Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #1961
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
There are things Google knows better than even you do.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #1962
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...y-nba-team.ece
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #1963
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Sefko, Sefko. "Best 2" maybe in 3 yrs....
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #1964
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is the best #2 player? I don't think I understand.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #1965
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Sefko still = F'ing idiot.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #1966
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Dirk is the best #2 player? I don't think I understand.
Sefko's still operating under the assumption that Dirk can't carry a team to a championship because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Sefko still = F'ing idiot.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #1967
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I would say that the chances of Deron coming here are about infinity percent.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #1968
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Sefko is saying that Dirk would be the best 2 in the league because Dwill would become the best player on the team. Which I honestly haven't seen enough of DWill play this year to say yah or nah on that. Just going off of what I have seen of DWill I'd take Dirk over DWill anyday.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #1969
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

He was the best player on the conference finals Jazz team, his second year in and the following year as well. Though you could give him 1a and Boozer 1b, but I have to say Deron was more indispensable at the time. Here, Deron will be at his best 2nd to Dirk. When we need a bucket with 1 minute left, you got to Dirk and clear it out. What Deron does is it allows Dirk to have some gas with taht minute left in the game.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #1970
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
He was the best player on the conference finals Jazz team, his second year in and the following year as well. Though you could give him 1a and Boozer 1b, but I have to say Deron was more indispensable at the time. Here, Deron will be at his best 2nd to Dirk. When we need a bucket with 1 minute left, you got to Dirk and clear it out. What Deron does is it allows Dirk to have some gas with taht minute left in the game.
Deron made Boozer famous, just look at him on the Bulls mediocre.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-25-2012 at 07:10 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #1971
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk will be the 2nd best because after Deron Dwight will come begging to Dallas and sign around 15M
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #1972
haCORErdMav

haCORErdMav has a spectacular aura abouthaCORErdMav has a spectacular aura about

Can someone tell me the most realistic scenarios for Deron and/or Dwight?

Obviously Deron either stays with the Nets or goes to another team, but how?

Is it as simple as just signing outright or does he do some sort of SnT?

And yes I've heard all the rigamarole about the new CBA making it pointless but will that really be the case? or will Dallas and some other team do some back scratching?

And now for Dwight i know the situation is complicated so does he stay put or does Orlando take the best deal offered and be done with it?

And if he is traded how is it likely to go down? Who actually has the pieces to acquire him and is actually willing to take a chance on him?
haCORErdMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #1973
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Deron was as close to the 20/10 60%TS dream statline, as any guy since Magic. Imo he's a star, and just like Dirk for so long, he never really had the privilege to work with great teams. Now, Dirk is obviously a tier above Deron, probably even at that moment, no question about that, but i really don't see a problem with Dirk being a second option next year (!), when he's 34 and a half year old. I can even see a scenario where that would be a good thing for him, and could lengthen his career.

Also, just because you're a second option, you can take the last shot. Heck, you can take the last shot, as a third option. (Hedo in Orlando?). Dirk will more than welcome Deron if he chooses us, and he could take some off that almost unbearable pressure that Dirk had to take in the last decade, when we were basically a lottery team in almost every year when he wasn't on the floor, and champions with him. There is a reason he posted one of the craziest APM studies in the last decade, up there with Duncan, and Garnett. He's that important. And that's not easy, and especially not easy at 34-35. We want to see him play at least 3 more seasons after this, and he cannot carry this team on his shoulders forever.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #1974
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by haCORErdMav View Post
Can someone tell me the most realistic scenarios for Deron and/or Dwight?

Obviously Deron either stays with the Nets or goes to another team, but how?

Is it as simple as just signing outright or does he do some sort of SnT?

And yes I've heard all the rigamarole about the new CBA making it pointless but will that really be the case? or will Dallas and some other team do some back scratching?

And now for Dwight i know the situation is complicated so does he stay put or does Orlando take the best deal offered and be done with it?

And if he is traded how is it likely to go down? Who actually has the pieces to acquire him and is actually willing to take a chance on him?
Dwight can only come via trade this next season. I highly doubt he's available, but if he is, he'd be a straight trade.

Deron can opt-in to his player option for one more year and be traded (which would be a straight trade and not an SnT and thus not limited to SnT restrictions). More likely, he'll opt out and we could make him an offer to sign him outright and he'd be unrestricted but with bird rights".

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-26-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #1975
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Nets end the season with a 31 point loss and since acquiring Wallace have only gone 7-15. They played .341 ball without Wallace and .318 with him.

With no draft picks coming their way other than a late 2nd round pick and Gerald Wallace looking to opt-out of his player optioned year next year to test free-agency, its hard to be optimistic about the future of the Nets. Maybe if they were going to keep their core and add a lottery-type player to the roster but with few trade resources, no significant draft picks and their stars testing the waters in free agency, its hard to see NJ being anything but a joke. The only thing they may have to offer Deron next year is Lopez, a late second rounder from this draft and perhaps an overpaid, second-tier freeagent from this summer. I say second-tier because no one in their right mind would take a max contract with NJ if they could go elsewhere for the same.

Why would Deron want to stay? I mean New York is glitzy and all but so is Los Angeles and if you are going to be a crappy team in a big market, then you would be on a team more like the Clippers than the Lakers (at least historically)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-27-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #1976
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Nets end the season with a 31 point loss and since acquiring Wallace have only gone 7-15. They played .341 ball without Wallace and .318 with him.

With no draft picks coming their way other than a late 2nd round pick and Gerald Wallace looking to opt-out of his player optioned year next year to test free-agency, its hard to be optimistic about the future of the Nets. Maybe if they were going to keep their core and add a lottery-type player to the roster but with few trade resources and their stars testing the waters in free agency, its hard to see NJ being anything but a joke.

Why would Deron want to stay? I mean New York is glitzy and all but so is Los Angeles and if you are going to be a crappy team in a big market, then you would be on a team more like the Clippers than the Lakers (at least historically)
Their pick to Portland is top-3 protected, so they'll still have a great pick if they luck out in the lottery. Being able to draft a guy like Anthony Davis could make a difference. But generally, I agree. I see very little reason for D-Will to be excited about playing on that roster. He's not interested in a rebuild.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #1977
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Their pick to Portland is top-3 protected, so they'll still have a great pick if they luck out in the lottery. Being able to draft a guy like Anthony Davis could make a difference. But generally, I agree. I see very little reason for D-Will to be excited about playing on that roster. He's not interested in a rebuild.
statistically a 1.96% chance at a top 3

so a 98.04% chance that they only have a late second rounder.

Its still good odds, but with Wallace coming out over the last couple days saying that he wants to opt out and get a long-term deal it still looks grim in NJ even if they get that 1.96% chance.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #1978
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

New York piece, take it for what it's worth, just after his exit interview today:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/net...s-his-decision
Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #1979
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
New York piece, take it for what it's worth, just after his exit interview today:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/net...s-his-decision
I'd be surprised if LA gave up Gasol. With LA picking up Sessions I don't think they would need a PG. True Deron > Sessions, but Sessions is still developing which is why I don't see LA trading Gasol.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #1980
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
I'd be surprised if LA gave up Gasol. With LA picking up Sessions I don't think they would need a PG. True Deron > Sessions, but Sessions is still developing which is why I don't see LA trading Gasol.
thinking bigger picture, when Kobe retires, Deron will take the reigns, alongside Bynum, PG-big man combo toughest to attain at an all star level. If the opportunity is there, Buss will take it. Hill has been a nice find for them.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #1981
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

What I got from that article is Deron wants a place where he can win in two or three years, live comfortably with his family, and have players who make the extra pass and know how to play basketball. Is it just me or does that scream Dallas?
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #1982
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
What I got from that article is Deron wants a place where he can win in two or three years, live comfortably with his family, and have players who make the extra pass and know how to play basketball. Is it just me or does that scream Dallas?
System in place, major players in place, Dallas is home. makes way too much sense. Cuban, RC, Nelson must be at Deron's door at the first legal moment we can talk to them.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #1983
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Without Gerald green? Really?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #1984
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Maybe i missed something, but there is nothing in the article you quoted about the Lakers, Gasol, or trades. Nor should there be, since you can't just up and trade for a free agent. Where are you getting this from?

Old 04-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #1985
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Without Gerald green? Really?
Avery has his priorities straight...

Old 04-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #1986
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Maybe i missed something, but there is nothing in the article you quoted about the Lakers, Gasol, or trades. Nor should there be, since you can't just up and trade for a free agent. Where are you getting this from?
I think the article meant a sign and trade. But as we all saw, (LBJ, Bosh, JJ while we held the Damp chip) without the cap space to leverage a sign and trade would be next to impossible.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #1987
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
From everything I've been hearing, Deron Williams is leaning toward re-signing with the Nets. There's still a lot that can happen, though.
https://twitter.com/#!/NYDNInterNets...25727513849856

It's from some Net's writer so....
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #1988
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
From everything I've been hearing, Deron Williams is leaning toward re-signing with the Nets. There's still a lot that can happen, though.
https://twitter.com/#!/NYDNInterNets...25727513849856

It's from some Net's writer so....
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #1989
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I can't understand why Deron would want to stay. I think he's being pressured by the owner and team to stay because of the new city and building. I'm not sure what's in it for him though. The Nets are awful, even Gerald Wallace is opting out. So there's a very good chance if Deron does stay it's going to be him + scrubs like this year.

I sure wish we somehow had Deron right now, we'd be owning this series. Our pgs are not good enough when you look at the whole 48 minutes. Yes West and Kidd make a few plays, but not near enough and Westbrook is eating them up on the defensive end.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #1990
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Having a new logo does not effectively cover up how horrific the Nets franchise is. I cannot possibly imagine what Deron sees that would have him think about staying. Hell, like MavsWillhaveRings said, even Wallace is opting out and he was the guy that was suppose to party convince Deron to stay!

Also, these are Nets writers.. they have absolutely nothing else to write about. Sefant's77 signature comes to mind atm... Bored and need a good laugh? http://www.netsdaily.com/

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG

Last edited by GhostFace; 05-01-2012 at 10:12 AM.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #1991
LonghornDub

There's always the chance he re-signs there, but I wouldn't put much stock into a tweet by a beat writer for the NYDN. That's not a very credible publication, and I'd imagine Stefan Bondy is "hearing" these things from people other than Deron himself and his friends/family.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #1992
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I can't understand why Deron would want to stay. I think he's being pressured by the owner and team to stay because of the new city and building. I'm not sure what's in it for him though. The Nets are awful, even Gerald Wallace is opting out. So there's a very good chance if Deron does stay it's going to be him + scrubs like this year.

I sure wish we somehow had Deron right now, we'd be owning this series. Our pgs are not good enough when you look at the whole 48 minutes. Yes West and Kidd make a few plays, but not near enough and Westbrook is eating them up on the defensive end.
He had some down time last Tuesday and was ushered over to the new Arena sight and made some positive comments about staying. Every NY reporter spun it and is still spinning it, these guys want to cover a winner, or something interesting to get their names out nationally. They'll manipulate things to make it sound like he wants to stay. Take it with a grain of salt. I wouldn't toss in Wallace's decline of his option, he wants something long term, this is his last contract. It's anyone's guess if he'll be around, the Nets just have to open up the pocket book. Here's my take from the Dallas angle, Cuban better get all his bearings in place before the start of free agency, resign RC and put together the staff ASAP, then at the first possible moment, you bang on Deron's door and present the Dallas Mavericks to Deron and family. No phone call, a full on recruitment, make the guy feel like he is wanted in Dallas.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #1993
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

If no Deron then we'd probably take Nash.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #1994
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
Yeah but everyone assumes Nash wants to come back. I know him and Dirk are BFF but what really matters is how's the relationship between Nash and Cuban. There may be bad feelings after how Nash's stay here ended. We just don't know.

I get the feeling Nash will re-sign with the Suns.

All of that said, if we don't get Deron I sure hope we do get Nash.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #1995
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The horrible Wallace trade was another huge red flag why he shouldnt resign there and pretty sure Deron read some media comments how terrible this move was
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #1996
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
No inside info, but I'd think they'd look at Dragic.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #1997
Thomas86
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Yeah but everyone assumes Nash wants to come back. I know him and Dirk are BFF but what really matters is how's the relationship between Nash and Cuban. There may be bad feelings after how Nash's stay here ended. We just don't know.

I get the feeling Nash will re-sign with the Suns.

All of that said, if we don't get Deron I sure hope we do get Nash.
So the Mavs would have let all there free agents from the title team walk only to sign Nash?...I like Nash but that's gonna be hard to sell to fans.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #1998
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
So the Mavs would have let all there free agents from the title team walk only to sign Nash?...I like Nash but that's gonna be hard to sell to fans.
tbh i didnt agree with letting them walk to try to get williams and howard, but what do i know. (well, i know chandler just won 2012 dpy)

howard is fickle as a fig tree, and williams is not more valuable to the team than what we let go.

i will never get it. just stupid i suppose, but letting all that youth and length go right after winning a title?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #1999
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad we don't have the defensive player of the year! :/

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #2000
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Too bad we don't have the defensive player of the year! :/
Too bad Trix doesn't play for the Knicks, he would've won three or four DPOY trophies already.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight