decision? I mean, really, you add Bosh to that Houston starting 5 and that team, not LeBron and the Cavs, is your title favorite for the next two years.
They may be title favorites in public perception (and thus Vegas), but I wouldn't pick them to actually win the title. Their starting lineup is loaded, but they don't have a championship-caliber coach, and Harden as your primary ballhandler does not a title team make, IMO.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #163
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Sounds like the Rockets fully plan to match Parsons if they get Bosh (presumably for a bit under Bosh's max), and that the only way they won't match is if they don't get Bosh.
Interesting. What gives you this impression? Rockets reaching out to Deng & Ariza?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #164
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

https://twitter.com/EarlKSneed:

"Donnie Nelson says no offer sheets on any restricted free agents have been submitted."

"Donnie Nelson says the @dallasmavs are still exploring their options and will need to make a decision by midnight tonight."

??????????????????????
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #165
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@DwainPrice: The 72 hour clock on Parsons hasn't started yet. Donnie Nelson said the offer sheet won't be submitted until tonight.

@Caplan_NBA: Nelson told reporters that a sign-and-trade for Parsons is a possibility, which is why offer sheet has not been submitted.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #166
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I hate to play devils advocate, but how is Houston the little brother? They have more rings than us
They have 2 rings that they won in the early 90s (94, 95). I'm convinced that in Head to Head matchups in the Dirk era we have more victories than them. (If anyone is able to pull up the stats of our head to head matchups against the Rockets in the past 12 years I'd really appreciate that.) The only time we met in the playoffs in 2005 we won. Even after they led the series 2-0, we came back to beat them. And we completely dismantled them by a whopping 40 points in Game 7. I feel like there have been numerous regular season games in which they've had us beaten all game, and then in the 4th quarter either Jet or Dirk catches fire and we ended up winning the game. Maybe I was wrong for calling them the little brother, but to me in the Dirk era we've always been one step ahead of them.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #167
REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN is on a distinguished road

We'll gladly take a trade exemption and
Marion thx.k.bye.
REEKO_HTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #168
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@DwainPrice: The 72 hour clock on Parsons hasn't started yet. Donnie Nelson said the offer sheet won't be submitted until tonight.

@Caplan_NBA: Nelson told reporters that a sign-and-trade for Parsons is a possibility, which is why offer sheet has not been submitted.
But also just have Houston an extra day to get everything they need done.
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #169
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEKO_HTOWN View Post
We'll gladly take a trade exemption and
Marion thx.k.bye.
They aren't over the cap, I don't see it giving us a trade exemption. Maybe I am wrong?
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #170
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
So, what percentage chance do you guys think there is of Parsons playing in a Mavs uniform next year?
No more than 20% imo, and i thought the same thing before Morey came out and said they would match if they can, and since the three days still hasn't started yet, they will resolve this thing. I think they match even if Bosh stays in Miami.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #171
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:

This just blows my mind.

What S&T possibilities could we possibly be looking at?
Old 07-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #172
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
They have 2 rings that they won in the early 90s (94, 95). I'm convinced that in Head to Head matchups in the Dirk era we have more victories than them. (If anyone is able to pull up the stats of our head to head matchups against the Rockets in the past 12 years I'd really appreciate that.) The only time we met in the playoffs in 2005 we won. Even after they led the series 2-0, we came back to beat them. And we completely dismantled them by a whopping 40 points in Game 7. I feel like there have been numerous regular season games in which they've had us beaten all game, and then in the 4th quarter either Jet or Dirk catches fire and we ended up winning the game. Maybe I was wrong for calling them the little brother, but to me in the Dirk era we've always been one step ahead of them.
Oh, I agree with you there. In the Dirk era, there is no contest...even though they've gone through the Tmac/Yao tandem, and now the Harden/Dwight tandem.

I guess I'm looking more at the entire scheme of things.

Somewhat related, I don't bring up the Cowboys' championships when my friends and I talk football (because that was also in the early to mid 90s). But everyone knows the franchise is in the top tier just because of their past successes.

I don't want to get off topic too much.

@espn_macmahon: Donnie Nelson says Mavs talking sign & trade with Rockets. "There’s ways that both sides can win, so it’s just an ongoing process."

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...80335290654721

lame.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #173
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I disagree. Kevin McHale isn't taking them anywhere.
Yep, and i like the Irving-Lebron-Love core a lot more than that. This trio would fit like a glove. Bosh and Howard would also be a great fit, but i'm not that big on Harden as a first option. He's an extremely efficient scorer, but tends to disappear in the playoffs.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #174
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

The only logical explanation is that Morey said he would match. And Parsons really wants to be a Mav, so S&T is the only option now. Let's see how the next few days play out.
vmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #175
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@DLord_DBdotcom: @mdug let me clarify that daily cutoff is 5 pm ...so 11 pm yesterday and 2 pm today are all the same NBA "day" but 10 pm tonite is not

Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #176
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Well, Parsons is a decent player, but 15 million per year? That's way too much. I know that sometimes you have to overpay players, but this is beyond any reasonable way of thinking. I hope Houston matches the offer. Would like to have him here, but not for this price.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #177
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmac View Post
The only logical explanation is that Morey said he would match. And Parsons really wants to be a Mav, so S&T is the only option now. Let's see how the next few days play out.
Dallas has known Morey might match the offer. Morey saying he would (if he did in fact say so), is unlikely to have any impact on their thinking, IMO.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #178
REEKO_HTOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Well, Parsons is a decent player, but 15 million per year? That's way too much. I know that sometimes you have to overpay players, but this is beyond any reasonable way of thinking. I hope Houston matches the offer. Would like to have him here, but not for this price.
Cuban is doing us a solid wanting Parsons this bad. He might even take back salary so we can have more cap for Bosh and maybe a SF like Marion or Deng.

I'd rather you have Parsons for $15 mil and we get Marion for $6-7 mil AND Bosh.

Work out for both of us if you love Parsons so much. Just watch out for his bad back.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #179
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cuban is doing us a solid wanting Parsons this bad. He might even take back salary so we can have more cap for Bosh and maybe a SF like Marion or Deng.

I'd rather you have Parsons for $15 mil and we get Marion for $6-7 mil AND Bosh.

Work out for both of us if you love Parsons so much. Just watch out for his bad back.
Yup, still bitter.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #180
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez, could this offseason be anymore convoluted?

Now it might be a sign and trade? Well, at least that would mean we actually get him if that were the case.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #181
Underdog

Video of Parsons signing offer sheet in night club

Old 07-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #182
Underdog

Here's the thing about a sign-and-trade for Parsons: no clock... Once it's done, it's done.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #183
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
I think one thing you have to understand is with the new cba and the continued rise in the salary cap, 15 million this year is much different than 15 million in 2 years. Is it overpaying? Sure, but if everyone is willing to overpay then you have to do something to acquire talent. The key is to make sure the talent is the right kind of talent. Personally I think Stephenson is looking like a really nice value. But his character questions are the highest I have seen in quite awhile. Personally I would much rather pay a 25 year old like Parsons 15 million than a 30+ Carmelo 21 million.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-10-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #184
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

What trade assets does Dallas have that would ~match a $15MM salary for Parsons?

Wright, $5MM
Felton, $3.8MM
and uhm......
Ellis, $8.5MM?
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #185
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
What trade assets does Dallas have that would ~match a $15MM salary for Parsons?

Wright, $5MM
Felton, $3.8MM
and uhm......
Ellis, $8.5MM?
We don't have to match since we're under the cap.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #186
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

If we are talking SnT with the Rockets, we have to assume they are trying to offload Lin. What are ya'lls take on Lin? He's owed like what 14 mill next year then hes a UFA? Obviously hes not worth that kind of money, but since we are up against the cap anyways and if Cuban is willing to pay the luxury, we could sign the rest to vet mins and have a great team. Lin>Felton imo. This wouldn't affect us going into next years free agency and we would run no risk of hitting the luxury tax consecutive years.

We would have to offer Wright and be willing to take Lins contract. So we can assume it would be something with the following:

Mavs send B Wright.
Rockets send Parsons + Lin.

We could try to include Felton. Houston might be trying for a SnT with Marion included?

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-10-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #187
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Parsons is a dynamic offensive player who flat out took over a bunch of games for the Rockets last season. Those guys don't grow on trees. $15M per is a steep price to pay for any player that isn't a franchise cornerstone, but at only two years (plus a player option for a third) you have to sign those kind of guys when you can, at almost any price.

If we're doing a sign-and-trade, I'd say it's most likely that we'd be getting Lin back from them... if it's just a straight Marion-for-Chandler swap, the Rockets wouldn't be able to sign Bosh outright at the $20M+ figure they've been discussing. They'll have to unload more salary. And if we're taking on Lin, I really hope we're sending them Mekel and/or Felton. We can't afford an $8M cap hit on a PG if he's a backup.

A starting lineup of Lin/Ellis/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler would be pretty light on the defense, but man... that would be a freaking potent offensive lineup. Or bringing Lin off the bench with Harris starting... that would be pretty great too.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #188
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I would imagine talk are centered around Wright, Marion and/or TPE. No way we take back Lin.
And I think Dallas may actually value Felton some.

Last edited by mac222b; 07-10-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #189
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
If we are talking SnT with the Rockets, we have to assume they are trying to offload Lin. What are ya'lls take on Lin? He's owed like what 14 mill next year then hes a UFA? Obviously hes not worth that kind of money, but since we are up against the cap anyways and if Cuban is willing to pay the luxury, we could sign the rest to vet mins and have a great team. Lin>Felton imo.
If it just means Cuban having to pay more money for one year, then I have no problem taking back Lin - he's definitely an upgrade over Felton or anyone else we could get for vet min. Plus, it would help Houston in their pursuit of Bosh... Win-win.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #190
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I would imagine talk are centered around Wright and/or TPE. No way we take back Lin.
And I think Dallas may actually value Felton some.
Why do you say there is no way we take Lin? I mean hes on a one year deal that would put us over the cap. We are already at the cap. Lin is not all the bad. He plays good defense and has some length. If Cuban is willing to pay the luxury whats the issue? As Underdog said... its a clear win-win.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-10-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #191
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Monta comes off as well, if you assume he declines his player option.
I guess he declines it. If he plays again this well as he did last season, he'll look for a bigger payday.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #192
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Can Lin shoot? We are pretty desperate for a guard that can shoot.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #193
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Why do you say there is no way we take Lin? I mean hes on a one year deal that would put us over the cap. We are already at the cap. Lin is not all the bad. He plays good defense and has some length. If Cuban is willing to pay the luxury whats the issue? As Underdog said... its a clear win-win.
I dont see Lin as being the guy worth going over the cap for. They have that card to play in their back pocket and Ive always assumed Cubes would use it at the most opportune moment. Like trading Wright for Gasol. Once it is used a whole lot of flexibility is lost so it better be for a difference maker.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #194
REEKO_HTOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
What's your definition of 'shoot'?

If you mean can catch and shoot a 3 then, no. He needs the ball in his hands to get rhythm and shoot.

Last edited by REEKO_HTOWN; 07-10-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #195
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Lin is serviceable on the offensive side. He shoots a decent mid range shot and has improved from 3. He is strong on the defensive side. All in all I think hes a clear upgrade over Felton.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #196
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If it just means Cuban having to pay more money for one year, then I have no problem taking back Lin - he's definitely an upgrade over Felton or anyone else we could get for vet min. Plus, it would help Houston in their pursuit of Bosh... Win-win.
So we'd end up with both Lin and Parsons? Wouldn't that make us the Dallas Rockets?
Old 07-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #197
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What's your definition of 'shoot'?

If you mean can catch and shoot a 3 then, no. He needs the ball in his hands to get rhythm and shoot.
Yes that is what I mean. No thanks, we have plenty of penetrating non-shooting guards.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #198
Underdog

Quote:
Lin shot 35.8% from beyond the arc last season... He's no Calderon, but Ellis was 33.0%, Felton 31.8%, Harris 30.7% - he'd be our best 3-point shooter at the guard position.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #199
dude1394
Guru

If he is a solid three point shooter then I like him in the mix. If not, well Ellis, Felton, Harris strikes fear in no one.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #200
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
To add to this I was surprised they made the Chandler deal when they did. Must assume they got a take it or leave it ultimatum from Phil or the Knicks claimed to have other suitors. Otherwise it made more sense to trade for TC later by going over the cap. It would preserved 3mil in space. An extra 3mil plus dumping Wright could = Parsons AND Stephenson, for instance. I guess the center crop being so thin they couldnt afford to lose out on Tyson.

Last edited by mac222b; 07-10-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Tags
is this clutchfans.net?, nonclutchfans.net