Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-03-2024, 01:11 AM   #2201
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to all

Last thing I am going to say. If this isn't the year for the Mavericks.

THJ, Maxi, Powell. Need to be off the team before the start of the next season.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2024, 07:59 AM   #2202
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Man, and we were all talking up DJJ. But my god, you can't play high minutes and not score a damn point.

Maxi has to be the worst offensive player in the league.

We were due a loss, but it's annoying that three players don't score. Could have easily won.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 08:54 AM   #2203
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Man, and we were all talking up DJJ. But my god, you can't play high minutes and not score a damn point.

We were due a loss, but it's annoying that three players don't score. Could have easily won.
Yeah the loss was coming, but to see the same issues pop up in games where we need production is frustrating. You just cannot have thj maxi and Hardy out there together for stretches. Broken record.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:28 AM   #2204
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Y'all might flame me but...

I thought THJ played really well ***early on***

He was a willing passer and gave the ball up quickly instead of forcing the ball down and trying to make something happen. He made good, quick decisions on three balls and I distinctly remember two of the early ones going in and out.

Alas, he reverted to the same ole Timmy in the 2nd half it appears. I had to go to bed earlier, so missed out (or didn't, I guess?).

But man, if the guy can just fucking play a role instead of thinking he's the 3rd option or 6th man of the year, this team's roster makeup and rotations would be sooo much better. Need a guy like THJ but they also have to know their damn role and do so for 48 mins and not just one half.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 09:30 AM   #2205
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Please stay away from the Warriors in the playoffs
I am not AT ALL worried about this version of the Warriors. Lively in and we win most likely by double digits. Even without Lively, this game could have gone the same way.

Warriors are toast. They won't win another ring with Curry as hard as they might try. Kerr is overrated and the core is old with no real solid young pieces.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:28 AM   #2206
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Bench Maxi + Powell and play Morris + OMax. Kidd should at least try this to see what happens. It seems every time Morris gets in the game, he contributes. Give it a shot JKidd.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:53 AM   #2207
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

got the mavs finishing the season 4-3 with 49 wins and the 6 seed. very possible 5-2 with 50 wins, still 6 seed. loss to rockets, heat, thunder.

could be facing any of thunder nuggets twolves. it changes nightly. itll come down to the last game of the season...

hope we get an update on lively today/tomorrow

Last edited by Melonhead; 04-03-2024 at 10:55 AM.
Melonhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:41 AM   #2208
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Y'all might flame me but...

I thought THJ played really well ***early on***

He was a willing passer and gave the ball up quickly instead of forcing the ball down and trying to make something happen. He made good, quick decisions on three balls and I distinctly remember two of the early ones going in and out.

Alas, he reverted to the same ole Timmy in the 2nd half it appears. I had to go to bed earlier, so missed out (or didn't, I guess?).

But man, if the guy can just fucking play a role instead of thinking he's the 3rd option or 6th man of the year, this team's roster makeup and rotations would be sooo much better. Need a guy like THJ but they also have to know their damn role and do so for 48 mins and not just one half.
He isn't a smart player. It's that simple. Dwight Powell also falls under this ilk. It's not just about the talent...if you're dumb, then it really hurts your team.

But I agree...we need the scoring. See, if THJ were just doing a Davis Bertans, then I'd be fine with that. But then he thinks he can do things he simply can't.

Wes Matthews was king of that shit. Play within your talent!

Old 04-03-2024, 12:32 PM   #2209
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Agreed on all counts. I was expecting a loss too so I'm not upset about it. And I am at least glad the game was so close.

But this game really did expose the Mavs' weakness when it comes to depth and role players. It reminds me of the mid-2000's teams, in a bad way. How many nights the offense completely dried up because we had no actual scorers on the team outside of Dirk and Jason Terry.

I'm hoping to the basketball gods that Omax's 3pt% in the G league isn't fool's gold and carries over. If he can just hit threes, he'll be a suitable replacement for Maxi. And I'm crossing my fingers hoping we can finally get something... anything for THJ now the he's in the final year of his contract.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 01:02 PM   #2210
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Agreed on all counts. I was expecting a loss too so I'm not upset about it. And I am at least glad the game was so close.

But this game really did expose the Mavs' weakness when it comes to depth and role players. It reminds me of the mid-2000's teams, in a bad way. How many nights the offense completely dried up because we had no actual scorers on the team outside of Dirk and Jason Terry.

I'm hoping to the basketball gods that Omax's 3pt% in the G league isn't fool's gold and carries over. If he can just hit threes, he'll be a suitable replacement for Maxi. And I'm crossing my fingers hoping we can finally get something... anything for THJ now the he's in the final year of his contract.
I would think THJ is finally moveable in the offseason. Push Omax up, keep Josh Green unless there's a solid trade there. The roster is very close, they should be a top 4 seed next season.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:39 PM   #2211
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
Last thing I am going to say. If this isn't the year for the Mavericks.

THJ, Maxi, Powell. Need to be off the team before the start of the next season.
This definitely not our year. We still need a cpl pieces on the floor, even IF we could overcome Kidd.

When good opposing coaches shorten rotations AND gameplan against us, the gap becomes wider.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 06:17 PM   #2212
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
This definitely not our year. We still need a cpl pieces on the floor, even IF we could overcome Kidd.

When good opposing coaches shorten rotations AND gameplan against us, the gap becomes wider.
I think this is our year. The rotations tighten up in the playoffs. Green being back will eliminate THJ hopefully. If we are healthy, we can beat anyone.

Playoff Luka and Kyrie are going to be impossible to stop.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 08:22 PM   #2213
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I think the pressure is off in the immediate future because we finally have a complete team. Yes, we could use some better depth, but that's about it. Defense and rebounding have been mostly fixed.

There are no FA freak outs or wondering if Powell starts at center this summer.

Doubt Kidd gets fired though unless they totally whiff the playoffs.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:15 PM   #2214
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think the pressure is off in the immediate future because we finally have a complete team. Yes, we could use some better depth, but that's about it. Defense and rebounding have been mostly fixed.

1. Totally whiffing in the playoffs, is NOT off the table. I think a Luka and Kai led team can overcome a lot. However, is Kidd and co going to be able to play chess at the main table? When opposing coaches tighten rotations and have ample time to gameplan, can we make the necessary adjustments?

2. IMO, we still need to turn THJ, Maxi and anything else available into at least 1 versatile player who has decent handles and can also defend.
Barring a cpl injuries, Omax is done for the season aside from a practice body. I cant imagine he gets a single remotely significant minute in the POs. He should be a useful rotation player next season so that probably leaves us with needing one versatile bench player upgrade.

Last edited by SMC0007; 04-03-2024 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:32 PM   #2215
Melonhead
Guru

Pelicans lost. Now hoping for a suns loss.
Old 04-04-2024, 04:50 AM   #2216
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Even if we completely whiff the playoffs, I seriously doubt Kidd is going anywhere.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 11:27 AM   #2217
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. Totally whiffing in the playoffs, is NOT off the table. I think a Luka and Kai led team can overcome a lot. However, is Kidd and co going to be able to play chess at the main table? When opposing coaches tighten rotations and have ample time to gameplan, can we make the necessary adjustments?
I agree with this 100%. The Mavs changed their identity after the trades for Gafford and PJ. This has created problems for opponents because it largely caught them off guard. But coaches will make adjustments now that there is film to dissect and the question is can Kidd make moves to counter those adjustments. Being an optimist, i would say the Mavs have enough talent to make countermoves but the jury is out on whether Kidd is up to the challenge. Alternatively, a more pessimistic (reality based?) view is we know the answer and the answer is "NO". I choose to be an optimist today. We will see about tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2024, 11:43 AM   #2218
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I agree with this 100%. The Mavs changed their identity after the trades for Gafford and PJ. This has created problems for opponents because it largely caught them off guard. But coaches will make adjustments now that there is film to dissect and the question is can Kidd make moves to counter those adjustments. Being an optimist, i would say the Mavs have enough talent to make countermoves but the jury is out on whether Kidd is up to the challenge. Alternatively, a more pessimistic (reality based?) view is we know the answer and the answer is "NO". I choose to be an optimist today. We will see about tomorrow.
this is why im worried about specific matchups. even though i personally believe mavs at full strength should take most of these teams in the first round, you cant help but wonder those stretches of THJ Maxi Hardy combination, and how well Lively is doing with his health. I hope that Kidd is up to the task. Has to know when to pull guys that arent producing. Also how will Josh Green fit into this?
Old 04-04-2024, 02:57 PM   #2219
LukaMagic
Golden Member

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Streak ended but I?m not too upset. With Lively we win.

Now we gotta figure out how to win without him and pray to god he comes back for/before the playoffs
I agree. Except with the "pray to god" thing. That I find primitive. I prefer to seek the understanding and deal with the reality and its consequences.

ps Ouch.
pps I know. Sorry.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 03:00 PM   #2220
LukaMagic
Golden Member

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaMagic View Post
I agree. Except with the "pray to god" thing. That I find primitive. I prefer to seek the understanding and deal with the reality and its consequences.

ps Ouch.
pps I know. Sorry.
Would you like a song? I have one in mind.
It would repair this. Seamlessly. Along with potential fuzzy feelings inside.

I think!

ps Plus and undoubtedly, the song would be total surprise and out-of-a-blue type of thing. But American!!!
pps You've never heard of it.
ppps Even. You've never even heard of it.
pppps For sure!

ppppps Please try and avoid some of the more classic passive-aggressive shit-based responses. I am joking after all. Try and keep in mind.

My advice is to ignore it and let the retards chirp around it. And just observe while

t h i n k i n g .

Last edited by LukaMagic; 04-04-2024 at 03:36 PM.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 03:58 PM   #2221
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Also how will Josh Green fit into this?
Green needs to produce more in less minutes. That is how he will fit and why it's puzzling that Hardy doesn't have more of a role. Hardy, for all his flaws, generally produces points in few minutes.

Green is a hustle guy, but I just don't know if he is more than that. He shows flashes of handling, passing, defense, and hitting threes...but never consistently. And I'm not really sure why.

Green is in the 'might not score a point' camp which drives people crazy. You cannot play in the modern NBA and score 3 points in 20 minutes. You just can't.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:20 PM   #2222
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaMagic View Post
Would you like a song? I have one in mind.
It would repair this. Seamlessly. Along with potential fuzzy feelings inside.

I think!

ps Plus and undoubtedly, the song would be total surprise and out-of-a-blue type of thing. But American!!!
pps You've never heard of it.
ppps Even. You've never even heard of it.
pppps For sure!

ppppps Please try and avoid some of the more classic passive-aggressive shit-based responses. I am joking after all. Try and keep in mind.

My advice is to ignore it and let the retards chirp around it. And just observe while

t h i n k i n g .
What the FUCK is even going on.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:45 PM   #2223
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
What the FUCK is even going on.
Ignore list is the only way.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:56 PM   #2224
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Luka 3TOs
Gafford already out with 2fouls
shooting 23%
Allowing 56%

not a great first quarter. Come back, Lively!
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 06:57 PM   #2225
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

29% from the field
44% from three

This team is so weird
Old 04-04-2024, 07:02 PM   #2226
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

26% shooting and on pace for 20TOs. I'm out until the second half.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:06 PM   #2227
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Luka 3TOs
Gafford already out with 2fouls
shooting 23%
Allowing 56%

not a great first quarter. Come back, Lively!
Apparently Lively is on crutches?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 07:13 PM   #2228
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Apparently Lively is on crutches?
I said after Kidds comments about two weeks was a bad sign. He never puts out timetables so it made me think it?s bad and could be two weeks minimum.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:16 PM   #2229
Melonhead
Guru

Now Kidd is saying he won?t be back before regular season is over. Fucking great.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:20 PM   #2230
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Hardy gonna be sent down to the Gleague after giving up two 4-pters
Old 04-04-2024, 07:24 PM   #2231
Melonhead
Guru

This is why you get guys like Morris burn throughout the season. Lively hurt, Gafford 3 fouls and in comes maxi smh
Old 04-04-2024, 07:25 PM   #2232
Melonhead
Guru

I?m so sick of watching PJ launch 3s.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:27 PM   #2233
Melonhead
Guru

Luka reverting to ball hog with Kyrie on the floor. Come on man lock in

Edit: right on cue let?s gooo

Last edited by Melonhead; 04-04-2024 at 07:27 PM.
Melonhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 07:30 PM   #2234
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Luka making sloppy passes

5TOs in the half
Old 04-04-2024, 07:34 PM   #2235
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Luka making sloppy passes

5TOs in the half
He looks so uninterested in playing. Rest of team seems to be waking up
Old 04-04-2024, 07:36 PM   #2236
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

FML

Gafford in the locker room getting treated
Old 04-04-2024, 07:38 PM   #2237
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Center rotation is now Powell/Kleber.

Can we re-sign Boban? Feels like 21-22 Mavs
Old 04-04-2024, 07:39 PM   #2238
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

What even is that and how did he make it
Old 04-04-2024, 07:40 PM   #2239
Melonhead
Guru

Bro looks so uninterested and still just says fuck it I?m throwing it the backboard of course it goes in lol he?s a video game
Old 04-04-2024, 07:55 PM   #2240
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hardy gonna be sent down to the Gleague after giving up two 4-pters
Both of those fouls were just low b-ball iq

I'd imagine if he was with the Spurs coaching staff they have developed into a Tony Parker clone by now.

Not sure what the mavs coaching staff is teaching this kid
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copenhagen, straight jacket?, unfresh jive