Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-22-2020, 11:23 PM   #1961
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I just saw a video of Thanasis Antetokounmpo dunking on Iwundu. I hope he doesn't get posterized like that here in Dallas. I hope there is some truth about his toughness.

The player I am the most excited about is Johnson. You don't mess with him or his teammates.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:29 PM   #1962
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Your worth is what you dictate it to be not what the Mavs dictated it to be. He may have regrets. If not now maybe later. Or he may never have them. I'm watching Dak Prescott right now go through the same thing. If you have a number you'd like to play for then you should stick to it.

A little different situation but the rapper Master P went to Interscope Records about a record deal and they offered him 1 million dollars. He didn't take it because he felt he was worth more despite him not having any money. He bet on himself and made over 500 million.
Ok, but unlike hip-hop, or many other things you could compare, an athlete's earning potential is extremely limited to a pretty damn short window of their physical prime. And, it's not about what the Mavs thought - THEY thought too much of him, as it turns out. They thought enough of him to offer a nice contract. It's the REST of the league who didn't value him. Financially speaking, no, he can't ever get these past 4 years back, and $9 million is factually a much smaller amount of money to show for his choice.

This is not a philosophical conversation. It's a simple observation of a costly error. Factually.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:30 PM   #1963
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I just saw a video of Thanasis Antetokounmpo dunking on Iwundu. I hope he doesn't get posterized like that here in Dallas. I hope there is some truth about his toughness.

The player I am the most excited about is Johnson. You don't mess with him or his teammates.
Yeah, when a player's nickname is "Blood Sport" you know you probably got a tough guy, lol.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:02 AM   #1964
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your worth is what you dictate it to be not what the Mavs dictated it to be. He may have regrets. If not now maybe later. Or he may never have them. I'm watching Dak Prescott right now go through the same thing. If you have a number you'd like to play for then you should stick to it.

A little different situation but the rapper Master P went to Interscope Records about a record deal and they offered him 1 million dollars. He didn't take it because he felt he was worth more despite him not having any money. He bet on himself and made over 500 million.
You don't dictate your worth alone though. The free market is the ultimate decider. Noel thought he was worth a max contract. He wasn’t. On the open market, he has fetched 9 million. The difference between Dak Prescott and Nerlens Noel is that Dak is a very, very good NFL quarterback, and Noel is a basically average NBA player.

Good for him for betting on himself I guess. But he lost. And frankly I’m glad that he lost. He’s delusional. If he understood his actual "worth" as a player, he'd be making a lot more money right now.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 11-23-2020 at 12:15 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:35 AM   #1965
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Many guys that bet on themselves usually get the bag. Just didnt work out in Noels favor. Guys get overpaid all the time on bad contracts. Mozgov, Evan turner come to mind.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:23 AM   #1966
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I will say that Josh Richardson is a much better starter than Curry. Curry starting next to THJ was never going to work defensively hence why he only got 25 starts.

Now, Richardson can cover up THJ at SF.

I do wonder who starts though with KP out. Luka/Rich/THJ/DFS/Powell?/WCS?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:23 AM   #1967
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I will say that Josh Richardson is a much better starter than Curry. Curry starting next to THJ was never going to work defensively hence why he only got 25 starts.

Now, Richardson can cover up THJ at SF.

I do wonder who starts though with KP out. Luka/Rich/THJ/DFS/Powell?/WCS?

Old 11-23-2020, 03:31 AM   #1968
FromSloveniaWithLove

FromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Good lord, the Lakers have absolutely murdered this offseason. I would say they deserve credit, but honestly it seems like the usual Lakers exceptionalism, where veteran players will take a discount just to be there, and then other teams just seem to do them favors for some reason. The Schroder-OKC trade gave me Pau-for-Kwame-expiring flashbacks.

I like that Mavs did not stretch for Gasol.. And here is my reason why:
Spain vs. Slovenia Eurobasket 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVSMQQ23b60

Dragic and Doncic absolutely destroyed Gasol brothers.. They were sooo freaking slow that they didn't stand a chance against Slovenia.. So I imagine every young quicker player could be better than him.. Let them have it.. I just think he will play in trash time.. I think he is miles away from starting lineup.

If I could choose between Rondo staying and Gasol coming I would choose Rondo staying in a blink of an eye.

Last edited by FromSloveniaWithLove; 11-23-2020 at 11:03 AM.
FromSloveniaWithLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:07 AM   #1969
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

It is refreshing to see the Mavs have been able to make their offseason moves in such a short time. My memory is that last year (and the year before that; and the year before that; and the... well you get the idea) we were all still waiting for them to do "something"..... "anything". There may be more moves to come but at least the new roster and season are already coming into focus.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:12 AM   #1970
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Short article about 2 way player Hinton

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2020/1...yCuQPp6-2CoAtE
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:12 AM   #1971
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Short article about 2 way player Hinton

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2020/1...yCuQPp6-2CoAtE
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:51 AM   #1972
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

RE Gasol

Dude is the second worst center in the league in terms of defense. If you just want offense and you don’t worry about being absolutely destroyed defensively, then you just keep Boban, who is a net positive.

Toronto was better offensively with him OFF the court. They were also MUCH better (8pts per 100) defensively when he was on the bench.

I’m not sure Gasol is the star people think he is.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:51 AM   #1973
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

RE Gasol

Dude is the second worst center in the league in terms of defense. If you just want offense and you don’t worry about being absolutely destroyed defensively, then you just keep Boban, who was at least a net positive despite his defensive weaknesses.

Toronto was better offensively with him OFF the court. They were also MUCH better (8pts per 100) defensively when he was on the bench.

I’m not sure Gasol is the star people think he is. He was an offensive beast early and Toronto was just so good defensively, that they could afford to have him on the floor but last year he was a net negative.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-23-2020 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:51 AM   #1974
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I can't believe Gasol was the Mavs 1st choice over WCS

I mean seriously paring him up with KP would have been just as bad when they tried to pair up Kaman with Dirk.

On paper it looks sexy but defensively it's a disaster.

IMO the Mavs dodged a bullet by missing on Gasol.

In fact this year I actually believe signing Gasol helps Boban stay on the floor vs the Lakers because that's a good matchup for Boban off the bench
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:51 AM   #1975
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I can't believe Gasol was the Mavs 1st choice over WCS

I mean seriously paring him up with KP would have been just as bad when they tried to pair up Kaman with Dirk.

On paper it looks sexy but defensively it's a disaster.

IMO the Mavs dodged a bullet by missing on Gasol.

In fact this year I actually believe signing Gasol helps Boban stay on the floor vs the Lakers because that's a good matchup for Boban off the bench
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #1976
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe the Celtics mishap with the Hayward situation isn't getting more media coverage honestly.

https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/s...19724919156738

I mean I've sat on it a few days and I still can't believe Ainge didn't leap at the chance to swap Hayward for Turner. I would have been falling out of my chair to do that and instead he wanted more?!?!? I swear... He is massively overrated as a GM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:18 PM   #1977
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
RE Gasol

Dude is the second worst center in the league in terms of defense. If you just want offense and you don’t worry about being absolutely destroyed defensively, then you just keep Boban, who was at least a net positive despite his defensive weaknesses.

I’m not sure Gasol is the star people think he is. He was an offensive beast early and Toronto was just so good defensively, that they could afford to have him on the floor but last year he was a net negative.
I'll admit, I haven't actually watched him play in probably two years. I just assumed he was still decent.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:35 PM   #1978
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yikes...Iwundu got murdered on that play....sheesh.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #1979
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Ok, but unlike hip-hop, or many other things you could compare, an athlete's earning potential is extremely limited to a pretty damn short window of their physical prime. And, it's not about what the Mavs thought - THEY thought too much of him, as it turns out. They thought enough of him to offer a nice contract. It's the REST of the league who didn't value him. Financially speaking, no, he can't ever get these past 4 years back, and $9 million is factually a much smaller amount of money to show for his choice.

This is not a philosophical conversation. It's a simple observation of a costly error. Factually.
My point is you know what you are willing to accept to play. I commend someone for doing that not gonna call him "dumb". His blessing may be given to him later in life. Just never know.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:38 PM   #1980
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
You don't dictate your worth alone though. The free market is the ultimate decider. Noel thought he was worth a max contract. He wasn’t. On the open market, he has fetched 9 million. The difference between Dak Prescott and Nerlens Noel is that Dak is a very, very good NFL quarterback, and Noel is a basically average NBA player.

Good for him for betting on himself I guess. But he lost. And frankly I’m glad that he lost. He’s delusional. If he understood his actual "worth" as a player, he'd be making a lot more money right now.
That's my stance. Its just how you are programmed. If I want a certain amount in my job and my employer or whoever won't give it to me I'm willing to go elsewhere because I know my worth. I can understand why someone would call it dumb but I just don't agree.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:44 PM   #1981
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Many guys that bet on themselves usually get the bag. Just didnt work out in Noels favor. Guys get overpaid all the time on bad contracts. Mozgov, Evan turner come to mind.
Very true.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #1982
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

OK 1. but that's not even his man...at all. I applaud his give a shit enough to try and stop it.

2. What goes around, comes around
https://youtu.be/nJ5XzJ28nZ4

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:15 PM   #1983
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
OK 1. but that's not even his man...at all. I applaud his give a shit enough to try and stop it.
Exactly. Dude cares on the defensive end. A lot.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:15 PM   #1984
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 11-23-2020, 01:16 PM   #1985
KillerLeft

Quote:
My point is you know what you are willing to accept to play. I commend someone for doing that not gonna call him "dumb". His blessing may be given to him later in life. Just never know.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:55 PM   #1986
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Dirk likes this offseason
Old 11-23-2020, 02:06 PM   #1987
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Seriously, we had no trade assets and we

1) dumped our under-performers
2) drafted multiple strong prospects
3) got rid of our one-way guys
4) Got some really nice two-way guys who can defend
5) Got some bruisers/bastards to back up KP when teams go dirty on Doncic (WCS, Johnson, Richardson). Hopefully that means KP doesn't get ejected and doesn't have to be the only tough.
6) We did all that without sacrificing the cap. We're going to walk into 2021 with 30-40mill in cap space and can either sign some FAs or we can get talent for absorbing some big contracts. Lots of flexibility, even if we don't get Giannis.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-23-2020 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:08 PM   #1988
KillerLeft

Quote:

2) drafted some multiple strong prospects
5) Got some bruisers/bastards to back up KP when teams go dirty on Doncic (WCS, Johnson, Richardson). Hopefully that means KP doesn't get ejected and doesn't have to be the only tough.
6) We did all that without sacrificing the cap. We're going to walk into 2021 with 30-40mill in cap space and can either sign some FAs or we can get talent for absorbing some big contracts. Lots of flexibility, even if we don't get Giannis.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:27 PM   #1989
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

2) drafted some multiple strong prospects

Cheers to this! Respek to MBT.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:34 PM   #1990
KillerLeft

Old 11-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #1991
FiZth

FiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of light

One can dream, but with elite level rebounding PG and possible SG Hinton, we could someday use a lineup where all players averaged 10 rebounds per 36 minutes last season (ofc Bey and Hinton in college):

Willie Cauley-Stein 10.3
Kristaps Porzingis 10
Tyler Bey 11.2
Nate Hinton 10.3
Luka Doncic 10
FiZth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #1992
FiZth

FiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of light

One can dream, but with elite level rebounding PG and possible SG Hinton, we could someday use a lineup where all players averaged 10 rebounds per 36 minutes last season (ofc Bey and Hinton in college):

Willie Cauley-Stein 10.3
Kristaps Porzingis 10
Tyler Bey 11.2
Nate Hinton 10.3
Luka Doncic 10
FiZth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:01 PM   #1993
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

So glad that didn't happen for that price. I lost pretty much all interest in Covington after his subpar Houston performance.

Old 11-23-2020, 03:50 PM   #1994
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes luck is just as important as skill. Donnie has done a fantastic job beginning with the 2018 draft and coupled with a few lucky breaks we’ve rebuilt much faster than anyone had any right to expect. Kudos and thank you sweet baby Jesus.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #1995
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
So glad that didn't happen for that price. I lost pretty much all interest in Covington after his subpar Houston performance.

I like Covington I wouldn't have been opposed to that deal but it worked out best for both teams. Rockets ended up getting 2 1st rounders for him.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #1996
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

Curry AND both of our draft picks? Yeah, no thanks.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #1997
VA-Mavs-Fan

VA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the rough

I agree - I think it worked out MUCH better for Mavs with Josh Green, Josh Richardson, Tyler Bey, and Tyrell Terry - instead of RoCo (had that trade gone through). If you can draft well, and develop players, that's where the value is (not overpaying for older players, past their prime via trade or FA).

Question: Has anyone heard if the contracts for Ty Terry and Tyler Bey are going to be 4 years, where the mavs have to chip in part of their MLE $ to make that work?
VA-Mavs-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #1998
VA-Mavs-Fan

VA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the rough

duplicate

Last edited by VA-Mavs-Fan; 11-23-2020 at 04:32 PM.
VA-Mavs-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:32 PM   #1999
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

2) drafted multiple strong prospects
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EricaLubarsky again.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:36 PM   #2000
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I can't believe the Celtics mishap with the Hayward situation isn't getting more media coverage honestly.

https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/s...19724919156738

I mean I've sat on it a few days and I still can't believe Ainge didn't leap at the chance to swap Hayward for Turner. I would have been falling out of my chair to do that and instead he wanted more?!?!? I swear... He is massively overrated as a GM.
Celtics are kinda screwed. They have 4 good players and a bunch of JAGs
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote