Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #1961
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I think ATL is has cast it's lot with JJ...if not, I'm all over that.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #1962
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, Thornton is overrated...and what, 26?

Josh is better than Thornton...sadly. Zach is just bluaarg, dont know if Kaman is that much worth. But Carlisle can work with idiots. Would also mean the end of Bass time in Dallas.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-24-2009 at 04:51 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #1963
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Guys, Thornton is overrated...and what, 26?

Josh is better than Thornton...sadly. Zach is just bluaarg, dont know if Kaman is that much worth. But Carlisle can work with idiots. Would also mean the end of Bass time in Dallas.
"bass time"?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #1964
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because of his comfort level with his teammates and city, and of course, the chance to get an $8 million-$9 million contract, odds are that free agent Jason Kidd will re-sign with the Dallas Mavericks. Yet, he has an intrigue with the New York Knicks that is mutual, and a Knicks source says they plan to try and meet with him once free agency starts on July 1.

Kidd is considering possibilities with Portland and Cleveland, but he always loved New York a lot more than New Jersey. He built good relationships with Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni and Portland’s Nate McMillan when they were assistant coaches for Team USA.

Barring a sign-and-trade deal, the Knicks would be limited to offering Kidd the midlevel exception.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #1965
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
VC > RJ. Get'er done, Mavs.
I agree.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #1966
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Why would Kidd want to go to a losing franchise?

I don't think so....

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #1967
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be really lame if Cuban observes that the market is drying up on Kidd and throws him a low-ball offer...if he does that, he's a major d-bag.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #1968
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
It'll be really lame if Cuban observes that the market is drying up on Kidd and throws him a low-ball offer...if he does that, he's a major d-bag.
If he does *that* he's a d-bag? Dude, he did that five years ago.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:26 PM   #1969
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Id rather Kidd get his money with us.. that way we will at least have a good trade chip when his contract is closer to expiring next time.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #1970
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
If he does *that* he's a d-bag? Dude, he did that five years ago.
I'm living in the NOW.
Now and the future, not looking behind.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-24-2009 at 10:28 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:34 PM   #1971
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm living in the NOW.
Now and the future, not looking behind.
Not so, if you are giving Cuban a conditional chance not to be a d-bag.

You know what they say about leopards, and all...
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #1972
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
Id rather Kidd get his money with us.. that way we will at least have a good trade chip when his contract is closer to expiring next time.
As long as we are kinda on the topic now in this thread...let's see...4 and 48 to Nash and he would have been an expiring deal last season...5 and 50 and he would be expiring now. "Future roster flexibility" was bullshit by Cuban at the time, and it's still bullshit now. I said it at the time that Nash was going to get another contract after that Phoenix one. If you were able to realize that Cuban got his pants took down, you knew it too.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #1973
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Not so, if you are giving Cuban a conditional chance not to be a d-bag.

You know what they say about leopards, and all...
Nevermind...I don't really need this to go back to Nash, that wasn't my intention at all.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-24-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #1974
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Nevermind...I don't really need this to go back to Nash, that wasn't my intention at all.
Because you are living in the "NOW," right? I tried to tell you guys five years ago that you were living in the "now" that was gonna last five years or more.

You didn't want to listen to me. Tsk, tsk.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #1975
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

quick question.... can Oberto be traded again from the Pistons? Or when can he rather?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #1976
chumdawg
Guru

Within a day or so, yes. By himself, that is.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #1977
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

I think if it happened again, it would confirm Cuban's d-bagness. The first time was eh, the second time would be insanity.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #1978
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Because you are living in the "NOW," right? I tried to tell you guys five years ago that you were living in the "now" that was gonna last five years or more.

You didn't want to listen to me. Tsk, tsk.
First off...I wasn't here five years ago.

No...because the night before the draft, we really need to rehash the hatred of what happened with that deal?

That was not my intention AT ALL with my comment earlier. If i knew it was leading to that, I would have never said it all.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-24-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:27 PM   #1979
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
First off...I wasn't here five years ago.

No...because the night before the draft, we really need to rehash the hatred of what happened with that deal?

That was not my intention AT ALL with my comment earlier. If i knew it was leading to that, I would have never said it all.
Why, what are you afraid of? Or...is it easier to not know how we got to the shape we are in now?

I could give you an education, brutha...
Old 06-24-2009, 11:27 PM   #1980
241mavsrule

241mavsrule is on a distinguished road

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached an agreement in principle to acquire Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O’Neal(notes), a league source told Yahoo! Sports late Thursday night.

Cleveland will send Ben Wallace(notes), Sasha Pavlovic(notes), the 46th pick in Thursday’s draft and cash to the Suns for O’Neal.

241mavsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #1981
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 241mavsrule View Post
The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached an agreement in principle to acquire Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O’Neal(notes), a league source told Yahoo! Sports late Thursday night.

Cleveland will send Ben Wallace(notes), Sasha Pavlovic(notes), the 46th pick in Thursday’s draft and cash to the Suns for O’Neal.

Hmm desperate move to please LeBron?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 PM   #1982
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Why, what are you afraid of? Or...is it easier to not know how we got to the shape we are in now?

I could give you an education, brutha...
A long debate over something I really don't care about. Nash is gone...we didn't get anything for him, done-zo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
Hmm desperate move to please LeBron?
Yup yup. King James will be happier now.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 PM   #1983
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

ESPN is reporting the deal is done now.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #1984
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
A long debate over something I really don't care about. Nash is gone...we didn't get anything for him, done-zo.
No, it would be a very short debate...and it's something you do care very much about. Ever since that head-in-his-ass mistake by Cuban, we've been chasing the dog's tail. Nobody wants to play for Cuban anymore. Not even his BFF Shaq.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #1985
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
ESPN is reporting the deal is done now.
1 of these 2 comments are true, maybe both:

Dallas legitimately didn't want to get heavy into the talks of dealing for Shaq.

Phoenix didn't want to send him to Dallas.

If it really could've been just Damp and Stack and 56...then it's gotta be that Phoenix didn't want to deal with us.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #1986
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

For salary cap relief..

Milwaukee gave up Jefferson to Spurs
Phoenix gave up Shaq to Cavaliers

Next please..
LA Clippers
Chicago
New Jersey
Charlotte
Philadelphia
Detroit

C'mon Donnie give us a hint?!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #1987
TheMaverick
Golden Member

If I was D. Ferry, I would do anything Lebron asked me to.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #1988
Robillion
Golden Member

Quote:
THIS IS NOT A RUMOR!!!!

Just a proposal thrown out by a Clips fan (yes there are some out there)
Mavericks trade:
C. Eric Dampier
SG. Matt Carroll
SF. Josh Howard

Clippers trade
SF Al Thornton
PF. Zach Randolph
C. Chris Kaman
How about this MASSIVE trade

Mavericks trade:
C. Eric Dampier
SG. Matt Carroll
SF. Jerry Stackhouse
SF. Josh Howard
PF. S&T Brandon Bass

Mavericks recieve:
SG. Richard Hamilton
SF. Al Thornton
PF. Rasheed Wallace
C. Chris Kaman

Clippers trade:
SF Al Thornton
PF. Zach Randolph
C. Chris Kaman

Clippers receive:
SG. Matt Carroll
SF. Jerry Stackhouse
SF. Josh Howard
PF. Brandon Bass

Pistons trade:
SG. Richard Hamilton
PF. S&T Rasheed Wallace

Pistons recieve:
PF. Zach Randolph
C. Eric Dampier

I am pretty sure all that works out contract/money wise. And I believe there is actually some since to the deal for all parties... especially us of course.

Clippers will be getting out from under their massive contracts and will be getting two pieces of talent in return in Howard and Bass, both cheap and flexible contractually. Stackhouse would be instant savings rather than waiting a year with Dampier. Probably not a better deal out there for them to get out from under those contracts.

Pistons get the size they desire, and some cap flexibility still with Dampier coming off the books in time for the big free agent class. Even though Randolph isnt much on the defensive end, he is still an offensive/rebounding monster. Also, even though Randolph's contract is a bit higher than Rip's, it is 2 years shorter so there will still be some definite savings in it for them.

Us.. well do I have to explain? Championships for the forseeable future is what I see. Though we would be taking on a lot of salary. Our notable line up would be:

Kidd
Rip/Terry
Thornton/Marion(w/MLE)
Dirk/R.Wallace
Kaman

Id call that a successful summer, heh.

Last edited by Robillion; 06-25-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #1989
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Damp/ Williams
for
Hinrich

Josh/Bass/pick
for
Josh/Josh

Stack/Terry/pick
for
Kamen/Davis

SnT Kidd
for
Webster/ Fry

New line up

Kamen/Hollins/ Fry
Dirk/Fry/ Smith
J.Smith/ J.Childress/ Wright
Webster/Childress/ Wright
Davis/ Hinrich/ JJ

Yee I was bored

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 06-25-2009 at 12:25 AM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #1990
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

So what do you guys really think the chances are of landing Rip Hamilton without having to give up any of our core/rotation players? It seems like Stack/Shawne would almost get it done salary wise, but I don't know if they're really trying to dump salary like that.. I know the word is that they're up for getting rid of Rip to make room for other players, but I don't know how true any of that is.

I think if we were able to keep Damp or Stack and our draft picks as well as Jet/s&t Bass and still pull Rip with Stack or Damp/Shawne/(draft picks?) then we'd be able to really do some good stuff this offseason. If we traded Damp to Detroit and kept Stack/Jet/Bass as trade pieces then we could potentially pull Kamen/Camby from the Clippers and still have the MLE to sign another rotation player, whether defensive or offensive.

idk.. I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared of the Spurs now and really am thinking about what the Mavs could possibly do to stay at a competitive level with them.. It seems as if you can stay competitive with the (healthy) Spurs with that lineup then you can basically be competitive with any team in the league.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:28 AM   #1991
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
So what do you guys really think the chances are of landing Rip Hamilton without having to give up any of our core/rotation players? It seems like Stack/Shawne would almost get it done salary wise, but I don't know if they're really trying to dump salary like that.. I know the word is that they're up for getting rid of Rip to make room for other players, but I don't know how true any of that is.

I think if we were able to keep Damp or Stack and our draft picks as well as Jet/s&t Bass and still pull Rip with Stack or Damp/Shawne/(draft picks?) then we'd be able to really do some good stuff this offseason. If we traded Damp to Detroit and kept Stack/Jet/Bass as trade pieces then we could potentially pull Kamen/Camby from the Clippers and still have the MLE to sign another rotation player, whether defensive or offensive.

idk.. I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared of the Spurs now and really am thinking about what the Mavs could possibly do to stay at a competitive level with them.. It seems as if you can stay competitive with the (healthy) Spurs with that lineup then you can basically be competitive with any team in the league.
Slim and none.
I talked to some Detroit peeps on another board and they're not down for the salary dump.

They want a quality big man to go back in return. Price tag will be too high to make it worth it for Bass. Damp is better than what they have but not the right value for Rip.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #1992
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

I'll also add that I think that the core of JJ B/Kidd/Dirk/Howard/Wright/Hollins is more than sufficient to build a championship-caliber team around. I know that Howard is more attractive financially, but I can't help but say that I'd rather see Jet go any day of the week. Josh Howard is a great player no matter what stupid crap he does off the court, and I really believe that we need to keep him in our core if we want to be successful. I don't see any viable trades with Howard that benefit us outside of financially.. Every trade involving Howard that's been thrown out there has filled one gap while creating another one, which is the antithesis of progress.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:58 AM   #1993
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs spent their 10 mio expiring, Cavs their huge Wallace contract.

At least we are kind of the last team with huge expiring contracts that wanna add salary beside Houston with the 21mio T-Mac contract. That will be really hard to move but in my darkest dreams i allready expect they trade him for Nash+x

Btw what about JRich since die Suns blow it up? I would prefer Carter more, so i hope the Mavs will demand a soon yes or no from the Nets or move on to get JRich.

Stack/Williams/George for JRich
Josh + Bass for Carter
Damp for Kaman

Kidd
JRich
Carter (semi-good)
Dirk
Kaman

Funny thoughts (Kidd with Carter and JRich) but even Cuban would be too cheap for that but at least we would go back winning tons of games 130-125

Last edited by sefant77; 06-25-2009 at 05:16 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:12 AM   #1994
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Detroit might still be in salary dump mode. Let's not forget, you can now purchase a home in Detroit for the price of a pair of lower-level seats to an NBA game; they have to consider where their revenue is going to be coming from, regardless of what the cap is.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:15 AM   #1995
darkwitzki
Golden Member

Am scared were gonna end up with TMac..
Old 06-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #1996
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

My gosh, look at the series of events that have unfolded here!

1) The Cleavland Cavs lost in the playoffs
2) They realized that the reason they lost was because they got beat at the center position
3) Immediately after the season was over, they traded for a center!

I mean, what the hell? Aren't they supposed to go after an older veteran point guard first? Or maybe a couple of back up guards? Or maybe a scrub center to back up their already sorry ass center? What are they thinkin'?
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #1997
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
My gosh, look at the series of events that have unfolded here!

1) The Cleavland Cavs lost in the playoffs
2) They realized that the reason they lost was because they got beat at the center position
3) Immediately after the season was over, they traded for a center!

I mean, what the hell? Aren't they supposed to go after an older veteran point guard first? Or maybe a couple of back up guards? Or maybe a scrub center to back up their already sorry ass center? What are they thinkin'?
Exactly. This is exactly why me, myself, and others are pissed about the RJ trade as well. It's not THAT the Spurs got RJ or THAT the Cavs got Shaq. The simple fact is, both of those teams knew they had to do to make improvements to win/keep winning championships and got sh8t done. Whereas, we trade two spots down in the draft for a Mcmuffin and some brownies.

Yippie.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-25-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #1998
sike
The Preacha

bye bye RJ....bye bye Shaq....both had for peanuts.

Neither are the names I'm most interested in...but its only gonna get tighter if they don't make a move for the guy(s) they want soon. Lets please not wait for the market to dictate to us. Go after the best guys now!

By the way...I could Shaq actually slowing down BronBron a bit...thats a very big body clogging the middle that LeBron has to get around now as he flashes to the rim.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:12 AM   #1999
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's impossible for everything to not get back to nash ultimately.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #2000
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

If the Mavs can't get Kaman or Camby then Okafor does seem like the next logical choice at center.

He is every bit as talented as Kaman but a little small. Eh, in today's game, who cares. He is a consistent 13-15 ppg, 10 rpg, 1.5 bpg. If the Mavs can get that for Junk, then I'll stop bitching .

Tags
bea > drew > erick, bea arthur could ball, bea arthur has balls, biedrins for the wins, boobsftw, damn bucksuckshot, flaco's purple nipples, mc pee pants?, oliwa?candy, ostertagtag?, tweetweet, who is this mcpants?